Arsenal Thread

Walcott's season 2011-2012 is underrated. IMO he had a very good season considering the talent he REALLY has(i.e. a very good player, but not the next world beater). IMO Walcott was one of the better Arsenal players.

It seems lots of fans think he is underachieving, IMO he isnt. Their expectations were way too high.

Walcott's season 2011-2012 is underrated. IMO he had a very good season considering the talent he REALLY has(i.e. a very good player, but not the next world beater). IMO Walcott was one of the better Arsenal players.

It seems lots of fans think he is underachieving, IMO he isnt. Their expectations were way too high.

Oh, he had a good year and hit his targets IMO too, the problem is that he is not and never will be worth £100k a week, it's stupid the amounts players demand now, next it will be The Swiss Bloke saying he defended well for.. A game, and wants £200k a week other wise he will move to Wigan, an even then he will be 3rd choice Centreback.

The thing with Walcott is that no top teams would really want him? (The teams that can spend 100k a week on him) and even if they did want him, would they give him that much in wages?

I think he might be shooting himself in the foot in this situation, he is just going to piss us off and not be able to move anywhere better unless he lowers his wage expectations.

It would be a big shame if he left, because I do think he will get better as a player and after investing so much time in him, it will be crap to see him go.

But to be honest I will not lose any sleep over it, as long as we get someone in as a replacement.

Arseblog says he might be looking over his shoulder with Oxlade-Chamberlain looking really promising. But I don't buy that either.

I think it's purely a case of money unsettling players. It would be a shame indeed to lose Theo after developing him for so many years, and at times he looked like an exciting player.

His last season was good indeed, he produced a goal return that is well above his average, but he could still have grabbed more than that. Having watched him closely, we know he still lacks composure in front of goal and missed easy chances. And his number of assists was good, but Arshavin had something like 15 in the previous season and people still wanted to send him to execution.
Fans get impatient with Walcott too, but nothing like the amount of stick Arshavin got. I still think Theo gets a little bit more leeway.

I'm not sure Bobby, if City or Chelsea would suddenly grow a sense of responsibility towards spending money. I could see Chelsea offering him what he wants. And it's not as if Chelsea have many better players. How much is that Sturridge kid earning?

I think the threat is real. But of course, he is not exactly irreplaceable. Hardly like losing van Persie.

Time will tell that RVP's 2011-2012 season was a one off, the big exception.

I agree that his last season was a freakish event. Dont't get me wrong, I still think Robin clearly is a top quality striker. He could maybe pull it off again if he stays fit and sharp, but it is very very unlikely.

The problem is that he is the focal point of the team and he is the captain. We are about to lose a captain yet again...

RVP had his best season and the accolades to go along with it. I would want Theo to stay , we know at 27 he`ll be a whole new player. We could have Alex, Jack and Ramsey playing like Barca , not in terms of quality ,but of chemistry.

Keeping the lot as long as they can, RVP did his time and I`m grateful for the 3rd spot he contribute this year. I hear Afellay might join to help RVP stay , that will be a massive mistake.

I`m expect great things from Gervinho this season.

Oxlade-Chamberlain said:
“To get back into training, see the boys and play football again – I just can’t wait for it,” Oxlade-Chamberlain told Arsenal Player.

“I spoke to the boss and Colin [Lewin] the physio and they said I am in on Thursday, but I asked if I could come in earlier! I just can’t wait to get started again and get cracking with the new season.”

Last edited:
This is the season when Gervinho needs to get his act together. No more excuses of adaptation, he has played one full season now.

Affelay could be a good signing. Not to keep RvP, I'm speaking of the player himself.
The Jovetic and Fellaini rumours got cold, it's a pitty.

As for Walcott, I'm all for him staying as long as he stays also in touch with reality.

Arsenal still has an awful lot to do. Not only sort out the situation of RvP and Walcott, and reinforce sectors such as midfield, but also sell the unwanted lot. There's a lot of selling to do!

U see gerd, this what happens when suger daddy cunts come in and ruin the game of football to a whole new level.

you moan and complain about how arsenal and co moved away from others to create there own secret empire sharing most of the funds generated in football yet u seem fine with suger daddy ruining it even worse.

see whats happening to walcott. now his demanding 100k. mate fuck off walcott. 100k for what?

is he on crack? GERD dont u fucking see the severe damage being done because of the suger daddy's making arsenal and co's break away seem like childs play?

Chill Jonney, chill! :LOL:

I think the issue of sugar daddies has been discussed to exhaustion here. It just came to show everybody has a breaking point. 10 years ago Robin probably wouldn't have done that, Walcott wouldn't be "on crack"... A player such as Thiago Silva would never have moved to bloody PSG mate!
But football today shows us that everybody has their price. Or as a famous quote says: "The world is not short of prostitutes. What it lacks is payers". Or something like that :P

Hi jonney. Yes i see it. I'm not blind to it.
But what those clubs are doing is a consequence of what happened before. We both agree about the fact that football is ruïned (relatively) but disagree about the moment it got ruïned. To you the sugar daddies corrupted football, to me they are a next step on the ladder of corruption.

I'm afraid we will never agree on this, but maybe we should stress the fact that basically we agree about what is happening.

And about Walcott. Of course it's absurd that people can earn that amount of money (even more considering the fact that other people have far more relevant professions and earn a lot less). But can you really blame Walcott. Unfortunately football lives in a free market economy and as long as Walcott has the impression that there will be people how are willing those stupid amounts of money, to me he has every right asking this. I would do exactly the same thing, and maybe you will not admit it, but i'm pretty sure that you would also.

Look at the bright side, the club you love is still one of the best in the world and perhaps the most attractive to watch. I really envy people who can see all Arsenal's home matches...

Since Wenger is with youyr club, Arsenal is much more than money. Even much more than tradition. Arsenal is a brand that stands for a playing style that is extremely attractive...There are not many clubs in the world who have accomplished this. I only see Barcelona, Ajax and Arsenal. To me that is a huge accomplishment. That is why i love Arsenal as a Spurs fan... (People in the Spurs thread will be over the moon with this post).

Arsene Wenger spotted watching Brazil during preparations in Arsenal's training ground.

Neymar just happened to score a wonder goal in front of him during the practice. Reportedly he's keeping tabs on Ganso, who's a wantaway at Santos. But I just can't imagine Arsenal meeting the fee that will be asked for any of these players.

arsenewenger_mowapress.jpg

How cool is Arsene in his hood? :D

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...l-treina-pela-primeira-vez-no-ct-arsenal.html

There is a rumour that both Arsenal and Liverpool are after Kevin Mirallas.
In the Liverpool thread i've been writing that IMO Mirallas is better suited to play for Arsenal but i have my doubts that he is good enough. PLF thinks he is good enough.

I never heard of him gerd ,but you know most in here haven`t either :P you will have to enlighten us w/ what you know of him and why does he fit the Arsenal model?

I never heard of him gerd ,but you know most in here haven`t either :P you will have to enlighten us w/ what you know of him and why does he fit the Arsenal model?

He played for Olympiacos last September in the Champ League vs. the Arse

Can't say i remember too much about his play / style, but he was second to Djbril Cisse in goals scored in the Greek League 2010-11.

He's also a master league fav of mine :)

Last edited:
He was MVP in the Greek competition in the 11-12 season and top scorer if i remember right.

He is a small player, very technical, the sort of player that Wenger loves. In France he didn't score that much, but in Greece he does...

To be fair, in France, he was playing mostly as a winger though Gerd! And he was a teenager back then. Had a lot to learn. It sounds like he's grown quite a lot since then and of course his talent was already clearly to see even back then.

I've only seen him a few times in Oympiakos but it sounds like he's being used more as the focal point of attack, as a striker.

So Wenger declared that IF Diaby is fit and Wilshere recovers well, we are not short of midfield options and box-to-box players!

Some Arsenal fans across the Internet are having hissy fits and jitters with this statement. But I'm not just yet.

Wenger cannot announce to the world that he is buying. He never does that. So I'm hoping he is secretly preparing a bid or two to strengthen our midfield.

But the truth is, we never know what Wenger really is up to. If he really really meant that, then we're screwed. No way Diaby and Wilshere can be counted on. Let's face it, it's been 1 full year since Wilshere last played football in any level.
Not to mention we have Arteta and Rosicky recovering, and Ramsey didn't have a good season, some said he was overplayed... yet there he is playing for Team GB in the Olympics.

I truly hope Wenger realises how we are short in midfield, and that he is pulling off a major bluff here, otherwise we're proper f*cked.

This is good news http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18965563

He has been one of our best players and like many I feel he is our number one central defender at the moment.

Although he will probably become rubbish and then everybody in a couple of years time will say why the hell did Arsene pay him so much and on such a long deal? etc etc.

It is dissapointing that Wenger said we are not getting Mvilla, we need a more defensive minded player. We have lots of midfielders, but none really that can fill that defensive role properly if Song is out. Hopefully something happens.

We are also after Santi Cazorla by all account and he sounds like a great player, but again attacking.

I just want the Van Persie and Walcott situations sorted now! this very minute, if they don't want new contracts sell them both.

Last edited:
Cazorla is fantastic Bobby, could turn out to be the next David Silva. That would be an awesome transfer for Arsenal.

Koscielny definitely is Arsenal's best defender right now. Well, he has had solid performances since he arrived - the only exception I can think of now is that Carling Cup blunder, but that's one split second mistake. I also remember his performance against Barcelona.

If he gets a great contract, then I'm happy. What people got (rightly) mad is having the likes of Bendtner, Denilson and Diaby on lots of money. None of those guys performed anything close to consistent.

Koscielny now has had what... 85 starts for Arsenal? The player who has been most used my Wenger.

As for Cazorla, I'd be happy to have such a player. But he's already 27. I'm not sure about his development, he is pretty much a finished article now. A player for the here and the now. Nothing wrong with that, we need it!

Wenger seems to have completely given up on N'Villa. I've heard some rumours that he had been a bit of a prick in the French dressing room during the Euros. A little bit Nasri/Gallas kind of character. We don't need another Frenchman with an attitude problem.

But hell, we definitely need a holding midfielder and perhaps a creative one too.

Back
Top Bottom