[General Discussion] Evo Radar - New games, trailers & rumours

That new Robocop game looks kind of good?

https://www.youtube.com/live/pTem_1v7-dM?si=ah-2vVZ0yegv8y9E

There are tons of videos of the PC demo but this one shows the "grabbing guys and throwing them through windows" stuff pretty well. This could turn up to be a nice "B-game" like the old PS2/360 era.

Don't be fooled by the videos.
I absolutely wanted to love it, but it really is as shite as FPS get.

Yes, you blow heads off but the AI and gameplay is just so meh.

I really wanted this game to be good and would of bought and completed it when a bit cheaper, but after the demo I wouldn't buy this for a dollar.

Oh I'm going to get that Robocop game one day, when it's cheap. Doesn't need to go below a dollar either.

MK One is discounted on PSN now for the Black Friday (30%). I imagine there are or will be similar deals for it on other platforms.

I would recommend two horror/thrillers.

1. Available on itch.io and made by a fellow hungarian❤️ now on sale for 6,5 usd.

2. This could be considered as a walking simulator/tech demo but has great narrative, voice acting and story. Its on sale for 17 usd now on Steam.

Last edited:
Fort Solis looks great.
I don't understand term "walking simulator". What is a walking simulator?? The games often refered to as "walking simulators" are either adventure games, or thrillers, or puzzle games.
I really don't like this term. It takes away from what the game is trying to tell. Any game that requires a bit of traversing is called walking simulator these days.
Coz impatient twats want to teleport everywhere.
The only walking simulator I know is Walk Master, which I have on my mobile. And it's an awesome game btw.

Fort Solis looks great.
I don't understand term "walking simulator". What is a walking simulator?? The games often refered to as "walking simulators" are either adventure games, or thrillers, or puzzle games.
I really don't like this term. It takes away from what the game is trying to tell. Any game that requires a bit of traversing is called walking simulator these days.
Coz impatient twats want to teleport everywhere.
The only walking simulator I know is Walk Master, which I have on my mobile. And it's an awesome game btw.
More disheartening is slapping the term walking simulator on everything takes away from real walking simulators like Walk Master. :((

Here is a heavily story driven, light rpg, on couch coop. Its out a for a while now.

Haven is a third-person role-playing game with survival game elements. The game is about two lovers, Yu and Kay, who escape to an uninhabited lost planet called Source. The player can control either character, or play in co-op multiplayer with another person, as they search for materials and resources for the Nest, their spaceship. The two protagonists are equipped with a pair of anti-gravity boots, which are used to navigate the world and glide on "flow threads". Occasionally, players will face hostile rusted creatures. The game features real time combat, which requires the players to coordinate and utilize the skills of both Yu and Kay. At the Nest, players can craft new items, rest and heal, and cook food using the resources and ingredients collected in the world.

Did one of us tried the Tomb Raider I - III remastered games yet? If yes on which platform? And do you know if the cheats still work?

Edit: I'm not sure if I get it. And if yes, for xsx or PC.

Did one of us tried the Tomb Raider I - III remastered games yet? If yes on which platform? And do you know if the cheats still work?

Edit: I'm not sure if I get it. And if yes, for xsx or PC.
I grabbed it on PC. Not sure about the cheats. But the controls old and new style, will take some getting used to.

When Lara is backed against a wall. the right stick camera gets a bit stuck. For me it looks how we would remember it, through rose coloured specs.

They have done a pretty decent job. i just wish the controls were a little more solid.

I grabbed it on PC. Not sure about the cheats. But the controls old and new style, will take some getting used to.

When Lara is backed against a wall. the right stick camera gets a bit stuck. For me it looks how we would remember it, through rose coloured specs.

They have done a pretty decent job. i just wish the controls were a little more solid.
Hi Buzzy, thanks for reply mate!
Yea, the new controls seems a bit difficult I heard in a german review video. And the old original controls should be better they sayed.

