hatesince97

Serie A
21 February 2022
Italy
AC Milan
My project-1 (1).png

FIFA 23 Evoweb gameplay lab thread

Hi folks!

Since we're a few modders working on the gameplay i thought it could be a good idea to share our knowledge and findings.

First evoweb gameplay lab was started by @papinho81 for FIFA 20, so i just took it as an example to continue the community work with FIFA 23.

I'd say we should focus on 3 main topics which are : EBX files, database editing and locale.ini. I would avoid sliders talk since they are already discussed in the FIFA 23 console version thread and usually break gameplay mods.

I think we can start by sharing our findings here and then group everything into a google spreadsheet to keep things organised and easy to access for everyone.

I'm not against the idea of developing a common "evoweb gameplay" project all together after we find a good amount of people contributing to it. That would be the final achievement of the community research.

We all know that gameplay development can take a lot of time and be frustrating at times, so let's try to improve things together.

TUTORIAL

For people who may wanna start looking at gameplay files. You need to download FMT or FET and access the following path : Fifa --> Attribulator --> Gameplay --> Groups. There's a huge amount of values to look at. Some of the names are self explanatory, other need some digging to be understood. The aim would be to know exactly what each value is responsible for.

Thanks to anyone who may be interested to participate and share his findings.

Last edited:
Great idea. I have looked into the values in the location you mentioned. A LOT of variables but community involvement will make understanding and tweaking these values easier.
Thanks

Good work man. Personally, I find just the conversational aspect of it the most helpful instead of it being too structured. I'm not the most organised person in the world haha.

Any particular area you're looking into at the moment or anything you're trying to figure out? Maybe we can go from there?

Thanks mate. Sure, i like the conversational aspect too. Just consider this thread as a place where we can discuss, share and improve any gameplay related aspects together.

I was looking at two things this afternoon. At first, crosses. And then, physics. I think that gp_physics section has a lot we can explore. tbh, i like crap games with lots of errors both from user and cpu and i think some values inside it can make the game to be more physics based. I'd be interested to see how this could affect aerial duels as an example. I think pes aerial duels physics are really good, i was trying to reproduce something approximately similar.

I have a question please: what file has aspects to tweak as locale?
I am experimenting in InitFS Editor section in Tools in FET (FIFA Editing Tool) and can not find CPU parameters to change gameplay.
Any insight on that?

I am experimenting in InitFS Editor section in Tools in FET (FIFA Editing Tool) and can not find CPU parameters to change gameplay.
Any insight on that?
Look inside product.ini and ai default.ini

Thanks mate. Sure, i like the conversational aspect too. Just consider this thread as a place where we can discuss, share and improve any gameplay related aspects together.

I was looking at two things this afternoon. At first, crosses. And then, physics. I think that gp_physics section has a lot we can explore. tbh, i like crap games with lots of errors both from user and cpu and i think some values inside it can make the game to be more physics based. I'd be interested to see how this could affect aerial duels as an example. I think pes aerial duels physics are really good, i was trying to reproduce something approximately similar.
Sounds good! Yeah the physics area is something I've spent a lot more time in this time around. Default FIFA has no strength in the interactions, players slide off each other and barely even get close enough to each other most of the time.

Any insight on that?
1. FET can't properly modify locale.ini. Do not bother trying.
2. All the "parameters" are not found in the vanilla initfs "files". You will need to HxD the EXE and understand what configurations work.

Thanks for starting this thread. I was going to restart my video tutorial series at some point. I have no idea what would be most useful to you guys though?

Thanks for starting this thread. I was going to restart my video tutorial series at some point. I have no idea what would be most useful to you guys though?
That’s great! tbh, anything that you may find useful to share. Being ebx, locale or whatever man

Sounds good! Yeah the physics area is something I've spent a lot more time in this time around. Default FIFA has no strength in the interactions, players slide off each other and barely even get close enough to each other most of the time.
Exactly! I want players to be heavy and not easy to control as I think in real life only some of them can actually dribble or perform actions without errors.

Guys, what's your understanding of cpuai_predictionpoints?
I'm not sure about their role but one line is called "PredictionPointMinMovementDelta" and it's responsible for AI waiting time in doing something. All delta values are about how much time AI will wait and think before doing something.

I'm not sure about their role but one line is called "PredictionPointMinMovementDelta" and it's responsible for AI waiting time in doing something. All delta values are about how much time AI will wait and think before doing something.
Yeah I’m trying to figure out if it’s dribbling prediction or passing maybe..

AttribSchema_gp_cpuai_cpuaipredictionpoints

PredictionPointMinMovementDelta

Code:
"This contributes to how much the dribbler wants to move the ball forward. Increasing the value should reduce how much the dribbler passes backward."

PredictionPointMaxMovementDistance
Code:
"This value represents how much the dribbler considers to be a lot of movement. Increasing this value will make the dribbler less sensitive about moving the ball forward or backward. Conversely, if you decrease this value then the dribbler will be more careful about passing the ball back, or passing it forward."

PredictionPointMaxSpaceDistance
Code:
"When calculating prediction points, this value is used to determine what at value a player considers to have the optimim amount of space. For example. if this value is 70 feet, the player will consider his space rating to be 1.0 if there is no defender closer than 70 feet from him. Dependant on AttackPace."

Code:
"This contributes to how much the dribbler wants to move the ball forward. Increasing the value should reduce how much the dribbler passes backward."

Code:
"This value represents how much the dribbler considers to be a lot of movement. Increasing this value will make the dribbler less sensitive about moving the ball forward or backward. Conversely, if you decrease this value then the dribbler will be more careful about passing the ball back, or passing it forward."

Code:
"When calculating prediction points, this value is used to determine what at value a player considers to have the optimim amount of space. For example. if this value is 70 feet, the player will consider his space rating to be 1.0 if there is no defender closer than 70 feet from him. Dependant on AttackPace."
This is great. Thanks man!

Code:

Code:

Code:
Thanks Paul, very helpful.

How do you increase the gap between fast players and slow players when it comes to sprinting and acceleration? I have tried editing gp_actor_movement_runtime especially with ATTR_SprintSpeedTbl and ATTR_SprintAccelerationTbl but it makes no difference when setting it all to 0.

How do you increase the gap between fast players and slow players when it comes to sprinting and acceleration? I have tried editing gp_actor_movement_runtime especially with ATTR_SprintSpeedTbl and ATTR_SprintAccelerationTbl but it makes no difference when setting it all to 0.
Aren’t players standing still when setting all to 0?

Nope, they move at their normal pace.
You should also try min max speed values. But be careful because if you decrease them too much, defenders will jog instead of sprint. Other than that, you can also look at gp_player/attribute. And also acceleration boosts inside movement_runtime.

Who would have thought?! 😉
Love to see, maybe my feeling is wrong, when “competition” brings a product to new heights. Not saying more. I’m thankful. 🤗 you guys rock! 🤘

Hello, I meant how to increase aggression. I remember that hatesince97, months ago, released a different gameplay where the cpu committed fouls. For me it was more realistic. Thank you

Hey guys, did anyone figured out any way to adjust team styles/tactics more? For example, I want teams with long balls, make more lob passes. Is it even possible yet to do that with EBX editing or through Locale.ini?

Back
Top Bottom