Lost Season 3

Re: Lost Season 3 - (Discussion Only / No Spoilers)

Didn't like it. It's too slow for me, they're creatin wait for the season finale, not good.

i like the fact desmond is a celtic supporter...

"Sure it's a grand old team to play for........" :lmao: :mrgreen: \\:o/

Was quite a drab episode, but I think it will be quite slow now until the finale.

FD

Quite liked the episode, sure it wasn't as good as the previous few but I think there's too much comparing going on each time a new episode goes out.

I like the idea how things changed due to Charlie living, and it springs to mind what the future could mean for other occupants of the island in similar or non-similar situations. Could the carrying out of a tragic or drastic dream eventually get the stranded folk rescued? Who knows, I'm still glued though.

As to who the new person is who is barely alive, I initially thought Didier Drogba.

I think we were meant to realise or believe that if Desmond had let Charlie die, the parachutist would have been Penny. The whole background story about sacrifice seemed to confirm this for me, although I do often go down strange mental roads, heh.

Much better than last week's.
I don't know what to think now, because of the 2 main events :).
I'm lost !

the whole sun saga bored me to tears, glad she is going to die in series 5 ;) nice ending, and that new woman looks quite fuckable too :D

Last edited:

Very good episode imo. Loved the ending. I think deep inside Juliette is good....

That woman who crashed has been in films before, I'm sure i've seen her somewhere before.

I just hope theyre not all dead.... might explain why they cant have kids!

Nice episode, only just watched it (3x18).

I think the woman is either a fraud or Dharma have really gone to town with creating a replica Flight 815 with unrecognizable body remains scattered around a different crash site, heh.

If it does turn out that they are all dead, well, it's interesting anyway. Mikhail returning adds to the confusion, I think Ben's revelation to Locke about the "box where you can get magical things to happen from it" 4 or 5 episodes ago has some meaning here, I do reckon there's a touch of The Truman Show going on at times, Ben and the Others being able to make things happen for the plane survivors when they feel like it, any kind of event.

Don't think Desmond saving Charlie affected the pilot outcome personally.

Do feel that Dharma have covered up the plane crash, although I do think it's more likely been sabotaged anyway to explode over the Island co-ordinates etc after being veered off course.

FD

Good episode even tho the main plaot was predictable again but next week looks really good.
Secrets are starting to be revealed hopefully it doesnt stop with the end of the season.

Very good episode imo. Loved the ending. I think deep inside Juliette is good....

That woman who crashed has been in films before, I'm sure i've seen her somewhere before.

I just hope theyre not all dead.... might explain why they cant have kids!

You should recognise her from tv shows in the UK she was a annoying girl in many programs with the cheeky cockny accent i think.

Very nice. Finally they start TALKING to each other !
Finale should be brillant, once again.

Intresting episode, Locke really couldnt do the dirty work at all could he!. Ben keeps leading him on so who knows whats going to happen. Sawyer must tell the rest of the other survivors that the others will be coming to get the pregnant women. But up to now isnt there just Sun thats pregnant ? makes you wonder about Kate and possibly Juliette

Good to see you post back in here Proxi I thought you had gone!

Intresting episode, Locke really couldnt do the dirty work at all could he!. Ben keeps leading him on so who knows whats going to happen. Sawyer must tell the rest of the other survivors that the others will be coming to get the pregnant women. But up to now isnt there just Sun thats pregnant ? makes you wonder about Kate and possibly Juliette

Good to see you post back in here Proxi I thought you had gone!
Can't get rid of me that easily old boy.

In this episode I very much liked the way Locke got Sawyer & Sawyer together (:)), the death was nice and gruesome. Locke was back to his brilliant best, an annoying cunt who gets it right, much like the twat at my work who got my promotion. Anyway, I can see Sawyer either being in a race against time to "save" Sun (how ironic after the Charlie kidnap idea) and possibly Kate, or he'll get there with plenty of time, prepare the "troops" and there'll be a big stand-off of sorts? And if the latter happens I predict someone heeeeeeouuuugggggggely significant making an appearance and / or revealing the massivest secret ever. Haha. But my predictions this season have been shit.

Didn't really like the Jack snubbing of Kate in this episode, it just seemed rather unrealistic, quite over-the-top. He's known Kate all that time and after 10 days he won't let her in on what seems to simply be a secret about how radio signals won't work? Juliet is being portrayed by the makers to be a good and bad person, a normally nice person having to go dark and nasty for her own release and liberation. I can't see her taking Jack in this much in so little time, from the days of being caged up etc. Just me own gut instinct.

Also got a feeling someone big is to die before the season is out.

Good episode, opening up a lot of stuff for the finale.

Don't believe the 'dead' scenario though, that has just been thrown in as it was already mentioned a while back.

FD

No there not dead, especially if they had planned on doing that after everyone figured it out after the first episode they would have changed their minds.

The end of Lost (no spoilers)

Monday, May 07, 2007

It's Official

As I mentioned in my last post, I think this is a good thing. A very good thing. But for many, it's time to start mourning. Per this morning's Variety:

In a potentially paradigm-shifting play, ABC has agreed to let the producers of "Lost" set an expiration date for the series -- three years in the future.

Skein will now wrap after the production of 48 additional episodes that will be divided into three, shortened 16-episode seasons. Final episode -- the show's 119th -- will air during the 2009-10 season.

In conjunction with the advance order, "Lost" showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have inked hefty new multi-year overall deals with ABC Television Studio to continue with the series until the end. Duo had made setting a wrap date for the show a condition for staying.

Lindelof and Cuse had wanted "Lost" to end after two more seasons. They're essentially still getting their wish: The 48 episodes they'll produce over the next three years is the same number the show produced during its first two seasons.

ABC execs, however, came up with a way to keep "Lost" on its sked for three more seasons. What's more, the 16-episode arcs will run without repeats (a la "24"), allowing the Alphabet to make the show more of an event.

"In considering the powerful storytelling of 'Lost,' we felt this was the only way to give it a proper creative conclusion," ABC Entertainment prexy Steve McPherson said.

"I always said that we would allow the series to grow and give viewers the most compelling hour possible," he added. "And, due to the unique nature of the series, we knew it would require an end date to keep the integrity and strength of the show consistent throughout, and to give the audience the payoff they deserve. "

McPherson also acknowledged that getting Lindelof and Cuse to reup "was critical to me and the network."

ABC Television Studio prexy Mark Pedowitz shared that sentiment.

"We wanted to make sure we had the team responsible for its success in place for not only the run of the show, but so that each of their future series creations have a home at the studio after 'Lost,' " Pedowitz said.

J.J. Abrams, who co-created "Lost" with Lindelof, defected to Warner Bros. TV last year and has been focusing on a new slate of TV and film projects, including the revival of the "Star Trek" franchise for Paramount Pictures. He told Daily Variety that he fully supported the advance wrap decision.

"It is the right choice for the series and its viewers," he said via an email message. "It takes real foresight and guts to make a call like this. I applaud ABC and Touchstone for making this happen."

Lindelof and Cuse, who are putting the finishing touches on the third-season finale, released a joint statement praising what they termed "a bold and unprecedented move for ABC" and thanking McPherson and Pedowitz for making it.

Cuse added that he hoped more shows will be able to follow the "Lost" lead and declare an end date.

"I think for story-based shows like 'Lost,' as opposed to franchise-based shows like 'ER' or 'CSI,' the audience wants to know when the story is going to be over," Cuse wrote. "When J.K. Rowling announced that there would be seven 'Harry Potter' books, it gave the readers a clear sense of exactly what their investment would be. We want our audience to do the same."
Cuse confirmed that devising an exit strategy for "Lost" was key to reupping with ABC Television Studio.

"In making this deal, Damon and I had two priorities: defining an end point for the show and keeping the quality bar high," Cuse said. "To do that we are both fully committed to the day-to-day running of the show right up until the very end. It's also why the 16 episodes per year was key for us. Because our show is so mythological, and because, unlike '24,' we can't reset each season, we need the extra time fewer episodes affords us to really plan out the specifics of our storytelling."

Lindelof and Cuse made public their desire for an end date during the TV Critics Assn. press tour last winter (Daily Variety, Jan. 15).

Cuse and Lindelof also wanted an end date in order to mollify critics of the show who worried producers were simply spinning their wheels as they worked through the show's layer upon layer of mystery.

ABC execs had already been talking to the producers about the idea, but they seemed taken aback when Lindelof and Cuse made the conversations public.

Indeed, it would be understandable if ABC execs had been initially cool to the concept of an early end date.

After all, with major hits a rarity in the network game, the rule is to keep hits on the air until every last ounce of success has been squeezed from them (e.g., "ER" or "The X-Files").
And despite relentless media snarking this season -- and the fact that "Lost" has lost a chunk of its fall 2005 audience -- the series is still a top-15 hit that dominates its 10 p.m. Wednesday timeslot in key demos.

In its third season, it's still drawing as many young viewers as NBC's newer, more buzzed-about "Heroes" -- and that's not counting the roughly 2.1 million viewers who watch the show after its live broadcast or via free streaming on ABC.com.

ABC could be establishing a new formula by which nets find success through serving up skeins with more and more audacious concepts but shorter lifespans than the traditional network hit.
Already, the traditional syndie business model -- the one that required studios to produce 100 episodes of a show in order to recoup their investment -- seems to be fading away in an age of instant downloads and universal streaming.

That may be one reason, according to Lindelof, that McPherson and Pedowitz "never argued that the show should keep going and going. The issue has always been when it would end and how far out in front of that ending should we herald it."

Now that the end has been announced, Lindelof promised there would be no attempts to extend or continue the "Lost" mythology on air in some other way.

"There will be no extensions or enhancements. That number (48) is absolute," he said. And "once you begin to see where we're going, I think the idea of sequels and spinoffs will completely go away."

So if he, Cuse or Abrams suddenly come up with a killer plot thread that doesn't fit into the new timeline?

"We'll do it as a radio play," Lindelof quipped.

As for "Lost," show's end game is expected to kick into high gear later this month with the broadcast of the season finale. Details of the plot are under wraps, but a person who has read the script described it as a major shakeup to the plot.

"It changes everything," the person said.

Nothing's official yet, but ABC has all but said that the fourth season of "Lost" won't premiere until January or February of next year.

http://lost-and-gone-forever.blogspot.com/2007/05/its-official.html

You should recognise her from tv shows in the UK she was a annoying girl in many programs with the cheeky cockny accent i think.

I remember her in Playing the Field

They should force the Lost producers to produce shorter seasons and get things rolling.
There are so many episodes in season 3 alone that nothing happens until the last 2 mins of the show and its just nonsesne filler.

Amazing episode but still isnt an excuss for the waisted episode when Hurley fixed the car, Dont worry you will get it.

I didn't like it at all. Even if it's pleasant, until everything stops being about Ben, I won't like revelations about the island.

I just want to see the fight now and expect a great cliff. I don't care about Ben's life.

Wow... loved the episode. We learned a bit about Ben's past. The guy with black hair that Ben sees as a kid.... does he ever age???? Is it just poorly done or does he just never age?? And the ashes around Jacob's house - maybe they're there to prevent him from leaving.. hence him saying "help me". Hope Locke makes it... although I kind of doubt it. I have a feeling that Russoux might come to the rescue, or Alex.

2 episodes to go!

The Ashes are akin too voodoo and stoping him from leaving but i think Jacob might be whoever relates to you.
Jack sees his dad, Ben sees his mum etc, Jacob could also be related to the Cloud monster.
What happened to Locke was obviuos as he was pissing Ben off but we will see more of him garranteed.

Some people are saying Jacob is future Locke... hence the "Jacob doesn't like technology much like you don't john". He also looks a bit like him.

WTFBBQjacobenhanced.jpg

Now that is Lost at its best! :D

Just when Locke was pissing me off, he comes back to his good ol' self again :D

I still think this season was the weakest - but that is down to the crappy filler episodes mid season. Apparently, the directors have a fixed end date for the story and now there will only be 16 episodes a season - which is definitely a good thing imo!

I mentioned this elsewhere but Lost, Heroes and, surprisingly, 24 are getting very very interesting in the closing stages. The next few weeks are gonna be amazing TV viewing!!

For me -ER, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Heroes and the Office are at their peak right now!

They said they are doing 3 more Lost seasons, 16 episodes each, beginning in January every season. Confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom