FIFA 13

Definitely more fouls/yellow cards after update. Great to see!

My players rarely if ever picked up cards and for the same reason were almost never SENT off.

Now you can get a yellow card just by using sprint (running into someone from behind) as if you trip them in real life.

Referees give more yellow cards which adds great realism to the game as in real life you rarely see games end up with just 1 yellow card which is what I often had in my previous FIFA experiences.

Definitely more fouls/yellow cards after update. Great to see!

My players rarely if ever picked up cards and for the same reason were almost never SENT off.

Now you can get a yellow card just by using sprint (running into someone from behind) as if you trip them in real life.

Referees give more yellow cards which adds great realism to the game as in real life you rarely see games end up with just 1 yellow card which is what I often had in my previous FIFA experiences.

I've noticed this too:))

I know that.
But gameplay is that what it is so...
And i play with lower teams,but lazy EA Sports dont have chants for small teams,except big leagues (even all of us know that fans are better everywhere except big 5 leagues).

Hi, just wondering whether anybody knows which position is closest to that of the RF/LF position? As I don't know whether to purchase a CF or RW/LW to play in those positions, any help would be appreciated - thank you.

I believe it's technically CF. You have LCM/CM/RCM, so LF/CF/RF is logical. But like Placebo says, it doesn't seem to matter. Which is a shame.

I agree that it's a shame, generally a player who is playing in an unfamiliar position would play very poorly i.e. Rooney playing at CDM, but as you say it doesn't seem to affect players. I still try to keep players in their preferred positions anyway, thanks for your help Placebo and Nerf.

I guess that some decrease in players abilities is applied when you play him outside his prefered position... At least that was programed in old pes games.

Last edited:
How many of you have upped first touch error? Upping that slider setting slows the gameplay down great, and forcefully requires you to pay attention to first touches rather than taking the ball in your stride with ease everytime.

With some absolutely drastic slider changes the game is very, very good. Out of the box? Laughable.

Why ea doesnt redução the speed of the game?
They are not receiving Manuel complains about that?
I dont undertand why them use This super árcade speed in online games...
Its a real shame...

Yesterday I decided on a whim to buy FIFA 13... I could go on about how I think the gameplay is unrealistic yada yada... but I'm just appreciating it for what it is rather that what it isn't at the moment.

As an online package, this game is great - 11vs11, Seasons Mode, Ultimate Team etc. all seem well implemented and functional from my experience so far and I am enjoying it.

Although I think Pro Evo has nicer gameplay, FIFA still fills a void for me this year.

Anyone playing Clubs?

Loaded up FIFA today and there was an update to download for x360.

Anyone know what it fixes? anything to do with CM?

Oh apparently it's nothing:

"You may have noticed a recent update for FIFA 13 on Xbox 360. This update will not change your current experience with the game. The update is unique to XBox 360 users and was deployed to increase compatibility between EA SPORTS FIFA and Xbox Live Marketplace."

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2133171.page

anyone on pc able to play seasons online no problem.

Everytime i try to play or 9/10 times it crahshes/freees after i chose to search opponenet.

Is there any difference in using normal pass vs through pass, with manual controls?
yeah the through pass is harder for the receiver to control, maybe thats cos the cpu expects u to play it into space maybe but i find that this usually results in overhitting the ball in fifa 13 on ps3 anyway, seems like even a soft pass goes full speed

I took a fifa13 save file from my ps3 and brought it over to a friend's house (we play CM together). His ps3 told us the file was not compatible.

Is this normal? it thought we could move a save file from one ps3 to another.

Really hope they add more depth to the tactical side of this game, it'd be great to create a 'system' rather than just a formation i.e. a 4-3-3 that moves to variations of a 3-4-3 when on the ball (which is what I try to do) etc. Additionally greater control over what your players do tactically would be fantastic.

I realise I'm probably being highly unrealistic, but I can dream.

I still find myself conceding sweaty goals when the opposition has a GK, and my full back retreats as far as possible. I suspect this is due to badly written offside rules in the game, as we know you can't be offside from a GK. However,it causes problems when the '2nd phase' of play starts and the fullback is still playing everyone onside

I took a fifa13 save file from my ps3 and brought it over to a friend's house (we play CM together). His ps3 told us the file was not compatible.

Is this normal? it thought we could move a save file from one ps3 to another.

porbably need to sign in with your psnid and then try it

I think i'm done with the game now. I have like 70 hours of gameplay apparently, which is quite a lot for me.

It's a good game with slider alterations but I don't think i'll buy another Fifa game until they alter how the players function when on the ball, or give you the option to. It's too simple, you can keep the ball under constant control without a bad touch, turn with the ball too quickly/easily etc etc. I think attacking needs some work because the defensive aspect of the game is pretty good. First touch is a start, I have to crank it up to 100 to actually have it make a difference though. It compensates for the instant control issue that has been a problem for a while though. There's still no real skill involved after that initial control moment though. As the old saying goes, everybody controls the ball like Messi.

You basically have to keep acceleration high because the players on the ball don't struggle. Lowering acceleration only seems to affect defending. For instance, I have acceleration at 35 and basically you just glide past defenders because you're already running whilst they have to get up to speed.

Changing world - in Manchester City's actual Annual Report summary, they've included the following gem:

"The third most played Club in the world on EA Sports FIFA 12"

Cripes.

Back
Top Bottom