FIFA 23 Gameplay Lab

Hey guys, did anyone figured out any way to adjust team styles/tactics more? For example, I want teams with long balls, make more lob passes. Is it even possible yet to do that with EBX editing or through Locale.ini?
I think the most efficient way to do so is to edit database. Maybe @fifaccitiu.com knows something about that

I think the most efficient way to do so is to edit database. Maybe @fifaccitiu.com knows something about that
DB has team traits to force direct passing and counter attacking, also forcing players to use the long passer trait. Sliders also can influence the way CPU use long passing, giving the correct distnce between the midfield/defence and atacking, making CPU use long pass to build up fastly.

DB has team traits to force direct passing and counter attacking, also forcing players to use the long passer trait. Sliders also can influence the way CPU use long passing, giving the correct distnce between the midfield/defence and atacking, making CPU use long pass to build up fastly.
Looks like with those traits and this EBX editing, we should be able to get more long balls.

Code:
"TraitLongPasserMinSpaceMod": 0.7, // Decrease this so that players with long passer trait needs less space to play long balls increasing long pass frequency.
"TraitLongPasserMinRatingMod": 0.8, // Decrease this to increase the frequency for long passer to execute long balls.

@Anth James

Hey guys, did anyone figured out any way to adjust team styles/tactics more? For example, I want teams with long balls, make more lob passes. Is it even possible yet to do that with EBX editing or through Locale.ini?
This reminds of my findings in gp_cpuai_cpuaiballhandler_runtime. Thanks to this question I've updated it, based on past testings on my gp mods.

NameDetailsIf -If +
CrossReceiverDistFromPKSpot
DribbleTTDistToTargetWeight
FinesseShotProbability[CPU] probability to take finesse shotsLess finesse shotsMore finesse shots
GroundPassDecisionDistToTargetMod[CPU] ground pass decision modifier based on distance to target / teammateMore likely to target nearest teammates, more tiki-takaMore careful passes, less tiki-taka, more creative passes utilizing more teammates in the distance
GroundPassDecisionDribbleMinSpace[CPU] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum dribbling space availableMore careless passes, more tiki-takaMore careful and considerate passes, less tiki-taka
GroundPassDecisionMinCourseSafety[CPU] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum course / area safety from defendersSame as aboveSame as above
GroundPassDecisionSpaceRatingMod[CPU] ground pass decision modifier based on rating of spaces / area in the fieldSame as aboveSame as above
OneTimePassProbabilityMod[CPU] one time pass a.k.a tiki taka probability modifier, however setting this to 0 doesn't eliminate ping pong passesLess one time passesMore one time passes
SlideTackleProbability[CPU] slide tackle probabilitiesLess sliding tacklesMore sliding tackles
ThroughPassMod[CPU] through pass modifiersLess through passesMore through passes
TraitDivesTacklesSlideTackleProbability[CPU Trait] slide tackle probabilitiesLess sliding tacklesMore sliding tackles
TraitEarlyCrosserCrossReceiverDistFromPKSpot[CPU Trait]
TraitFinesseShotProbability[CPU Trait] probabilities to take finessed shotsLess finesse shotsMore finesse shots
TraitLateCrosserCrossReceiverDistFromPKSpot[CPU Trait]
TraitLongPasserMinRatingMod[CPU Trait] minimum rating modifier (success rate, defenders positioning, etc)More likely to execute long passes, more long passesMore careful to execute long passes, less long passes
TraitLongPasserMinSpaceMod[CPU Trait] minimum space modifierSame as aboveSame as above
TraitLongShotTakerMaxShotFreedomWeight[CPU Trait] maximum freedom to shoot weightLess likely to take long shotsMore likely to take long shots
TraitOneTimePasserGroundPassDecisionDistToTargetMod[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on distance to target / teammateMore likely to target nearest teammates, more tiki-takaMore careful passes, less tiki-taka, more creative passes utilizing more teammates in the distance
TraitOneTimePasserGroundPassDecisionDribbleMinSpace[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum dribbling space availableMore careless passes, more tiki-takaMore careful and considerate passes, less tiki-taka
TraitOneTimePasserGroundPassDecisionMinCourseSafety[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum course / area safety from defendersSame as aboveSame as above
TraitOneTimePasserGroundPassDecisionSpaceRatingMod[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on rating of spaces / area in the fieldSame as aboveSame as above
TraitPlayMakerGroundPassDecisionDistToTargetMod[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on distance to target / teammateMore likely to target nearest teammates, more tiki-takaMore careful passes, less tiki-taka, more creative passes utilizing more teammates in the distance
TraitPlayMakerGroundPassDecisionDribbleMinSpace[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum dribbling space availableMore careless passes, more tiki-takaMore careful and considerate passes, less tiki-taka
TraitPlayMakerGroundPassDecisionMinCourseSafety[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum course / area safety from defendersSame as aboveSame as above
TraitPlayMakerGroundPassDecisionSpaceRatingMod[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on rating of spaces / area in the fieldSame as aboveSame as above
TraitPlayMakerPassMod[CPU Trait] pass frequency modifierLess likely to pass the ballMore likely to pass the ball
TraitSelfishGroundPassDecisionDistToTargetMod[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on distance to target / teammateMore likely to target nearest teammates, more tiki-takaMore careful passes, less tiki-taka, more creative passes utilizing more teammates in the distance
TraitSelfishGroundPassDecisionDribbleMinSpace[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum dribbling space availableMore careless passes, more tiki-takaMore careful and considerate passes, less tiki-taka
TraitSelfishGroundPassDecisionMinCourseSafety[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum course / area safety from defendersSame as aboveSame as above
TraitSelfishGroundPassDecisionSpaceRatingMod[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on rating of spaces / area in the fieldSame as aboveSame as above
TraitSpeedDribblerSprintSafetyForStart[CPU Trait] sprint safety ratingLess careful, more likely to sprint with the ball to beat pass opponentsMore careful, less likely to sprint with the ball to beat pass opponents
TraitSpeedDribblerSprintSafetyForStopSame as aboveSame as aboveSame as above
TraitSwitchFlankMinRatingMod[CPU Trait] minimum rating modifier (success rate, defenders positioning, etc)More likely to execute switch flank passes (across the field to other winger)Less likely to execute switch flank passes (across the field to other winger)
TraitSwitchFlankMinSpaceMod[CPU Trait] minimum space modifierSame as aboveSame as above
TraitThroughPasserThroughPassMod[CPU Trait] through pass modifiersLess through passesMore through passes

