[General Discussion] What have you been playing this week?

Rented daemon soul and gave it a short go last nite. It seems an awsome game really. I might actually waste a tenner on a second hand copy. I could it other people...i thought the server were down? are they still working?

Update:
As much as i enjoyed demon soul, it has that "what the hell is gonna happen next feeling" however the lack of a checkpoint system is really painful. I don't quite see how going through the same areas you have already cleared a zillion time is going to make the game any better or any harder. It does remind me of the games i used to play back in the 80es (wasting a fortune in coins) but i have no time nor patience to go back thirty years in gaming history. So i guess i won't buy it.

yeh same thoughts, anyone know if there is a quicksave fix u can do on pc?

I've lost the love for NBA 2K13, I hate how you need to be connected online to get/unlock most of the things in My Player. Its a great game other then that.

Because I dont currently have the internet (moving places) I've been playing:

Fifa 13
EA MMA
Rugby League Live 2
Skate 3
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City

I have been playing The Witcher 2, but I may stop. It's had great reviews but so far it just feels like a more restricted version of Skyrim with much more hardcore RPG elements. But maybe I'm just shit at it, I dunno, but the game is one tough bastard. So much so I'm on the verge of giving up. I've never seen a game this hard.

Completed Call of Juarez: The Cartel.

It was okay.

Started on Alan Wake now, it's nothing special, kinda just went a bit weird straight away.

FD

I have been playing The Witcher 2, but I may stop. It's had great reviews but so far it just feels like a more restricted version of Skyrim with much more hardcore RPG elements. But maybe I'm just shit at it, I dunno, but the game is one tough bastard. So much so I'm on the verge of giving up. I've never seen a game this hard.

It's borderline superb, but like you I feel the movement just a pain in the arse after a while and the fact that it isn't true free world, means sometimes I would spend an hour just truing to find a route to my next objective. Frustrating.

It's borderline superb, but like you I feel the movement just a pain in the arse after a while and the fact that it isn't true free world, means sometimes I would spend an hour just truing to find a route to my next objective. Frustrating.

It can be crazily frustrating at times, I dropped it down to normal difficulty and it ended up manageable. Yeah some of the side quests for example were far too obscure though, I ended up having to Google something rather than spend hours traipsing around trying to find an objective because there was no marker for it.

I loved the adult nature of the plot though, and the choices you make have more of an impact than in any other game I've played.

I've just completed it BTW. Leads into the third game on next-gen very nicely. Now this has been finished, I have also finished Gears of War 3. Not sure what else to play now, Aliens is out next week but I also wanna get Sleeping Dogs and Dishonoured.

Last edited:
Just completed Alan Wake - it was okay, but nowt special.

Want to get Aliens, always fancied this since the years that it's been rumoured and stuff, now it's here.

Will probably try out Hitman though.

FD

Yeah Jay, I'll give it a go, got a few games still to play, so no big rush.

Currently playing Hitman, think I'm quite near the end.

It's been good, although not as good as I thought it may have been.

FD

Intermittently playing Arkham City again on pc. This this will be the forth time I've clocked it now, which is both a testament to how good it is and also how poor I've found almost everything else. Far Cry 3 was pretty good, and I'm looking forward to Tomb Raider.

PC - Assasin's Creed III, DayZ, PES 2013, Hitman Absolution, Sleeping Dogs (DLC)

Xbox 360 - Fifa 13, NBA 2k13, Max Payne 3, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels Plus, Crysis 3.

PS3:
Lots of BAL in PES 2013

Sleeping Dogs (Psn Plus subscription) A lot of fun but I suck at the fighting.

Tried DOA 5 (PSN plus as well) but was bored to death after 10 minutes of the story, turned it of and will likely never turn it on again. Graphics look MENTAL on an SD tv though, look almost HD.

PSP:
Resident Evil 2. Finished it about 15 years ago on PC. Still deciding if I should play it normally (In which case I will likely never finish it) or just play on arrange mode, which will remove all challenge but make it likely that I will make it to the end.

i am also still playing sleeping dogs. tons of stuff to do with secondary missions. game of the year for me, no doubt about it.

i am thinking about buying the cave, is it worth?

PC:

Trackmania² Stadium
Virtual Pool 4
Uplink
Hotline Miami
Streets of Rage Remake

360 - Resident Evil 6, Call of Duty Blacks Ops 2 - MP, Left 4 Dead 2.

PS3 - Tomb Raider 2013 (finished it).

PC - Tomb Raider 2013, Tomb Raider Underworld, Aliens Colonial Marines.

Brought some bargains from the XBL gold member games on demand discount this week, Resident Evil £8.99, Left 4 Dead 2 £4.49, Max Payne 3, £4.49.

Just getting into tomb raider 2013, never played any of the tomb raider games before, because found the whole, platform & puzzle solving annoying. The new tomb raider, is good if you hate puzzle solving, it plays like batman Arkham asylum so if you can play that , you can play this.

Also steam are selling football manger 2013 on a weekend special £14.99.

Back
Top Bottom