Best NZB Sites?

Aha they were down yesterday when I tried, signed up now, will add to the list as every site seems to be suffering massive load issues, whichever sorts it out first will be the one I buy the next VIP on I guess :)

LOL yeah I saw that, slightly different closed message now, funnily enough when I saw it come back I downloaded an NZB as a test and it was fine, strange circumstances.

So GD are back again and hopefully for good now :)

2012-12-12

Back!
I know a lot of you maybe wondering about the down time and the "closure" message but everything is back up and running. Legal issues have been resolved in the sense that we no longer have any :)
Sorry for the scare!

GD.

It looks like they are clamping down a lot on Usenet now.

Search engine sites are closing and the providers are DCMA'ing a lot of stuff.

If anyone can send me a invite to a NZB site when they are taking in new members again it would be much appreciated :)

Besides the usenet stuff, is anyone seeing a migration to a new system or is it just going underground again?

Last edited:
various places have been mentioned here already.

As placebo once said to me. "read the thread" :BOP:

:LOL:.

I did and I seen a few. But I just wanted one good recommendation from one of you guys who are in the know.

I used to be in the know, but I don't have enough time or energy to be in the know anymore. I wish I was in the know, then I wouldn't have had the jonneymendoza treatment. But I'm not, so I'm dealing with it.

Thanks, as ever, Placebo. It's much appreciated :)

I'm pretty happy with nzbclub.com. Nothing too fancy, I'd say, but it's free and I found it to bring up more results than binsearch.info.

Which NZB provider are people using? I used to use Astraweb but I've read that they've removed a lot of stuff from their service and a lot of files don't show up.

I'm using Astraweb since August (50 USD for 1 TB), no problems at all since. I'm not using it for leeching games, though, but TV related material hasn't been an issue for me so far.

astraweb here and they have an auto removal setup with this DMCA and I have noticed things like UFC, supernatural and other TV stuff removed within an hour.

Oh, I see, must have been lucky then. I'm watching lots of series (Homeland, Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, blabla) and they've been fine. Thanks for the headsup, though :)

It's within minutes on Astraweb not hours :( Arrow/Revolution/Nashville apparently on the auto-DMCA list (obviously there's a lot more but I only watch Arrow/Revolution that it applies to), fortunately I've moved on now (well I already had about a year ago) to a highwinds reseller (thecubenet) but they're pretty much as bad as Astraweb so I switched providers this month and now have a main provider + two backups. Obviously not going to name them publicly but if anyone's looking for an alternative to Astraweb PM me.

I've been using Astraweb for ages but recently as people have said loads of stuff is getting DCMA'd

Sickbeard (to keep track of my TV shows as each new episode is aired it then downloads the NZB for that tvshow and put it into a folder) + sabnzbd (monitors the folder and then automatically downloads each NZB as it finds it in the folder which it scans every 30 seconds).

Basically I now wake up each morning and the previous night's shows are sat waiting in nice HD, extracted with all the rars and other crap deleted :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom