Best pes game in the series?

1. PES 2013 - well and truly stood the test of time, been playing it for 4 years now. Continued the massive improvement in the series that began with 2011, which unfortunately stalled out the very next year with the move to the Fox engine and the unfinished shitfest that was 2014.

2. PES 3 / WE7I - genuinely spectacular for its time, considering the garbage EA were putting out back then. A massive improvement on PES 2.

3. PES 5 - again, spectacular for its time and still good for a match or two on the old PS2 every now and then. I had a blast with this one.

PES6 nearly killed me. Played it every night until 4 am whilst holding-down a stressful day job. Online random matches was my heroin. No regrets though :P

Enjoyed 2011 and especially 2013. Didn't like what came next. PES2016 was a particular low point IMO - so many ridiculous exploits. Totally sloppy.

PES2017 is on track to trump them all, gameplay wise. I'm old enough now to keep the habit under control, mainly because I can't stay awake past 11pm these days :(

It's early days but I've had to force myself to play all of the PES games past 2013, so I've got to say, 2017 is the winner for me.

For me PES5 and PES4 where the best and PES6 by far the most overrated (i remember that at the time much people here hated it).

I'm also tempted to say that PES2017 might well be the best ever (i'm hesitatitng because of the exagerated impact of team spirit in ML).

1. PES 5
2. ISSPE 2
3. PES 6
4. PES 2012 (with a shitload of option files and gameplay hacks installed)

Not sure where 2017 will fit in just yet.

pes 1-5 were ok
pes 6 was the best for what it was at that time
pes 7 average
pes 08 2nd worst game in the series
pes 09 average
pes 10 had potential to be something but didnt happen
pes 11-13 very average
pes 14 again had potential
pes 15 was really good i rated it as the 3rd best in the series
pes 16 was the worst pes game iv ever experienced against AI, against P v P 2nd best in series
pes 17 for me is by far the best ever in the series by alot and theres room for more improvements possible from a patch to make it for me the best football game ever made.

My first experience was WE 3 (ISS 98, I was 19 then), I didn't play much because it's soon came WE 4 (ISS Pro Evo). I played a lot, the game play wasn't great but still so much fun.

Played WE 5 and played WE 6 (PES 2) a lot but didn't remember much about it, except having a lot of fun.

My favourite was WE 8 (PES 4). My favourite team was Fulham FC. I scored a lot of headers (Brian mcBride!) but didn't feel they were cheap goals

Last edited:
pes 1-5 were ok
pes 6 was the best for what it was at that time
pes 7 average
pes 08 2nd worst game in the series
pes 09 average
pes 10 had potential to be something but didnt happen
pes 11-13 very average
pes 14 again had potential
pes 15 was really good i rated it as the 3rd best in the series
pes 16 was the worst pes game iv ever experienced against AI, against P v P 2nd best in series
pes 17 for me is by far the best ever in the series by alot and theres room for more improvements possible from a patch to make it for me the best football game ever made.
pretty much the same, but i though pes 13 was decent

WE 9 (PES 5), WE 10 (PES 6) still so much fun. Then I stopped playing the game. I skip PES 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.
I played again PES 12 a little. I only remember scoring header was very easy.
Played PES 13 and 15 alot, a little PES 14 and 16.

I really didn't know that PES were so shit after PES 06.

I was and still am an average player. I never be dominant against my opponents (friends, offline).
The only game I was so dominant was PES 15.
I read on a forum about dribbling while holding L2. It's very difficult to nick the ball off my players. I only needed one player today carry the ball to go one on one with GK. But I didn't do this much because I am a fair realistic player. (I played mainly West Bromwich Albion and Crystal Palace).

Last edited:
I would say overall PES 2017 is the best.
PES 4, 5, 6 were great because they were very enjoyable. Played them vs 10-15 friends offline plus in my/our younger age we didn't have many life problems.

*I understand why a poster above said PES 4 was one of the worst.

The worst :
1. PES 2016
2. PES 2014 and PES 2015, can't decide. PES 2014 was shite but had potential, someone said the latest patches made this game great. PES 2015 is good vs human but vs CPU it's so bad.
3. PES 2012, played little but enough to give impression it's a bad footie game.

The best :
1. PES 05
2. PES 06
3. PES 2017

Last edited:
For me its PES 6, great games stand the test of time and the community is still supporting it and keeping it alive today. I remember getting it a day early from my local rental shop (closed down now) I was in my teens and I remember walking in expecting it to not be on the shelf, so when it was on the shelf a day early, I can remember pegging it back home to get money. It was like christmas day to a 5 year old. My love affair with that game started before it even officially came out! I still have that exact same copy. So it will always have a place in my heart. The amount of hours I spent on it, playing and editing, for sure was in the 1000's. I can understand why some say PES 5 though, because in someways the gameplay was better, more animations, especially in shooting. But PES 6 was the pinnacle of the series and the buzz around the game was at its highest. No-one I knew back then even fucked with FIFA. Pro Evo was THE football game.

Every Pro Evo after 6 was garbage though. EXCEPT for 2017. Which has actually made me feel like that teenager on PES 6 again.

Moving straight into number 1 is.....

1. PES2017 (PS4)
2. PES5 (PS2)
3. PES2009 (PS3) believe it or not i quite like it after reading the piggback guide or whatever it was called.

For me I love pes 6 until pes15 came long.I have played pes 15 for 2 consecutive years maybe 3 if not for pes2017. Pes 2016 is the worst footie game that I have ever played. Pes 17 surprisingly is the exact opposite of pes 16. it is indeed the best footie game that I have hope for and ever played.

it has to be PES 5, still the benchmark, i can say pes 2017 comes next, but the game got speed boost lately which is not welcome at all, the pace is frantic at least on pc, please change it back to its original state.

it has to be PES 5, still the benchmark, i can say pes 2017 comes next, but the game got speed boost lately which is not welcome at all, the pace is frantic at least on pc, please change it back to its original state.

This. It's back to frantic again like it was in PES 2016. At least online. I'm on PS4.

I have never understood how anyone enjoyed PES 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12.

They were really dark days for PES and the reason why I went over to FIFA. In fact, I would probably never have even given FIFA an after thought if the games above were even half decent.

Thank god PES is back to its best. I couldn't hack playing FIFA for another day, let alone a year.

Pes5 was the best ever. Still undisputed. Physical, realistic gameplay, slow pace, no compromises. I still go back to it (as a lot of other people) from time to time.

Pes 2011 isn't really popular but I loved that one. I think what really hold it back were the poor animations, but other than that I remember one of the most funny Master Leagues I've ever played.. the players characterization was also top notch.

Pes 2017 is very good and potentially it belongs in top three.

Honorable mentions to Pes 2013, Pes 6 (even if it was a huge downgrade from Pes 5 to me, it was still good on it's own and played a certain way), Pes 2009 (the most arcade of the entire saga, yet it was really fun to me).

1. PES 5 (Very balanced enough said)
2. PES 2013 (something about it was just so right, the running, walking, shooting, passing animations were very satisfying, it was very fun, also game modes like ML was at its best, they should have built up on that the following year)
3. PES 2017 (Very good, the additions of adaptive AI, defensively made it much stronger than before, advanced instructions, first touch, the responsiveness makes it really great)

Back
Top Bottom