FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

Lol Robben messing with Luis.

Oscar by far the best player for the Brazilians btw.

Kuyt getting his head stapled on the sideline.. Badass

Last edited:
Someone here posted pictures of Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and others. Well even those team were a borrelflessen compared to the teams of 1982 and 1970.

I think it depends on your age. If one was young enough to watch the Brazil WC 1970/1982 team, they'll probably prefer those teams to the later ones.

I was 15 when I watching the 2002 WC Brazil team and they looked brilliant to me. I wasn't around to watch the 1970/1982 teams play, so I probably can't appreciate them, save the short clips of their goals.

Lol Robben messing with Luis.

Oscar by far the best player for the Brazilians btw.

Kuyt getting his head stapled on the sideline.. Badass

kuyt.jpg

First booking for diving in the whole WC, even that call is doubtful...

BUT it wasn't completely off. There was a contact, but it was neither a penalty nor a dive. Should have not called anything at all.

This is maybe the weakest performance a ref showed during this WC.

I was expecting the Brazilians to at least to show some heart, some fire, to save some face... Instead we saw more of the same, with different players, against a very compact, but totally without gas, Netherlands.

They need to rethink a lot of things.

So, Brazil's tournament now officially over. What a disappointing and bloodless (if such a word exists in the English language) end for them. Holland did not even play their best football, completely deserved win today.

Wonder, where all those conspiracy freaks are that saw Brazil lifting the trophy with the help of all those "crooked" refs. Said it at the beginning and say it now, there was no ref helping them, they only had some luck during their first games that referees called many things in their favour on a personal bad day, nothing more.

@S-Nipe: People will probably say it's Karma though :P

All jokes aside, the Portuguese have all been shamful this tourney. Where's the heart at? Where has the Joga Bonito gone to? They need to re-think/re-build their teams from scratch, they have the quality just need to make good use of it.

janmaat's run was awesome in the last goal.

amineken, veltman actually played some minutes in spain game.

Feck off ESPN.. Yes it's third place but surely they can show a bit more of the metal ceremony.
P.s. Class from the Brazilians to mass cheer the Dutch team while they do their lap of honor. Didn't quite expect to see that but there is some beautiful in the world. Cheers!

“Joga Bonito” has nothing to do with Portuguese football. We always pride ourselves as highly technical team, but that played as a strong unit, and fierce and aggressive when we are underwhelmed. Similar to what to the Dutch, but with different styles. Small countries cannot consistently produce the same level of talent. Is cyclical.

We may speak the same language, but in football terms, outside the great technical players, we have little in common.

Brazil needs to readdress the way they think their football, the way they build teams. Portugal needs to renew the squad, the football structure (coaches, physio, etc.), and the weight that a certain FIFA agent have on the selection of our players.

So, Brazil's tournament now officially over. What a disappointing and bloodless (if such a word exists in the English language) end for them. Holland did not even play their best football, completely deserved win today.

Wonder, where all those conspiracy freaks are that saw Brazil lifting the trophy with the help of all those "crooked" refs. Said it at the beginning and say it now, there was no ref helping them, they only had some luck during their first games that referees called many things in their favour on a personal bad day, nothing more.

WORD, I have been asking the same thing!
where are those smart-asses and their theories??

Brasil is now officially dead & buried!

Last edited:
I'm actually happy Brazil got found out, I really am!

From the top brass CBF directors to Scolari, a bunch of backwards thinking idiots.
The beautiful game needs to be cleansed in Brazil, from corrupt bosses to the players themselves. Players need to stop with all the diving and play acting, which is a stain in the Brazilian football reputation.

We need fresh people who are bit more humble than Scolari and Parreira are. They act self-entitled as if history would back 'em up to win another WC title.

Scolari was caught on camera remonstrating with the refs after the final whistle. WTF did he want there? He doesn't even realised that Thiago Silva should have seen red after 2 minutes for that last man foul.

How can they even have the cheek to complain about the refs? I would keep my mouth shut there if I was Scolari.
Well if I was Scolari, I'd never play Marcelo and David Luiz either, for obvious reasons, but oh well...

What a disgraceful way to end a campaign in home soil. This Brazilian NT lacked sportsmanship in the end too, cause when the Dutch players received the bronze medal they should have been there on the pitch as well, if I'm not mistaken.

As fans, we can only hope some lessons were learned. But I'm skeptical about that.

Back
Top Bottom