I remember TR II was one of my first games ever owned by my first own money for the first Playstation.
ps1-konsole-original-controller-zubehoer.jpg

A friend had it for PC. And we was playing it as "Coop". One of us controls the action buttons and the other controls the cursor buttons from the keybord. :D

On evening this day I searched on instant gaming for a key. Because I have on this key shop a credit. For PC it was something around 20.00€ but could not find one for the XSX.

But I have time, so I'm not in a rush to buy it and will think about it further and read/watch the reviews.

Found this help or fix for the camera. I haven't tried yet but will.

Hi Buzzy, thanks for reply mate!
Yea, the new controls seems a bit difficult I heard in a german review video. And the old original controls should be better they sayed.

I remember TR II was one of my first games ever owned by my first own money for the first Playstation.
ps1-konsole-original-controller-zubehoer.jpg

A friend had it for PC. And we was playing it as "Coop". One of us controls the action buttons and the other controls the cursor buttons from the keybord. :D

On evening this day I searched on instant gaming for a key. Because I have on this key shop a credit. For PC it was something around 20.00€ but could not find one for the XSX.

But I have time, so I'm not in a rush to buy it and will think about it further and read/watch the reviews.
... those cheat codes are working Iike in the old days, but of course "tank" controls are needed to trigger them.

As to describe this TR Remastered Trilogy: so awesome, graphically and mechanically wise, where you can change just with one press of the button between the classic and remastered version, the difference is just astonishingly incredible. Everything works great, plus all the package from the old games is there including secrets, expansions, achievements, and more... This can be called a real Remaster!!!!

really looking forward to this. Its been 11 years.
weary its the madden engine, but positive bc its not made by the madden team as to differentiate. Cant wait.

... those cheat codes are working Iike in the old days, but of course "tank" controls are needed to trigger them.

As to describe this TR Remastered Trilogy: so awesome, graphically and mechanically wise, where you can change just with one press of the button between the classic and remastered version, the difference is just astonishingly incredible. Everything works great, plus all the package from the old games is there including secrets, expansions, achievements, and more... This can be called a real Remaster!!!!
This sounds good to hear. Thank you mate for reply!

Anyone played this in Early Access? Releases 1.0 tomorrow and I've always been intrigued by it. Looks pretty good and seems to have more content than D4 and has good reception

Edit: Mods, maybe I should've put this in the new games/rumors pinned thread better.... Sorry, can you move if you agree?

Emroth: done, pal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal tarnished... a new journey awaits thee, at least... another maidenless 500 hours of your life time will be lost in thy shadows... because this is our fate: embraceth by grace, searching for the golden order on the 21th of June my... Elden.. Lord...

Don't know if I should post this here or not, but I'll do it anyway, if not ok ,then remove guys.
In Swedish, can be translated, but the key words are in English

It's how Warner/Sony/Xbox looks at games and gaming nowadays, more live service since it's cheaper to produce and gets more revenue than single player games therefore focus will be on that in the future.
Anyone recognise this from the PES/FIFA world?

https://www.gamereactor.se/blog/jonas/1237043/Warners+spelchef+tycks+ha+otur+nar+han+tanker/

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think there will always be a market for Single-Player games..

Could be just my retro-gaming cap on, but I think there's nothing like playing a deep engaging game on your own.. With all its intricacies, whether it's an immersive Master League, Career Mode, Prince of Persia, or Age of Empires. Hopefully game developers will retain this complexity. Not all of us want immediate, pay to win thrills. I think both styles of gaming can coexist in the future and that there will be a demand for both.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think there will always be a market for Single-Player games..

Could be just my retro-gaming cap on, but I think there's nothing like playing a deep engaging game on your own.. With all its intricacies, whether it's an immersive Master League, Career Mode, Prince of Persia, or Age of Empires. Hopefully game developers will retain this complexity. Not all of us want immediate, pay to win thrills. I think both styles of gaming can coexist in the future and that there will be a demand for both.
Think that will be more of a indie thing or massive AAA games with a lot of online in it to cover the cost of development.
But yes, obviously we all want immersive games that lets us get all caught up in a great gaming world.
Just don't think big business thinks the same way though

It's actually sad to see that future gamers might not know the quality and immersion or story games.
On the other hand - game engines and tools to build games are getting more and more accessible and simple, so there is a chance that indie developers and smaller studios will be delivering better games than AAA studios.
It's already been happening for a while tho.
Big studios are nothing but disappointments lately, so will much really change..?

It's actually sad to see that future gamers might not know the quality and immersion or story games.
On the other hand - game engines and tools to build games are getting more and more accessible and simple, so there is a chance that indie developers and smaller studios will be delivering better games than AAA studios.
It's already been happening for a while tho.
Big studios are nothing but disappointments lately, so will much really change..?
It would be sad for future gamers, like you say. I suppose games like Assassins creed must have a multi million budget.
Whenever i watch the credits at the end of these AAA games. My mind boggles at the amount of people involved.
Still they can always go retro, like some of us do, from time to time. At least their idea of retro, shouldn't be has jarring to them. :D

Right now as I see it, in those "modern" times are some straight opposed poles fighting for a slice in the gaming industry:

The classic development formula: Capcom, Namco Bandai, FromSoftware, ID Software, Valve, Larian Studios, CD Projekt Red, Remedy, Paradox (supported by 1000 dlcs), Devolver Digital, Santa Monica, Ninja Theory etc, etc... and on the last place also Bethesda (even if their games are full of bugs and have 16 times the detail :LOL:, still love the modesty of Todd and his team), plus almost everything else of AA and indie studios..

The dark greedy live service Hell where the shit turns green: EA, Ubisoft, Activision/Blizzard, Rockstar, WB, Take2, Epic, and mostly everything similar as those...

Conclusion: I think that is a lot on both sides, but the shitty side of gaming is growing more popular and demanded by the Gen Z (thank god I'm not one of those), coz' in their mind everything should be online, fast & easy, cinematics are boring, and stories are a waste of time. Spending some quids on Mobile or FIFA it's like a common daily task.

I'm not very optimistic also. I'm always trying to do my part by supporting good/innovative/genuine devs but I have almost given up on "AAA" gaming. I'm also in the minority that found RDR2 very empty despite the undeniable good gameplay.
On the other hand there are a lot games lately which are actually very good. Latest one is Unicorn Overlord but I understand this kind of games are not for everyone and I'd be very surprised if someone under 30s will spend money and time to play a quite complex game like this. It's also bizzare Vanillaware missing the opportunity to sell hundreds of thousands of copies on PC. Some very weird business decisions here.

AAA gaming isn't dead, but some of it's appendages are dying off. Studios like EA and Ubisoft have completely lost the plot and I don't see them ever returning to their glory days.

For example, The Division 3 is currently under development, but I am highly skeptical of what it will look like under this current iteration of Ubisoft once it's released. I like the division series, especially the first one that came out in 2016. That game was fantastic, and still is to this day, but when you read the changes that are happening with Ubisoft (And I'm not talking about the fuck boy environment they've cultivated), it doesn't bode well for us single player enthusiasts.

I was planning to buy day 1 Dragon's Dogma 2 but I'm having second thoughts now after the poor performance/optimization reports and I have a bad feeling my 3060ti and Ryzen 7 5800 won't be able to handle the game especially if the devs admit it's heavy on the cpu side. If anyone here has a similar system please give your feedback as I don't trust too much the Steam forums nowadays.

Release at 26th of April for PC steam, GOG and gamepass.

You can call me a fanboy of that game! But I hope for a bug-less release.

Release at 26th of April for PC steam, GOG and gamepass.

You can call me a fanboy of that game! But I hope for a bug-less release.

Looks good, Ive had it in my wishlist for a while now. Hope it comes thru with good gameplay. Lately im in the mood for some strategy

Edit. Just to add i just saw this is coming day 1 on gamepass. So there's that. Good to try out

Last edited:
Not really upcoming game, but in May there will be a big clear out of games on PS Plus.

If you haven't already - play "Observation".
It's a short sci/fi thriller, where you play as an AI on space station which went tits up. Very atmospheric and interesting game.

Not worth buying, zero replayability, but defo worth playing as part of subscription.

Back
Top Bottom