Last edited:
This reminds of my findings in gp_cpuai_cpuaiballhandler_runtime. Thanks to this question I've updated it, based on past testings on my gp mods.

NameDetailsIf -If +
CrossReceiverDistFromPKSpot
DribbleTTDistToTargetWeight
FinesseShotProbability[CPU] probability to take finesse shotsLess finesse shotsMore finesse shots
GroundPassDecisionDistToTargetMod[CPU] ground pass decision modifier based on distance to target / teammateMore likely to target nearest teammates, more tiki-takaMore careful passes, less tiki-taka, more creative passes utilizing more teammates in the distance
GroundPassDecisionDribbleMinSpace[CPU] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum dribbling space availableMore careless passes, more tiki-takaMore careful and considerate passes, less tiki-taka
GroundPassDecisionMinCourseSafety[CPU] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum course / area safety from defendersSame as aboveSame as above
GroundPassDecisionSpaceRatingMod[CPU] ground pass decision modifier based on rating of spaces / area in the fieldSame as aboveSame as above
OneTimePassProbabilityMod[CPU] one time pass a.k.a tiki taka probability modifier, however setting this to 0 doesn't eliminate ping pong passesLess one time passesMore one time passes
SlideTackleProbability[CPU] slide tackle probabilitiesLess sliding tacklesMore sliding tackles
ThroughPassMod[CPU] through pass modifiersLess through passesMore through passes
TraitDivesTacklesSlideTackleProbability[CPU Trait] slide tackle probabilitiesLess sliding tacklesMore sliding tackles
TraitEarlyCrosserCrossReceiverDistFromPKSpot[CPU Trait]
TraitFinesseShotProbability[CPU Trait] probabilities to take finessed shotsLess finesse shotsMore finesse shots
TraitLateCrosserCrossReceiverDistFromPKSpot[CPU Trait]
TraitLongPasserMinRatingMod[CPU Trait] minimum rating modifier (success rate, defenders positioning, etc)More likely to execute long passes, more long passesMore careful to execute long passes, less long passes
TraitLongPasserMinSpaceMod[CPU Trait] minimum space modifierSame as aboveSame as above
TraitLongShotTakerMaxShotFreedomWeight[CPU Trait] maximum freedom to shoot weightLess likely to take long shotsMore likely to take long shots
TraitOneTimePasserGroundPassDecisionDistToTargetMod[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on distance to target / teammateMore likely to target nearest teammates, more tiki-takaMore careful passes, less tiki-taka, more creative passes utilizing more teammates in the distance
TraitOneTimePasserGroundPassDecisionDribbleMinSpace[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum dribbling space availableMore careless passes, more tiki-takaMore careful and considerate passes, less tiki-taka
TraitOneTimePasserGroundPassDecisionMinCourseSafety[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum course / area safety from defendersSame as aboveSame as above
TraitOneTimePasserGroundPassDecisionSpaceRatingMod[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on rating of spaces / area in the fieldSame as aboveSame as above
TraitPlayMakerGroundPassDecisionDistToTargetMod[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on distance to target / teammateMore likely to target nearest teammates, more tiki-takaMore careful passes, less tiki-taka, more creative passes utilizing more teammates in the distance
TraitPlayMakerGroundPassDecisionDribbleMinSpace[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum dribbling space availableMore careless passes, more tiki-takaMore careful and considerate passes, less tiki-taka
TraitPlayMakerGroundPassDecisionMinCourseSafety[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum course / area safety from defendersSame as aboveSame as above
TraitPlayMakerGroundPassDecisionSpaceRatingMod[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on rating of spaces / area in the fieldSame as aboveSame as above
TraitPlayMakerPassMod[CPU Trait] pass frequency modifierLess likely to pass the ballMore likely to pass the ball
TraitSelfishGroundPassDecisionDistToTargetMod[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on distance to target / teammateMore likely to target nearest teammates, more tiki-takaMore careful passes, less tiki-taka, more creative passes utilizing more teammates in the distance
TraitSelfishGroundPassDecisionDribbleMinSpace[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum dribbling space availableMore careless passes, more tiki-takaMore careful and considerate passes, less tiki-taka
TraitSelfishGroundPassDecisionMinCourseSafety[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on minimum course / area safety from defendersSame as aboveSame as above
TraitSelfishGroundPassDecisionSpaceRatingMod[CPU Trait] ground pass decision modifier based on rating of spaces / area in the fieldSame as aboveSame as above
TraitSpeedDribblerSprintSafetyForStart[CPU Trait] sprint safety ratingLess careful, more likely to sprint with the ball to beat pass opponentsMore careful, less likely to sprint with the ball to beat pass opponents
TraitSpeedDribblerSprintSafetyForStopSame as aboveSame as aboveSame as above
TraitSwitchFlankMinRatingMod[CPU Trait] minimum rating modifier (success rate, defenders positioning, etc)More likely to execute switch flank passes (across the field to other winger)Less likely to execute switch flank passes (across the field to other winger)
TraitSwitchFlankMinSpaceMod[CPU Trait] minimum space modifierSame as aboveSame as above
TraitThroughPasserThroughPassMod[CPU Trait] through pass modifiersLess through passesMore through passes

Thanks Citizen!

@Anth James this might help you out to bring out individuality between players and teams even more. I wish this also included team traits/tactics too. So we can go crazy with the amount of lob passes if the team tactics was set to long balls. But with fifaccitiu global edits per team and player, this should make every team play much more differently.

Guys, I got two thing that I want to try but don’t know if it’s actually possible.
1. Opening old fifas gameplay files (FIFA 16-17). Don’t know if it’s possible or if someone managed to do it yet.
2. Make male players use female animations and general gameplay logic. I can do that by switching players gender in the DB so male play like female. The problem is that when doing this, male players also have female bodies. Maybe, @fifaccitiu.com you know how to do that and avoid body issues?

Guys, I got two thing that I want to try but don’t know if it’s actually possible.
1. Opening old fifas gameplay files (FIFA 16-17). Don’t know if it’s possible or if someone managed to do it yet.
2. Make male players use female animations and general gameplay logic. I can do that by switching players gender in the DB so male play like female. The problem is that when doing this, male players also have female bodies. Maybe, @fifaccitiu.com you know how to do that and avoid body issues?
About the first point, if that was possible, it would be revolutionary. But afaik, EBX editing was only introduced since FIFA 20 so you might need to do memory/cheat engine hack. Maybe @Paul-v might know more about this.

About the first point, if that was possible, it would be revolutionary. But afaik, EBX editing was only introduced since FIFA 20 so you might need to do memory/cheat engine hack. Maybe @Paul-v might know more about this.
Yep, I searched for tools but only things possible are mostly DB editing and texture import. I think it would be revolutionary but at the same time, when I looked at Fifa 20 gp files, they were almost the same as fifa 23. The only difference is that fifa 23 has more of them. So it may be useless, hard to know without seeing them.

1. Fifa 16 has the gameplayattribdb.bin, but still no one has decoded it...
2. I think animations are fully linked to 3d bodies, so that's why you can't do that.

Why would anyone want to go back to decode gameplayattribdb.bin now?

Does anyone know what controls the threshold on how long they should sprint when dribbling? The AI is through on goal but decided to stop sprinting to let me catch up to him. He had enough pace to get on goal but just started dribbling slowly allowing me to easily take the ball. I tried changing both dribblingSafetyMaxSprint and dribblingSafetyMinSprint on gp_ai_dribblingdecision but doesn't seem to do much(maybe i don't know what values i should put there. I tried 0 and 999 to see any difference on the y-axis). Here's a video showcasing the issue:

Does anyone know what controls the threshold on how long they should sprint when dribbling? The AI is through on goal but decided to stop sprinting to let me catch up to him. He had enough pace to get on goal but just started dribbling slowly allowing me to easily take the ball. I tried changing both dribblingSafetyMaxSprint and dribblingSafetyMinSprint on gp_ai_dribblingdecision but doesn't seem to do much(maybe i don't know what values i should put there. I tried 0 and 999 to see any difference on the y-axis). Here's a video showcasing the issue:

Typically tied to acceleration in my experience. If the acceleration min/max are higher you get a more aggressive cpu behaviour. Could be other ways to offset this though possibly.

The way behaviour is so tied into speed is such a frustrating element of the game.

That’s related to acceleration boosts most likely.

Is there no way to change this with cpu_dribbledecision?
I’ll need to look at it cause I don’t remember the actual values names but I definitely saw some more ball holding by the AI when dribbling after editing those space and movement lines.

I’ll need to look at it cause I don’t remember the actual values names but I definitely saw some more ball holding by the AI when dribbling after editing those space and movement lines.
Do they randomly stop sprinting when they are through on goal?

There are a few issues I can point out:
  • Looks like a problem of sprint and dribbling speed not syncing. In this case player speed seems to be faster than dribbling. But in the video it looks like ballhandler is just jogging instead of sprinting with the ball
  • Could also be a problem of CPU dribbling (safety/aggressive) decision making
  • I've seen this issue aswell when people use Slow gameplay mode instead of Normal one

There are a few issues I can point out:
  • Looks like a problem of sprint and dribbling speed not syncing. In this case player speed seems to be faster than dribbling. But in the video it looks like ballhandler is just jogging instead of sprinting with the ball
  • Could also be a problem of CPU dribbling (safety/aggressive) decision making
  • I've seen this issue aswell when people use Slow gameplay mode instead of Normal one
I am going to play around with the safety/aggressive and the sprint table to see if i can fix the issue. I did lower the min for the sprint speed so I guess that introduced this bug.

I am going to play around with the safety/aggressive and the sprint table to see if i can fix the issue. I did lower the min for the sprint speed so I guess that introduced this bug.
Looks like raising the min for the sprint speed did indeed fix the bug. I guess AI logic for attacking and dribbling is heavily tied on the min speed.

I guess back to using Cheat Engine and Speedhack to slow the game down without ruining AI.
Some people say that the game needs to be played at in game fast speed to actually see the most efficient AI. I’ll maybe experiment with this. Like fast speed but slowed down animations. Don’t know what the result would be tbh

Some people say that the game needs to be played at in game fast speed to actually see the most efficient AI. I’ll maybe experiment with this. Like fast speed but slowed down animations. Don’t know what the result would be tbh
I wish there was a global speed modifier for the entire game. That way, everything scales properly to that speed.

The AI difficulty is directly tied to the game general speed. Just the way it is unfortunately. I always had my hunches after years of working on this stuff and then got it confirmed after I was given certain... leakage code.

The AI difficulty is directly tied to the game general speed. Just the way it is unfortunately. I always had my hunches after years of working on this stuff and then got it confirmed after I was given certain... leakage code.
I'm lucky to not be good against AI. Playing on professional suits me well personally, I dare to say it's not a bad experience even on vanilla gameplay and default sliders, but on full manual controls.

I was happily playing on 5/5 sprint speed on default game speed but then it was pointed out to me that the sprint speed slider only affects off the ball, so I had to scrap 5/5 because obviously in theory when on the ball I'm dribbling at 50 speed and the CPU are running at 5 speed. Been on slow 50/50 ever since. I tried 50/50 on default and it was too easy? For me it's tougher on slow and 50/50 vs 50/50 on default 😂.

I think the less responsive feeling in my own defending on slow is probably one of the main reasons? On default it felt like fastest team wins. Leverkusen are rather fast in fairness, but it felt way too easy. Maybe I'll try it out again if slow becomes too easy, but it's been more of a challenge so far 😅 Also in one of the games on default, the opposition (Betis) got a red card midway through the 1st half, but it ended 9-1 from what I remember, Legendary difficulty and FUMA controls.

Last edited:
Hi guys! Could someone tell me where the files are located to change the gameplay of Volta? In this path Fifa --> Attribulator --> Gameplay --> Groups. there is only one Volta file but it does not modify the gameplay at all. Thank you!

Hi guys! Could someone tell me where the files are located to change the gameplay of Volta? In this path Fifa --> Attribulator --> Gameplay --> Groups. there is only one Volta file but it does not modify the gameplay at all. Thank you!
smallsided is what you need to change. BUT you must be offline too, otherwise your changes will be overwritten.

1683745517098.png

Back
Top Bottom