FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

Both games have no fouls, No midfield
Both games are targetting the pay2win youtube crowd
Both games need better AI
Both games need proper patching ASAP

Honours even to me
How about you and me becoming influential youtubers/influencers,probably the only way to sort our games out mate:)

One other area where Fifa is miles ahead in my opinion is ball movement and deflections. Seen so many varied ricochets on shots that are totally lifelike. On one occasion I saw a shot come in from close range, the keeper slid with arms out and the ball struck his side under one arm and diverted up onto the bar. So real.

One other area where Fifa is miles ahead in my opinion is ball movement and deflections. Seen so many varied ricochets on shots that are totally lifelike. On one occasion I saw a shot come in from close range, the keeper slid with arms out and the ball struck his side under one arm and diverted up onto the bar. So real.

A lot fantastic varied ricochets in Pes 2018 are existing. Don't agree wit You. Looks so real.

Last edited:
Some words about stadia atmosphere in Pes 2018. Stadia look very ice and atmoshere during the match is close to FIFA. Its total different than Pes 2017. Around the stadia people like cameramen, stewards and managers walking. Camera behind the nets go up and down, crowds looks very good too. The supporters flags around the stadia are esxisting too. The stadia in wide cam looks so real like in FIFA. Very big step forward from KONAMI. They have to work more in presentation before the match, better commetary and betters chants. In my opinion new scoreboard in Pes 2018 looks good and looks similar to Premier League scorebord like in FIFA.

Last edited:
Some words about stadia atmosphere in Pes 2018. Stadia look very ice and atmoshere during the match is close to FIFA. Its total different than Pes 2017. Around the stadia people like cameramen, stewards and managers walking. Camera behind the nets go up and down, crowds looks very good too. The supporters flags around the stadia are esxisting too. The stadia in wide cam looks so real like in FIFA. Very big step forward from KONAMI. They have to work more in presentation before the match, better commetary and betters chants. In my opinion new scoreboard in Pes 2018 looks good and looks similar to Premier League scorebord like in FIFA.
Disagree. Atmosphere in PES stadia is woeful. FIFA is miles ahead in this department.

Yes? Because? Please give me argument. The question is atmosphere during the match without comentary and chants. What else is better in FIFA?
When I get home I will give you a detailed reason why FIFA atmosphere is miles better.

Actually, I can't be bothered. Play a match as Brighton v Southampton on FIFA 18. Then try exactly same match on PES 2018.

Tell me which atmosphere is better.

Yes? Because? Please give me argument. The question is atmosphere during the match without comentary and chants.

While stadium atmosphere has seen some improvements, there is still lots more to do.

First, stadiums banners in Pes are the same old plain and boring. Doesn't feel like there are fans there watching a football game.
Audio is terrible, let me tell you. Chants are the same generic repeated over and over. Don't even feel like they are coming from the stadium.

But what i really miss is the flags. In Fifa when you are in goal kick camera there are tons of flags waving, makes the whole stadium feel alive. In Pes flags are only seen during the start of the match before teams enter the pitch and they are two, three of them, look so boring.

Crowd in Fifa is alive, not just in close ups, it moves with more than three preset animations (that happens in Pes). There is mexican wave, fans rushing towards the players on the pitch while celebrating.

You can see players warming up before entering the pitch, assistant referee exhibiting the electronic board showing additional minutes.

Those are all non essential things, but add so much to the stadium atmosphere. Comparing Pes stadium atmosphere to Fifa is like comparing an early Ps3 game to a Ps4 game.

No way does PES have a comparable stadium atmosphere to Fifa. The animations and player faces look amazing in PES but the all round broadcast package is miles away. This year seeing the players celebrate with the fans as they rush forwards just draws me in so much. Makes the feeling of scoring an important goal so much sweeter.

When I get home I will give you a detailed reason why FIFA atmosphere is miles better.

Actually, I can't be bothered. Play a match as Brighton v Southampton on FIFA 18. Then try exactly same match on PES 2018.

I tried play Liverpool v Manchester United on Afield Road with EDIT FILE by Cristiano. Day match as well. Looks fantastic. Players comes from tunel, crowds singing "You wile never alone". Scoreboard look like in Premire League. Custom camera setting zoom 0 and height O. Looks awesome. Managers, stewards and cameramen walking aroud the pitch. Dont agree with You.

I tried play Liverpool v Manchester United on Afield Road with EDIT FILE by Cristiano. Day match as well. Looks fantastic. Players comes from tunel, crowds singing "You wile never alone". Scoreboard look like in Premire League. Looks awesome. Managers, stewards and cameramen walking aroud the pitch. Dont agree with You.
What about the 100s of teams with generic chants?

What about the Man Utd away fans? You only hear that awful generic chant that has been in PES for years now.

In FIFA you hear the away fans, crowds ironically cheer when you balloon a shot over the bar.

Come on mate, I love pes but FIFA is miles ahead in terms of atmosphere and presentation. Everyone can see that.

In my opinion some stuff in Pes atmosphere is in the same level as FIFA. Some not but huge step forward than in previous years. If they in the next year will make better banners, commentary, chants and presentation before the match start it will be great.

I think, actually let me emphasize that: I THINK, that when Konami aim for something and really focus on getting that thing right, they get it perfectly right. More than EA never will.

First it was faces. PES started beating FIFA around the bush with faces.
Then it was player models.
Then it was Stadiums and other stadia elements (tunnels, exteriors, etc) (Camp Nou, Anfield, Signal Iduna Park).
Then it was animations (not all of them can beat FIFA, but a certain amount).
Now it's pitches (in my opinion PES 2018 pitches are better than FIFA's).

And I think.... I THINK Konami have not yet had the interest in getting certain things realistically done. Like chants, atmosphere and other off the pitch elements. Once they start focusing on that, then it's game over for FIFA.

It's like "Whatever you do (FIFA), I can do better (PES) (...just need some more time than you do)".

You know what @Chuny, I think that's a great point. I feel like Konami look at EA and go "oh that's what people want?" Then do it better (though it's not always what we want, I think).

You want graphics? Boom, say hello to these faces, and these stadiums. Ultimate Team? Say hello to MyClub (which I prefer, except for the weird tournament timings and scout system).

But saying that, why has the Master League not copied the hundreds of things that they could? (And my fear is that the gameplay will aim to satiate those FIFA players who love fast games with "amazing" goals.)

I think FIFA has copied PES a little this year too (though it could be coincidence). The buzzword around PES 2017 (and 2018) was "flow" (and 100% rightly so). This year, FIFA's passing is WAY more accurate, and first-time passes are always perfect (with less fouls included). Suddenly, the game has a better flow... (But I don't really like the way they've achieved it...)

I hope - and actually sort-of predict - that 2019 will have a bit more of a focus on the Master League. Give me more to do off the pitch and I can overlook the odd gameplay "quirk" I don't like (which is exactly what I'm doing with FIFA at the moment, because my-oh-my are the scorelines silly, but my-oh-my is that career mode delicious).

I hope - and actually sort-of predict - that 2019 will have a bit more of a focus on the Master League. Give me more to do off the pitch and I can overlook the odd gameplay "quirk" I don't like (which is exactly what I'm doing with FIFA at the moment, because my-oh-my are the scorelines silly, but my-oh-my is that career mode delicious).

I have absolutely no doubt that focus for PES 2019 will be 75% off the pitch (Game Modes, specially Master League, atmosphere, etc) and then just the usual adjustments for gameplay as well.

How about you and me becoming influential youtubers/influencers,probably the only way to sort our games out mate:)

Well it took me years to get the fouls issue and scripting recognised, Once the games are patched and playable I'll be doing a ML comparison series, Same teams different games!

Well it took me years to get the fouls issue and scripting recognised, Once it's playable I'll be doing a ML comparison channel. Same teams different games!
Something like that would be really useful, not just to the community but to Konami - enough people retweet it and they see it.

Well it took me years to get the fouls issue and scripting recognised, Once the games are patched and playable I'll be doing a ML comparison series, Same teams different games!
Smashing idea Shez.
How far will you go back?
Like we discussed,after 13 so many features were lost.
Good idea mate,something the community will appricate.

Atmosphere is better in FIFA,but that's not the whole truth,I think Italy and south America where Pes seems to have a stronghold is better in PES.
But no doubt the PL/FL is no match between the games,miles better in fifa

Smashing idea Shez.
How far will you go back?
Like we discussed,after 13 so many features were lost.
Good idea mate,something the community will appricate.

I'll probably do a fully patched PES 2013, with all the stadiums,graphics,cameras and sliders, And compare it to what we have on offer in 2017, Should give an insight on what is needed and what has actually improved since then. The community can go from there into fixing ML hopefully!

Will wait for PES 2018 to get in a better shape though lol

Last edited:
I'll probably do a fully patched PES 2013, with all the stadiums,graphics,cameras and sliders, And compare it to what we have on offer in 2017, Should give an insight on what is needed and what has actually improved since then. The community can go from there into fixing ML hopefully!

Will wait for PES 2017 to get in a better shape though lol
You thinking 18,not 17 right,or?
If so,yes,needs some fixing.
I've actually used to few fouls,which is stupid as hell,wish every game played as a derby game.
And player switching needs an overhaul.
That's just gameplay.
Spent 2-3 days on 13,kits and stuff,played two three games,can't play it,even though everything else is great.
Player movement has gone forward so much since then.
It's a great idea though Shez,looking fw to it

You thinking 18,not 17 right,or?
If so,yes,needs some fixing.
I've actually used to few fouls,which is stupid as hell,wish every game played as a derby game.
And player switching needs an overhaul.
That's just gameplay.
Spent 2-3 days on 13,kits and stuff,played two three games,can't play it,even though everything else is great.
Player movement has gone forward so much since then.
It's a great idea though Shez,looking fw to it

yup 18 fixed

Yes, well the idea isn't to get people to go back to 2013, But to get the message across about the missing features and functionality.

After spending a lot of time with both games, I am finding it difficult to play PES 2018 now.

Both games are superb this year. But there is so much more to FIFA, a far deeper Career Mode with all the usual bells and whistles, plus I find the PES gameplay far more predictable.

I am happy both games are finally BOTH worth buying again. FIFA just edges it for me again this year.

I played both this year. It's hard to keep playing fifa when you switch from PES. On the pitch, player models, animation, controls (on Manual) are miles ahead. just switch between both games and you'll know what I mean. I understand atmosphere, stadiums and game mode depth are important aspect of the game too but I can make the trade off.

I don't get this hard to play fifa on the pitch ..its light years ahead of PES this year..pes is way too one dimensional and predictable..shooting has little variation and don't get me going on the AI ..i played a championship master league game and the AI did seven perfect back heels in one match two of which were perfect through balls ..ridiculous..far too arcadey this year

Back
Top Bottom