[General Discussion] Evo Radar - New games, trailers & rumours

Emroth

*Help available in future updates
Staff
18 August 2018
Ireland
_98123625_hi041060779.jpg

Dont think there's a thread like this in here.

Sometimes you stumble upon a game trailer/announcement and then it gets lost in time, especially looking at how long does it take now to develop a game.

This thread purpose is to serve as a handy to have HUB, where Evo members could share and learn about some upcoming games that they could otherwise miss.

• Staff
Im gonna kick it off with two games.

First one - I have been waiting for it sonce it was announced and it just looks amazing.
Its a cross between Witcher/Red Dead 2/Assassins Creed/Ghost of Tsushima and Mission Impossible.

Crimson Desert

Second I just learned about today.
Its an upcoming MMO to be released on both PC and Consoles, developed using Unreal Engine 5.

Chrono Odyssey

Keep an eye on Jusant which had a demo a few weeks ago and got a release date (October 31st) just yesterday. Pretty hyped for it, I adored said demo for its peaceful and tranquil nature of traversal and exploration while looking absolutely spectacular due to Unreal Engine 5's Lumen lighting.

• Staff
Keep an eye on Jusant which had a demo a few weeks ago and got a release date (October 31st) just yesterday. Pretty hyped for it, I adored said demo for its peaceful and tranquil nature of traversal and exploration while looking absolutely spectacular due to Unreal Engine 5's Lumen lighting.

what is this?? like - whats the story in it??

Im gonna kick it off with two games.

First one - I have been waiting for it sonce it was announced and it just looks amazing.
Its a cross between Witcher/Red Dead 2/Assassins Creed/Ghost of Tsushima and Mission Impossible.

Crimson Desert

Second I just learned about today.
Its an upcoming MMO to be released on both PC and Consoles, developed using Unreal Engine 5.

Chrono Odyssey
Im not a fantasy fan,but this Crimson Desert looks really cool.

Other than Baldur's Gate 3 (thank God it's now officially coming to Xbox), I'm really unashamedly looking forward to Party Animals (launch date September 20th)...

Reactions: Tom
Got a very big fat one:

eFootball 2025 :BLUSH: (no demo-like footage yet)

Will revolutionize everything !!!

What? What's so funny about? It's a legit leaked source, fresh from eFootball thread :WHISTLE:

"Trust me bro !!! :TU:"

I will wait for a sale after release. Because I have MK11 and I don't know if there are gamechanging or something like that differences between both.

I thought Mortal Kombat 1 looked really interesting at first but with every new gameplay video I get less enthusiastic. Liu Kang and Raiden have switched roles and Sub Zero and Scorpion are bros now, but pretty much everything else seems the same? I feel like they could have put some wilder changes in there. But let's see.

I will wait for a sale after release. Because I have MK11 and I don't know if there are gamechanging or something like that differences between both.
I thought Mortal Kombat 1 looked really interesting at first but with every new gameplay video I get less enthusiastic. Liu Kang and Raiden have switched roles and Sub Zero and Scorpion are bros now, but pretty much everything else seems the same? I feel like they could have put some wilder changes in there. But let's see.

During the 1992/93 period DOOM & MK were my first games that I was ever playing on PC and I was astonished by both. After 30 years those are still one of the best franchises in their genre on the market releasing games like Doom Eternal or Mortal Kombat 11 (and those are still one of my favorites right now). Mortal Kombat 1 will be mostly the same in game mechanics as MK11 with some tweaks regarding combos, cameo assists and single player modes...

Story wise, (without spoiling anything) if anybody finished MK11 main story & the aftermath story expansion could notice why are all those changes in characters now like Raiden, Lin Kuei ninjas and so on (It's an entire cool global plot behind it). I love fighting games mostly coz' I also love to practice martial arts after job, and between Street Fighter, Tekken, and Mortal Kombat/Injustice, those combat artforms made by NetherRealm Studio are what I enjoy the most in fighting games (coz' those have a great story developed behind them, and also coz' can offer a more serious and nostalgic vibe to me knowing my own gaming profile).

Screenshot 2023-08-30 194431.png

Already have 438h in MK11 on Steam so I also pre-ordered the entire package of MK1 coz' was on my radar for so long. Watching those story bits and raw gameplay footage from trailers, I really feel at home and very pleased to see them combining again parts that made MK great in the past and new fresh content:

MORTAL KOMBAT !!!

Last edited:
During the 1992/93 period DOOM & MK were my first games that I was ever playing on PC and I was astonished by both. After 30 years those are still one of the best franchises in their genre on the market releasing games like Doom Eternal or Mortal Kombat 11 (and those are still one of my favorites right now). Mortal Kombat 1 will be mostly the same in game mechanics as MK11 with some tweaks regarding combos, cameo assists and single player modes...

Story wise, (without spoiling anything) if anybody finished MK11 main story & the aftermath story expansion could notice why are all those changes in characters now like Raiden, Lin Kuei ninjas and so on (It's an entire cool global plot behind it). I love fighting games mostly coz' I also love to practice martial arts after job, and between Street Fighter, Tekken, and Mortal Kombat/Injustice, those combat artforms made by NetherRealm Studio are what I enjoy the most in fighting games (coz' those have a great story developed behind them and also coz' and also coz' offers a more serious and nostalgic vibe to me knowing my own past gaming profile).

View attachment 232007

Already have 438h in MK11 on Steam so I also pre-ordered the entire package of MK1 coz' was on my radar for so long. Watching those story bits and raw gameplay footage from trailers, I really feel at home and very pleased to see them combining again parts that made MK great in the past and new fresh content:

MORTAL KOMBAT !!!
Yea, please don't missunderstood me. MK 11 is great and makes really fun.

But for my taste it is a bit heavy for such a small changes from MK11 to MK1 for a price on the series x console for 80€.

Because of this I will watching YT videos and wait for a sale. for around 20€ - 30€ or so.

I like the look of this.

This is new game from the creators of "Heavy Rain", "Beyond:Two Souls" and "Detroit Become Human"!!! I only realised it now!

It's already out!

I'm getting it the minute I finish Heavy Rain and Beyond. Only started with these narrative/choice driven games and this one just went on top of my "To-do" list.

This is new game from the creators of "Heavy Rain", "Beyond:Two Souls" and "Detroit Become Human"!!! I only realised it now!

It's already out!

I'm getting it the minute I finish Heavy Rain and Beyond. Only started with these narrative/choice driven games and this one just went on top of my "To-do" list.
Haha I think it was out the day we originally posted about it? Anyway I finished it but wish I'd explored a lot more as I completed it pretty quickly really without seeing half the stuff I should have.

Back
Top Bottom