Fifa 11 Xbox 360/PS3

Lol such pedantic bastards trying to see thousands faults in a 30 sec video. if you go down that route you could a write whole book on faults in PES 2011's 6 minute video.

Talking about skating try PES 2008 and even 2009, now that's skating.

Last edited:
And to the complaints. It was a fast break from a saved freekick. England got undone like that in the world cup. Remember? And you even see rela madrid bombing it back. No issue here. It's looking good imo.

Then perhaps they should give us a full half, or a strech of 5 minutes, instead of the one-off, "but, remember when[insert team name here] did exactly that...once?" moments.

As for the video, I wish that they'd played that first exchange between the Madrid players for a bit longer. After Pepe passes the ball, I noticed that that player, upon passing it again, went past the "optimal pass strength" point. I wonder if the guy he passed it to had any trouble trapping the ball.

The rest of the video doesn't really show you anything. Give me a little bit of the "boring" possession play.

Wow you guys are hardcore - I need at least a few minutes of footage to begin analyzing. Early this week for real vids, right?

.....and this is why they haven't bothered to release a video.

Next week will be gamescom with loads of HD vids partnered with loads of impressions (from both journalists and gamers) and they will be able to say whether the improvements are good. Besides the intro/camera sequences and bodytypes the rest of the improvements would be hard to see in a HD vid, let alone the one just posted.

It's not as bad as the PES forum.....but we are getting there! :D

I hope the goalkick accuracy is based on goalkeeper rating, Casillas, Reina, etc should be accurate while the poor goalies should be random punts into space.

Last edited:
I'm outraged by this video because they clearly haven't modelled Santiago very well. They way his hair sticks up is unrealstic, his mole should be in a different place on his cheek, and they've made his t-shirt completely the wrong shade of yellow. And no way is he that good looking in real life, he's a video game dev after all.

Get it right, EA.

There is something wrong with the movement, like there isn't enough momentum (or something) in there. They can turn around so quickly with perfect touches all the time, almost ice hockey-like in the movement. Not sure how to explain it, but it's like they always have high speed and they never have to accelerate again.

The ball physics on the freekick looked much better now and I like that you can push people away with your back towards them and arms back, looks great.

I reacted to this aswell when the defender was dribbling around. It is one of the main causes why the game feels too fast. Most animations and movements are not unrealistically fast, but the base movements are way too quick and fast. Like you say, it doesn't feel like the player slows down, and if he suddenly stops and goes in the reverse direction, it looks almost like he is being pulled by some harness and invisible string. There is nothing in those directional changes that suggests the movement is coming from the players legs and feet touching the ground.

Also, and I am not sure anyone has realized this, but if you take a player in possession of the ball, and a player not in possession of the ball, certain moves are actually faster when performed by the ball carrier, and some are equally fast. Logically, manipulating the ball would slightly hamper your speed compared to the same player doing the same kind of movements, but not having to use his feet to move the ball around.

A good example is jogging and turning 90 degrees. A player not in possession will do a realistic animation where he needs to push off into the new direction. A player in possession just dinks the ball into the new direction and is just pulled along, with almost no loss of momentum.

YouTube - MOV00008

When you look at the video, and just look at the player movements, ignore the ball, doesn't it strike you as terribly inconsistent? And this is the World Cup game, or FIFA 10.5 as far as gameplay, I suppose. Players in possession are treated completely different, and alot more favorably, with regards to the physics of movement than off-the-ball players.

I don't see why this movement scheme still seems to exist, since it is one of the big reasons why dribbling and speed is king. The same player with the ball can move alot quicker than the same player without the ball. On-the-ball movement should be based on the off-the-ball movements from the video, and then slowed down slightly more to be realistic.

Off the Vid the thing that came over I think to most was the skating, and a lack of momentum and weight to the players, I hated the little crab run on the line before the FK too...

I think until they make the pitch a real entity in the game we will always have this issue...

I thought 09 was decent, 10 became to skaty and the WC game is more grounded again. Aslong as it doesn't get looser from the WC it should be good enough imo. A lot also depends on the pitch texture, if it's too flat and like a snooker table players seem to skate far mroe then when on a rougher texture.

I despair at some of the crap I read in here. I'll judge the game when it's out, not go over the top due to a tiny sequence in a game. It quite pathetic to be honest. I will say I can't believe how EA have fucked up (insert any pathetic comment here).

Makes me wonder how old some people are sulking about certain trivial things.

Moan away once you get your hands on the game but for now...

I despair at some of the crap I read in here. I'll judge the game when it's out, not go over the top due to a tiny sequence in a game. It quite pathetic to be honest. I will say I can't believe how EA have fucked up (insert any pathetic comment here).

:P It's a forum for a game you can hardly expect anything else surely...

Because there is still time to change the game. Better safe than sorry. If we just wait for the demo it will be too late. Complain on every little thing now and the people that goes to play the game soon can take closer looks at it and report concerns to the developers.

Well said Gabby.

As long as it's not childish, spoilt whinging and it's contstructive I don't see a problem.

I thought the video looked quite good but the sequence where Pepe? was running round on the edge of the box looked terrible and really unrealistic which was a shame. I can't find a decent video showing an example of 'standard' play from a defender with the ball but it's usually A LOT slower as they look for the pass and the full backs and the other centreback always make totally different movements to offer a pass.

This.
There is not enough proper footage to form a good opinion.
I like the pitch, I thought Pepe was ridiculous running around in circles (why are we seeing people who have no clue play the game ???) and I saw a big difference between him running with the ball and Iniesta.
Valdes should have found it harder to catch the ball, I hate these perfect stops by keepers.

Otherwise it's clutching at straws, need more footage and decent FIFA players.

:LOL:

I thought this place wasn't as bad as the PES thread. Looks like the sensitivity crept in here as well.

The final Barca cpu counter attack looks exactly like the same bad old FIFFA AI. CPU goal kick goes STRAIGHT to cpu attacker standing in centre of pitch (YAWN), who naturally wins possession against human defender, then plays a perfect scripted pass straight into path of a cpu attcker who doesn't have to modify his run in the slightest (YAWN) because the cpu is essentially flawless. Absolutely no sign of the new anti-ping-pong passing system being applicable to cpu players - as if I'm surprised.....

That play looks exactly like FIFA10 and WC. Yes, it's Barca, so they could be that good, but Accrington will play exactly the same (YAWN).

Looks like the 1-player mode is a no-go area again, so any improvements to manager-mode are rendered meaningless.

Hopefully the multi-player modes will not disappoint, but in terms of 1-player mode, I'm finding myself more interested in what PES has to offer this year.

I may be wrong here but wasn't the point of Pepe running around in circles to show how different players have different turning circles etc. The interview was in Spanish wasn't it so I'm not sure but that's what it looked like to me.

I agree with Nicks observation of the crab walking defender on the Ronaldo free kick, it looked shite to say the least.

We need proper gameplay to give a better opinion so everybody just take a deep breath. Lol

I'm still baffled by how people can't see the faults here. I touched on it, but Gab's basically said what I didn't have time to do.

Don't talk down about people who aren't blind to the same faults in the game that we're used to :SMUG:

The final Barca cpu counter attack looks exactly like the same bad old FIFFA AI. CPU goal kick goes STRAIGHT to cpu attacker standing in centre of pitch (YAWN), who naturally wins possession against human defender, then plays a perfect scripted pass straight into path of a cpu attcker who doesn't have to modify his run in the slightest (YAWN) because the cpu is essentially flawless. Absolutely no sign of the new anti-ping-pong passing system being applicable to cpu players - as if I'm surprised.....

That play looks exactly like FIFA10 and WC. Yes, it's Barca, so they could be that good, but Accrington will play exactly the same (YAWN).

Looks like the 1-player mode is a no-go area again, so any improvements to manager-mode are rendered meaningless.

Hopefully the multi-player modes will not disappoint, but in terms of 1-player mode, I'm finding myself more interested in what PES has to offer this year.

Doesnt the defender win the initial challenge? Perfectly scrpted pass? What do u expect. Barcelona hit them on the break and the CPU played the correct pass. Also exactly why would a player need to modify his run in such a situation. He was plenty of space.

Well said Gabby.

As long as it's not childish, spoilt whinging and it's contstructive I don't see a problem.

I thought the video looked quite good but the sequence where Pepe? was running round on the edge of the box looked terrible and really unrealistic which was a shame. I can't find a decent video showing an example of 'standard' play from a defender with the ball but it's usually A LOT slower as they look for the pass and the full backs and the other centreback always make totally different movements to offer a pass.

No problem with people discussing certain things but it's all the ridiculous bollocks! I find it quite sad. Same old crap year after year.

I'll make my decision on how I feel about things when I play it myself. Where does watching some mug play the game get you anyway?!

Well if people are playing the game like that now then that means when you buy the game and go online people will be playing like that and we'll have the same crap as last year, so it does make a difference.

You know what I mean fella. Was it online though? Didn't notice. Online is Pro Passing, offline it can be turned off yeah??
So again, I'll wait til I get my hands on it before I slate a few seconds of video.

Last edited:
But you can clearly see pro-passing's on. I'm talking about the general speed of the game and how easy it looks to put a pass forward up the pitch. There is ALWAYS a free man up the pitch it looks like, which was what made Fifa's of old incredibly fast paced and ridiculously end-to-end.

I know the sodding lighting looks better and they've done work on the kits but that's not what I flagged up in the first place.

Fuck me. There's a lot of overreaction in here. It's not even worth touching really. I guess you are going to need longer gameplay footage rather than looking at a legitimate counterattack 5 times and thinking that the ball is therefore going to go straight to a free attacker every time. There's only one pass forwards FFS!!

Look, don't bash me for looking at the way the players are set up (looking at when Pepe was running with the ball), because it looks incredibly similar to how Fifa 10 looks where the players are. And the pass out wide to Ronaldo left so much space for the middle. It wasn't even a defence splitting ball was it? It was a simple pass out wide which left the middle exploited.

Don't start laughing off the fact that something is possibly amiss with Fifa this year, just because you've played a copy :LOL:

Fuck me. There's a lot of overreaction in here. It's not even worth touching really. I guess you are going to need longer gameplay footage rather than looking at a legitimate counterattack 5 times and thinking that the ball is therefore going to go straight to a free attacker every time. There's only one pass forwards FFS!!

I'm with you fella. Going to ignore this thread for a while methinks. Nets and tape will soon follow and all that bollocks drives me mental.

Game footage means shit to me until it's in my hands anyway. That's all I'm saying.

Back
Top Bottom