Best pes game in the series?

I wanted to post this short highlight clip that shows how a wet pitch affects the game in PES2008 PS2. The ball slows down a lot. Especially in the 50th goal.

Just a small part of the reason why this game is fantastic and my best PES. :)

Wow man that's incredible! The rain effect certainly wasn't like this on Pes5 and 6. It's amazing! I feel sorry now that I've never played this game on Ps2 while trying to enjoy the horrible PC version!

Perfectly above board if you own original copies of the games! Which I'm sure you do! (PM me later on and I'll dig out the info, at work at the moment.)

Yes i have originals :)

Ive just ordered another PES2008 in case my one stops working and there is none left.

I will PM you. A bit busy myself.;)

Wow man that's incredible! The rain effect certainly wasn't like this on Pes5 and 6. It's amazing! I feel sorry now that I've never played this game on Ps2 while trying to enjoy the horrible PC version!

Yep as i keep saying it is better than those games. It's just a shame it cannot be patched like them to have real kits and stadiums.

Last edited:
I wanted to post this short highlight clip that shows how a wet pitch affects the game in PES2008 PS2. The ball slows down a lot. Especially in the 50th goal.

Just a small part of the reason why this game is fantastic and my best PES. :)

FiFA RTWC 98 had this wet pitch slow down.

I don't know if wet pitch has any impact on PES 18 and FiFA 18.

FiFA RTWC 98 had this wet pitch slow down.

I don't know if wet pitch has any impact on PES 18 and FiFA 18.

I never played that FIFA if i'm honest and i don't think the slow down is as obvious, if included, in the newer games. Its a shame really because it adds to the weight of the ball and the passing making it feel more realistic.

I have, sadly enough, and it's set up... I was most recently playing SSX Tricky and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance with friends. I've still got a few patched PES games for it too - WE6FE for example.

The laser's on its way out but I recently discovered a memory card hack that means you can play games off a USB stick, and it makes things so much easier...
Thanks for the tip

1. PES 5 = undisputed classic
2. PES 2014 (v1.16 or 1.13) or also Winning Eleven 2014 Aoki Samurai for PS3

+ I also enjoy playing all the FIFA games on PS3 since 2014, e.g. FIFA 18 is surprisingly good for me in terms of gameplay and pace of play.
---
(taken into account that I don't have a gaming computer or PS4)

Interesting thread. So which of these "best" games then has the best modding communities? Because that game would be the best of both worlds, right?

I don't know how you guys can be at peace wtih a game that obviously cheats you blind !?

I really would like to know this..... PES 5 for example is the devil. There's no way to put it other, IMO.

no, you can't put cpu AI difficulty in the same sentence with pes 5 and pes 6.

it's clearly better on later one.

The CPU AI is pretty good especially in PES 5. The defense AI in PES 5 is the best defense AI in a footie game. However they forgot to make the Attacking AI more varied and lethal. They don't attack with purpose.

I feel like PES 6 is decent but it's far from the definitively best on the PS2 engine. It's only so popular on the PC because it's the last release on that engine on PC and has had the most modding support.

I find myself getting a little frustrated with PES 6 after a few games but PES 5 & WE9:LE keeps me coming back for more. I've got PES 2019 on PS4 and a bunch of other current gen games i enjoy but i'm always drawn back to my PC for my quick fix of PES. The game is magic and time capsule of an era gone by.

I feel like PES 6 is decent but it's far from the definitively best on the PS2 engine. It's only so popular on the PC because it's the last release on that engine on PC and has had the most modding support.

I find myself getting a little frustrated with PES 6 after a few games but PES 5 & WE9:LE keeps me coming back for more. I've got PES 2019 on PS4 and a bunch of other current gen games i enjoy but i'm always drawn back to my PC for my quick fix of PES. The game is magic and time capsule of an era gone by.

Don't worry homes... soon i will reveal the kicker bomb! I can see, that most people will probably (at first) feel a little dissapointed... But this game plays & looks absolute smooth after the nice patches - hardcore action football, constant flow, high entertainment & fun ! No feeling of being cheated or frustration - if you loose, you know it's because you didn't play good enough

Exactly what a a Football game should be. Hey, maybe you will made a video of it, it also has a seperate Worldcup Patch.

PS: There is no footage of this game with the patch on youtube!! Not one. It's like a secret :SMUG:

soon...

Back
Top Bottom