FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

If you actually went back and played the demo you'd see the AI's decision making in possession is completely different from the full game and frankly much more enjoyable to play vs. I've played around with the full game trying to get that back but it's just not working, I really hate the fact the style of play is almost identical to FIFA15.

It's bizarre really, I've been playing the demo with 68 pass error and using a long ball tactic the CBs are constantly booting it up to the strikers. In the full game they just won't do it at all with the same sliders.

In basically every other area the full game and the demo are the same, but yeah...

Last edited:
If you actually went back and played the demo you'd see the AI's decision making in possession is completely different from the full game and frankly much more enjoyable to play vs. I've played around with the full game trying to get that back but it's just not working, I really hate the fact the style of play is almost identical to FIFA15.

It's bizarre really, I've been playing the demo with 68 pass error and using a long ball tactic the CBs are constantly booting it up to the strikers. In the full game they just won't do it at all with the same sliders.

In basically every other area the full game and the demo are the same, but yeah...

What does it matter the full game is excellent and worthy contender for best footie game of all time..

Never felt the need to tweak the sliders and after relentless play since launch,dare I say even the mighty pes5 didn't offer this level of play..

I can only gauge from playing manual and between pro and wc difficulties but I find the cpu will play as ruthlessly and with as much cunning as a good human player.

So much divulging and gestating of what is a very advanced and forward thinking game even out of the box.

Has it come to the point now where something this complete lands in are laps yet we still feel there's something missing or wrong.

I could Wright paragraphs and paragraphs about this game..the way body and foot position are so pivatol and how sloppy quick passing results in balls spinning short..the amazing dribbling mechanics,balls physics and how player movement both defensively and in all areas of the park are so well reflected as is light touch and clever shielding of the ball..the defensive mechanics are excellent and now winning the ball is how it should be hard.

For me this is a megatron and that goofy planet no gravity game of old is gone..even the body shapes and faces are excellent now.All this is coupled with very dynamic gameplay.

Last edited:
I sware a lot of folks just haven't given this game it's time or due..a little less tweaking and a lot more enjoying me thinks..fifa16 plays nothing like fifa15 it's like comparing apples to oranges.

For me and without getting into comparisons Fifa now has become the game I thought Konami would be making 25 years down the line not ea.

Last edited:
There are a number of intriguing ini settings on PC:

AI_USE_MORALE_EFFECTS=1
AI_USE_TEAM_CHEMISTRY=1
ALLOW_TACKLE_FROM_BEHIND_WHEN_AGGRESSIVE=1
CPUAI_USE_ATTRIBUTES=1
CPUAI_USE_DIFFICULTY=0
CPUAI_USE_MENTALITY=1
CPUAI_USE_TRAITS=1
USE_HOME_AND_AWAY_EFFECT_FOR_PLAYER_ATTRIBUTES=1

[CPUAI]
HOME_DIFFICULTY=1.00
AWAY_DIFFICULTY=2.00
HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=1.00
AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=1.00
HOME_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=1.00
AWAY_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=1.00

First match playing with those settings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOpsLPzDHXk

I was very lucky not to concede early on as QPR were very strong in attack but also lucky to score and then it seems some of the will left QPR as the match progressed, was actually a title decider as I was 12 points ahead of QPR with 4 matches remaining including that one.

I've played a couple of matches now with these tweaks and there's definitely something different about how it plays out, it's like the team is as strong or as weak as the individuals that make up the team, very interesting to play.

heres just a couple of pro club goals ive scored. the first one was one of the most satifysing ive scored, the way the initial outside foot lob that seems to take an age to drop, then my team mate turning his man and putting the ball right across the box for a first time hit. so beautiful :PINKS:

(full manual of course, its a manual club)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqkFKK-izbs

Any body else having trouble taking first time shots in the box? It seems like most of the time I get on the end of a cross or a pass or a 50-50 ball, that's not a header, my guy takes a touch, sometimes with his chest, sometimes with his boot, instead of shooting first time. Is it a timing issue or something on my end; any one else with the same problem?

I haven't played enough yet to say it with certainty but can tell you that I HAVE had my players take first time shots inside the box. So not an issue for me so far.

Anyone has tips on this? really getting into my head now lol

There is no way. They simply are not in. Really really sad about this.
Most shots will go into the top corner, when going 1 on 1 with the keeper you can press the shoot button multiple times to do a low shot, but it does not work on longer distances.

You do see - few - low shot but all of them are dipping shot.
I really miss that power driven low shot that beat the keeper.
No idea why this is gone, must have something to do with changes to the shooting mechanics?

ive upped the speed to normal as slow was even a bit too slow for my liking but ive had to drop down to semi pro. I was getting spanked on pro!

On first game on semi i beat Milan as chelsea 2-0 but it was a really even game.

Guys I play on ps4 and post patch the game seems easier and a little faster. Anyone on ps4 noticed the same?

Yes - I feel the same on PS4.

I am new to Fifa and had started a Premier League with West Brom. I probably did myself no favours by playing on Pro level when I was totally new to the game and made an horrendous start to the season gaining only a couple of points in my opening 8 games. Last night I played 3 league games and won all 3. The game did seem a little bit faster too and my players seemed a little more responsive and I played more dynamic football than I ever did before.

I am no expert so no doubt others will say that there are no changes but I just felt like the game was not as 'heavy' as prior to the patch meaning that everything felt more responsive and a little zippier all over the pitch.

Well,

had a few FUT online games yesterday and for the first time I felt some frustration.
Had 2 games in a row in where 2 penalties were called against me.
I didn´t slide nor haven´t I used the pull/push button in the box.
I just used the pressure and CPU pressure button.
My defender was trying to get the ball, pushed the attacker slightly, he fell down and FOUL!

This is painful.
If not to use the normal tackle/contain button in the box to prevent fouls, what to do else?
Just use the analogue stick to get in the way?
In PES you get penalties only when you slide or double tap in the box, right?
Well, in FIFA I don´t know how to defend else in the box.

Fouls should only be called on tackles or slides that go wrong.
It was like that my opponent was using this on purpose.

Was 0:2 down in the first half and made it to 1:2 only.

The same crap happened in the following match.

Either the defenders act too strong or they don´t react at all.
Had Lescott in the box in front of an attacker.
I was holding down X (PS3 Controller) to contain and used the left stick to move into directions.
The opponent striker easily could go past him and make a shot.
Lescott didn´t react at all even I was foreseeing the opponent´s move and pushed the stick to the right direction, but Lescott wouldn´t react.
I was lucky that my keeper caught the ball.

Defending seems better than last year but still there is something that needs to be done.

Despite the crap mentioned above the matches have been fun all in all, though.

Well,

had a few FUT online games yesterday and for the first time I felt some frustration.
Had 2 games in a row in where 2 penalties were called against me.
I didn´t slide nor haven´t I used the pull/push button in the box.
I just used the pressure and CPU pressure button.
My defender was trying to get the ball, pushed the attacker slightly, he fell down and FOUL!

This is painful.
If not to use the normal tackle/contain button in the box to prevent fouls, what to do else?
Just use the analogue stick to get in the way?
In PES you get penalties only when you slide or double tap in the box, right?
Well, in FIFA I don´t know how to defend else in the box.

Fouls should only be called on tackles or slides that go wrong.
It was like that my opponent was using this on purpose.

Was 0:2 down in the first half and made it to 1:2 only.

The same crap happened in the following match.

Either the defenders act too strong or they don´t react at all.
Had Lescott in the box in front of an attacker.
I was holding down X (PS3 Controller) to contain and used the left stick to move into directions.
The opponent striker easily could go past him and make a shot.
Lescott didn´t react at all even I was foreseeing the opponent´s move and pushed the stick to the right direction, but Lescott wouldn´t react.
I was lucky that my keeper caught the ball.

Defending seems better than last year but still there is something that needs to be done.

Despite the crap mentioned above the matches have been fun all in all, though.

Yeah I've given away a few penalties due to very sloppy decisions. But then I've also been awarded a few too, so it evens out. Honestly though, having Hummels and Boateng at the back does help - their standing and sliding tackle stats are so high that chances are they won't give away freekicks or penalties, unless you're purposely diving in or trying to give one away. I always check out player ratings on FUThead.com prior to signing anyone, too.

I'm currently in Division 7 having had 3 straight promotions and 2 titles online. Believe me, I get frustrated almost every single game and want to smash the controller at some point. It's no good for my health this game, but it's damn addictive wanting to beat some random from around the globe. I'm hardly a fantastic player, I can't do the skills very well and my tactical defending isn't that up to scratch, but when I try to play using my footballing brain and it pays off, it's so, so rewarding.

Yeah I've given away a few penalties due to very sloppy decisions. But then I've also been awarded a few too, so it evens out. Honestly though, having Hummels and Boateng at the back does help - their standing and sliding tackle stats are so high that chances are they won't give away freekicks or penalties, unless you're purposely diving in or trying to give one away. I always check out player ratings on FUThead.com prior to signing anyone, too.

I'm currently in Division 7 having had 3 straight promotions and 2 titles online. Believe me, I get frustrated almost every single game and want to smash the controller at some point. It's no good for my health this game, but it's damn addictive wanting to beat some random from around the globe. I'm hardly a fantastic player, I can't do the skills very well and my tactical defending isn't that up to scratch, but when I try to play using my footballing brain and it pays off, it's so, so rewarding.

There are sliding tackle stats??
I guess I should check on Hummels and Boateng then :).
But they won´t match my team chemistry, as they are neither English or in the barclay´s league.

I´m gonna check on FUThead.com, thanx for the tip.

And yeah you´re right. It´s really addictive.
If my comp wouldn´t have crashed I´d probably came to bed quite late.

Guys I play on ps4 and post patch the game seems easier and a little faster. Anyone on ps4 noticed the same?

Re-download the game, I had the same issue and this fixed the game for me. It was unplayable before. Now it is exactly as the demo.

Yes - I feel the same on PS4.

I am new to Fifa and had started a Premier League with West Brom. I probably did myself no favours by playing on Pro level when I was totally new to the game and made an horrendous start to the season gaining only a couple of points in my opening 8 games. Last night I played 3 league games and won all 3. The game did seem a little bit faster too and my players seemed a little more responsive and I played more dynamic football than I ever did before.

I am no expert so no doubt others will say that there are no changes but I just felt like the game was not as 'heavy' as prior to the patch meaning that everything felt more responsive and a little zippier all over the pitch.

The patch has messed up some things, I was feeling the same way and deleting and downloading it again solved it for me.

Re-download the game, I had the same issue and this fixed the game for me. It was unplayable before. Now it is exactly as the demo.

No I can't go through the same process and download 20gb again. All i did is changing the sliders a little bit, sprint speed at 49 and accelerationt at 47. I think that now is ok. But game has changed in terms of speed, no doubt about that

There are sliding tackle stats??
I guess I should check on Hummels and Boateng then :).
But they won´t match my team chemistry, as they are neither English or in the barclay´s league.

I´m gonna check on FUThead.com, thanx for the tip.

And yeah you´re right. It´s really addictive.
If my comp wouldn´t have crashed I´d probably came to bed quite late.

http://www.futhead.com/16/players/93/mats-hummels/

Standing tackle 87
Sliding tackle 86

Good stats.

Yeah I had a French side with Mangala and Laporte at the back and decided I needed to beef it up a bit. Was between Silva and Luiz or Hummels and Boateng. Went with the latter due to their workrates being better for defenders. Then took out Matuidi as the CDM and put Lahm there and took out Lloris as the keeper for Leno (both 84 rated). Full 10/10 chemistry on everyone bar the right back Aurier, who's a 7.

Team%20New_zpsfnrhtwdt.jpg

I've also just bought Douglas Costa for my RM position. 90 pace and 94 acceleration and 5* skills. I just need to work around getting the individual chemistry up now because I've got all 10's except for him, Griezmann and Lacazette, who are all on 8's.

It's worth doing the squad builder on FUThead.com so you can work out who can go where and see the chemistry.

What would deleting and redownloading change? It'd download the same patch again afterwards.

The placebos are strong this year...

Rage quits are so 2014. I imagine LVG probably wants to delete and reinstall football right now.

To be fair, I felt like the game had sped up a little bit the other night, but then realised I was offline and the patch hadn't even started downloading. It's just the nature of being hypersensitive to football games these days, looking for some major reason when there's any slight change in anything.

Last edited:
What would deleting and redownloading change? It'd download the same patch again afterwards.

Chris - I would be interested to hear your views once you get the patch for Xbox.

I read loads of your posts when the game first released which convinced me to give Fifa a try after being a PES man since the days of ISS Pro. Your idealisms seemed in line with mine in terms of wanting a game that challenged you to think like a footballer in order to get the best out of the game rather than some ridiculous pace or skill exploit. I get more joy out of scoring a goal which has its roots in reality rather than some 30 yard screamer that can be achieved with a simple button press like in Fifa games of the past.

As I said in my other post - I am new to Fifa but I did feel that the patch changed things a little - it just felt more responsive. Of course it may just be that I am getting better at the game so am able to put together more dynamic football now that I have started to lose the old muscle memory from PES and adpated to the controls for Fifa. However I don't think it is simply this - I just felt that there was more movement on the pitch from both my players and the AI which opened up the game a little more.

I may be wrong - let me know once you get the patch.

It would change in the sense that the patch is already included in the same file you download whereas applying the patch directly to your saved game files messes everything up. It is not a placebo. Slow was feeling like normal before, I can can guarantee you that, default sliders were unplayable. Now it feels like a simulation. I'm playing legendary with default sliders and I'm not feeling cheated.

There are a number of intriguing ini settings on PC:

AI_USE_MORALE_EFFECTS=1
AI_USE_TEAM_CHEMISTRY=1
ALLOW_TACKLE_FROM_BEHIND_WHEN_AGGRESSIVE=1
CPUAI_USE_ATTRIBUTES=1
CPUAI_USE_DIFFICULTY=0
CPUAI_USE_MENTALITY=1
CPUAI_USE_TRAITS=1
USE_HOME_AND_AWAY_EFFECT_FOR_PLAYER_ATTRIBUTES=1

[CPUAI]
HOME_DIFFICULTY=1.00
AWAY_DIFFICULTY=2.00
HOME_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=1.00
AWAY_OFFENSE_DIFFICULTY=1.00
HOME_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=1.00
AWAY_DEFENSE_DIFFICULTY=1.00

Not sure what the default for those is (obviously they exist on console problem is accessing them to know what they're set at. the 0/1 switches above are what I'm going to try, in theory it should provide the most real version of each team I face as how they play will be purely based on the team and the players, good teams should be hard to beat, bad teams should be easy to beat, and that should even break down to one on one challenges, if I see the CPU is playing a weak player in a certain position I should attack that position because they won't be boosted by any difficulty setting I'm playing under.

Placebo, be careful with this; even the most experienced modders are unsure how exactly this works so maybe it would be best not to mess with this codes...

Back
Top Bottom