FIFA 18 (Console Versions)

Lol. It seems You have the same feeling as me when i play FIFA 09. Because Its yours first FIFA from years and you dont have any experiance with this title dont worry your hype will gone for maximum 4 month of playing ;) Good luck Pes 5/6 lover.

I'd take four months of enjoying a football game in a heartbeat! Haven't done that since ... PES 6? ;)

My first impressions after one game is it feels quicker than the demo, but the passing still feels very scripted.

My main concern though so far is that the game seems easier than FIFA 17, since the game seems easier to anticipate and intercept CPU passes.

First game (Madrid derby) felt horrible. No weight to the ball at all, it was weird.

A few more games and it felt a bit better. A little closer to the demo, although there does seem to be a difference and im not too impressed overall.

I tried a game on assisted because I was finding manual a little tricky and the pin point accuracy I was capable of was laughable. I'm not surprised some people see the game as being fast this way.

First game (Madrid derby) felt horrible. No weight to the ball at all, it was weird.

A few more games and it felt a bit better. A little closer to the demo, although there does seem to be a difference and im not too impressed overall.

I tried a game on assisted because I was finding manual a little tricky and the pin point accuracy I was capable of was laughable. I'm not surprised some people see the game as being fast this way.

Is the full game out?

The game has absolutely no midfield, Just going back and forth like a basketball match, Then either one of the defences will part at the middle or a 2 v1 situation on the wing resulting in a tap in.

Will mess with the sliders a little but it looks samey to me

Played a few more matches in CM with Liverpool tonight and one exhibition match between Lazio and Milan. It's pretty fine, I think, but haven't had any real AHA! moments. Tried steady buildup and finding defenses too logjammed, and not seeing much variation in the AI style. It's breakneck football in terms of teams' approach, but I didn't feel like the speed was overwhelming. Again, I didn't really play the demo too much, but I might go back later and play a few. There's certainly something different with the feel as far as player control goes, but hard to say if that's having any impact at all. Looking forward to the slider wizards' work, but through about six matches total it's pretty similar to 17.

I'm the only one who think this game is really great?
-IA on pro is very good, so much better than 2017
-the speed of the game is perfect on Saison mode, slow and on every match I have a battle in midfield
-HDR is sometimes really wierd because the screen is to dark
- Gk in retail game are good, they were very bad on the demo
I player 7 matchs with Real, Liverpool, Man United, Olympique Lyonnais, France national team, Barcelone, no bugs.
Carriere mode could be really great and deep this year

I just got EA access and FIFA 18 trial.
I go into the game and kick off, once I click on play match it nothing happens.
It just freezes with music going still in the background.

Anyone ? :CURSE:

p.s.
Windows 10 PRO
R9 280x
DirectX12 selected

Demo worked perfectly with these settings...

p.s.
Windows 10 PRO
R9 280x
DirectX12 selected

Don't edit anything before the game, line up, weather etc. Just play the match and it'll load.

p.s.
Windows 10 PRO
R9 280x
DirectX12 selected

Posted the fix earlier - You can't change your team.. You have to play default players and tactics, make one change and the game won't load.

Had a lot of fun with this last night. Started a career mode with Chelsea on legendary, 6 min halves, legacy defending.

It's a bit attack orientated but you can create some lovely moves with morata, Pedro, Hazard linking up and fabregeas pulling all the strings. Every game felt different as well so many random moments including from the AI.

Still need to get used to the dribbling as Hazard doesn't feel as deadly as he does in real life think it's just me being a bit rubbish though.

Have they fixed the finesse shot from outside the box exploit? Tried it a bit yesterday, it's really far too effective.

Regarding midfield play, or lack of it. I get that there should be some, obviously, but how realistic do we really want the game to be? To the point where we'd have to play 2 X 45 minutes to score a goal? I realize that might be perfect for some, but for me personally, I wouldn't have time or patience for it. Attack attack attack all the time is of course too much, but I think if you can spread out the regular shot stats from a normal football game, roughly, out over 12-15 minutes in a video game, get realistic looking goals and realistic scorelines, that will contribute to the overall realism aspect, only condensed down to 12-15 minutes. Ok, so we lose a lot of dicking about in midfield, and maybe there needs to be some more of it, but overall, I think it's good that we don't have to play say ten minutes to create a half chance against a team sitting back. That's just my opinion though, obviously. :)

Didn't try a lot of finesse shots but had one with Hazard just outside the box and he skied it.

I think the game works well with 6 min halves in terms of chances created and if you want 10/15 min halves there is sliders to tweak it.

Didn't try a lot of finesse shots but had one with Hazard just outside the box and he skied it.

I think the game works well with 6 min halves in terms of chances created and if you want 10/15 min halves there is sliders to tweak it.

Thanks! :) I meant 12 min matches, so 6 min halves is perfect for me. Would love to hear some more feedback on the finesse shots and shots from outside the box in general, they're a tad too easy to score from in the demo, in my opinion. :)

Could someone please post a video with the goalnet tension on loose? I have a feeling that all videos I have seen from FIFA 18, the net tension settings are on tight.

Back
Top Bottom