FMT | Frostbite Modding Tool | Open Source

Another Update.

23.22.4 has been released.

- Fixing old game support
- Allowing mod creators to port mods to other games. I've tested my gameplay mod from FIFA 23 to FIFA 22. Only needed to remove the Splashscreen and the mod worked flawlessly!
- Added Support for importing Json EBX on to another simular EBX. For example, from one shooting asset, to another shooting asset, so you dont have to copy and paste values manually.

Changes:
  • 14e9b0f [FIX] AssetCompiler incorectly reporting files being unaffected
  • 84c6965 [FIFA 22] Enable mod launching support
  • ec5af7e [FIX] Revert assets that link but do not have "LinkedAssets" defined
  • 399e4e9 [FIX] CacheManager control not showing on Editors when needed
  • 851a7f7 [FIX] FMTProj could not load chunk when on a different game
  • 6989bf9 [FIX] Unable to load Game when profile doesn't have tools
  • 18a2908 FIX: Importing a EBX Json on to a simular EBX type causing crash

Link:
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-77
Reading "Fixing old game support " in the changeloc is awesome! Many thanks.

Looking for a little troubleshooting help.

Title update 11 (This is on D: drive of computer)
FMT 23.22.4 (from today or yesterday) (this is on C: drive of computer)
EA App launcher

When I use FMT to launch the game using paul's career mod and gameplay mod: I get to the splash screen, then the game bonks out to the EA app again.

repairs I have tried:
deleted moddata folder and relaunched game
clicked force reinstall mods
clicked "repair game", waited for repair, then re-launched the FMT
deleted "-dataPath ModData", saved, retyped the datapath instruction...

I am sure there's a user error on my part somewhere here. I usually load the cache and FMT with the game off-- do we still need to load that material while the game is on main menu?
Anyone with steps I can take would be much appreciated. thx
Just remove the FMT folder and unzip and launch it again.

Hi guys, gotta ask, mainly curiosity, there's any way to export the commentary audio from the game? i've been search over the network on how to do it but couldnt find anything

edit: or if there's any documentation whatever on what i can help i wont mind

Aight, so, essentially, I can't put decimals any longer with FMT. Used to be able to do so with comma, rather the program would signal it with a point, but if I was to put a point there, it would negate the decimals, and a 0.15 would become 15. So I had to signal like 0,15, and FMT would save 0.15 instead.

Ok, so while that's wierd, it works. However, I just move to the Netherlands to start working here, and instead of having 0,15 working, now it signals as an error, and just turns it into 0. And 0.15 will still be saved as 15. So now I can't mod properly cause my FMT doesn't let me put decimals where I need to. Can anyone give me a hand? Appreciated.

23.22.5 has been released.

Summary

- *.fifamod faces temporary fix (something aint right but ive got it so it doesn't crash or show weird artifacts)
- Improved localization support (dots / commas in EBX Editor)
- Fix for Mod Settings was not being retained when saving fmtproj to a new file
- More Ebx Descriptions

Full changelist
  • 4ec73a8 Allow Mod Executor support new Fnv1 functionality
  • 55d3abe Added better FET / Fnv1 Support
  • afd0abb Remove FMTProj warning
  • 9047c65 FMTProj compatibility with "other" games
  • 7469a2a Small localization improvements
  • 7e03a1a Temporary *.fifamod Faces "Fix"
  • b24e590 Add [Current Not-Used] FIFA17, SWB1, SWB2 profiles
  • 45fc6fc Make Dump All Profiles from Frosty Editor Work
  • 56c18c6 Removal of useless code
  • 018337e Browser GC Updates
  • 37c4a50 Add FIFA Player Injury Ebx Descriptions
  • 42900ec [FIX] Compiler was not using "directory" argument correctly
  • 82aa082 [FIX] Gameplay mod wouldnt load. Need to retest MeshSet again.
  • 44a04cf [FIX] Mod Settings was not being retained when saving fmtproj to a new file
  • e08dd44 Add Import option to the Browser
  • 4a37f33 Fix MeshSet issues
  • 4ebf9d5 Added FIFA 18 Cover
  • 87e88ec Added Dead Space 2023 Cover
  • 0f2f971 Star Wars Squadrons - Created SDK

