Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Percy Ingles!

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Neither!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmmm I'm not picky. I actually prefer Wenzels. Which is a Southern thing AFAIK. Its HQ is just up the road.

Think there is a Bakers Oven in Ruislip (along with Wenzels and Greggs) now so i'll give that a try.

Yeah ASDA is fine. I go to Tesco, but that's just what's nearest.

I don't get why people hate McDonald's either, it's better that Burger King.

Jumberto, Burger King's strawberry milkshakes are fab.

DJ, no I didn't, I would die of a heart-attack from all the cheese pasties. I worked at a similar place but it was a local no-name shop.

Yeah ASDA is fine. I go to Tesco, but that's just what's nearest.

I don't get why people hate McDonald's either, it's better that Burger King.

I love McDonalds. When I was younger BK was better but it's switched round now, I could live on McDonalds if it wasn't full of fat.

That's all well and good but they're supposed to be Burger King not Milkshake King!! Their burgers are just so bland and tasteless, I nearly died of dehydration when I had it last time because it dryed my mouth out so badly!! Give me a Big Mac any day.

Anyway, I've not been to either for months, or a Greggs or anything like that for that matter. Can make better myself.

Yana - glad you agree. Only one other person I know actually feels the same!

Being a vegetarian I can't really comment on the burgers, but as a vegetarian I can say that McDonalds are shit on that front. The only veggie food they do is a deli sandwich, and a disgusting deli sandwich at that - it's just a spicy breadcrumby potato cake thing on bread. Without cheese it's dry as fuck, with cheese it tastes of nothing but funky cheese.

Burger King's veggie burgers are lovely, but nothing spectacular. So I'm quite happy with a milkshake.

Yeah, my gf is a veggie too and so she hates McDonald but likes the bean burger things from BK. She said McD's used to do an ok veggie burger but stopped it and replaced it with a soya version which she doesn't eat.

They did you know, they got rid of it a couple of years ago nationwide and I just couldn't understand it. It was about the time they started pushing "healthy" food as well (such as salads that they actually stuck sugar into - Google it). Yeah, pots of lettuce, £1.50, but no vegetable burgers (despite being a burger restaurant). Great.

The soya one which they introduced a few months later was really bad, it was like eating a large pencil-eraser with sauce on it, and within a year that had gone. Now it's just the "veggie deli sandwich", which is just breadcrumb-coating nothingness on bread.

I haven't been to McDonalds in a long time now, which is great really. It's only the donuts of theirs that I like. I'm on Dominoes Pizzas now though, Vegaroma pizza + their new Belgian waffles = one extremely fat and happy Jack Bauer.

The reason McD's don't do a "veggie" burger is they don't want to compromise their core product... No word of a lie one of their top guys said this on a report show some years back..
Being a long time veggie myself I don't frequent either though I did like Subways veggie patty with lots of chillies and chilly sauce, but they changed patty manufacturers a while back and they are not as good.

Last edited:
Haha the lady loves Pizza too, must be a veggie thing! She actually took the time to write to McDonald's when they stopped the burger saying that they were cutting vegetarians out of their market and that if she wanted to eat a veggie burger that was made to taste like meat, she may aswell just get a quarter pounder. She's sad like that. :)

I haven't had a Dominoe's Pizza for years because they wont deliver to us because we're about a mile out of their delivery zone and I cant drive to collect. Rubbish.

The reason McD's don't do a "veggie" burger is they don't want to compromise their core product... No word of a lie one of their top guys said this on a report show some years back..
Being a long time veggie myself I don't frequent either though I did like Subways veggie patty with lots of chillies and chilly sauce, but they changed patty manufacturers a while back and they are not as good.
What the hell is the sense in that? You'd think a burger bar would want to serve as many burgers to as many people as possible, whether they're meat, bean, soya or whatever the hell demand is for.

Oh well, like I say, I'm a lot better off without the place. They are actually one of the big reasons I became vegetarian. When I was 18 I would go there every day on the way to (and sometimes from) college. I won't tell you what weight I got up to, but I can tell you that I am almost half that weight now.

I haven't had a Dominoe's Pizza for years because they wont deliver to us because we're about a mile out of their delivery zone and I cant drive to collect. Rubbish.
Same here with Pizza Hut. They keep advertising that pizza with the rippable dippable crust. Over and over and over. It's as if they know we can't get one here.

I do my shopping at ASDA. Me and proxi are not scum! :((
Indeed, we're a notch above Scum. Just the one. But as for Greggs being the ASDA of bakeries, that is an insult to ASDA indeed Sanjeed! I don't step foot in those stinking Greggs shanty towns, it's like waking up in a sexual dream about pastry and Paddy McGuinness with their cheesy fucking "oh aye, 'ave a bit o' these steak bakes", the chain is more like the Girls Aloud of bakeries - unattractive, over-rated, over-exposed and proper fucking bollocks, they have around a quarter of the meat I like in a sausage roll and their service reminds me of what it's probably like for a starving family queueing up for handouts in the slums, it's shit.

Bakers Oven are great, as are Beres.

Fuck the steak bake, and fuck the flake explosion that is their over-pastried sausage roll, my carpet will never be graced with such filth.

I don't step foot in those stinking Greggs shanty towns, it's like waking up in a sexual dream about pastry and Paddy McGuinness with their cheesy fucking "oh aye, 'ave a bit o' these steak bakes", the chain is more like the Girls Aloud of bakeries - unattractive, over-rated, over-exposed and proper fucking bollocks, they have around a quarter of the meat I like in a sausage roll and their service reminds me of what it's probably like for a starving family queueing up for handouts in the slums, it's shit.
I'm thinking you got dumped by a girl who worked at Greggs or she slept with your best mate.. ;))

Maybe she'll jump off the bandwagon when I take her to Bakers Oven for the next anniversary Jack, I'm sure a romantic roast ham on french roll and mini sausage roll will banish all horrible Greggs infections :)

It's more like I got dumped by the meat from me Greggs sausage rolls, who ran off with a tastier, sexier pastry from the Oven :D

Being a vegetarian I can't really comment on the burgers, but as a vegetarian I can say that McDonalds are shit on that front. The only veggie food they do is a deli sandwich, and a disgusting deli sandwich at that - it's just a spicy breadcrumby potato cake thing on bread. Without cheese it's dry as fuck, with cheese it tastes of nothing but funky cheese.

It's £1.99 on Tuesdays, only time I go :-pp

Same here Tik. Me and the missus call McDonalds/BK/KFC etc "heart attack in a box" food.

Right well I just read in The Mirror this morning that Greggs own Bakers Oven, so really there both making same stuff. pretty pointless poll now :((

Agreed, and closed. No more mention of the bakeries in this topic title, please. The forum has had enough of these bakery wars, WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom