Individual Awards - Golden Ball and Golden Boot

That Lazio was easily one of the best teams in the world and Nedved was amazing in his final 2 seasons with Lazio. Juve or not, he was one of the world's best already and playing at highest level.

His peak was maybe his first 2 seasons with Juve and last 2 seasons with Lazio. The fact that he was one of the world's best players for almost 4-5 years says it all about the legend!

Anyway, Jiracek is definitely a good player and has some similarities to Nedved. The competitive drive, the skills on the ball, the determination, the long hair, the Czech nationality :P but yeah I doubt he'll ever be as good as Pavel and he doesn't have the same long-range shot.

Nonetheless, I understand what Pipa is saying when he says Czech national team has missed a player like him since Nedved days and I fully agree. That's why it's very nice for Czech republic to have Jiracek now.

Nedved is an absolute legend of the game. I doubt Jiracek will even come remotely close to that status. Apart from some of the energy, the comparison is almost insulting..

Back
Top Bottom