Manchester United Thread

God couldn't manage this club. If it wasn't for the compensation most managers would walk from this job. Impossible.
I’ve got to say…. fair point lol

I’m really at a loss thinking of all the problems we have. For starters I don’t like us playing possession football. It’s slow, boring to watch and with the players we’ve got it’s extremely ineffective. We’re crap at breaking down opposition using this tactic. Quite frankly we’d achieve the same outcome or perhaps better playing 80s long ball. This back passing to the keeper is really starting to get on my tits now.

I’ve got to say…. fair point lol

I’m really at a loss thinking of all the problems we have. For starters I don’t like us playing possession football. It’s slow, boring to watch and with the players we’ve got it’s extremely ineffective. We’re crap at breaking down opposition using this tactic. Quite frankly we’d achieve the same outcome or perhaps better playing 80s long ball. This back passing to the keeper is really starting to get on my tits now.

Plus we are crap on the ball. The amount of poor passes is unbelievable. If you actually study Casemiro he gives the ball away so much, as does Bruno. The balance is all wrong.

I got rid of my season ticket at the start of last season and I feel great about it. I was sick of spending my hard earned money and all my weekend investing in something that the owners of the club don't take as seriously as me. Just laughing in our faces.

Ultimately the dressing room is unhappy again, and you can tell. That's what happens when management is undermined (yet again) and you don't sell the players you want to sell. Players lose respect and splits happen all over the place. Happens to every manager second season after qualifying for champions league.

Plus we are crap on the ball. The amount of poor passes is unbelievable. If you actually study Casemiro he gives the ball away so much, as does Bruno. The balance is all wrong.

I got rid of my season ticket at the start of last season and I feel great about it. I was sick of spending my hard earned money and all my weekend investing in something that the owners of the club don't take as seriously as me. Just laughing in our faces.

Ultimately the dressing room is unhappy again, and you can tell. That's what happens when management is undermined (yet again) and you don't sell the players you want to sell. Players lose respect and splits happen all over the place. Happens to every manager second season after qualifying for champions league.
Yeh we do give the ball away a lot. I have to disagree with you about Casemiro though. He’s been our best player and he’s not giving it away more than anyone else. They’ve all been sh*t at keeping the ball lol Its why I said we shouldn’t play possession football.
I can’t afford a season ticket, I just go occasionally when I can get hold of tickets. I’ve got a friend that works in football and he gets free tickets sometimes. He’s a Liverpool fan so they go directly to me 😂

It does appear the dressing room is unhappy but from my perspective that’s been the case for several years. I do have an immediate cure for dressing room blues though… Win some f****** games!

Yeh we do give the ball away a lot. I have to disagree with you about Casemiro though. He’s been our best player and he’s not giving it away more than anyone else. They’ve all been sh*t at keeping the ball lol Its why I said we shouldn’t play possession football.
I can’t afford a season ticket, I just go occasionally when I can get hold of tickets. I’ve got a friend that works in football and he gets free tickets sometimes. He’s a Liverpool fan so they go directly to me 😂

It does appear the dressing room is unhappy but from my perspective that’s been the case for several years. I do have an immediate cure for dressing room blues though… Win some f****** games!

They were all happy last year. Watch casemiro next few games...Trust me. Not his fault. We arent playing him the right way.

They were all happy last year. Watch casemiro next few games...Trust me. Not his fault. We arent playing him the right way.
We can agree to disagree about Casemiro. Like I said, he doesn’t give the ball away more than the next guy. They’re all guilty of that. I do watch him, he’s my favourite player and has also been our best player so far this season. Not just because he’s our top scorer (which is a shockingly bad thing since he’s out scoring our “goal scorers” which kind of says it all about our forward players though I do hold out a lot of hope in Hojlind) but because his all around game outshines everyone else on the field and his passion and desire to win cannot be questioned.

Last edited:
Decided to show what I think Ten Hag should play for “October”. He’s never going to play 2 up front so it’s a 433 sigh. Anyway firstly I’d drop Rashford because he’s shouldn’t keep getting rewarded by getting games for playing poorly. I’d immediately put Diallo into the team as he’s back in October as is Reguilon. Bit of a gamble here but Maguire probably deserves a shot purely because he hasn’t made any glaring errors recently, plus it’s either that or a mediocre swede.
IMG_0049.png

he need to find the best 11 in the upcoming 2 matches + gain trust by winning the CL match then be ready for the derby...
Otherwise there is lot of things that can help like why he don't try Garnecho as LWB in 3/5/2 Formation cause we need to score that's it and Casemiro need someone in front of him but okay there is that thing between him and Amrabat so why 4 DCs then ? 2 strikers and Garnecho like what i told will suit the goals of united
Today's game nothing to do with what i'm talking about

Onana really is the worst keeper I’ve seen at United in decades. If it’s on target, even if it’s slow, it’s likely in. We got rid of De Gea and spent tens of millions on utter shite. Let’s play ‘spot the difference’…

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpeg
    IMG_1876.jpeg
    785.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Onana really is the worst keeper I’ve seen at United in decades. If it’s on target, even if it’s slow, it’s likely in. We got rid of De Gea and spent tens of millions on utter shite. Let’s play ‘spot the difference’…
Well yeah he’s a De Gea Wanabe. What’s hilarious to me is that we specifically bought him for his distribution which in this game was obviously shocking and led to 1. Casemiro being forced to bring the attacker down or it was a certain goal and 2. Not only costing the team… again but now he’s actually detrimental to players around him. Casemiro will now serve a ban purely because of Onanas bad goalkeeping.
I will also say lidelof and Varane were equally as bad today.
I thought in attack we looked promising but that’s no good if you immediately give away a goal every time you score. Not happy

Rashford needs to stay in the bench for 5 matches for passing that ball.
onana should remain in africa after african cup of nations.we do not want him anymore. bring back de gea.
eriksen should only play cup games.
mount should play with the reserves. he is shit.
lindelof and varane needs replacing.
WE ARE DOOMED. WE ARE NOT EVEN MAKING EUROPA. WE WILL LOSE TO NEWCASTLE AND WE WONT EVEN QUALIFY FOR CONFERENCE.
AFTER THAT
ERIK TEN NEEDS TO GO.

I like the principles of work of Ten Hag but this decisions on transfers past summer were on him. Onana was never world class goalkeeper nor will ever be. Mount is lost in space, he doesn't know his role and what he is doing on the pitch. Amrabat is not playing on his position and can't be judged but those mistakes are too big for him to continue to play on that role. Williams was good LB but they decided not to give him a chance and kept Luke Shaw, for me one of the weakest links in our squad with Dalot, Maguire, Lindelof and Antony.
The worst thing is that we were in big trouble and there should definately need to make a cut to end this downroad fall. I am afraid our whole infrastructure is spoiled from Glazers down to the squad.
P.S. I hope Ten Hag kept his principles and after Old Trafford was empty the players had another hard training session late in the night...

Here is a chemistry one that make the players do their jobs as special things not make from normal players special ones

lineup (8).png

Here is a chemistry one that make the players do their jobs as special things not make from normal players special ones

View attachment 239025
with all respect mate, but how do you expect this team not concede minimum 4-5 goals every match? do you really think Garnacho can come back and defend, same applies to Dalot. they are not players that can cover 100 metres in defence in offence. even Evra and Valencia (who are best LB and RB we ever had) can't answer to that objective. but that's not the real problem here, problem is the midfielders you pick to cover them, Mount and Bruno should come to defence but they are very weak while we defend. to play this formation we need three really strong CB's and at least one DM, read Licha, Varane and someone new CB which we miss the chance to buy this summer. Casemiro can fit perfectly in DM, but then the issues come with injuries and our squad depth.
don't want to write long posts and look "smart" but it's not that easy to fix the issues we have now which are bigger than last year if you ask me.

with all respect mate, but how do you expect this team not concede minimum 4-5 goals every match? do you really think Garnacho can come back and defend, same applies to Dalot. they are not players that can cover 100 metres in defence in offence. even Evra and Valencia (who are best LB and RB we ever had) can't answer to that objective. but that's not the real problem here, problem is the midfielders you pick to cover them, Mount and Bruno should come to defence but they are very weak while we defend. to play this formation we need three really strong CB's and at least one DM, read Licha, Varane and someone new CB which we miss the chance to buy this summer. Casemiro can fit perfectly in DM, but then the issues come with injuries and our squad depth.
don't want to write long posts and look "smart" but it's not that easy to fix the issues we have now which are bigger than last year if you ask me.
its easy because there is potential that appeared through problems and its the defenders and midfield most of our conceded goals are because forward players and Bruno for example is an offensive midfielders not like mount who can play a Rakitic or a Fred for example role and about Garnecho he will be offensive defender and he will be the Saviour all the time on that side to rebuild the attack or to let Man utd get rid of long pass to goalkeeper and not because he is the main role as that he is the LINKER it means you mark him or not it is useless when he is doing the simple job

EDIT : here is why lot of big teams fall or never get healed

the first goal is a counter attack one when it can be easily a possession goal and whenever united try to do that it fails .

Last edited:
its easy because there is potential that appeared through problems and its the defenders and midfield most of our conceded goals are because forward players and Bruno for example is an offensive midfielders not like mount who can play a Rakitic or a Fred for example role and about Garnecho he will be offensive defender and he will be the Saviour all the time on that side to rebuild the attack or to let Man utd get rid of long pass to goalkeeper and not because he is the main role as that he is the LINKER it means you mark him or not it is useless when he is doing the simple job

EDIT : here is why lot of big teams fall or never get healed

the first goal is a counter attack one when it can be easily a possession goal and whenever united try to do that it fails .
just one thing, you mention Rakitic and compare it to Mount. if Mount can play one game like Rakitic belive me he will cost like Bellingham :D but it's not and will never be! and how the hell can Garnacho be offensive defender when he doesn't have a clue how to defend? please...
like I said it's easy to make a formation on some site and have the ideas in mind but in reality that is much deeper and doesn't function like that. managers come and go since Sir Alex Ferguson and you think none of them know and have knowledge we have here? if it was that easy all would be different.

If bruno is smart, he should leave as fast as he can, idk maybe to RM/FCB or Bayern or City.

Learn from de gea's mistake for staying after bloods & sweat then at the end of his stint they treated him like trash

just one thing, you mention Rakitic and compare it to Mount. if Mount can play one game like Rakitic belive me he will cost like Bellingham :D but it's not and will never be! and how the hell can Garnacho be offensive defender when he doesn't have a clue how to defend? please...
like I said it's easy to make a formation on some site and have the ideas in mind but in reality that is much deeper and doesn't function like that. managers come and go since Sir Alex Ferguson and you think none of them know and have knowledge we have here? if it was that easy all would be different.
Okay now i will consider it as a talking thing, that Rakitic was for you, if you still look at football as positions it is very bad for a fan of a club because whenever the problem will be you will ask for a change and your maximum limit of thinking is your minimum it means a mercato thing .
What i gave there is the fast solutions to adapt and solve the problems because first you need to aware of the problem then keep playing until you come up with solutions then trying solutions until you reach the perfect results i broke all of this because i understand not so fast as the needs for each part of this big problem .
So, get rid of this "blaming always person" attitude, it is what here ? manager one time next time player next time players next time the field next time the chair next time the bus ......
so automatically you will never look to players let's say mount as a possibility of modric for example
Positions are profiles it means playing style with individual thing of that player in that position.
Finally, do you know that most side backs are weak with defending i mean they are conservative just hold and let another one cut the ball or tackling at some decisions not their main thing .
All of these things worth a watching time of an interested person on his favorite club And please if you want to talk read all of that and answer depends on my talk not like easy to do tactics don't throw your "don't want to write long posts and look "smart"" on me .

If bruno is smart, he should leave as fast as he can, idk maybe to RM/FCB or Bayern or City.

Learn from de gea's mistake for staying after bloods & sweat then at the end of his stint they treated him like trash
Maybe Barca but others will never be interested maybe Everton if it will be PL

Okay now i will consider it as a talking thing, that Rakitic was for you, if you still look at football as positions it is very bad for a fan of a club because whenever the problem will be you will ask for a change and your maximum limit of thinking is your minimum it means a mercato thing .
What i gave there is the fast solutions to adapt and solve the problems because first you need to aware of the problem then keep playing until you come up with solutions then trying solutions until you reach the perfect results i broke all of this because i understand not so fast as the needs for each part of this big problem .
So, get rid of this "blaming always person" attitude, it is what here ? manager one time next time player next time players next time the field next time the chair next time the bus ......
so automatically you will never look to players let's say mount as a possibility of modric for example
Positions are profiles it means playing style with individual thing of that player in that position.
Finally, do you know that most side backs are weak with defending i mean they are conservative just hold and let another one cut the ball or tackling at some decisions not their main thing .
All of these things worth a watching time of an interested person on his favorite club And please if you want to talk read all of that and answer depends on my talk not like easy to do tactics don't throw your "don't want to write long posts and look "smart"" on me .
I had these problems when i talked about Real Madrid and told them that Benzema is a Van Nistelrooij profile player .
I took shots from fake fans that say no and fake boomers telling me as their president he is like Da Lima or Henry

that is what bothering me. we were club with great club culture and respect but when I look back around 10 years ago and sacking of Louis van Gaal, Mourinho and releasing some players on not appropriate way I have bad feeling about where we go.

