Best NZB Sites?

Well two of the sites I was using have gone down as of today and yesterday. Anyone else noticing this with their sites? I was using nzbmatrix.eu (hosted in NL) and nzb7(hosted in NO). :(

Weird, I get a blank page (both from home and work) with:

"Offline, sorry. Not my call"

Using a proxy I can visit the site, I guess NL is blocking it.

Well UK ISPs are really stupid these days so probably some lame ISP block, I did notice them having some performance issues probably as they underestimated the demand.

usenet is turning a bit shit really.

astraweb who used to be always good have lately gone even worse, not only removing certain stuff they are coming through corrupt that even pars cant repair

I am now looking into a seedbox provider. anyone gone down this route

Astraweb have been bad for knocking on two years bud. I cancelled my account with them in August 2011 because of all the auto-dmca crap (plus the fact they were no longer the most competitive around), best bang for buck is a Dutch one ExtremeUsenet.nl that allows account sharing, you can get a 120mbit unlimited account for £82 a year, split the 20 connections between three people with 6-7 connections each, should max out your downloads and works out £28 or so per year :)

nooo_steve_carrell.gif

There's nzbgrabit.co.uk still..

Soooo, not sure what the last thread was we suggest usenet providers or such, but IMO the best of them around these days just sent me a 15% off voucher so figured I'd share it here :)

http://www.extremeusenet.nl/

• 900 days of retention
  • European servers
  • Access 150.000 groups
  • You can share your account
  • 99,7% complete on our servers
  • Free usage of SSL
  • Unlimited downloading
  • Speeds up to 200 Mbit

Loads of different packages to choose from depending on your needs, myself and a friend have an 120Mbit unlimited account that we share for £35 a year each works great and both max out our connections, very little is lost to DMCA compared to many of the bigger Usenet providers as well.

Use ZOMER2013 at checkout to get the 15% off :)

Pretty sure Virgin throttle newsgroups, or Supernews on port 119 at least. Getting awful speeds from it of an evening.

Edit: Changing to SSL fixed that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Does anyone know a newsserver that responds the slowest to take down notices? The one I have now tends to be pretty compliant.

Talking about such news servers in public is the fastest way for them to stop being useful ;) I'll PM you the links of the servers I use.

At the end of the day there's no one single server that satisfies all of the criteria one would want from a usenet server, ie speed, retention, slow DMCA etc. etc. I currently have 3 main usenet server subscriptions plus a 4th which is provided as part of my Premiumize subscription (multiple premiums on http hosts + geoIP shaping + usenet access for 50 Euros a year).

In terms of TV Shows/Movies they will all be DMCA'd eventually, from filehosts and/or usenet, the solution is to use apps such as sickbeard/couchpotato that automatically search and download for the stuff you want.

So completely out of the blue got an Email from Eweka this week to tell me they are now including a free, unlimited VPN account with all of their usenet packages, so they definitely become my recommended EU usenet provider!

Probably not the cheapest but easily the best EU usenet provider that has its own backbone rather than being partnered with a US one (which brings in lots of problems as you can imagine, through this link there's a special offer to get the 100Mbit account for €7,50 a month.

http://www.eweka.nl/partners/?a_aid=ngr&a_bid=cbSUMnawZcmDJH0R2n9CDBgWvbXIDdLg

This is what the 100Mbit account offer:

- Speeds up to 100 Mbit/s
- Account sharing not allowed
- Up to 2116 Days of Retention
- Access to all available newsgroups
- High quality world-wide newsfeed exchange
- Super fast Privately Owned 600 Gigabit/s backbone
- Optimal completion of over 99.5%
- No usage limits, No contracts
- Respect for your privacy
- 8 connections per account
- Access to online control panel
- Support via email and chat

I'll do a test shortly to see what speeds I get ;)

The VPN you get free is from IPVanish and gives the following:

Free Award Winning IPVanish VPN Software
100% Online Security
No logging
Wi-Fi Hotspot Protection
NAT Firewall
Hide Behind 14,000+ IPs
115+ servers in 52 countries.
OpenVPN, L2TP, en PPTP Protocols
VOIP Support

Worth $77.99 a year as it stands :)

I'm also with Supernews and they're really bad now in terms of content.

Edit: With my test earlier I got 109Mbit so almost 10% better than their advertised speed, of course I have 500Mbit internet though ;)

I downloaded something earlier, was 43gb in size and uploaded on the 18th July 2012, Eweka had it, ExtremeUsenet (my other provider had it), Supernews did not have it.

Last edited:
Could anyone be so kind and point me in the right direction for Usenet sites to add to Sick Beard?

Back
Top Bottom