FIFA 13

The player switching in this game is terrible compared to previous titles. Defending crosses is harder than ever because of the retarded defensive AI going walkabout or still standing like statues while the striker has a free header at goal.

Sort of related to that, player lock-on as a defender is terrible. It always chooses the most random player to lock onto a ball a forward is locked on. So you may be marking him perfectly, but it chooses a computer defender as the second locked target, leaving you to stand there and watch.

The player switching in this game is terrible compared to previous titles. Defending crosses is harder than ever because of the retarded defensive AI going walkabout or still standing like statues while the striker has a free header at goal.

yeah I noticed that too, if you change the line width to 60 it fixes it, here is a link to some settings if you want to try them

http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176505

Sort of related to that, player lock-on as a defender is terrible. It always chooses the most random player to lock onto a ball a forward is locked on. So you may be marking him perfectly, but it chooses a computer defender as the second locked target, leaving you to stand there and watch.

if you change to manual player selection and runs it works ok unless its the slider settings causing it

Ultimate Team keeps matching me up against people with an entire squad of elite gold players when I only have 9 bronze and 2 silver in my team... Why don't they just have the filters from Seasons mode because they work pretty well...

Just wondering if anybody can offer some tips for using manual controls? I have recently started trying to use them and I am not very good haha!

Also, can anybody offer me some slider settings that can emulate real football as I'm looking to start a new CM, thank you,

Just to let any PC players out there, that the new Nvidia drivers finally sort out the stuttering problems during gameplay and cutscenes.
Even runs stutter free on X4 AA for me

May not work for everyone, but anyone with a PC spec similar to mine should see a big improvement

I7 3770k Stock
GTX560 stock
8GB 1600Mhz

This is by far the worse single player experience on footy games I had this generation. It's a giant turd and has nothing to do with a footy simulation. All the fustrating and irritating problems have gone over the ceiling, from movement to tackling to brainless teammates defending Ai.

It's despairing to ser how all the great technology is wasted in a bad joke of a parody of football. I didnt want the game but it was a gift and I couldnt return it. Tried it some hours and nearly choked. Good lord, how stupid gameplay has become, EA has great technology as I said, the best ball physics and inverted kinetics ever, but they don't have the slightest clue of what to do with it. Shallow gameplay, unexistant movement physics, unexistant dribnlings, no changes of pace, no tactics, all AI matches the same, unexistant deffensive AI of your teammates, unexistant midfield, scripted deflections, counterattack favouring scripts that position strikers always alone to receive and defenders several meters away... It is a very long list of all the important things in a football game.

I hope no one likes single player, because I cant understand how someone can like this and real football at the same time. I hate multiplayer, so wont go much further on my analysis, other than putting my hat off to everything around the game: modes, menus, presentation... It is all great. A shame there is a turd beyind that.

I only play singleplayer and for me Fifa13's is very good, and I watch every EPL match so probably like real football somewhat ;) I think Fifa does a great job of simulating EPL football, I don't watch any other leagues so really don't give a shit if it simulates that kind of football really badly :)

I only play singleplayer and for me Fifa13's is very good, and I watch every EPL match so probably like real football somewhat ;) I think Fifa does a great job of simulating EPL football, I don't watch any other leagues so really don't give a shit if it simulates that kind of football really badly :)

Typical English ignorance.

"Messi sux, he cant PLaY EPl"

"Pirlo shit" *Goes on to burn England at Euros* "That Pirlo guy could be quality"

This is by far the worse single player experience on footy games I had this generation. It's a giant turd and has nothing to do with a footy simulation. All the fustrating and irritating problems have gone over the ceiling, from movement to tackling to brainless teammates defending Ai.

It's despairing to ser how all the great technology is wasted in a bad joke of a parody of football. I didnt want the game but it was a gift and I couldnt return it. Tried it some hours and nearly choked. Good lord, how stupid gameplay has become, EA has great technology as I said, the best ball physics and inverted kinetics ever, but they don't have the slightest clue of what to do with it. Shallow gameplay, unexistant movement physics, unexistant dribnlings, no changes of pace, no tactics, all AI matches the same, unexistant deffensive AI of your teammates, unexistant midfield, scripted deflections, counterattack favouring scripts that position strikers always alone to receive and defenders several meters away... It is a very long list of all the important things in a football game.

I hope no one likes single player, because I cant understand how someone can like this and real football at the same time. I hate multiplayer, so wont go much further on my analysis, other than putting my hat off to everything around the game: modes, menus, presentation... It is all great. A shame there is a turd beyind that.

yeh i find sp gets dull after 1-2 games. I like online, when it works, never!!!

good engine, gfx, modles, physics etc just gotta fix ai

excellent way of summing up how I also feel about FIFA 13.

