FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

He was very good in that game.
But i seem to remember another WCmatchwhere i wasn't very impressed with him...and i rarely criticize refs.

Silva cost me £1k yesterday, had a £10 bet on Netherlands to win 3-0 with Robben scoring first. I imagine Robben woulda scored before he was assaulted by Silva *sulks*

Got my money on a Germany 3-1 win, with Muller to score first. So sorry Germany, I probably just lost you the WC :P

it's been a fantastic world cup to watch. i gotta admit, over the last few years, my passion for football dimmed a bit. my father tells me it's normal to outgrow our childhood passions and perhaps he's right. all i know is i have watched more football this month than in the last 2 years, and it's been nice to feel that sense of excitement minutes away from the beginning of an important game once again.
although it was a shame italy didn't give a good account of themselves, their early elimination gave me a chance to focus my attention on teams i wasn't familiar with. i haven't watched all the games (far from it infact), but i enjoyed almost all the ones i got to watch.

the only sad chapter of this story was brasil's demise. last year, after the confederations cup, i realised this team couldn't have lived up to its country's football tradition, but that blackout against germany was almost too painful to watch.
on the bright side, they still had a good run. reaching a semifinal is a tremendous achievement, and in the end, they lost to a better team, so there's no shame in that.

i haven't huge expectations on tonite's final, because... well, because it's a final. i wouldn't be surprised if fear, pressure, and fans' expectation would weigh too heavily on the players' shoulders and get in the way of our desire to watch some good football.... but i'd love to be proven wrong.

if they were playing against any other team, i'd love to see germany lift the cup. it would be the fitting ending to a beautiful 8 years long story, as this group of players (and their coach) deserve the cup probably more than any other team. over the last few years, germany has been the team which football i enjoyed the most (alongside italy) and the world cup would be the most appropriate stage for spain to pass the baton to them....
.... but i just can't bring myself to root against argentina, so i guess i'll be albiceleste tonight. :))

Last edited:
I hope rizzoli, as another italian, does not feel that way too, lo zio. :) the third time he'll officiate an argentina game this tournament (think he did well in the previous two, though).

Strange referee again. Höwedes dark, dark yellow was ok imo(but I'm German, I know), but argentinia is allowed to foul Kramer two times(1 time penalty) getting nothing, while Schweinsteiger for a 0.1 second long touch gets yellow(of course a foul, but not yellow).
Have a bad feeling about it anyway, the team seems to make the "Columbian-mistake" now, so to react to argentine aggressive playing with similar actions.

Neuer and Höwedes should've been sent off imo. I was @toilet when Kramer got injured so I didn't see what happened there.

Palacio is an idiot. Second time he try to do a stupid flick over the keeper (He did against Netherlands too).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom