Ventspils v Zuerich
Kobenhavn v APOEL Nicpsia
Levski Sofia v Debrecen

Lyon v Anderlecht
Celtic v Arsenal
Timishoara v Stuttgart
Sporting v Fiorentina
Panathinikos v Atletico Madrid

Winners go to the group stage to join Barca, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Milan, Sevilla, Bayern, Inter, Real, CSKA Moscow, Porto, AZ, Juve, Rangers, Marseille, Dynamo Kyiv, Bordeaux, Beşiktaş, Wolfsburg, Std Liège, Rubin Kazan, Unirea Urziceni

Lyon v Anderlecht
Celtic v Arsenal
Sporting v Fiorentina
Panathinikos v Atletico Madrid

All of those are very good matches, what a difficult draw for some teams!

I think so.. I don't think it has changed since last year..
Nice draw to be honest.. Some itneresting matches are coming ;)

Quite a well fought game between Sporting and Fiorentina. Nice goals by Vargas and Veloso! I think Fiorentina will take this now and go through.

Quite a well fought game between Sporting and Fiorentina. Nice goals by Vargas and Veloso! I think Fiorentina will take this now and go through.

I'm not a sporting fan, but Fiorentina was clearly beneficed through out the entire match. The out come should have been a lot different if Gamberini and Danielli were shown the red. Besides that, i think Sporting played a lot better then the viola, they were quite lucky to leave with a draw.
The Vukcevic episode, made me lmao.

go sporting! :) I wanna meet them again in the group stage.

They met Manchester in 2007 and Barcelona in 2008. "Ye who starts with sporting wins League"...

I'm not a sporting fan, but Fiorentina was clearly beneficed through out the entire match. The out come should have been a lot different if Gamberini and Danielli were shown the red. Besides that, i think Sporting played a lot better then the viola, they were quite lucky to leave with a draw.
The Vukcevic episode, made me lmao.

i didn't get to whatch the whole match, but yeah, gamberini definitely deserved a red card.
anyhow what a player gilardino is :WORSHIP:

Im far from a sporting fan, but im quite patriotic, yet i can't see this sporting winning against the violas in Florence.. they lack confidence, stability and a strong formation (barely every1 isn't playing well, specially their defence) and since im a strong believer of the best way to attack is to defend well theory, they will just be smashed. Lets just hope its not a 12 goal result again... jezz.

EDIT: Lisandro scored 3 goals against Anderlecht. Seems like he will turn out to be the best replacement for Benzema after all.

Last edited:
Yah Anderlecht got really unlucky when drawing Lyon! Their coach said it too even before the 1st leg. Probably the worst team you could come up against.

Anyway, now they're through group stages for like 10th year in a row or something. Atletico through as well. And yah I expect Fiorentina there too which will be good for them like Atletico. 2 good teams and two consecutive group CL appearances will be an important step for both clubs.

i'm not really sure it will be that easy for fiorentina, Neo. sporting has a great psycological advantage now: they have nothing to loose; and this can make all the difference in the world.

fiorentina, on the other side, will have to play the most important match of the season (i'm told the qualification to the champions league groups stage means +20 millions euros for the club) in front of their pubblic, with all the pressure on their shoulders.
such a responsability can have a very bad impact on their performance, especially at this point of the season, when their legs are still very heavy coz of the summer trainings.

one thing i'm confident about, this should be a good match to watch :)

as for lisandro, well, we all already knew how good he is :) . such a shame palermo didn't sign him when we got the chance (a few years ago).

Oh boy what a world of difference between Lyon and Anderlecht.
Lyon had mercy or were slopy because otherwise the could have scored 8 goals in the first match and 5 or 6 in the second...

I'm not sure if the direct qualification of Standard is such a goos thing. In the Jupiler League Anderlecht are clearly much better than Standard at the moment...logically the difference between Standard and other (better?) CL clubs must be even bigger (and i know football is not logical).

At the moment Standard are a shadow of the team they were last season...

And about Lyon: it's not that they are cruising through Ligue Un...i think Lyon is weaker at the moment than 3 or 4 years ago...but stronger than last year.

Lo zio, the situation that Sporting is going through atm is quite sensible.

The media starter a revolution (again), sportings manager Paulo Bento needs to prove to every fan that Sporting is a title contender atm, because in the first 2 games they drew and lost, respectively.

Their best striker (liedson) hasn't scored for over 750 minutes now, Vukcevic is out, Izmailov is still recovering from a surgery to his knee, their defence is beyond a joke (wings are useless, CBs are most of the times ineffective specially Polga, awful cb to start off but now he isn't even Sunday league category, Patricio is too young and they threw away a world class keeper, Stoijkovic).

Then we have every single player that is literally stuck to his position. Paulo Bento is SUPER disciplined and sporting seems more like an FM tactic, Bento moved all the creative freedom sliders to low/normal and mentality to mixed, crossing to rarely. lol Funny but true.

Overall, Fiorentina have a lot less pressure now, they may have pressure but nothing like sporting right now. Sporting is in super pressure due to the new Benfica that suddenly appeared, because for the last couple of years they have been securing the second spot on the table (Porto is still nailing every1) and have been believing that they are a lot stronger then benfica, when its quite the oposite, Sporting is bad but Benfica were even worst, now that Jorge Jesus (the new benfica manager) released the potential of our team, they finally understood that they need a better team, too bad its too late to fix that now.

Group A: Bayern Munich, Juventus, Bordeaux, Maccabi Haifa
Group B: MANCHESTER UNITED, CSKA Moscow, Besiktas, Wolfsburg
Group C: AC Milan, Real Madrid, Marseille, FC Zurich
Group D: CHELSEA, FC Porto, Atletico Madrid, APOEL
Group E: LIVERPOOL, Lyon, Fiorentina, Debrecen
Group F: FC Barcelona, Inter Milan, Dinamo Kiev, FC Rubin Kazan
Group G: Sevilla, RANGERS, Stuttgart, Unirea Urziceni.
Group H: ARSENAL, AZ Alkmaar, Olympiakos, Standard Liege

Man Utd was being lucky again, until Wolfsburg, but it won't make much of a difference.
It will be good to see players against their former clubs, Ibra Kaka.

How many times we get to face Chelsea? It's been like 4 times in the last 5 years.

Anyway it's a though group for us. I'm confident we can get the 2nd place.

Champions-League-Draw-001.jpg

up yours fuck face.

Last edited:
Difficult group for Barcelona with Inter and 2 teams that will take advantage of the weather at their countries. But we should go on if logic and good football reigns. What a tough group that A group. Difficult to say who's going to go through, as in the Chelasea group.

The rest have quite easy groups.

At least, Marseille is not playing Liverpool again, but that draw hurts :).

Last edited:
Don't tell me, tuta.. This marseille draw gets me a bit concerned to be honest.. Let alone the Real madrid one :(

On a different note.. Are the floodlights of velodrome ok this time?
I'd like my team to avoid another "sunday-league-team" figure after the one that happened in Marseille and after the more recent one against Celtic.. Thank you mr. Dida :RANT:

PS: no harm intended of course.. that night in Marseille it was Milan's fault

I heard on the radio that Marseille and Olympiakos were the last teams to be chosen for the pot 3 and when Olympiakos was picked, there were no choice of group. There must be a particular reason. If anyone know, what is it ?

How many times we get to face Chelsea? It's been like 4 times in the last 5 years.

Anyway it's a though group for us. I'm confident we can get the 2nd place.

Sorry to disagree, but i think that 1st place is ours...:BSCARF:

Sorry to disagree, but i think that 1st place is ours...:BSCARF:

In the current state, Porto won't go further then the group stage.

Groups seem quality, but i loved the irony of Milan/Real and Inter/Barça i just laughed hard when i saw that and ended up thinking -conspiracy? :SS -. lol

But pretty much expected group line-ups, ManU getting an easy group, Arsenal as well. The most competitive groups seem to be: Group A; Group C; Group D; Group E.

Looks quite good this year.

I'd prefer Porto to get the first spot and have Chelsea on the first knockout round, just to win at Stamford, and this time without a norwegian referee ;)

Back
Top Bottom