Champions League 2009-10

I agree with you on Bayern and Olic PLF.
I'm surpised that Juventus missed qualification, playing at home, only needing a point...normally that would be a piece of cake for Juventus...all credit to Bayern.

PS: but what a great goal from Trezeguet...i hope that idiot of a French coach gets sacked, i want to see Trezegol during the WC.

PPS: What happened with Wolfsburg ?

What a header by Bolat, better than many many strikers around here (hum, I'm thinking about Caicedo for example...). :THINK:

Superb Fiorentina as well. Win 5 games in a very tough group with Liverpool and Lyon is something to mention.

@ WEtongelre: By the way, who is that beauty of nature, my freind?

Well, Buffon makes mistakes probably because of his knee (menisco) injury... he had to be fixed one month ago, but he chose to keep on playing 'till the Inter and Bayern matches. But his condition is worsening seeing at the performances (2 months ago he was a god)...

While for Juventus. Well, the whole team, or better, the team as a whole, is playing crap for at least a month from now. Don't be mistaken for the win on Inter... we didn't play better than that. It's just that Inter plays bad too :D the only thing I hope is that in a month on so this team starts to play good, as the players are there... (even though there are countless injuries, just like last year)

Opposition of two grandees: Milan - Mu
Lyon - Real: Frenchmen - not gift
CSKA - Sevilla: Russian has still carried with the opponent

Inter - Chelsea: Londoners will punish the former trainer

Stuttgart - Barcelona: I sympathise with Germans, is better on arsenal would leave, but HLEB can show to contenders the higher class

Porto - Arsenal: The arsenal should show master class to pass Porto

I think this year CL it will be rich with surprising events

Stuttgart - Barcelona
Easy thing for Barca but great for Stuttgart to play in Camp Nou, maybe these matches
help them to earn some more self-confidence.

Olympiacos - Bordeaux
If Bordeaux keep fit like in the group stage, Olympiacos should be no problem.

Inter - Chelsea
Really tough match, I think Inter will win at San Siro but Chelsea will go
out as winner because of the better defence.

Bayern - Fiorentina
Lucky draw for Bayern, they love to play against Italian teams but I think
Gilardino will shoot them out.

CSKA - Sevilla
Easy thing for Sevilla, they will win both matches, Home and Away.

Lyon - Real
Another really tough match, I bet for Lyon with Hugo Lloris making an
awesome performance at Bernabeu.

Porto - Arsenal
Hard match but Arsenal will do it at Emirates after a 0-0 at Dragao.

Milan - Manchester
Milan is not enough solid to pass the challenge at Old Trafford,
Manchester will win on aggregate.

Wow the Chelsea Inter match will be hard on both coaches since they were both hired to win the CL.

As for Milan ManUtd, well I hope we can earn the label of Big Event team. :)

Stuttgart - Barcelona
The easiest draw for Barcelona.

Olympiacos - Bordeaux
Olympiacos tough home stadium fans can really help the team get an important advantage in Greece, and If they do, they will have to try VERY HARD to keep it in France. As for Bordeaux, Gourcuff and his teammates can do amazing things.

Inter - Chelsea
Inter has proven that they can't go further in Champions League stages the last years. And the english teams are very powerfull, so I think Chelsea can do it easily.

Bayern - Fiorentina
Fiorentina are a great team, and I think they can eliminate Bayern.

CSKA - Sevilla
Due to the 2 CSKA players being banned, I think the scale is more to Sevilla's side, but if the talent that CSKA has fight this match, everything is possible.

Lyon - Real
Whatever Cesc Fabregas said.

Porto - Arsenal
I can remember Porto being a bad demon for Manchester United last year, so this will be tough for Arsenal. Yet, I see Arsenal winning this.

Milan - Manchester
I think that this match is easy enough for the GOOD Manchester United. They can do it.

Stuttgart - Barcelona
Piece of cake. Barcelona.

Olympiacos - Bordeaux
With Bordeaux playing like that both in CL and Ligue 1 it will be hard for Olympiacos. Bordeaux to go through

Inter Milan - Chelsea
The most exciting match. Mourinho returns to London and my bet is he gonna lose. Chelsea have a solid team and are the favourites. Chelsea advances.

Bayern München - Fiorentina
Good draw for Bayern. Despite an amazing first stage, Fiorentina will return home in February. All my money in Bayern.

CSKA Moscow - Sevilla
Reminds me two years ago when the favourites Sevilla lost to underdogs Fenerbahçe. Anyway I believe they have learned the lesson. Sevilla goes on.

Olympique Lionnais - Real Madrid
Madrid is way better. Lyon weaker comparing last years. Madrid goes through, end of conversation.

FC Porto - Arsenal
If Porto plays at the same level last year in Old Trafford they will have a good chance but I'm still thinking Arsenal is better. Arsenal, but with some doubts.

AC Milan - Manchester United
Another exciting match. Day after day Milan is becoming strong, They will come to Old Trafford in top form I believe. In any case Manchester is the favourite and should go through.

1st leg - Tuesday 16 February 2010
AC Milan - Manchester United FC
Olympique Lyonnais - Real Madrid CF

1st leg - Wednesday 17 February 2010
FC Porto - Arsenal FC
FC Bayern München - ACF Fiorentina

1st leg - Tuesday 23 February 2010
VfB Stuttgart - FC Barcelona
Olympiacos FC - FC Girondins de Bordeaux

1st leg - Wednesday 24 February 2010
PFC CSKA Moskva - Sevilla FC
FC Internazionale Milano - Chelsea FC

For as the 2nd leg:

2nd leg - Tuesday 9 March 2010
Arsenal FC - FC Porto
ACF Fiorentina - FC Bayern München

2nd leg - Wednesday 10 March 2010
Manchester United FC - AC Milan
Real Madrid CF - Olympique Lyonnais

2nd leg - Tuesday 16 March 2010
Sevilla FC - PFC CSKA Moskva
Chelsea FC - FC Internazionale Milano

2nd leg - Wednesday 17 March 2010
FC Barcelona - VfB Stuttgart
FC Girondins de Bordeaux - Olympiacos FC

Olympiacos - Bordeaux
If Bordeaux keep fit like in the group stage, Olympiacos should be no problem.
Olympiacos was a problem though for your team when they humiliated Arsenal by defeating them in Athens with a devastating performance.

Stuttgart - Barcelona
Barcelona will go through.

Olympiacos - Bordeaux
Olympiacos deserves to proceed, but help from Platini to his French men is guaranteed.

Inter - Chelsea
Chelsea will be the winner of this tie.

Bayern - Fiorentina
Fiorentina has to lose one day. And that day is coming.

CSKA - Sevilla
Whether it is Sevilla or CSKA, we will have a team at the quarter finals that will not deserve to be there.

Lyon - Real Madrid
Lyon will do it this time.

Porto - Arsenal
Arsenal can be beaten only by big teams like Chelsea, Olympiacos or Manchester. The weak Porto will do nothing.

Milan - Manchester United
Milan will be up to the challenge and will send United home.

Olympiacos was a problem though for your team when they humiliated Arsenal by defeating them in Athens with a devastating performance.

Stuttgart - Barcelona
Barcelona will go through.

Olympiacos - Bordeaux
Olympiacos deserves to proceed, but help from Platini to his French men is guaranteed.

Inter - Chelsea
Chelsea will be the winner of this tie.

Bayern - Fiorentina
Fiorentina has to lose one day. And that day is coming.

CSKA - Sevilla
Whether it is Sevilla or CSKA, we will have a team at the quarter finals that will not deserve to be there.

Lyon - Real Madrid
Lyon will do it this time.

Porto - Arsenal
Arsenal can be beaten only by big teams like Chelsea, Olympiacos or Manchester. The weak Porto will do nothing.

Milan - Manchester United
Milan will be up to the challenge and will send United home.

:SHOCK::SHOCK::FAIL:

1)Leon, a victory with 1-0 against The Arsenal Reserves and with Arsenal not having interest IS NOT a humiliation.

2)If Platini helped French teams then how come no French team has won a European Cup the last 10 years??

3)Olympiacos is just an average team in Europe, while Porto is not in any way weak.

You can't just be objective....:BYE:

Sorry to say Olimpiakos is by any means NOT a big club in european football. It's an average team, no more, no less. Sure they can beat any team at home given the circumstances (as any club can in fact), but please be rational. Zurich won at san siro, does that makes them a top club?

Shut the fuck up drekkard. When Rubin Kazan made fun of you in Camp Nou, was it nice?

The only home ground that has so much power is the ground of Olympiacos. Only there you will see the best fans in Europe shouting and giving strength to their team.

ρε Βασίλη κόψε τις μαλακίες... Δεν σου φτάνει το φορουμ έρχεσαι και εδώ;; ήμαρτον..

somebody do something with this guy...

Haha Inactive Member..you should be more quiet. You're making us laugh at the expense of Olympiacos - and it's not because of the team, but because of you. Don't make us label their supporters as delusional. Panos represents the club far better than you.

As far as "great form at home" goes - everyone should not forget the second match being layed at the group winner's turf. Which i've found to usually be a decisive thing even between similar teams. My guess is all of the teams that play the second match at home will go through - except Fiorentina. I think Bayern (which i don't find a very strong team) found gold in that draw, cause they're germans and they usually take their chances. Also Fiorentina will probably be excited just to have made it this far, and if they by any chance rely on a player like Mutu... they might be disappointed.

I will be rooting for Inter [just cause they're usually so harmless in Europe i kinda feel sorry for them - and because my team proved Inter is no challenge, whilst Chelsea IS. Also... Mourinho is losing his "special one" nickname. If with Inter he poses no challenge to Manchester, Barcelona AND Chelsea... he's average.]. Rooting for Lyon [because i kinda like Real being disappointed, although i don't see them through], and for Milan [not a Manchester fan and i've seen enough of them these past seasons].

Well Standard is a very average team in Europe (and even in Belgium this season) and the home win of the great Olympiakos was a lucky win, because Standard clearly had the better chances and the better part in the match...

This ia as valid as saying that the win against Arsenal means anything.

PS: for th ereal Olympiakos fans: Olympiakos deserved to go through, because overall they were better than Standard...no discussion about that...

it depends on how you define a top team. IMO, teams that play regularly in european competitions are top teams (except the small countries' teams). surely this doesnt mean they are favorties to win the title but they are a team to watch out. fans, history etc. are also aspects to be taken into account when it comes to that. so olympiacos is definitely a top team even if they are not at the same level as manu or barca. btw, I love the europa league because so many teams with history and great fans are playing there. its a contrast to the CL in which we see the same games year by year and it really becomes boring.

it depends on how you define a top team. IMO, teams that play regularly in european competitions are top teams (except the small countries' teams).

I don't agree entirely with this, because we all know there are lots of spanish, english, german, french, italian and even portuguese teams that would be at the same level or better than the greek champion, for example.

I think by "top teams" we should define teams that have more chances to win the big trophies. In that ranking, personally I would rate more than 30 teams in Europe currently before citing Olimpiakos.

That's why I say Olimpiakos are an average team. It's not that I dislike them, I've been to greece 3 times and I know the passion they have for their teams and I appreciate it, but greek football is still far beyond english, spanish, italian, german, french, portuguese and russian football, and quite even with turkish clubs.

Shut the fuck up drekkard. When Rubin Kazan made fun of you in Camp Nou, was it nice?

The only home ground that has so much power is the ground of Olympiacos. Only there you will see the best fans in Europe shouting and giving strength to their team.

Clown. Fortunately, you don't represent the vast majority of Olimpiakos fans.

He is right though, Kazan did make fun of you.

That said, Olympiakos are definitely a very average side.

Wrong on both accounts.
Kazan making fun of Barcelona: under Guardiola Barcelona has laid such high standards that every defeat can be seen as being ridiculized...every team looses once in a while....(Danny Murphy and Bobby Zamorra any Man utd fan ????)

Just can't wait to get a dig in about United can you Gerd?

The fact of the matter is, Kazan outplayed or outsmarted Barca for large periods of both games, and in the Camp Nou they beat them, if that isn't making fun of the best team in the world, then I don't know what is.

And considering I'm supposedly wrong on te second count, would Olympiakos get anywhere near the top in te top leagues? I doubt it.

You realy don't get it do you ?
What applies for Barcelona and Kazan also applies for Man Utd and Fulham...loosing against Kazan or Fulham does not change the fact that both (Barcelona and Man Utd) are great teams...

Olympiakos are Greece best team by a mile, so they are a great team...give Olympiakos the same budget as (for instance) Liverpool, Inter or Real Madrid and yes i'm convinced they will play the top in the great leagues...or better: give Liverpool, Inter or Real Olympiakos' budget and they would not come near the top of their league...
Nowadays football is all about money....if you don't have the money, you will never be succesfull

Back
Top Bottom