Manchester United Thread

Re: Manchester United Thread

Happy with that, especially second half. Good directness to our play and always looking for another goal.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Yeah good start, definitely excited about the fact we still have long way to go but as a team we will get better as the season progresses.

Zlatan and Bailly both looked class at opposite ends of the pitch and praise has to go to Fellaini, one of his best games for us.

excited for Friday with Pogba and Mkhitaryan both hopefully starting.

I think Jose realises their is going to be a bedding in period for him, he's not a physical monster like Zlatan, Bailly and Pogba who will all relish that aspect of the game.

I expect him to eased once everyone else is settled.

Worth saying Fellaini was excellent against Bournemouth. Did a DMF role better than I've ever seen him do it - lots of interceptions, lots of 50/50s won in the air and kept his passing short and simple.

Am beginning to wonder if Jose is going to partner him with Pogba, at least until the Rooney gets dropped. In theory, a midfield 3 of Fellaini/Herrera/Pogba could work pretty well.

On Mhikitaryan, think he's just getting eased in tbh. I don't think Jose or anyone doubts his quality.

That was just an excellent match. You know what I didn't even know I'd missed with LVG? Those moments where a tiny touch stops a wonderful attacking move. When you go: 'oooooooo'. Half a dozen in that match alone, that was gone under Louis.

Martial looks a touch shaky, should have had a couple. We could have easily scored a few more, looked more or less in control.

Only blemish was Rooney, who just isn't that dangerous anymore. He wasn't as bad as last week, but he picks it up near the half way line, and you're just not worried. Sad. My theory is that Jose is going to keep picking him and letting him look as bad as he does so he's hounded out naturally. Smart politics I guess, but somewhat ignominious way to go.

:...

That was good fun and that more than anything was what we've missed, we're still a work in progress but you can see the potential we have now, its frightening.

And he was decent today. :)

Him and Pogba as a pairing look very easy to play through to me (on the ground at least)

Will be interesting to see whether Mourinho thinks the same when he faces slicker attacks than Soton's. You'd think Rooney would be dropped but then again it's Rooney...

Utd's best new signing: Luke Shaw. Best FB in the league.

Delighted to see Luke Shaw play a very good match. Always rated him very high and was gutted for his injury.
United looked very good, but Southampton weak in the second half. Hope that is because United was strong (i really like Southampton). My Chelsea loting daughter is convinced that nobody will stop United this season.

Also looks i was wrong about Zlatan being finished. Still want to see him against the big clubs.

Luke Shaw has been brilliant, as he was at the start of last season. Really impressive to come back that well, let's hope he avoids pr*cks like that PSV player for the rest of his career. Makes a huge difference to our attack, we really missed him.

Agree that Fellaini and Pogba are too easy to play through, I still want to see Blind in there instead. Pogba is going to make us much, much more dangerous, but he's also going to concede chances and goals because he takes huge risks in central midfield. On balance it's a good thing, so I hope Jose doesn't coach it out of him.

United have been drawn in Group A with Fenerbahçe, Feyenoord & Zorya. In case you didn't know them, they're the 2nd best team in Manchester

This group is better than some UCL group ... I know its always difficult to play against United ... I hope we will reach to 2nd tour .

That was bloody brilliant. Feels so much like the old united again

Micki has good feet but I don't think he was that good yesterday. Rashford was great! They were all pretty solid imo. But it's Hull.

Don't get carried away after a victory against Hull...

Fellaini: the perfect gentleman...

Helping old ladies instead of celebrating...

We're not getting carried away but there's nothing wrong in having a bit of optimism.
Last season these were the sort of games where we would have gathered about 4 points in total and playing some of the most dire football.

Aguero banned rom the derby for the elbow.. Can't say I'm not a tad relieved.

Also: EL draw is pretty amazing for RvP. Playing against two former clubs.

No worries.
Secret weapon initialised
CrG7MLlWIAA7gFX.jpg:large

No Aguero is good for us, but still, Man City are deep enough now that they'd still cause us trouble and may not be as optimistic as I fear....may become a very "tactical" match...

I hope it'd be open and attacking, but not sure if my heart can take it....

It looks like City are trying to stall the FA's charge until after the derby. They've already asked for an extension...didn't hire enough admin folks?

Still, the FA have a good week and a half to make a ruling, even with the delay. OR they could deliberately let him play in the Derby because it's bigger box office, and their pay masters want it that way. I mean, who knows right?

Personally I want to play the best players, get excuses out of the way. If we want to compete with City for the title, we need to be able to compete on the pitch. Simple.

Back
Top Bottom