Football Manager 2017 [PC/TAB/MOB]

Ok, so just going by what you said, perhaps you need to tick work ball into the box? slightly deeper line.

Then go into player roles set all of them too defensive cbs one normally the middle one set to cover. This is just me assuming your set up based on what you have said pal. :)

For instance on my first save i was using Liverpool granted they are a top team but still have weaknesses and going by the LFC thread on Sigames not everyone does well, i built a tactic on what i think they play like in real life and i will show you it now in text form

------------GK-------------
RB(wb s) CB (d) CB (c) LB (cbw a)
---------CM (b2b) CM (d)---------
AMR (IF s) AM (ss) AML (ap a)---
------------ST (Treq)--------------

Notice how my left side is pretty attacking? the CM will sit in to cover the LB, the AP will predominently play inside. This was based on how Liverpool player with Moreno at LB.

Will do when I get in from work, thank you!

I actually managed a win last night - weird timing of your post actually, I've not played it since I last posted, but last night had another go after reading an article about how to put together a tactic based on your squad's overall attributes.

Switched to 3-4-3 with no closing down after discovering that, compared to the rest of the league, our strength, teamwork and work-rate are pretty low, but with fast passing (generally decent passers with good decision-making and pace).

Ended up winning 3-1, although... 24 shots (nearly all of them from outside the box, which annoys me), 9 shots on target, and all of the goals were complete luck, which really angers me.

The first was a deflected free kick, the second was a shot from 40 yards out (no build-up play involved), and the third was a tap-in after the keeper pushed it out to the striker.

Whereas their goal is the same goal the opposition always score - defence was too high up, so they did a long ball to a winger, who was halfway in my half, who ran for a second and did a long ball to a striker who was unmarked on the opposite side of the pitch, who hit the shot into a goal that was practically open (the keeper was practically on the sideline).

The ratings are always 6.8-7.0 too, the lack of effort is really frustrating.

Anyway, 3-1 victory, about fucking time!

Do you mind sharing the article? I just bought the game, started with Milan.

I'm creating chances, but nothing is being put away. Granted, my best striker went down injured (Bacca) and Lapadula is getting in the squad. We got destroyed in the derby, same number of shots and shots on goals vs inter, but they have Icardi.

Figure I'd share a bit of my first season leading Milan. First time playing FM since October with fm 16.
Figured Milan, normally I take a team in the second tier, but wanted to see how quickly I could win a Serie A title and dethrone Juve.

I started with the winter transfers db, but with the first transfer window option closed. So as to not change the squads too much. Bacca got injured in the pre-season, out for 6 months and the expectations were to qualify to the CL. So I essentially had 1 striker for the first half of the season. It showed, we struggled to score, and I struggled to find the right formation, switching between a Barca-like 4-3-3 and the 4-2-3-1. The pressure was getting to me, at one point in December I had only won 1 out of 9 games with 4 losses in there. It all turned after a good team meeting though. A draw away to Sampdoria, a side that was fighting for a CL spot, in which we dominated but were unlucky not to win it showed the way tactically. Suso out wide and stick out wide with the inside forward designation and Romagnoli designated as a ball playing defender were crucial decisions. Also, young Locatellit taking Montolivo's place was a great change through out the season.

December came, and we lost the super cup final vs Juve in penalties though. And then we tied with them in Turin right after. That was my first transfer's first game. Angel Correa really helped turn around the season. 9 goals and 7 assists in 17 games in the second half of the season. Things turned, and we got back into the fight for a CL spot. We had the big set back in the local derby vs Inter, and things started to look like we would have to settle for Europa League. But Napoli started dropping a lot of points, and we had to visit them. We smashed them 0-3. The last CL spot was within our grasp, but Sampdoria would not budge. We drew a couple of games we should have won at home towards the end, and it all came down to the last matchday vs the champions, Juve. The last CL spot up for grabs, and half an eye on the Sampdoria match, all we had to do was match Sampdoria's result as we had the better head to head record. But Juve were too much, Pjanic ripped us apart. It turned out, lowly Palermo was too much for Sampdoria as well, and they also lost! So we made it to the CL! Transfer Budget for next season is 35 million euros, so will focus on young players for the future, can't afford world class players on that budget. Hopefully I can challenge Juve next season, but I'll settle for another CL spot and financial stability to keep on signing promising talent.

