Chelsea Thread

Chelsea played fantastic football under Ancelotti, scoring goals galore (i think that team still have the record amount of goals in one season in the EPL).

But imo Chelsea also did very well under Benitez. Withhindsight, it might have been better if Raffa had stayed instead of a second Mourinho spell...but thatwas alos due to the fans who never liked Benitez and were all too happy to see Mourinho again.

IMO a second spell never isa good idea (see also Dalglish in Liverpool and Keegan in Newcastle).

For me Hiddink was the best Chelsea manager in the last 10 or so years. You look at the mess he inherited and how he turned it around - he only lost 1 game in 23, and took Chelsea to the CL semifinal (where they were very unlucky to go out) and won the FA Cup. Personally I don't think Ancelotti ever quite got the team to the same level in Europe. The only team he beat in the CL Knockout rounds was Copenhagen (0-2 in the first leg), they went out fairly meekly to Inter and Man Utd the performances in both of those home legs was appalling and much much worse than Hiddink's team did against Liverpool, Juventus and Barcelona. Ancelotti's last squad, with only a few additions (bascially Mata and Meireles) would go on to win the CL the year after he left, so you do wonder why his tactics fell apart in the CL.

Tbh, I never liked him in his days in Milan. Always thought he was a crap manager there and had no idea what he was doing at first. But maybe it wasn't him and was Berlusconi?

He was very successful at Milan though so I'm not sure why you would say that.

In fact look at what they achieved with him in charge compared to all the years after he left! They were one of the best teams in the world when he was Milan manager and has Champions League success.

He was very successful at Milan though so I'm not sure why you would say that.

In fact look at what they achieved with him in charge compared to all the years after he left! They were one of the best teams in the world when he was Milan manager and has Champions League success.

At the time watching him I thought he was mostly clueless and not a tactical manager. Not a smart one. The games I watched I remember him subbing striker for striker and so on, without looking at why said striker wasn't performing possibly due to a bad midfielder or midfield formation etc. He gave me the feeling all he did was throw 11 people on the pitch and do whatever they want. Sometimes that works. Sometimes anarchy breaks systems, but that doesn't make one a good manager. If the situation calls it then yeah. But anyway maybe that wasn't him and I just happened to watch the games where Berlusconi was in charge ;)

Ironically I think one of his best traits at Real Madrid was turning a team full of stars and fitting them into a system that worked.

Maybe he practices his charisma and gives players the freedom they need to bring out the best in them.

Chelsea demise started after Their GK got injured? I wonder losing their physio was the beginning . The timetable can enlighten us and bring things in to light. I wonder was Jose envious of her popularity ... Did he knew something we don't ? Was she a saints and a figure where she nurture players mental and physical needs. She kept the team healthy and injury free for the most. Did Jose walked in on her and JT splitting profits? Was she a nympho giving happy endings for certain players ?

Now, that she's gone are players concern with an all tell book ' The Physio by day and lover at night' Fabregas holding on ,too many secrets ( still trying to join Arsenal-today) Oscar the real reason he wanted out of Chelsea and out of the Physio's grasp. Last season player of the year Hazard has the most to lose, his shitting in the hot tub problems that the Physio was helping him get pass . JT paid the Physio to keep players for longer session so he can visit their missus . The back room was ran by the Physio , Mou had to share power and admiration w/ her , this was too much to bare. He cried to Roman many times w/ reason to sacked me. Each time it went horribly wrong and I was rewarded w/ a raise. He went w/ the only option the media.

Yeah who knows what his problem with her was... probably that he had to 'share' respect and admiration.

Last edited:
Eva was badly treated by Mourinho in particular and Chelsea in general and i hope she wins something from it, no matter how.
Mourinho was supposedly pissed off by waht he considered her mistreating Diego Costa's injury. Of course i'm not a doctor, but to me it seemed that Chelsea bought a player who was already injury prone. It also transpires that Chelsea's injury toll was among the lowest in the EPL. So doctor Eva didn't seem to do such a bad job after all.

This said, i wonder how the press would have reacted if Chelsea's doctor wasn't a lovely young woman, but an ugly older man like me...i'm pretty sure this would go virtually unnoticed.

I also don't think this affected the team...but time will tell.

This said, i wonder how the press would have reacted if Chelsea's doctor wasn't a lovely young woman, but an ugly older man like me...i'm pretty sure this would go virtually unnoticed.

I said this at the time.

If any club let their club doctor or any member of staff go, it would have barely made the news on any media outlet.

Due to the fact that Chelsea's club doctor was an attractive female, it's a terrible thing Chelsae have done. Mainly because it can be sensationalized in the media and money can be made from selling a dramatic story.

I said this at the time.

If any club let their club doctor or any member of staff go, it would have barely made the news on any media outlet.

Due to the fact that Chelsea's club doctor was an attractive female, it's a terrible thing Chelsae have done. Mainly because it can be sensationalized in the media and money can be made from selling a dramatic story.

You missed the point! If, Mou didn't make it about her , no one would of made a big deal. Who cares if she is pretty or not. You don't say the Physio knows nothing about football after being employed there for some odd years. You are undermining the Chelsea Club at this point. That still could be handle internally , but calling a Physio a f'n secretary is a slap to the Physio profession and the manner how he try to used that as an excuse for the lost was his intention . He just open the door and allow all sorts of mosquitos in.

I made my point.

My point was it was all blown out of proportion in my opinion.

It has nothing to do with what Jose said that it made such a dramatic event. It was who he said it about.

A faceless male doctor being ridiculed by Jose for potentially turning a match in to a defeat by lessening the players on the field for treatment would have gone completely unnoticed.

But it involved an attractive woman doctor so it attracts great media coverage.

Everything else that has been said or written about, is filler.

Of course Jose should have handled it better but in my opinion, that's not the point.

Jose will always look to shift blame off himself. He's the 'special one' after all.

I disagree , it has everything Jose said that made the difference. Remember, Keyes ' I ' ll smash it' (off camera) was the start to his demise. Gray's ' hey Cheryl can you zip me up?' was off camera that was his demise. If , this was a bloke Physio , Jose wouldn't mention secretary . That's the uproar , how you see just a attraction woman is beyond me. She's 44 ffs! Not 24 lol

Don't take offense , but that's a little shallow and I'm a shallow enough to notice that. You want to blame the media outlets . It wouldn't be a story if Jose made it one. The special Cunce! Well The FA agreed w/ you so your views must've been molded to that criteria . ;)

I totally agree with johnnyluvrod on this.
Nowadays stories are made by the media. If the media don't pick it up, thing are inconsequential.

Why did the media picked this up in the first place?

1 because this involves a young attractive and sexy outsider in a man's game.
2 because this is Chelsea and media always need a narrative. One of the main narrative themes in the coverage of the EPL is Chelsea as the "evil" club.

The second reason is also the reason why you are picking this up once again. You also see Chelsea as the evil/bad club as opposed to the good and well run club you support.

The hypocrysy in all this is double:

1. if this had happened to a bloke (and only a bloke,i know the physio is a man and he was involved too), it wouldn't have been news for the media and wouldn't havecaused outrage with the male football fans (and i'm guilty as hell too).
2. if this had happened at Chelsea, most football fans wouldn't have been bothered at all.

Who cares about what Wenger, Arsenal and his friend Guillou did in Beveren (a club disappeared because of it) and to all the Ivorian players who weren't as talented as Yaya Touré and others? Nobody.

Look at the outrage Chelsea causes for loaning dozens of young players out to clubs like Vitesse and (recently here in Belgium) Sint-Truiden. I think what happened in Beveren is much worse. But this is Arsenal (and i would say the same if it was Spurs, Arsenal doesn't matter, it's the selective outrage that matters) and they are considered to be the good boys as opposed to the bad boys.

You are outraged (and rightly so) for sexism, but not about trafficking in human beings(because that is what basically happened in Beveren).

Young? Carneiro is in her forties.

The comments made by Mourinho balance on sexism, you just can not get away with that, especially in this day and age. This is a big story because Carneiro is a well-known figure as she was the only female physio at a club of Chelsea's stature, and pictures of her have been going around the Internet ever since she was appointed.

You often mention Beveren but I don't see how this has any relation towards this particular story, apart from what you think is Chelsea's bad reputation in the media. This is non-sense, can you imagine if Arsenal started the way Chelsea have this season? How many journalists would be shouting for Wenger's head? Mourinho is liked by the media because his conspiracy theories sell papers. Besides that, I don't re-call Chelsea getting stick from the media for their loan-system, only from people who dislike Chelsea in general. The Beveren story is not very relevant anymore since it happened a while ago. I'm not in the position to say what happened there was right or wrong since I don't know too much about it, but the comparison doesn't really make sense in my opinion.

