Arsenal Thread

Yeah, he's an excellent player - big upgrade on what Arshavin has become.

Arsenal have been pretty shrewd this off season, and I bet they'll cover all expenditure with the sale of RvP.

The business we are doing just makes Van persies statement even more ridiculous, we are very much strengthening the team, if he would have stayed we could have really competed, I'm sure we will without him, but losing your best striker, captain and one of the best strikers in Europe, is a blow. But with these signings it is the blow is softened somewhat :))

We don`t know what the future stands with RVP if he stays...look at Ade he manage 40 goals and never regain that again.Bob, I really feel that statement(RVP`s) is meant for the board and I have a sneaky suspicious it was approved by Wenger. Remember RVP never said he wants out ,just not signing a new contract. Nasri left not only for money ,but Arsenal look happy being in 4th and paying towards the debt.

Javi Martin (reporter Malaga) ,Sid Lowe (no introduction needed)

98134432.png

capqh.png

90714406.png

regardless who comes our target is a trophy ...I still think 3rd n 4th spot will be our realistic target . I can`t see MUTD or City slowing down regardless how much they lack in the market. Sahin might be interesting with so many sick note midfielders we have.

Last edited:
I think Arsenal can do well and finish better this season even without RvP. He may be the best striker in the League right now, but I don't think he has another similar season in him.
However, just in case, I'd prefer Arsenal to ship him out of the Premier League. Enough of making our rivals stronger.

The fate of our season can be shaped by our start. Last season we had a disastrous start and that meant we were trying to catch up for the remainder of the season. Now we need a strong start and stay with the pack in the top 3 positions.

I just hope we can sort our problems and have a strong start. At the moment things aren't looking very promising. Wenger said neither Podolski or Giroud are ready to play in the first round, and RvP probably won't even sit on the bench - so I think we have a big chance of seeing Chamakh or Bendtner start up front in our first fixtures!

Not to mention all the injury problems in the midfield... It's not looking too good.
I'd hate to have to play catch up with the other teams all over again.

I think Arsenal can do well and finish better this season even without RvP. He may be the best striker in the League right now, but I don't think he has another similar season in him.
However, just in case, I'd prefer Arsenal to ship him out of the Premier League. Enough of making our rivals stronger.

The fate of our season can be shaped by our start. Last season we had a disastrous start and that meant we were trying to catch up for the remainder of the season. Now we need a strong start and stay with the pack in the top 3 positions.

I just hope we can sort our problems and have a strong start. At the moment things aren't looking very promising. Wenger said neither Podolski or Giroud are ready to play in the first round, and RvP probably won't even sit on the bench - so I think we have a big chance of seeing Chamakh or Bendtner start up front in our first fixtures!

Not to mention all the injury problems in the midfield... It's not looking too good.
I'd hate to have to play catch up with the other teams all over again.

It's a weird one unless Giroud or Podolski are injured I don't understand why they wouldn't play, they can come on as subs, if they are lacking match fitness, then that would be best for them anyway. Or maybe he want's to rest them, but he can rest them later in the season, when we get off to a good start.

Midfield I think we will be ok, who is out injured to start with? We will have Song, Ramsey, Rosicky, Diaby (If he lasts! :)) ) Wenger played the Ox in the centre as well in preseason.

I think Bendtner will be sold soon, but I don't think it is that bad if he plays the first couple of games, if he is played in the centre, but that is another story.

Our defence is all fit (as far as I know?) and that is the key I think, last season, we had most of our defence injured for a large chunk of the beginning of the season, that was a HUGE problem for us.

The biggest problem we have is the futures of Van Persie and Walcott, these need to be sorted out quickly, otherwise it will go against us.

At Bebo, I think you are being a bit optimistic there mate :))

I actually think RVP is doing Arsenal a big favour and is acting against his own long term interests.
Most of you will remember i don't rate RVP that high, the problem was that i stated that at the wrong time. It is undeniable that last season he was class in the EPL. The way he played at the Euro's is more like the RVP i know (minus injuries). IMO he will never have a season like last one, so Arsenal should let him go...
If Cazorla (and Sahin) come (come) that will be a big asset (just like Sahin could be a big asset). I have my doubts about Giroud however. I think he's a fine player, but Chamakh was even better and Arsène never gave him a decent chance...
I think Arsena l still need a couple of players to be competitive.

I actually think RVP is doing Arsenal a big favour and is acting against his own long term interests.
Most of you will remember i don't rate RVP that high, the problem was that i stated that at the wrong time. It is undeniable that last season he was class in the EPL. The way he played at the Euro's is more like the RVP i know (minus injuries). IMO he will never have a season like last one, so Arsenal should let him go...
If Cazorla (and Sahin) come (come) that will be a big asset (just like Sahin could be a big asset). I have my doubts about Giroud however. I think he's a fine player, but Chamakh was even better and Arsène never gave him a decent chance...
I think Arsena l still need a couple of players to be competitive.
Actually if you remember right Chamakh has been giving the chance when Van Persie was injured and he was really doing fine scoring goals and playing really nicely but after Persie was ready to play, he never got his chance anymore.

I think this time Van Persie have to leave for the team's benefit as he'll not have the same season as last year + the amount of attacking players is too damn high in Arsenal's squad !

The problem is Chamakh will probably go to another club as Wenger said he'll not be a key player just like Bendtner.

Imo next year will be really hard even if Cazorla is a good signing and ahin might come.

Last edited:
Our defence is all fit (as far as I know?) and that is the key I think, last season, we had most of our defence injured for a large chunk of the beginning of the season, that was a HUGE problem for us.

Sagna will miss the start of the season, still recovering from that injury and operation that ruled him out of the Euros. That's a worry!

Youngster Jenkinson is still very raw. So much so that we might even see a bit of Niko Yennaris or Coq playing at RB while Sagna recovers.

Sagna will miss the start of the season, still recovering from that injury and operation that ruled him out of the Euros. That's a worry!

Youngster Jenkinson is still very raw. So much so that we might even see a bit of Niko Yennaris or Coq playing at RB while Sagna recovers.

Ahh, yes that is a worry, but if we can keep the rest of the defence fit, then I still think we will be ok. Hopefully what they are learning from Stevey Stevey Bold, will improve them all as well ;))

So crap what is happening with Van Persie and Walcott at the moment, if it wasn't for this I would be really excited about Arsenal next season, I still am, but it has put a dampener on things.

Both are replacable players, but the decision can't be dragged on...

Definately, I think Giroud and Podolski are great signings and also Corzola sounds really good. The big problem as you say is it dragging on, it needs to just end, so we can get on with everything and the team that is going to be playing next season, can play together and have no distractions.

Why nobody talk about sahin, Rumours said Arsenal both agreed deal for Sahin and Cazorla...finaly we got a potent cesc replacement is the deal is real!

Why nobody talk about sahin, Rumours said Arsenal both agreed deal for Sahin and Cazorla...finaly we got a potent cesc replacement is the deal is real!

nothing to talk about really, it will only happen once Mou gets Modric. Mou will be a fool to let go of Sahin w/o securing Mod and imo Sahin is better than Mod ,unless Sahin has a unknown condition we don`t know about. I remember sahin was much better than ozil. I also, remember diego being labeled,miles better than kaka. The reality depends what club plays and nurture your grow better.

also, Galatasaray made a strong bid and claim a move is imminent!

jonney! Where have you been buddy. Has Wenger satisfied your craving for new meat? I'm looking forward to Cazorla in an Arsenal shirt.

been watching olympics. not bothered much about footy these days. i check arsenal news maybe once a week.And yes i am happy with wengers signings and i also think RVP is gunna sign a new contract ie doing a rooney.

The tabloids are calling Alex Song an outcast... yeah right, the outcast who provided such marvelous assists all season is an outcast.

Definately, I think Giroud and Podolski are great signings and also Corzola sounds really good.

You made my day with this Bobby. Remember those days when Konami didn't have licences for names in their PES/Winning Eleven games? (whereas Ronaldo was Ronarid, etc)
Corzola would be there for sure! :LOL:

Great signing for Arsenal if this goes all well. We should be expecting the official announcement from Arsenal still today.

Now one more midfielder (and it could well be Sahin), so we don't have to depend on the fitness of Wilshere/Diaby/Rosicky. And we're pretty much done!

For players coming in is all looking very well. But there is the situation with Van Persie, Walcott, Arshavin, Bendtner...

We have to sell whoever doesn't want to stay, this cannot be carrying on. And I agree with Gerd, Van Persie is not irreplaceable, let alone Theo.

You made my day with this Bobby. Remember those days when Konami didn't have licences for names in their PES/Winning Eleven games? (whereas Ronaldo was Ronarid, etc)
Corzola would be there for sure! :LOL:

Great signing for Arsenal if this goes all well. We should be expecting the official announcement from Arsenal still today.

Now one more midfielder (and it could well be Sahin), so we don't have to depend on the fitness of Wilshere/Diaby/Rosicky. And we're pretty much done!

For players coming in is all looking very well. But there is the situation with Van Persie, Walcott, Arshavin, Bendtner...

We have to sell whoever doesn't want to stay, this cannot be carrying on. And I agree with Gerd, Van Persie is not irreplaceable, let alone Theo.

He should be called Corzola, it sounds better :PP

If we get Sahin as well, then it will be a great bit of business this summer.

Mourhino told the press that Sahin is free to leave this season! so the rumours might be true. That could be the best signing of the season for Arsenal.

Well , Mou is bothered by Sahin it seems, Arsenal had to phone Sahin to convince him for the loan,yesterday. I thought Mou wanted to wait for Mod and maybe he`ll go with Dembele (Spurs chess move) It seem RM thinks €8m is something they can double w/ Arsenal at the end of the deal. Although I think RM wants him back after the loan (the value stay high w/ that statement) I think the hold up is the option to buy after loan by Sahin's ppl.

kbk.png

Arteta is a our most valuable player atm, PL proven is so key and I`m thinking Sahin wont be getting into the team that easy. Diaby is said to have a good partnership w/ Arteta. I think Song is the one to partner with.

Sahin would be good at Arteta`s sub. I would rather get a PL proven player and that makes the difference. Look at Angel Rangel stats :)) Spanish seems to be the new Brasilian .

kbk.png

Arteta is a our most valuable player atm, PL proven is so key and I`m thinking Sahin wont be getting into the team that easy. Diaby is said to have a good partnership w/ Arteta. I think Song is the one to partner with.

Sahin would be good at Arteta`s sub. I would rather get a PL proven player and that makes the difference. Look at Angel Rangel stats :)) Spanish seems to be the new Brasilian .

Yaya is an absolute BEAST :WORSHIP:

It seems Cazorla is a done deal for Arsenal. Transfer of the season for me.
I'm really getting excited for the new EPL season, lots of good players i'm looking forward to: Cazorla, Giroud, Podolski, Hazard, Oscar, Kagawa, Vertonghen....
Suddenly Arsenal have a very strong squad. You just need a really good GK and (maybe) a cynical DMF...

It is, now it's official and announced by the club! :)

caz_arteta-460x250.jpg

Excellent stuff! Buena suerte, Santi!

Back
Top Bottom