And I watch a lot of Premier League football. Watch a Prem league game then play this - the game is way, way too fast even with slider changes.

And we shouldnt HAVE TO spend hours messing around with silly sliders - just give us a realistic paced game EA! We dont want your fast, arcade shit.

But the kids love this and will still keep buying it so we'll never see realism come back.

excellent way of summing up how I also feel about FIFA 13.

And I watch a lot of Premier League football. Watch a Prem league game then play this - the game is way, way too fast even with slider changes.

And we shouldnt HAVE TO spend hours messing around with silly sliders - just give us a realistic paced game EA! We dont want your fast, arcade shit.

But the kids love this and will still keep buying it so we'll never see realism come back.
Agree with this also despite me playin a lot of FIFA 13 recently as PES was startin to grate with me a bit.

FIFA is far too fast like and every goal you score seems to be the same. I also dont wanna mess around with sliders all the time.

I haven't played Fifa for maybe 2 months or so with Far Cry 3 and then Assassin's Creed 3 taking up all my time (I tend to only play one game at once) but can't wait to get into it again, will start a new CM once the transfer window update is out with the edited formations from that sports site :)

Im bored with Fifa now- 4 months of it is my longest ever on Fifa.

It seems a chore to play.

See I liked FIFA 08 - FIFA 12 but admit was getting bored of them and scoring same goal every match.

But I had to play them because PES was so bad for many years, only now I love it again.

But FIFA - god damn. Great license, fantastic commentary and presentation but player models still look wrong, kit colours FAR TOO bright, games at night look washed out and strange, every goal feels the same when you score (it hasnt got the PES feeling of scoring a goal - its just "meh, I've scored who cares"), Career Mode is the most unrealistic shit I've ever played - the transfers ruin it i.e. CPU getting players in that they wouldnt in real life.

I haven't played Fifa for maybe 2 months or so with Far Cry 3 and then Assassin's Creed 3 taking up all my time (I tend to only play one game at once) but can't wait to get into it again, will start a new CM once the transfer window update is out with the edited formations from that sports site :)
I didnt play it for a while after startin a CM on day 1. Of course back then the game was buggy and crashed so decided a week or so ago to start a new CM. The game lacks variety, is too fast, there is an over emphasis on strength and I seem to see the CPU score the same goals past me all the time and I pretty much can only score a similar type of goal past it each time.... Also there isnt a huge amount of difference between the way each team plays.

See I liked FIFA 08 - FIFA 12 but admit was getting bored of them and scoring same goal every match.

But I had to play them because PES was so bad for many years, only now I love it again.

But FIFA - god damn. Great license, fantastic commentary and presentation but player models still look wrong, kit colours FAR TOO bright, games at night look washed out and strange, every goal feels the same when you score (it hasnt got the PES feeling of scoring a goal - its just "meh, I've scored who cares"), Career Mode is the most unrealistic shit I've ever played - the transfers ruin it i.e. CPU getting players in that they wouldnt in real life.

First FIFA I bought was the very first one for mega drive II.
I didn't touch it again (due to the excellent PES) until 09 as that's where I feel PES started to lose it.
I then got 12 (as I played pes10 for 2 years as I loved it) But have bought 13 well.
They both have their problems.

yes I loved PES 1 - 6 then became fed up with the series as Konami lost the plot. FIFA was then king of football games FIFA 08 - FIFA 12. But (personally) I have got really fed up of the FIFA series.

Its souless - under all the glitz and glamour the game lacks something.

PES 2013 isnt perfect by any means - it has its faults. But it plays a slower, more realistic, thinking man's game of football.

FIFA has gone back to PACE, SPRINT SPRINT SPRINT, POWER, STRENGTH and its boring as hell.

After playing pes6, all new peses, all latest fifas 11 12 13 I have to say all games are boring. Maybe I played too much but I think real outstanding game should be the one to which you have to back and want to be better all the time. All above have some f**ked up. PES - animations, sound, more. Fifa - cameras, sprint gameplay, more. Old peses - graphic, models of players, not realistic gameplays.
We have to wait for real masterpiece, or, maybe we are getting old and need more advanced gameplay.

I was a PES Player up until PES 2010. I stuck with 2008 and 2009 and then tried the awful 2010.... I couldnt get into FIFA 06 or 07 and I found 08 too frustratin. 09 Was a lot better and continued to improve (IMO) until FIFA 12. FIFA 13 for me is all over the place. Now it does rely on who has the best players and not who play's the best football.

Premiere League atmosphere in FIFA 13 is awesome! General atmosphere in this game is superb. No doubt. To be honest this game is much better than Pes 2013 :/
Only from a presentation perspective for me. In terms of how it plays on the pitch I agree with Benni for the most part.

add me to the "already bored". and i haven't even played that much, too busy with 2k13 as far as sport games are concerned.

Back
Top Bottom