Link:
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-81

Summary

- *.fifamod faces temporary fix (something aint right but ive got it so it doesn't crash or show weird artifacts)
- More Ebx Descriptions

Full changelist
  • 44a04cf [FIX] Mod Settings was not being retained when saving fmtproj to a new file

Link:
what can i say...you are a KING master PAUL you deserve more donations/supports

Summary

- More Ebx Descriptions

Full changelist

Link:
When I try to save a project with imported files from old project, it breaks. Also breaks trying to open a FIFAmod file. Know any reasons of why this might be happening?

When I try to save a project with imported files from old project, it breaks. Also breaks trying to open a FIFAmod file. Know any reasons of why this might be happening?
Create the issue on GitHub with the affected project or error screenshotted and provide the fifamod and I can look at it.

My major guess would be you if you are still using fbproject, then dont! fbproject will soon be removed.

FIFAMod, who knows, its experimental and I wont know if my thing will work without testing it (the actual file) for myself.

Create the issue on GitHub with the affected project or error screenshotted and provide the fifamod and I can look at it.

My major guess would be you if you are still using fbproject, then dont! fbproject will soon be removed.

FIFAMod, who knows, its experimental and I wont know if my thing will work without testing it (the actual file) for myself.
Will create the issue in GitHub tomorrow, gotta go working now. Thanks for the fast reply!!

Just remove the FMT folder and unzip and launch it again.
I did the same and it's still crashing. Someone knows how to fix this? When I launch the game, once I'm in the menu, instantly it's crash.

EDIT: I relaunched again the launcher and it's worked.

Last edited:
Good evening all,

New update FMT v23.23.

Summary for FIFA 23:

• Huge improvements to EBX Editor. A lot more is editable now, you'll see editors for all kinds of fields and properties.
  • SDK Fixes and updated to Title Update 12

!!! If you are a Gameplay modder !!!:
These changes and title update may create big changes to your gameplay. Ensure that you check over your work. This has unlocked other items too, which, if I get time, I will explain in our gameplay lab thread. Happy modding.

Link:
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-85

Good evening all,

New update FMT v23.23.

Summary for FIFA 23:

• Huge improvements to EBX Editor. A lot more is editable now, you'll see editors for all kinds of fields and properties.
  • SDK Fixes and updated to Title Update 12

!!! If you are a Gameplay modder !!!:
These changes and title update may create big changes to your gameplay. Ensure that you check over your work. This has unlocked other items too, which, if I get time, I will explain in our gameplay lab thread. Happy modding.

Link:
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-85
one word....you are the MAN master Paul

Hey guys.

Another release of FMT. v23.23.1

Summary​

• Progressing toward better support on latest Engine builds (Dead Space, NFSUnbound & PGA Tour)
  • Progressing Mesh handling on latest Engine builds (Dead Space, NFSUnbound & PGA Tour)
  • [FIFA 23] Fixed loading/exporting of RigidMesh/CompositeMesh/SkinnedMesh
  • [FIFA 23] Fixed support of meshes from *.fifamod
  • Fixed intermittant failure of launch of game
  • Fixed EBX large array support
  • Fixed EBX external pointer reference support

FIFA 23 Mesh fix​

** CREDITS: Enzo Fernandez by Alief, loaded from *.fifamod **
EnzoFernandezByAlief

Link for download and full list:
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-91

FMT is crashing when trying to launch the game and here's the error from the log :

System.Exception: There are too many AssetEntries of a similar type/name!
at FrostySdk.Frostbite.Compilers.BaseAssetCompiler.WriteNewDataChangesToSuperBundles(Dictionary`2& EntriesToNewPosition, String directory)
at FIFA23Plugin.Fifa23AssetCompilerV1.Run()
at FIFA23Plugin.Fifa23AssetCompilerV1.RunModDataCompiler(ILogger logger)
at FIFA23Plugin.Fifa23AssetCompilerV1.Compile(FileSystem fs, ILogger logger, ModExecutor modExecuter)
at ModdingSupport.ModExecutor.BuildModData(ILogger inLogger, String[] allModPaths)
at ModdingSupport.ModExecutor.Run(ILogger inLogger, String gameRootPath, String[] modPaths)
at FMT.LaunchWindow.<>c__DisplayClass33_0.<<btnLaunch_Click>b__0>d.MoveNext()

FMT is crashing when trying to launch the game and here's the error from the log :

at FrostySdk.Frostbite.Compilers.BaseAssetCompiler.WriteNewDataChangesToSuperBundles(Dictionary`2& EntriesToNewPosition, String directory)
at FIFA23Plugin.Fifa23AssetCompilerV1.Compile(FileSystem fs, ILogger logger, ModExecutor modExecuter)
at ModdingSupport.ModExecutor.BuildModData(ILogger inLogger, String[] allModPaths)
at ModdingSupport.ModExecutor.Run(ILogger inLogger, String gameRootPath, String[] modPaths)
Youll need to provide me with the mod list and FREE links to them for me to find out why.

FMT also supplies a log file. That would also be helpful.

Thanks.

Youll need to provide me with the mod list and FREE links to them for me to find out why.

FMT also supplies a log file. That would also be helpful.

Thanks.
I'm having the same problem with the European Extension Patch, here is a free link for it: https://sharemods.com/ygtwicpjcxlr/EEP23_MainMod_1_0_2_TU13.zip.html
I don't know if you need the other mods from my log, without EEP they work fine so I guess the problem is with EEP, but just in case here are the links for them: https://dl.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-23/fifa-23-mck-realism-mod/
https://dl.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-23/lod-mods-for-fifa-23-pc/
I've also attached the logs from FMT.
Thank you in advance!
Edit: Evoweb doesn't let me attach the .log file, so here is a link for that too:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/g17fkacn50rghan/FMT.Log.2023-06-01.22-00.log/file

Attachments

• ErrorLog-2023-06-01.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 1
FMT v23.23.5 Release

FIFA 23 Updates

- Title Update 14.1 support
- Launching process improvements
- Some fixes to "legacy" files modding

Changes
  • 50a2672 Updated SDKs for FIFA23, NFSUnbound & PGATour
  • a1daa45 Added styling to Readme
  • c4739bb Improvements to game launch process
  • a7de167 Added check "IsLoaded" to EbxReader22
  • 6569093 Added default to Oddle loader in CasReader
  • 9e419fa Fix for Null exception in ChunkFileManager2022
Link:
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-97

Its been a while since I've posted an update here.

Latest release is now available

FMT-23.24.8620.35328​

Link
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/FMT-23.24.8620.35328

Update Summary since my last post

• Editor can now read in *.fifamod & *.fbmod locale.ini changes - resolving #45
  • Editor can now read in *.fifamod & *.fbmod initfs changes - resolving #45
  • Start of refactor of initfs code into its own Manager (to allow initfs changes in the future) - progressing #48
  • Added ability to start Application with command arguments to instantly load Editor with a selected Game Profile
  • Further Quality of Life improvements and bug fixes
  • !Do NOT attempt to launch Star Wars Squadrons with this version! It won't work and will likely break your install!
  • [FIFA17] Read Only Support
  • Some small changes to viewers inside Editor
  • Some Quality of Life improvements
  • General work for future projects
  • PGA Tour Patch 5 SDK
  • FIFA 23 Title Update 15 SDK
  • Fix issue #43 where FIFA23 Plugin would error if you only run a "legacy" mod
  • General Game Mod Compiler fixes
  • Adding full read only support for Star Wars Squadrons

Last edited:
Can confirm the FIFA 17 Profile works. Long time ago I explored the Files for FIFA 17. Marco Reus on a cover for FIFA. Must be really long time ago. :))

Attachments

• unknown_2023.08.11-19.16.png
    unknown_2023.08.11-19.16.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • unknown_2023.08.11-19.19.png
    unknown_2023.08.11-19.19.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
Hi Paul @Paul-v After 3 days of testing the new relased Tool from you I wanna ask you a question. I tried the 3 days with the FIFA 21 Version of the Tool to open an old FIFA 21 Mod which you can see in my attached Screenshot below. After the progress of "open a project File" is done within the Tool I always become this Error Notification. What I didn´t get is the "successful...opened" message in the log at the same time?! When I try other mods to open and I get the same log notification that it´s successfully ended the progress, but without the Error message. And I can go on within the Tool. the particular mod from FIFA 21 ended by closing the Tool always after the Tool log says "successful opened the mod". Some other mods from FIFA 21 are opened without that Error notification. I also tried it with the last 2 Tools from you just out of curiousity, but the same error after the Tool has finished. The mod runs in game without Problems, so there is no damaged mod or similar. Is it necessary to have the exact TU where the mod was build in my FIFA 21 game Folder? Could that be the issue? The mod was build on TU 16 or TU 17. My exe is from TU 18 which I back uped 2 years ago. Also the latest FIFA 21 exe imported in my FIFA 21 game Folder gives me that Error message from your Tool at the end.

Do you have any suggestions or any hints to make the Tool didn´t give me the error after log says successful opened? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• unknown_2023.08.13-19.28_1.png
    unknown_2023.08.13-19.28_1.png
    1 MB · Views: 8
Hi Paul @Paul-v After 3 days of testing the new relased Tool from you I wanna ask you a question. I tried the 3 days with the FIFA 21 Version of the Tool to open an old FIFA 21 Mod which you can see in my attached Screenshot below. After the progress of "open a project File" is done within the Tool I always become this Error Notification. What I didn´t get is the "successful...opened" message in the log at the same time?! When I try other mods to open and I get the same log notification that it´s successfully ended the progress, but without the Error message. And I can go on within the Tool. the particular mod from FIFA 21 ended by closing the Tool always after the Tool log says "successful opened the mod". Some other mods from FIFA 21 are opened without that Error notification. I also tried it with the last 2 Tools from you just out of curiousity, but the same error after the Tool has finished. The mod runs in game without Problems, so there is no damaged mod or similar. Is it necessary to have the exact TU where the mod was build in my FIFA 21 game Folder? Could that be the issue? The mod was build on TU 16 or TU 17. My exe is from TU 18 which I back uped 2 years ago. Also the latest FIFA 21 exe imported in my FIFA 21 game Folder gives me that Error message from your Tool at the end.

Do you have any suggestions or any hints to make the Tool didn´t give me the error after log says successful opened? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks in Advance.
thats a strange error. i think the discord function is dying on you because your path to the mod is too long. im full speed FC24 next, might be able to catch this along the way.

thats a strange error. i think the discord function is dying on you because your path to the mod is too long. im full speed FC24 next, might be able to catch this along the way.
Thanks Paul! I will try it with a shorter path. Glad to read you are into full speed to FC24. If you have the time to make a properfix beside I will check your Github from time to time.

All good now, Paul! The golden hint from you was about the really long Mod Path from the mod. I put the mod on my c drive without another Folder around them. Mod gets opened without any little Error message again. So I can say from my side the new Tool Version works just great. Many thanks for your work!
Great Tools!

Hey guys.

EA Sports FC 24 support

1692051336487.png
You can keep up on FMT progress on FC24 support on:

1. Git FC 24 Branch & Git Issues
2. This thread
3. or this thread

As I don't have a beta code (unlike some others). I am just working from the files and doing as much as I can with them. Aranaktu offered to try my SDK Generator tomorrow. So many thanks to him if he gets the SDK built. Will update when I can.

What I have done so far:

• Full file listings
  • Data retrieval
  • Texture support
  • Mesh resource support (however, mesh display isn't working as it should)
What is missing:

• Full SDK (so anything new, which isn't much, to FC24 is not supported)
  • Mesh display is not working as it should
  • Compile mod and test in game (I dont have a beta code/key, so cannot test)

Back
Top Bottom