Grand Theft Auto 5

Well, now we just need some hilarious glitches to emerge and the modern day game launch checklist is complete. More compete than the actual software they're shilling.

Screenshot 2022-03-14 155759.jpg
Always bothered me, those sunglasses on the previous version. Glad they finally removed them on PS5.

I got the original game as a pack in with my second ps3 but never got further than stealing a tractor and driving it into a tunnel to get hit by a train. For 8 pounds I might be tempted to give it a proper go but I doubt it.

Just to say : i don't buy GTA anymore since the 4.
I got the impression that even if i finish the game with the 3 characters, it's like i'll be done 10% of the game. There's too much to do.
That's what i was saying to @janguv about Open World : in fact i just don't want a GTA type for Elden Rings.
It's just that i need the feeling to finish it.

When i saw you can play Tennis and there's more or less like Top Spin 3 level lol, i said to myself "Too much. Too real, too open (world)".
Even in San Andreas i got those sensations of unfinished, so i can't imagine with the 5.
BUT even with all that, i'm hesitating to buy it one day, on PS5... Just because it's a classic. I feel like i'm the only one who never played it, at least in my entourage from the internet.

I feel like i'm the only one who never played it
I actually never owned or played this one haha. So again, it's tempting. But I have soooo many unfinished or bought but unopened games at this point. Trying not to increase my collection!

GTA5 is one of the greatest games of its generation.
Of wich one exactly? ;)

It still holds up today and that’s massive, imo. I did spent the 10 bucks and surely will get at least that 10er worth of fun out of it. Maybe even more. Sure you could argue this update should be free and stuff… A bit of chaos in the city was always fun. 🤪

One of my favourite games ,still think it looks pretty damn good and sure won't pay for it again (maybe).
I have it on disc ,so a digital version would be good.
And on the subject ,how many versions have Bethesda put out of Skyrim?

When I went back to Los Santos for the first time in years, the usual chaos unfolded pretty quickly. While I was just minutes into the game, snatching my first vehicle to show off at a street crossing, the following happened…

I have read about the game as was maybe tempted to try it on PS5, but they said Vanilla PS5 vs Vanilla PC the PS5 looks slightly better.
Although the restricted frame rates are noticable.

However the PC with all the graphical mods, looks much better.

One of my favourite games ,still think it looks pretty damn good and sure won't pay for it again (maybe).
I have it on disc ,so a digital version would be good.
And on the subject ,how many versions have Bethesda put out of Skyrim?
Not to mention how many ports of Resident Evil 4 Capcom have released too.

Considering that was originally supposed to be a GameCube exclusive & director Shinji Mikami vowing to cut off his own head before that game ever got ported to any other console too...

Not to mention how many ports of Resident Evil 4 Capcom have released too.

Considering that was originally supposed to be a GameCube exclusive & director Shinji Mikami vowing to cut off his own head before that game ever got ported to any other console too...
Wow,didn't know that.
The industry ,especially since the pandemic has gone more and more twds remakes ,doesn't matter if it's movies/series or games.

I don't know how many versions of GTA 5 there is ,but it feels Vs other remakes/remasters to be fairly low?
The Xbox 360/PS3 version and the Xbox one/PS4 (and pc) version.

I think Rockstar makes crazy money (still) on GTA with the online version ,and getting it to a new gen is just common business sense ,and being a business that's how you need to do it.
Still think EA pack opening every year is more greedy and cynical.

I think Rockstar makes crazy money (still) on GTA with the online version ,and getting it to a new gen is just common business sense ,and being a business that's how you need to do it.
Still think EA pack opening every year is more greedy and cynical.
It is true but the sad thing is, Online gaming and the discovery of monetising and predatorising said online gaming has sadly destroyed the creative ambition and artistic integrity of the medium.

It used to be that developers wanted to constantly innovate, not rest on their laurels and create new projects. Top their last work and compete with what other studios were releasing. Publishers and consumers all thrived and benefitted from this. Now it's like having ambition isn't rewarded but simply coming up with a formula to make money hand over fist with the minimum amount of effort is.

There's lots of artists and developers who are disillusioned with the industry as they all grew up wanting to leave legacy's like those they played in the 90's and early 00's only to end up in studios that wanna make slot machine software.

It is true but the sad thing is, Online gaming and the discovery of monetising and predatorising said online gaming has sadly destroyed the creative ambition and artistic integrity of the medium.

It used to be that developers wanted to constantly innovate, not rest on their laurels and create new projects. Top their last work and compete with what other studios were releasing. Publishers and consumers all thrived and benefitted from this. Now it's like having ambition isn't rewarded but simply coming up with a formula to make money hand over fist with the minimum amount of effort is.

There's lots of artists and developers who are disillusioned with the industry as they all grew up wanting to leave legacy's like those they played in the 90's and early 00's only to end up in studios that wanna make slot machine software.
So true mate ,rinse and repeat ,make money ,make it shiny and people will buy , regardless if it's completely empty or the same game as last year.
I thankfully lean towards indie games more and more ,where there's still a passion and ambition to drive things forward.

Def legit. Might as well open a new thread. Gameplay and NPC comments looks spot on for rockstar
I wasn't really excited for this but seeing vice city and reconstruction of Miami places has me very intrigued. Screenshots of bayfront park and biscayne blvd in downtown look pretty awesome

I dont know if i sound arrogant, but are we going to see a new city/map in the future???

By now , after GTA SA, we have seen a revamped version of Liberty City in IV, a revamped of Los Santos, and now a revamped Vice City.

As much as i love those 3 old games and maps, i hope in the next generation of consoles, or in the future until we die, that we will see again a brand new City/Region/Map.

Basically i loved the GTA SA concept, with 3 big cities and some rural areas around. A man can dream....

Last edited:
I would, at my age, visit real Florida, even move there than just sit home and play a game and wonder how it is like in reality. I have heard lots of things but i just want to move to somewhere nice and sunny.

Back
Top Bottom