Manchester United Thread

Yep, i wish, teams would take the bull by the horns. Lets have players taking on opponents. Not playing it like a game of chess. I am fed up with the modern game. Its boring. I don't watch full matches anymore. I end up struggling to keep my eyes open. Football as a game is finished IMO.
The worst thing about the modern game except from having to wait 10 minutes for the ref to check VAR….. is the playing out from the back. Does the keeper really need that many touches on the ball? Especially us where we will try and do this and then what inevitably happens is that Onana has to play it long anyway because he’s put under pressure. They may as well save 5 minutes of pissing around at the back and just send it long from the get go. What a waste of time it is!

Is there seriously more proof needed that Ten Hag has no clue? How often does it happen that we get a lead and instantly he decides to take off any player that has been playing well and replace them with either off-form or basically reserve players. We’re going to be hugely lucky to finish 6th this season and there’s no plan. Ten Hag could make City finish mid-table he’s that bad. Other than Nigerians on social media and his own family (I have doubts), is there anybody who still has faith in him?

The worst thing about the modern game except from having to wait 10 minutes for the ref to check VAR….. is the playing out from the back. Does the keeper really need that many touches on the ball? Especially us where we will try and do this and then what inevitably happens is that Onana has to play it long anyway because he’s put under pressure. They may as well save 5 minutes of pissing around at the back and just send it long from the get go. What a waste of time it is!
I honestly believe VAR was introduced to assist with match-fixing. Illegal betting syndicates around the world make billions across a season. If people think blackmail or bribery doesn’t happen then I have some land on Uranus to sell you.

Klopp wasn't that good during his first two years, give him time for another year. But then again, klopp won UCL in his third year, maybe united could win another european cup... well, uecl atleast, lol

Klopp wasn't that good during his first two years, give him time for another year. But then again, klopp won UCL in his third year, maybe united could win another european cup... well, uecl atleast, lol
I don't think you can compare the two. You could see what Klopp was trying to do and you could see the imrovements (and I hate Liverpool and wanted him to fail.) I can't say either of those things for Ten Hag. Garnachio is probably out the door, nobody wants to come to this club when it likely won't even make the Europa League. Another year and we're in line for a Leicester before long.

I honestly believe VAR was introduced to assist with match-fixing. Illegal betting syndicates around the world make billions across a season. If people think blackmail or bribery doesn’t happen then I have some land on Uranus to sell you.

Everyone who has watched football over the years is aware of match fixing, especially in Italy. It can be used to see deliberate assists to the opposition etc but that’s not the reason of its introduction. I guess it makes a good deterrent of it though.

Everyone who has watched football over the years is aware of match fixing, especially in Italy. It can be used to see deliberate assists to the opposition etc but that’s not the reason of its introduction. I guess it makes a good deterrent of it though.
The power to suddenly find any excuse to disallow a goal and to add on ridiculous amounts of time wasn't done for the good of the game. They could have started clamping down on time-wasting if they were that concerned about ball-in-play time. How hard is it to get AI to decide offside? Far better than the human eye looking at monitors with bias. I think there was something shady behind it all. It's not like the top federation itself, FIFA, hasn't suffered decades of corruption.

Anyway. That's just a bit of a deflection from the point we're bloody terrible in this system. The forwards are unreachable almost with the way he has the midfield set-up. We shouldn't have to rely on McTom or a defender almost every other game to score.

Hats off to Coventry though. Many teams at 3-0 would have given up. They showed great spirit, and this never say die attitude is whats been missing from football. I fear the final wont be as entertaining though.
Take the city game for instance, a late winner, then they were that good they wanted to waste time with De Bruyne taking the ball to the corner flag. If i were a fan i would not be entertained by this.

I think Ten Hag needs to be sacked at the end of the season. I’d say sooner but there’s really not much point at this stage of the season. Even if we win the FA cup he’s got to go. In his time he’s pretty much broken every negative record in the clubs history. He seems like a good guy but surely we’ll have a new manager for next season. I think the majority of Utd fans would be outraged if he’s still the manger next season.

Hats off to Coventry though. Many teams at 3-0 would have given up. They showed great spirit, and this never say die attitude is whats been missing from football. I fear the final wont be as entertaining though.
Take the city game for instance, a late winner, then they were that good they wanted to waste time with De Bruyne taking the ball to the corner flag. If i were a fan i would not be entertained by this.
I agree, Coventry were massive on the day and unlucky not to beat us. That's sort of the problem though, being 3-0 down to us should deflate teams but instead even lower division clubs think they have a chance against us. There's literally ZERO fear factor to us anymore. None.

Bruno had a great game tonight. I think he’s been proving his many critics wrong over the latter part of this season.
As far as the game goes v Shef United it was mediocre performance from us. The 4-2 score line doesn’t really reflect our performance. Still, a win is a win.

Reading it after today's defeat that's tough. Stay strong for another season, lol

It's unbelievable to see how worse Erik ten Hag's Manchester United team is. That heavy defeat against Crystal Palace is quite unacceptable. It's the same scoreline they suffered against Brentford away on the last season, too. It could have gone worse for that Crystal Palace game. The scoreline might get even higher, could have been 7-0 again (like Liverpool did the last year), if their goalkeepers did a lot of mistakes. They had some key players being missed out through injuries as well, especially the defenders, which affected their performances on-field.

Regarding 81 goals conceded they had in a single Premier League season, Manchester United are still better behind already-relegated Sheffield United. That team had even equalled Swindon Town's unwanted milestone, having conceded 100 goals in just a single season (they had even let 13 vs Newcastle United, including an infamous 0-8 hammering at Bramall Lane, and 11 vs Arsenal), and could have broken that record given this season's Premier League had only 2 games left (even though Swindon achieved this rare feat when the Premier League still had 22 teams and 42 games, before switching to 20 teams and 38 games starting from 1995/96 season)!

Last, but not least, their last 3 remaining Premier League games are not so easy for Manchester United. Arsenal are now very close on winning the Premier League this season for the first time since their Invincibles campaign (and stopping Manchester United's own noisy neighbors for becoming the first Premier League winning team to do 4-peat) and they had always been hungry when it comes to scoring goals, particularly on their away matches. I expect another one-sided result for that game, so it's completely finished for Manchester United this season. Unless miracles happened (key players being recovered from injuries), I'm pretty sure Manchester United will only concentrate on the domestic football the next season without playing in European Football.

I love ManUtd and I will always support them. I think these results like yesterday and expected. I like AFC Ajax as a club becouse I think they produce best youngsters in the world, not to mention their history as a club as well. What bothers me is that even Eric Ten Hag who know these guys from his previous club thinks that they can perform good as in Eredivisie. There are maybe few steps up in quality if we compare EPL and Eredivisie.
We'we changed managers who were people with rich portfolio and have experience and knowledge how to won leagues and titles but the club hasn't moved from the time of Sir Alex Ferguson.
If I look back now, I remember that under Moyes we played best looking football after Ferguson. I remember games when we had around 80 crosses in few games but struggle to score, the board back then doesn't respond well to bring players that Moyes wanted to sign, I remember Fabregas saga from that summer too. The club failed to stay behind Moyes and belive that things will come in place and fire him becouse he didn't fulfill the expectations that I think after Ferguson no one would. After that we chase the rabbit, wrong player decisions, lack of inspiration, broken dreams every year.
We can't judge Ten Hag as a coach now, but no matter what I think he will be fired at the end of the season.
We need proper reset from top to bottom in the club, from staff to players, only that will bring fresh ideas and new direction for the club.

I love ManUtd and I will always support them. I think these results like yesterday and expected. I like AFC Ajax as a club becouse I think they produce best youngsters in the world, not to mention their history as a club as well. What bothers me is that even Eric Ten Hag who know these guys from his previous club thinks that they can perform good as in Eredivisie. There are maybe few steps up in quality if we compare EPL and Eredivisie.
We'we changed managers who were people with rich portfolio and have experience and knowledge how to won leagues and titles but the club hasn't moved from the time of Sir Alex Ferguson.
If I look back now, I remember that under Moyes we played best looking football after Ferguson. I remember games when we had around 80 crosses in few games but struggle to score, the board back then doesn't respond well to bring players that Moyes wanted to sign, I remember Fabregas saga from that summer too. The club failed to stay behind Moyes and belive that things will come in place and fire him becouse he didn't fulfill the expectations that I think after Ferguson no one would. After that we chase the rabbit, wrong player decisions, lack of inspiration, broken dreams every year.
We can't judge Ten Hag as a coach now, but no matter what I think he will be fired at the end of the season.
We need proper reset from top to bottom in the club, from staff to players, only that will bring fresh ideas and new direction for the club.
We can’t judge Ten Hag? You’ve got to be joking.
Under his tenure he’s smashed every negative record in the clubs history. Quite frankly it’s gone from mediocre to an unforgivable disgrace.

I’ve always liked Ten Hag as a person but I simply don’t trust him as a coach anymore.

Luckily the season will be over soon and we can hopefully put this mess behind us.

I was content for him to remain in charge until the end of the season but we have hope of still winning the FA Cup. I don’t know whether it’s best to give him the sack now and let a caretaker give us a fresh approach for the final or for them just to keep him and hope for the best. 🤷‍♂️

We can’t judge Ten Hag? You’ve got to be joking.
Under his tenure he’s smashed every negative record in the clubs history. Quite frankly it’s gone from mediocre to an unforgivable disgrace.

I’ve always liked Ten Hag as a person but I simply don’t trust him as a coach anymore.

Luckily the season will be over soon and we can hopefully put this mess behind us.

I was content for him to remain in charge until the end of the season but we have hope of still winning the FA Cup. I don’t know whether it’s best to give him the sack now and let a caretaker give us a fresh approach for the final or for them just to keep him and hope for the best. 🤷‍♂️
I said we can't judge him becouse of the mess in the dressing room and injuries (part of this is his fault). I think if "new" owners want to start fresh they should bring new people from top to bottom, players and new manager. This is not gonna work in the future with this stuff and 90% of the players we have now.