Final Squad:

8GyN4mI.png

Transfer overview:
5L17Xx4.png

Tactical overview:
DXUshr3.png

Final Standings:
QjO4m0F.png

Figure I'd share a bit of my first season leading Milan. First time playing FM since October with fm 16.
Figured Milan, normally I take a team in the second tier, but wanted to see how quickly I could win a Serie A title and dethrone Juve.

I started with the winter transfers db, but with the first transfer window option closed. So as to not change the squads too much. Bacca got injured in the pre-season, out for 6 months and the expectations were to qualify to the CL. So I essentially had 1 striker for the first half of the season. It showed, we struggled to score, and I struggled to find the right formation, switching between a Barca-like 4-3-3 and the 4-2-3-1. The pressure was getting to me, at one point in December I had only won 1 out of 9 games with 4 losses in there. It all turned after a good team meeting though. A draw away to Sampdoria, a side that was fighting for a CL spot, in which we dominated but were unlucky not to win it showed the way tactically. Suso out wide and stick out wide with the inside forward designation and Romagnoli designated as a ball playing defender were crucial decisions. Also, young Locatellit taking Montolivo's place was a great change through out the season.

December came, and we lost the super cup final vs Juve in penalties though. And then we tied with them in Turin right after. That was my first transfer's first game. Angel Correa really helped turn around the season. 9 goals and 7 assists in 17 games in the second half of the season. Things turned, and we got back into the fight for a CL spot. We had the big set back in the local derby vs Inter, and things started to look like we would have to settle for Europa League. But Napoli started dropping a lot of points, and we had to visit them. We smashed them 0-3. The last CL spot was within our grasp, but Sampdoria would not budge. We drew a couple of games we should have won at home towards the end, and it all came down to the last matchday vs the champions, Juve. The last CL spot up for grabs, and half an eye on the Sampdoria match, all we had to do was match Sampdoria's result as we had the better head to head record. But Juve were too much, Pjanic ripped us apart. It turned out, lowly Palermo was too much for Sampdoria as well, and they also lost! So we made it to the CL! Transfer Budget for next season is 35 million euros, so will focus on young players for the future, can't afford world class players on that budget. Hopefully I can challenge Juve next season, but I'll settle for another CL spot and financial stability to keep on signing promising talent.

I would consider selling Mati Fernandez, putting Suso in CAM and buying Oliver Burke for Redbull Lepzig, you could probably get him for around 18 million. He was immense for me and i made a 30 million profit on him.

I would consider selling Mati Fernandez, putting Suso in CAM and buying Oliver Burke for Redbull Lepzig, you could probably get him for around 18 million. He was immense for me and i made a 30 million profit on him.

Too late, but will look into Burke. I ended up investing towards the future. Milan had some good players on loan too. I got Malcom from Bordeaux and got Yaya Toure on a free. I then invested for the long term on my good young players. Romagnoli, Locatelli and Donarumma were all begging for contracts.

I'm 5 ot 6 games in to the Serie A season, beat Juve at home in a 3-2 thriller! and in the same week beat Manchester United in the CL group stage ( I beat Zenith St. Petersburg in the playoff to get in) at home as well. United are the reigning PL champions. I won in greece vs Olympiakos as well. PSG is the other team in the group. But now I'm essentially two wins away from qualifying, one of those possibly coming from hosting Olympiakos and then hopefully winning one of the two games vs PSG, and I'll be through to the knockout stage. I did lose the derby to Inter. But the schedule should be easier as I've played Inter, Roma and Juve already.

I just have to say, Locatelli is God. Romagnoli is upset with me because after I renewed his contract, Real Madrid came knocking, and he wanted to go there, but I put a 45 million euro price tag on him, and they didn't meet it. So he can be upset all he wants as long as he performs, which he is.

Locatelli and Romagnoli are both immense, if you dont mind two left footed players at CB i suggest Goldaniga as he is the perfect cb for me.

Definitely look into Burke young and talented!! Keep up the good job!

Cheers @bsmaff, don't know about anyone else but I'm still playing!

I discovered that the camera I was using totally prevented me from being able to see the bigger picture and spot tactical issues (I was using the vertical pitch camera, which only shows half of the pitch at a time, and I thought that would be enough - but using one of the sideline cameras, I'm identifying issues much more quickly).

I'm also using the data analyst reports now, and even though I think they could be a lot clearer, things like "attacks down middle" helps you prepare against the bigger teams, I think (last night I managed a 2-1 victory over the league leaders, I'm a point away from a play-off place with ten games to go).

My strikers are terrible, though - I'm regularly getting 20 shots a game, with half on target, and the goals are coming from long shots from the midfielders.

The strikers are being played the ball in good positions, in and around the box, but they proceed to miss the target, hit the post (twice in the last game) and (most frustratingly) hit the ball straight at the keeper.

I'm playing two strikers - one as a support target man (or false 9), one as an attacking forward (who is always running offside, but play him deeper and there's no penetration).

Any advice?!

I still play FM, not as much now as I normally do now as recently started a new job and no longer play on lunch breaks.

I quit playing my Exeter game and started a game with Man Utd, but comfortably won the Premier League in the 1st season and well out in front in the 2nd season.

Keep thinking about starting a new game with a team in Serie B or something like that, as got very bored of being Man Utd.

I must say that I noticed midfielders score a lot of long ranged efforts on the game. Strikers do score but not the massive amount they used to score in FM 2016.

Does anyone find that after the recent patch, that the game became more easier(as there are less random bugs in the match engine)? If I get the tactics right, I can actually win now.

Does anyone find that after the recent patch, that the game became more easier(as there are less random bugs in the match engine)? If I get the tactics right, I can actually win now.
Hahaha, I've started winning games and thought it was down to getting better at the game and changing my camera angles, and then you come in and shatter my confidence. :LOL:

Considering I've only just started winning games, I think you're probably right!

OCTOBER FOOTBALL MANAGER UPDATE:-

This months update includes latest kits and August transfer window update.

Data Update - Last Updated - 29th Sep 2017 - 11:03am

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/DataUpdate.zip

Real Names and German National Team Fix

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/NameFix.rar

KITS 17/18 - last updated 29/09/17:-

kits2018.png

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Kits270917.rar

Cut-out FACES v9.11:-

faces.png

Full Download:-

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Faces_v11.rar

Update from 9.10:-

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Faces_v11_Update.rar

DF FACES v8:-

facesdf.png

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/DFFaces_v8.rar

Update from v7:-

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/DFFaces_v8_Update.rar

LOGOS:-

Metallic v11:

metallic.png

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Logos_v11.rar

Update from v10:-

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Logos_v11_Update.rar

TCM v3:

TCM.png

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/TCMLogos_v3.rar

Smooth:

smooth.png

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Smooth17Logos.zip

BACKGROUND IMAGES:-

backgrounds.png

http://tvirusgaming.co.uk/downloads/Backgrounds.rar

Please note:-

I will do one last update for FM 2017 at the end of October.

FM 2018 is then released early November, so on the day of release I will put up the graphics available and the most important item - The real name and Germany team fix.

I am sorry but for FM 2018, I will also only list the downloads for KITS, Cut-Out faces and the Metallic Logos.
These are the faces and logos which I prefer, so the ones I will be listing to download - They are also the ones which get updated the most regularly.

The kits will contain by launch hopefully all major leagues, nations and the 3D kits for the in-game engine.

Back
Top Bottom