I really don't want to go this way as you talk becouse I like and respect all utd fans no matter if my opinion is different than theirs. I will not go down to level you speak but when you mention mention world class players they are all unique that's why clubs pay big money to bring them, there is no same profile of players. and yeah football evolved so wingbacks are not that good at defending but their work on defence is vital becouse most of the clubs today play with three players at front.

I really don't want to go this way as you talk becouse I like and respect all utd fans no matter if my opinion is different than theirs. I will not go down to level you speak but when you mention mention world class players they are all unique that's why clubs pay big money to bring them, there is no same profile of players. and yeah football evolved so wingbacks are not that good at defending but their work on defence is vital becouse most of the clubs today play with three players at front.
Okay, don't forget that 2 strikers was not used past 10 years and now many managers are making it back

Also can you think why Ten is not like in Ajax ? is it different players ? is it Ajax yes big team but small league ? is it what ?

Okay, don't forget that 2 strikers was not used past 10 years and now many managers are making it back
that's the thing. Ten Hag had one year already in the club before summer transfer windows opens, he should know that he can't rely on Antony and 90% of the time injured Martial. yeah good old 442 was not used long time but that system was perfected by Fergie and was working like Guardiola's today system. he brings only the players he want. our problem is system/marketing issue. remember when we spoke above about same profile of players, Antony for example is player who work good in Ten Hag's phylosophy but it is not good enough for Premier League. that's why I mentioned that there are not same profile of players, imagine instead of Antony we had Bernardo Silva. I guess we finally understand each other :)

that's the thing. Ten Hag had one year already in the club before summer transfer windows opens, he should know that he can't rely on Antony and 90% of the time injured Martial. yeah good old 442 was not used long time but that system was perfected by Fergie and was working like Guardiola's today system. he brings only the players he want. our problem is system/marketing issue. remember when we spoke above about same profile of players, Antony for example is player who work good in Ten Hag's phylosophy but it is not good enough for Premier League. that's why I mentioned that there are not same profile of players, imagine instead of Antony we had Bernardo Silva. I guess we finally understand each other :)
the needs of the position itself is what make the profile of player let's say a CM with weak defensive skills or a ST that not so fast all of these could kill many talented persons but their focus on other things that let them exist it is not always the coach choice to give them the chance. Any player should know himself this what i'm talking about as profile so it is not the player skills it is like in where he can perform the best and the more the player perform the best he will be opened for other things to do or to improve so automatically it is a level thing so let's put mount at "fast short passing situations with possibility of some long ones" its like he can build so we will see things like that Modric did at Madrid if not it will be the same and he need to work more on accuracy and instinct decisions like turning with ball or moving forward with ball to break the opponent 10 man defending ....

@MFZ69 i have to agree with @darkoj2007 the formation is unrealistic and Garnacho playing as a left wing back is a complete waste of his ability and also he’s not defensive minded. He can track back and help but he can’t play as a left wing back. You’d be better off playing Reguilon there who can defend and can go forward when needed. Apart from this we don’t have the quality to play 3 at the back. We would get destroyed.

@MFZ69 i have to agree with @darkoj2007 the formation is unrealistic and Garnacho playing as a left wing back is a complete waste of his ability and also he’s not defensive minded. He can track back and help but he can’t play as a left wing back. You’d be better off playing Reguilon there who can defend and can go forward when needed. Apart from this we don’t have the quality to play 3 at the back. We would get destroyed.
it is not realistic that's united a little bit sometimes after 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 and that's it i think United has lack of discipline and egoistic acts that get destroyed United the masters of counter attack get destroyed all the time by counter attack.
It means yeah football here the chance we are equal the 50-50 like we can score they can score ....

How a motivation turn to an illusion ? well that's when you break history things in your field

it is not realistic that's united a little bit sometimes after 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 and that's it i think United has lack of discipline and egoistic acts that get destroyed United the masters of counter attack get destroyed all the time by counter attack.
It means yeah football here the chance we are equal the 50-50 like we can score they can score ....

How a motivation turn to an illusion ? well that's when you break history things in your field
Playing a back 3 with 2 defenders and a DM out of position is pretty unrealistic to me. Last night against Galatasaray they played a back 4 with the same DM played at left back and got tore apart. They need some defensive solidity otherwise any team would just sit back and smash them on the counter

Back
Top Bottom