It became a story because Jose went apeshit against his medical team for doing their duty.
That's the worst thing about the whole sad episode.

I do think it's obvious tho that it rumbled on in the media longer because it was Eva - the only medical staff member fans know the name of.

gerd I get you trying to throw banana peels at me . No worries! I dislike Mou for this reason alone (not Chelsea). Yes, Arsenal are a evil empire that I support . Sometimes we need to put certain things to the side and call it for what it is. We should focus on the current affairs or at least within a decade.

Forget that Mou poked a manager`s eye out! or ruin a referee out of a job due to slanderous accusation. He slams ppl on a personal level ,not professional. He tries to get Wenger fired w/ the manager without pressure campaign (not that I mind ) but beside that, I love the word Godotelli used "ApeShit"

Notice the Ape throwing his shit on workers(Employees) ,who are cleaning and keep the place tidy. Then , notice the spectators laughing (media) guess who the ape is ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5HaLo95ufw

Bebo, you are a nice guy, but i have the feeling we never understand each other.
Oh, and i was criticising myself too. I'm not above a litle bit of hypocrysy.

Damjan, i only mentioned Beveren because of the selective indignation of football fans. And aren't you coincidentially an Arsenal fan?

I disagree , it has everything Jose said that made the difference. Remember, Keyes ' I ' ll smash it' (off camera) was the start to his demise. Gray's ' hey Cheryl can you zip me up?' was off camera that was his demise. If , this was a bloke Physio , Jose wouldn't mention secretary . That's the uproar , how you see just a attraction woman is beyond me. She's 44 ffs! Not 24 lol

Don't take offense , but that's a little shallow and I'm a shallow enough to notice that. You want to blame the media outlets . It wouldn't be a story if Jose made it one. The special Cunce! Well The FA agreed w/ you so your views must've been molded to that criteria . ;)

No offense taken as we are not insulting each other or even arguing, merely debating a 'point'!!! :)

However, I feel you have contradicted yourself with the references to Richard Keyes and Andy Gray as they both spoke with sexual and dismissive reference about 'women'... not a man. So again it's about who they said it to not what they said.

Do you think that if either of these broadcasters said for example "HE'S got a nice round arse!, I'd smash it!" about a male colleague, coach, player, manager etc. they would still be in a job and NO media drama or sensationalism would have arisen?

Also, being 'attractive' is subjective and people can view what they deem pleasing on the eye individually. What age has to do with it is irrelevant.

That's enough from me. Doesn't mean I'm right. It's just an opinion and like asre holes, we've all got opinions. :OOOH:

There are people born without arseholes.

So.philosophical thought of the day:

If someone has no arsehole do they have any opinions?

I want a 5000 word essay on this and the winner gets a Twix.

Before we digress even further in the Chelsea thread, I demand evidence of said humans with no arseholes before I submit my entry into this Twix competition.

Back on topic, Chelsea will part company with Jose within 12 months is my prediction.

No offense taken as we are not insulting each other or even arguing, merely debating a 'point'!!! :)

However, I feel you have contradicted yourself with the references to Richard Keyes and Andy Gray as they both spoke with sexual and dismissive reference about 'women'... not a man. So again it's about who they said it to not what they said.

Do you think that if either of these broadcasters said for example "HE'S got a nice round arse!, I'd smash it!" about a male colleague, coach, player, manager etc. they would still be in a job and NO media drama or sensationalism would have arisen?

Also, being 'attractive' is subjective and people can view what they deem pleasing on the eye individually. What age has to do with it is irrelevant.

That's enough from me. Doesn't mean I'm right. It's just an opinion and like asre holes, we've all got opinions. :OOOH:

Yh, well my example was a bit of a stretch. My point that I really didn't articulate very well was both were off (keyes&gray) camera and knew it wasn't appropriate . While Mou has no filter, but I find myself explaining something we both can agree on. Media is all about drama!

@gerd you know me very well! You just don't know whether funny man bebo, asshole bebo or nuance bebo posting. I take nothing personal for your only responding to my posting. We know I'm bias everything Arsenal. Yes , Arsenal is the best club and ran better then any
club. You throw digs at me! You have every right, but honestly in person . I'm totally different :LOL:

I think your funny when you talk smack about Arsenal n hurtful too!

You don't get closer than that
Nn8x1pH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom