EA SPORTS FC 24 Sliders Discussion

--------------------
--------------------
Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 10/3/23 | 11:52 PM CST --

Thanks everyone for the feedback on Version 2. We have really enjoyed playing on that set, but definitely felt there was some room to improve and get a lot of what we have been wanting for a couple of years (lower sprint, less direct game, more variety, ball physics, etc). So we did some further exploration and found some values to refine the set overall.

The main focus here was to get the HLW sorted out a bit better. In particular length where we felt 32 was good, but it was too compressed. Some examples here were: Midfielders instantly retreating to join a clump of others and defenders, not enough space between the banks to allow more variety and as there's more compression, it's easier to dribble past because 1v1 concept that EA uses isn't given room to breathe, but instead clogged up - allowing one defensive player to get past turned into several at any given moment. As a result, we bumped length to 38 initially, until finding that it was a bit too spread out and turned into end-to-end action that didn't match tactics, so 35 was a good balance where we get all of the benefits and add in the midfielders still drop back enough to support the defense.

Along with bumping down marking, we raised the Run Frequency to help with more variety, but more so to reduce the tendency of the CPU trying to dribble the ball into the box and hold it up for a cutback. This scenario happened too often and became quite boring, especially on higher difficulty levels.

On the ball, we were able to find a good spot with 38 pass speed to allow the ball to be alive again and increase those deflection interactions that can happen throughout the pitch. In addition, a lot of time was spent to find a balance between Shot Speed and GK Ability. The safe play is to go with GK at 50 to avoid strange animations that happen on higher values, relative to the shot speed. However, the bump down in shot speed for the World Class set at 46 and Legendary at 40 (!) is bizarre. This had to be done though because the precision shooting has remnants of when FIFA 16 introduced the driven pass. There is a point in which a 50 shot speed feels like an 80, so 48 barely made a difference, regardless of shot error. The lower shot speed results are quite smooth and really look like properly struck shots. At times the CPU will choose to go for a side-footed shot, but considering there was time when they wouldn't do that at all - this is highly welcomed.

The last on-the-ball value we looked at was FT Control and raised it. The reason for this is we noticed many games where you can tell the AI was thinking about what to do, and during this, the animation that would play out is shift the ball back and forth, almost like it was on a string connected to their legs. We wanted to reduce this effect, and the natural option is to increase the chances of a loose ball. With this change, the ball becomes just a bit more requiring of care and closer control is given to the qualified players. A tall forward may struggle holding onto the ball if they try to shift it back and forth rather than just put their body in between. In addition, the actual first touch of players will be more realistic to control the ball, and players that are exceptional will stand out positively.

A note about the acceleration changes: we wanted to get closer to a calmer animation point - especially anticipating the game may speed up as these patches come out. The more we can accomplish this, the better, but without creating any negative effects such as CB jockey or bursting through the lines.

That's Version 3. Hope you all enjoy as much as we have. As always, leave feedback with examples. Thanks!!

oHAZsw.png

@Matt10

Any sliders for professional? Tried your sliders and I love the pace. however when you knock the sprint to 20 it seems to nullify the CPU on professional. They become more docile, they cross less and they seem to give the ball away cheaply.

When I moved it up to 30 the players improved ten fold and became a challenge especially as I remained on 20. Before that it was basically me vs the keeper for most of the game. I haven't tried it yet but if I move my sprint to 30 will it negate the effect again?

It feels like the AI is a challenge when you don't touch sliders and leave it on default however their passing is far too accurate and quick and the crossing and passing speed is crazy.

@Matt10

Any sliders for professional? Tried your sliders and I love the pace. however when you knock the sprint to 20 it seems to nullify the CPU on professional. They become more docile, they cross less and they seem to give the ball away cheaply.

When I moved it up to 30 the players improved ten fold and became a challenge especially as I remained on 20. Before that it was basically me vs the keeper for most of the game. I haven't tried it yet but if I move my sprint to 30 will it negate the effect again?

It feels like the AI is a challenge when you don't touch sliders and leave it on default however their passing is far too accurate and quick and the crossing and passing speed is crazy.
We haven't tested Professional, but instead of adjusting Sprint, you'd have to adjust acceleration, so instead of 51/51, it'd be 51/52 or 50/51 (or 50/52). You can also adjust Sprint to create a discrepancy like 20/30.

Currently, we've been testing 5/5 Sprint on World Class/Leg and it's really been a treat. Remember, high sprint = more frames/sliding, so the lower we can go in sprint the better.

We haven't tested Professional, but instead of adjusting Sprint, you'd have to adjust acceleration, so instead of 51/51, it'd be 51/52 or 50/51 (or 50/52). You can also adjust Sprint to create a discrepancy like 20/30.

Currently, we've been testing 5/5 Sprint on World Class/Leg and it's really been a treat. Remember, high sprint = more frames/sliding, so the lower we can go in sprint the better.
Thanks mate and thanks for all your efforts!

Hello mates

I hope you're fine
I have started a career with United so i Can test with many differents teams

This year, Legend is playable on slow without bugs like dumb Defenders, it's a really good news.

So now, my set in on Legend and slow speed.
You can play it in the evening!
Cross are still there and CPU is harder than WC, without script.

Let me know what do you think about it

Sliders Saturator V1.1 - Legend - Slow

Offline : yes, not connected to EA Servers
Legend
Slow game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration
Half : 8 minutes

User / AI
Sprint speed: 2/2
Acceleration : 49/49 or 46/49 with analogic stick acceleration
Shot error : 55/85
Pass error : 55/68
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 15/0 (0 for the CPU slowdown the game and you can play on the evening)
Injury Frequency : 65/65
Injury severity : 30/30
GK Ability : 75/75
Marking : 55/55
Run frequency : 55/45
Line Height : 78/78
Line Lenght (def line) : 35/35
Line Width : 48/48
FB Positioning : 50/50
Power bar : 50/-
First touch control error : 75/91 or 75/86 for a harder game

Liverpool vs United : Carabao Cup final

City Vs United

PSG Vs United on Champions League

Luton Vs United

Last edited:
Replays :

Diving header from Rashford

Screamer from B Fernandes

CPU Davies volley from a cross by Mbappé

Powershot from Hojlund after a nice action

CPU QPR diving header

Hello mates

I hope you're fine
I have started a career with United so i Can test with many differents teams

This year, Legend is playable on slow without bugs like dumb Defenders, it's a really good news.

So now, my set in on Legend and slow speed.
You can play it in the evening!
Cross are still there and CPU is harder than WC, without script.

Let me know what do you think about it

Sliders Saturator V1.1 - Legend - Slow

Legend
Slow game speed
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration

User / AI
Pass error : 55/68
Pass speed : 15/0 (0 for the CPU slowdown the game and you can play on the evening)
Marking : 55/55
Run frequency : 50/40
Line Height : 78/78
Line Lenght (def line) : 35/35
First touch control error : 75/91 or 75/86 for a harder game

Liverpool vs United : Carabao Cup final

City Vs United

PSG Vs United on Champions League

Luton Vs United

Ive been playing those sliders of yours during my first 2 matches with the 10 hour trial version.

To early to say anything, will need more time with it. It’s current FIFA for sure. But some nice changes…

OS community sliders I will test later today.

Ive been playing those sliders of yours during my first 2 matches with the 10 hour trial version.

To early to say anything, will need more time with it. It’s current FIFA for sure. But some nice changes…

OS community sliders I will test later today.
Hello Pro_too

I hope you're fine.
Yes all feedback is welcome👍
Good game!

So sad that low sprint speed means almost no fatigue of players. A bit annoying but well... still better than spinners on the pitch

Last edited:
Hello Pro_too

I hope you're fine.
Yes all feedback is welcome👍
Good game!
😊👋 hey mate.
So I’m 4 hours in. I prefer your slider set.
Overall the game has changed a bit, adding your sliders makes it even better.
I always try to see if the AI plays humanized. And I think EA has stepped this up a bit. Maybe it’s down to FT error values.
i like the defense being up so high. Good amount of midfield battles. Speed seems fine for now. Tad slower I’d like it though.
I’ll save some time of the trail to test a mod next week.

besides gameplay: I’m a sucker for those animated slomo backgrounds. 😍 replay angles during a match and animated backgrounds with replays during a match are nice to have too. But that’s just glitter. Missing line ups suck big time. So again, it’s pros vs. cons, but some aspects are evolved.

need to see lower level teams now.

Last edited:
Yes exactly, EA has made a lot to humanized the CPU.
You didn't notice on video sometimes but I really appreciate that.
I have made this video for you, you're a GK

The animation is nice👀

On this one, the GK can't do anything😅

Last edited:
--------------------
--------------------
Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp
: 10/8/23 | 1:30 PM CST --

To some it may not be a big deal, but to those who have been around FIFA - and FIFA sliders - will welcome with open arms in the fact that we can play with super low Sprint Speeds this year. So, it should be no surprise that the community researched this and found this to be true. As a result, we are moving to 5/5 Sprint Speed for both slow and normal/default pace game speeds and difficulties.

What are the benefits of a lower Sprint Speed? The main benefit is that lower Sprint Speed = less extra frames after abruptly stopping. At 20 Sprint, for example, there is an extra slide/movement that happens even though the player has chosen to stop. This little bit of movement results in an exploit that plagues FIFA because slight dribbling movements are not contested very well as is. So the lower Sprint brings in a more realistic foundation of movement overall. Hint: If you struggle to get your players sprinting, simply "pump" (tap sprint then tap and hold) to get them started.

Overall, the lower Sprint just brings another feel completely. Paired up with the already set accelerations, and there should be no worries of random CB jockey or obvious exploitation of animations.

The next change of significance is the Line Height discrepancy. In playing and watching multiple matches, I noticed the CPU tends to take 4-6 touches on every possession, dribbling and looking for a pass. While the patience is welcomed, the animation lessened would be ideal. As a result, we have to increase the upfield pressure just a bit more so they can make those decisions quicker and dribble mindlessly less. In the past we have used a length discrepancy, but that comes with some negatives as the higher length means midfielders won't drop back as far when in a defensive position. The adjustment to height allows the upfield pressure, but doesn't sacrifice the defensive midfield position.

