Bully: Scholarship Edition (360, Wii)

Didn't bother mate - you can't go wrong for £25 and I need some more games, I only own FIFA, Orange Box and PGR4!

Woohoo mine has been shipped, Shop-To just e-mailed me! Does this mean we'll get it tomorrow Dags?

My postie is awesome, I chat to him most mornings!

Woohoo, excited now. :)

Shop-To have stopped taking orders for this - they must have sold bucket loads because of the low £25 pricetag.

Drop some impressions when you've played it Mike :) And like the Eurogamer review says, stick with it for an hour or two until you get passed the tutorials :)

I will mate - hasn't arrived yet but don't think the postie has been.

*fingers crossed*

Well the postie delivered it and I've had a good hour or so on it - fucking hilarious game. Great dialogue, LOADS to do and real fun. The tutorial isn't as bad as the review makes out and is needed to understand how the game works. My only gripe so far is lesson time - the alarm bell was on my map so I followed it but it kept leading me out of the school and then when I left it showed on my map as being INSIDE the school so I missed the lesson. Meh.

Anyway, a steal at 25 quid, this is gonna give me hours of fun. :)

I had the same problem on the PS2 game, I never made it to any lessons because I couldn't find them, so I spent the time punching people and getting chased by the prefects :lol:

Rockstar has responded to reports of problems with the Xbox 360 version of Bully Scholarship Edition.

Gamers have been complaining that there are bugs in the game which cause it to freeze in the middle of play.

In a statement issued to Kotaku, Rockstar boss Sam Houser said the company is aware of the issue and is doing all it can to find a solution.

"It appears that some older 360s are experiencing frame-rate issues, freezes and other problems. You have our word that we never experienced any of this in QA - in any of our offices or at Microsoft," he stated.

"I am horrified, and we are now working around the clock to rectify this situation. Thanks to Neo-Gaf for bringing this matter to our attention. We love our games and put a huge amount of energy and care into making them all that they can be."

According to Houser, Rockstar "would never shove anything out the door - we never have and never will". He added, "We apologise to everyone affected for the inconvenience."

In the meantime, you could always opt for the Wii version of Scholarship Edition instead - or the PS2 game released back in 2006. That one was called Canis Canem Edit, you may recall, and won a fair bit of praise.

Mine seems to work perfectly *touches wood*.

What are they gonna do? Release an update or will customers have to send their disks back?

Nah, they'll just release a patch. I can't imagine it being a major issue or it would've been spotted in the testing. Probably just a few people who have came across it.

Looking forward to getting home to give it a try :) The achievements look pretty good too, encouraging you to explore all the game.

I have shit loads of work on but I keep going back to this, it's brilliant. The missions are so much fun and I actually LOVE the lessons (especially English!) which I thought would piss me off.

Great game, Rockstar have made a corker yet again.

Like I said mate, it's just pure fun. I can't find anything NOT to like. I dunno whether I'd pay £40 for it but at £25 it's a bargain, there's just so much to do. It's very well presented, the characters are all very individual, the lessons are fun, the fighting is spot-on, everything is quite light-hearted (so don't expect a GTA-style bloodbath), the music is FANTASTIC (as with all Rockstar games) and it's just so damn playable.

When I was a kid I had a game called "Back To School" on the ZX Spectrum. The idea of the game was very similiar to this but obviously it was all in 2-D. You had the option of going to your lessons OR bunking off. I wonder if Rockstar have borrowed any ideas from that VERY old title? Bully is also similiar to another ZX Spectrum game I had & loved which was called "How to be a complete bastard" where you played as Rick Mayall (from the Young Ones & Bottom) and the object was to annoy everyone at a party.

Very early sandbox style games there lads!

Cheers for the impressions Mike, glad to know you're enjoying it :)

Back to skool and skool daze were complete classics, loved them both, and yes Bully does remind somewhat of those, loved it on the PS2, gutted I can't play it on the 360 :(

Cheers for the impressions Mike, glad to know you're enjoying it :)

No worries mate. :)

Placebo - Skool Daze was the first one right? I just Googled it and that was the one I owned NOT Back To School (because the one I owned had a boys AND girls school.) Great YouTube footage of Skool Daze (You MUST watch this guys, the narrator is hilarous!)

Skool Daze:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y6BxBfk0LY4&feature=related

:lol:

EDIT: My bad, it WAS Back To School that I owned. Memories are flooding back!

How To Be A Complete Bastard (with the same guy narrating!):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nEcgLlf_9iA&feature=related

Back To School:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ltf8p-eveg

:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom