FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Re: Fifa 15: Any info yet?

All these little graphical touches will mean nothing if they don't bring decent AI and good ball physics. I won't hold my breath for those.

"Emotional Intelligence" ffs :LOL: . I'll put that one on a par with the altitude 'feature' from World Cup 2010. Remember that?

Rutter looked like he didn't do any prep for that presentation but put on a clean shirt. FIFA team are incredibly confident these days.

These additions look great, and I'm psyched for hopefully some real next-gen visuals, but it won't be enough if all the pretty stuff isn't accompanied with some improved AI. I'll be pissed if they don't at least tighten up the defense, especially along the backline.

At least they're finally doing something about team tactics, though it doesn't sound like it'll be the overhaul it deserves.

That part made me laugh:
Playing a match on a specific footballer's birthday will unlock a mini-game in which the gamer must sing 'Happy Birthday' into their headset or risk a transfer request being handed in.

Imagine it was real :LOL:.

It would be even better if we had a mini-game where we bought a cake for the player who has a birthday. Then he wouldn't hand in a transfer request. Oh wait...

Last edited:

Visuals look acceptable, the problem is that they didn't say anything about AI & Stamina system, so we'll once again see the 2 CB's "buttsex"-ing each others and mindless high presure chickens (like every team is Atletico in this game) for 90 minutes every single game. Oh, and did I forget the fact that probably crossed will be OP aswell, not to mention that players still don't have enough personality, I bet Benteke can almost pull off the same through balls as Xavi no problem.

Last edited:

It would be even better if we had a mini-game where we bought a cake for the player who has a birthday. Then he wouldn't hand in a transfer request. Oh wait...
Don't say it too loud, otherwise they might aswell do it. And of course, you'd have to pay real money to have the virtual cake delivered to the virtual player.

I got excited when i saw the goal posts with their own physics, I've been clamoring for that in a game for ages but never thought it would get considered.

Hopefully the even more improved upon Ball physics that we apparently get every year mean the ball now no longer gathers speed and infinitely rolls out of play from long balls and lofted trough balls.

it seeems fifa will win it before the battle even starts...

all these clips are so amazing and so promising.

now let's see what konami has to offer. and i hope it must be something good.

all these clips are so amazing and so promising.

now let's see what konami has to offer. and i hope it must be something good.

How you can know it? I think FIFA's hegemony is near finish...Im sure Pes with Havok/FOX engines technicaaly will be better than FIFA. It's all about gameplay. We will see :))

Despite coming from years of FIFA (the last PES I bought is 2011, I only played FIFA since) and despite finding FIFA 14 still probably better than PES 2014, I must say that I'm not sure about that.

There used to be a huge gap between FIFA 12 and PES 2012, but with the 2014 installments the gap is noticeably smaller.
PES 2014 kept improving through all the season and is now a pretty solid game (despite some flaws that I hope will be addressed come the next release) and now it's as close to FIFA as it could get on the "old gen" consoles in my opinion.

Both companies now have the real chance to set the new standard of football games, and I really can't choose by now.
I need to see more gameplay videos and maybe try both demos, provided that they don't change everything upon release of the full game (I'm looking at you, EA) and provided that they actually DO release a demo (I'm looking at you, Konami).

well for us costumers its just even better if the two companies are racing with eachother, but seems like PES lacking presentation, quality and in every department...also in GAMEPLAY with was the strongest point of the franchise 7-15yrs ago. Hope they come up with something but looking at the past 7 yrs its unlikely :(

but please prove me wrong :)

/and my fifa vs pes OT thoughts end here /

It's not prehistoric age anymore and you're just some Polish dude who scrammed off when PES 2014 was released @Lons. :LOL:

FIFA 15 even at this stage already has playable version available to press. To be fair, I didn't care about their mumbo-jumbo much, but improving presentation means, they are happy with gameplay (and why shouldn't they be? Next Gen FIFA is heaps and bounds better than CG FIFA from the time I have played it).

They also have complete package out of the box. Working online with FUT/Seasons/Clubs and making back Tournament and Co-Op modes.

Add Be A Pro which is much more funny and immersive than Be a Legend and proper MANAGER mode (presentation of it is on completely unmatched level for any PES, scouting, player valuations which are realistic, injuries!, transfer stories, etc.). Seriously, I doubt PES 2015 will offer anything like that for time being, that's why EA Sports can be very confident of winning for another year.

If they improve tactical awareness of players it will be even better. If Moddingway is still willing to do their stuff on PC like they did, if Matrix DB will be available then sorry, but PES would have to be EPIC to just even look at it. There is no alternative to FIFA.

YouTube - FIFA 14 (PC) | World Cup 2014 - Ep. 4 - Grab the win with your teeth. | HD

If things were possible to get improved on CG FIFA, then damn, can you see modders doing that for NG FIFA? I can.

Indeed, in previous years presentation was not developed on FIFA. Glad to see them improving that.

It looks like that one is already done project, so what next? I guess Career/Gameplay improvements will be made.

Btw skid marks/boots leaving marks. Damn that's so old school. I remember those from Actua Soccer ^^.

Btw skid marks/boots leaving marks. Damn that's so old school. I remember those from Actua Soccer ^^.
Yeah, also footprints on the snow that disappeared after several seconds (trying to simulate other snowflakes covering them, I assume).
Also, confetti in Virtua Striker 2 that got lifted in the air as players ran through them (sorry for the bad quality of the pic but here you can see confetti on the ground, and it's a game from the late 90s).
And dirty kits? FIFA 2004 had them if I recall correctly, so...

I would love to see the same little touches in a modern football game.

I still think the bit at the end of ad looks like 360 or PS3 as the Barca players running towards the camera look terrible. Especially Mascherano.

Indeed, in previous years presentation was not developed on FIFA. Glad to see them improving that.

It looks like that one is already done project, so what next? I guess Career/Gameplay improvements will be made.

You may not think it matters and thats up to you, but i do and i'm paying my bucks for it, so old school or not it's not been done on NG so give it a chance.

You may not think it matters and thats up to you, but i do and i'm paying my bucks for it, so old school or not it's not been done on NG so give it a chance.

Of course it does matter. I never said it doesn't. It makes presentation value rise a lot and brings it closer to real thing.

The only thing that doesn't look quite right to me is the forearm (and the wrist on the other arm), but I really don't know if it's what you mean.

You all know how long i've banged on about the dirt and pitch, i'm just over the fucking moon with this news.

I don't know if it is legit, but this image has appeared in some media

24g5bao.jpg

Back
Top Bottom