After those main adjustments, we looked at raising the shot speed for the user/cpu on World Class to help with free-kick power. Then we bumped up the user's shot speed for Leg/Ultimate only to do the same.

The final bit was adjusting the Injury values from 65/35 to 70/30. We should be seeing a good mix of players getting injured and not needing to come off, then a couple that do indeed need to get subbed. The hope is we continue to see players that get injured are out a length of time that requires more team management off the field of course.

After all that, we are all quite happy with this version of the sliders. By far the lower sprint helps so much, and we have to thank the entire OS community and others who provided feedback on what was possible. We try to approach sliders based on previous iterations, which is why sometimes it's hard to believe certain values are hard to be adjusted as we have been burned in the past.

Keep providing feedback, keep playing matches and just enjoy yourselves in starting your Careers. here is Version 4 - enjoy!

--------------------
--------------------
Thanks to discord testers: bman, laxing_ , Hapa90, jrn, TopSide, atsmash
--------
viWH7M.png

--------------------

Hello my friends

After the big update of today, it was time to move on a new set of sliders!
What was the focus ? A more human Legend mode but with a nice CPU never overpowered

Crosses are in, long shot are in, more penalty too, and more physicallity on the pitch. A match is never end before the last second

I have corrected the lines, because EA made a nice work by defaut so the values are near of 50

Enjoy!!

Sliders Saturator V2
Legend
Game speed : Slow
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration

User / AI

Pass error : 55/78
Marking : 52/52
Line Height : 50/50
Line Lenght (def line) : 50/50
First touch control error : 75/81

Some examples:

PSG Vs AC Milan

Some career matches with Marseille

My best : Lyon Vs Marseille

Strasbourg Vs Marseille

Europa League match : Brighton Vs OM

Hello my friends

What was the focus ? A more human Legend mode but with a nice CPU never overpowered

Crosses are in, long shot are in, more penalty too, and more physicallity on the pitch. A match is never end before the last second

I have corrected the lines, because EA made a nice work by defaut so the values are near of 50

Enjoy!!

Sliders Saturator V2
Legend
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration

User / AI

Some examples:

PSG Vs AC Milan

Strasbourg Vs Marseille

tried them and they are good :) thank you :)

Hello my friends

Enjoy!!

Sliders Saturator V2
Legend
Full manual
Tactical defense
No analogic acceleration

User / AI

Some examples:

PSG Vs AC Milan

Strasbourg Vs Marseille

While waiting for Gameplay mods on FET i tried your most recent legendary sliders, even tho the title updates made the game way faster which the slow pace mode and 2 sprint can't fix, i did have some fun without super OP AI and even scored this beauty :) Thanks for sharing

Maybe stupid question but for slider creators, is strafing affected by the sprint slider? Or it's "missing" and should be a strafe slider so you can also change the speed of it?

@saturator mate sorry if I bother you with this post but I have to say thank you again! Your sliders definately transform the game to me and make it really enjoyable. thank you :)
Hello my friend
I will always happy to ear than I have helped someone to find this game fun. I love this thread, even if sometimes we have differents opinions. We are footy games lover so I really appreciate some feedback, good or bad.

EA made some changes in patch 4, but there are not in the patchnote.

CPU on freekicks are really more humain and Oshimen is insane in the air.

Another change : CPU makes a big pressing when you have the lead and in the last quarter, you need to be more focus on defense.

All these little tweaks help to have a better gameplay.

Last edited:
While waiting for Gameplay mods on FET i tried your most recent legendary sliders, even tho the title updates made the game way faster which the slow pace mode and 2 sprint can't fix, i did have some fun without super OP AI and even scored this beauty :) Thanks for sharing

Thanks, You're welcome! I like some realistic gameplay so I can't play FIFA vanilla gameplay since FIFA 17!
I have more to fix but it's a good step in the right direction!:PINKS:

Some matchs with my sliders V2

Lyon Vs OM

Portugal Vs France

Leverkusen 04 Vs RB Leipzig

Barcelona Vs Real Madrid

Boca Junior Vs River Plate

Barrow Vs Wimbledon (English D4)

Will this play OK with world class and assisted or semi settings?
Hello
If you play semi or FUMA, you have to increase human sliders for pass error and shoot error by 15.
It a set for FUMA players because I'm a FUMA players.
But you can change some values to have fun with SEMI- FUTO settings.

When you play WC, only decrease pass error by 10 and shoot error by 15 for the CPU.

Hello
If you play semi or FUMA, you have to increase human sliders for pass error and shoot error by 15.
It a set for FUMA players because I'm a FUMA players.
But you can change some values to have fun with SEMI- FUTO settings.

When you play WC, only decrease pass error by 10 and shoot error by 15 for the CPU.
ok thanks ill give this a try now

Back
Top Bottom