FMT | Frostbite Modding Tool | Open Source

Problem is that export and import don't work for me. I guess is because I started with FET and imported my files from Fifamod yet it is strange cause my project worked last update...
Yeah i haven't tried mixing and matching FET with FMT so that could most likely be why.

@Paul-v I let you know that a new update will be released soon, or that's what I've been told. Stay aware. EA can't stay more than a week without fucking things up.

Edit: Everything works fine with TU10 since it seems they didn't changed any EBX, at least not gameplay related. For the next update, it'd be nice to have the InitFS editor working for saving, not only reading, since I think there's still a lot of things there that can help us to evolve our gp. But no haste, when it comes, it comes.

Last edited:
Hey @Paul-v! Could you load your old projects with v23.11? I got mine being stucked on loading screen for like 15 minutes now. Not a big deal, i wanted to start a new one, but just to let you know. Presumably, that's an issue coming from my project.

EDIT : Fixed, was my fault.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been answered before (I did try to search for it, and had a look at the documentation, but couldn't see it)!

When a FIFA update is released, is it enough to just start FMT and hope it sorts everything out?

(It detected the update and rebuilt the ... whatever it rebuilds :LOL: but I was wondering if I should delete any files/folders from the FIFA 23 install folder, e.g. ModData, to ensure minimal issues. I did try to click the button that says something like "force reinstall mod data" at the top of the settings screen, but it was greyed out.)

I only ask because I don't feel like the latest gameplay mod was fully working when I tried it last night - seemed much faster on my PC than the videos of it!

Apologies if this has been answered before (I did try to search for it, and had a look at the documentation, but couldn't see it)!

When a FIFA update is released, is it enough to just start FMT and hope it sorts everything out?

(It detected the update and rebuilt the ... whatever it rebuilds :LOL: but I was wondering if I should delete any files/folders from the FIFA 23 install folder, e.g. ModData, to ensure minimal issues. I did try to click the button that says something like "force reinstall mod data" at the top of the settings screen, but it was greyed out.)

I only ask because I don't feel like the latest gameplay mod was fully working when I tried it last night - seemed much faster on my PC than the videos of it!
I know FMT is deleting live tuning updates when launching the game but you can do that manually inside AppData --> Local --> Temp --> FIFA 23.

It is what I do most of the time. Update and hope for the best, doesnt always work like that though.

Live Tuning Updates are a pain and very likely your cause of the speed change. If you connect the servers at all, it will immediately override any gameplay mods.

Using FMT 23.21, when I go to install mods (the new gameplay v4a10 in this case), the launcher now goes through a lot of .cas files under FIFA 23\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout... This process takes a lot longer than previous versions, since the files are almost 40gb in size. Is this part of the "d74e3d6 FIX some issues with Launcher", and therefore normal behaviour?

Edit: The process seemingly takes forever, been on the same loop for hours and it never seems to be able to finish loading the mod. I have tried repairing the game in the EA app, to see if that was a problem, but that did not change anything.

Last edited:
Using FMT 23.21, when I go to install mods (the new gameplay v4a10 in this case), the launcher now goes through a lot of .cas files under FIFA 23\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout... This process takes a lot longer than previous versions, since the files are almost 40gb in size. Is this part of the "d74e3d6 FIX some issues with Launcher", and therefore normal behaviour?

Edit: The process seemingly takes forever, been on the same loop for hours and it never seems to be able to finish loading the mod. I have tried repairing the game in the EA app, to see if that was a problem, but that did not change anything.

I usually have that happen to me. When it does, I just close it and reopen it and try the process again.

Thanks, will try it a few more times. Never saw it before myself.
Anything recognizable maybe because of your antivirus software? I had some issues last time when launching FMT and Kaspersky Antivir. I expect sometimes false errors because I just use the free Version. Just a thought of mine. But normally a Tool would not working at all when your Antivir detect something "wrong". A good friend of mine had sometimes the issue that his McAffee Antivir just deleted some DLL. FIles. It just comes now to my mind. Anyway, like Topaz mentioned, could be a temporary issue too.

Thanks, will try it a few more times. Never saw it before myself.

Looks like I am stuck too on the latest version. I cannot get past superbundlelayout. Usually one of them gets stuck after 40 mins.

Edit: Tried it 10 times cannot get it to work. I will revert back to the older version.

Last edited:

Something I have noticed is that the mod doesn't fully work when either the game gets updated or the tool gets updated or whenever you get online in FIFA 23(not having firewall). In any of those case, make sure to remove your temp folder in %localappdata% and ModData, LegacyMods folder within your FIFA23 folder. I had even the modded splash screen visible from Paul's mod but some of the gameplay didn't change(like passing speed). After doing all that, I finally got gameplay mod fully working.

Last edited:
Looks like I am stuck too on the latest version. I cannot get past superbundlelayout. Usually one of them gets stuck after 40 mins.

Edit: Tried it 10 times cannot get it to work. I will revert back to the older version.
Yeah, same. Tried multiple times. To revert you also need to go back to TU10, right? I should start doing backups of the older FIFA folder before updating I guess.

Good afternoon all,

It seems I rushed out 23.21 too quickly and it came with some more bugs than I anticipated.

I have pulled it down for the time being.

Another Update.

23.22.4 has been released.

- Fixing old game support
- Allowing mod creators to port mods to other games. I've tested my gameplay mod from FIFA 23 to FIFA 22. Only needed to remove the Splashscreen and the mod worked flawlessly!
- Added Support for importing Json EBX on to another simular EBX. For example, from one shooting asset, to another shooting asset, so you dont have to copy and paste values manually.

Changes:
  • 14e9b0f [FIX] AssetCompiler incorectly reporting files being unaffected
  • 84c6965 [FIFA 22] Enable mod launching support
  • ec5af7e [FIX] Revert assets that link but do not have "LinkedAssets" defined
  • 399e4e9 [FIX] CacheManager control not showing on Editors when needed
  • 851a7f7 [FIX] FMTProj could not load chunk when on a different game
  • 6989bf9 [FIX] Unable to load Game when profile doesn't have tools
  • 18a2908 FIX: Importing a EBX Json on to a simular EBX type causing crash

Link:
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-77

Another Update.

23.22.4 has been released.

- Fixing old game support
- Allowing mod creators to port mods to other games. I've tested my gameplay mod from FIFA 23 to FIFA 22. Only needed to remove the Splashscreen and the mod worked flawlessly!
- Added Support for importing Json EBX on to another simular EBX. For example, from one shooting asset, to another shooting asset, so you dont have to copy and paste values manually.

Changes:
  • 14e9b0f [FIX] AssetCompiler incorectly reporting files being unaffected
  • 84c6965 [FIFA 22] Enable mod launching support
  • ec5af7e [FIX] Revert assets that link but do not have "LinkedAssets" defined
  • 399e4e9 [FIX] CacheManager control not showing on Editors when needed
  • 851a7f7 [FIX] FMTProj could not load chunk when on a different game
  • 6989bf9 [FIX] Unable to load Game when profile doesn't have tools
  • 18a2908 FIX: Importing a EBX Json on to a simular EBX type causing crash

Link:
https://github.com/paulov-t/FrostbiteModdingTool/releases/tag/Release-77
Porting mods feature is insane. Thank you Paul!

Looking for a little troubleshooting help.

Title update 11 (This is on D: drive of computer)
FMT 23.22.4 (from today or yesterday) (this is on C: drive of computer)
EA App launcher

When I use FMT to launch the game using paul's career mod and gameplay mod: I get to the splash screen, then the game bonks out to the EA app again.

repairs I have tried:
deleted moddata folder and relaunched game
clicked force reinstall mods
clicked "repair game", waited for repair, then re-launched the FMT
deleted "-dataPath ModData", saved, retyped the datapath instruction...

I am sure there's a user error on my part somewhere here. I usually load the cache and FMT with the game off-- do we still need to load that material while the game is on main menu?
Anyone with steps I can take would be much appreciated. thx

Back
Top Bottom