I said we can't judge him becouse of the mess in the dressing room and injuries (part of this is his fault). I think if "new" owners want to start fresh they should bring new people from top to bottom, players and new manager. This is not gonna work in the future with this stuff and 90% of the players we have now.

Ten Hag is the manager, it’s his job to sort out the dressing room.
I’m tired of hearing the injury excuse. We have an academy that’s what it’s there for and arguably our best player of the season has come from the academy.
Of course they should bring in new people from top to bottom it’s been talked about all season and that’s what is currently happening. As far as the players are concerned, these players were wanted by many top clubs when we signed them they just aren’t performing for us specifically. That say a lot about the club and the manger.

All I know is that the offseason manager search (if it happens) is going to be very interesting. I think the fans' pressure on Ten Hag's departure is increasingly mounting, I can't see him lasting the offseason. Mourinho is reportedly very interested in the job but I highly doubt Ratcliffe and the Glazers will want him back.

For you Man United fans, what direction do you guys think the team should take in terms of coaching philosophy, and what available candidates do you think could work for the job if Ten Hag is sacked?

Last edited:
Give him ten hag another year. If united sack another manager they would be a moron. You can't just sack manager every 2 years and hope things change quickly, not every club can find their Pep, Xabi or Flick. Who cares for behind the scene stuff (owner, director of football, etc) as long as the club perform people would forget it anyway, Remember It took arteta & klopp 3 years to develop their squad.

@millossobek Southagte or Nagelsmann would be my choices with Southgate preferable.

@Hayes He’s literally decimated the history of the club by breaking all negative records possible. We’re currently sat in 8th place in the league which is our worst ever premier league position in the history of the club and you say give him another season? Are you trolling again or what? Would any mega conglomerate global club accept 8th without sacking their manager? Would Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern keep their manger after this? No they wouldn’t.

Yeah and what competition that those clubs you mention ?

Arsenal

19-20 : 8th in Premier League
20-21 : 8th in Premier League
21-22 : 5th in Premier League

Last season, almost won the league before they choked, this season... league coming soon ? Did anyone remember everyone (incl me) was clowning arteta with his trust the process ? i thought this guy was poor man's pep. But look at him now

LFC

15-16 : 8th
16-17 : 4th
17-18 : 4th
18-19 : UCL, 2nd in PL (97 Points !) anyone remember klopp was final chocker before he went take off ?

United fans need a harsh fact reality check, This ain't master league when you can reload your save files everytime you loses. Hell even SAF took more than 4 seasons before dominate the league. Give him another year, if he failed again then he can get out.

If Ten Hag is fired this summer then I would only want manager who is well respected by the players, think of Anceloti, Zidane or Conte. But if that is the case most of the players should be released too. I can't see which style of play these players are capable of playing. With only two young players in the midfield, slow center backs, left and right backs that can't defend and leave gapps all the time... that is not fixable. If most of these players stay I guarantee that even managers I mentioned will look like Ten Hag at the end of the season. I am afraid this should be maybe 4-5 years process to take the club at the right track with one manager. If we look back which players and managers were at the club and none of them succeed here then it's clear that the problem is somewhere else.

Who do you think would be the right man for the job?
I think the problem is that there's no outstanding candidates at the moment who are free. At a push I'd say someone like Hansi Flick, or if you were going to try tempt an in post manager then Ruben Amorim, Thomas Frank or De Zerbi.

Ancelotti won't leave Madrid for Manchester, Zidane doesn't speak English and someone like Conte is the antithesis of the Man Utd attacking style of play that they've historically wanted to play

I think the problem is that there's no outstanding candidates at the moment who are free. At a push I'd say someone like Hansi Flick, or if you were going to try tempt an in post manager then Ruben Amorim, Thomas Frank or De Zerbi.

Ancelotti won't leave Madrid for Manchester, Zidane doesn't speak English and someone like Conte is the antithesis of the Man Utd attacking style of play that they've historically wanted to play
I wouldn’t be opposed to Flick or De Zerbi taking charge. Zidane not speaking English isn’t a deal breaker since there can always be a translator hired.
Ancelotti would be a massive coup but you’re probably right about him not wanting to come to us and I don’t think he would be happy with what I will assume will be a limited transfer budget next season unless we ship out mutiple players to fund the budget. The problem we have now is that ideally we would need to spend 500 million on players to get us competing at the top. The board will want a champions league place and whoever is in charge next season needs to deliver that as a minimum. We’ve been in years of “transition”. I think the time for excuses is over. It’s been 12 years without winning the premier league, which is absolutely shocking for a club of our stature.

I would imagine that next year has to be thought of as a transition year, as much as it will displease the fans. From what I've read INEOS wants a huge clear out and then will look to do a reset, it's been required for a while now (Ragnick pointed this out 2 years ago) so champions league would be a huge bonus rather than a necessity

Back
Top Bottom