Active Soccer 2023

Whatever : all that matters now to me is that the release on console won't be too late like in a month...
Are you seriously demanding ("all that matters to ME") / expecting a console release of this early-access PC launch in a month? "Too late"? Mate, your attitude stinks sometimes.

He's getting bombarded on Twitter by people saying "when on console" and "when on Android" etc... The development is not at that point yet and he's explained this. If you spam your question about this one more time you'll be banned.

This is on my wish list. I don't really back early access games anymore after the Sociable Soccer fiasco.

But, will this game have an edit mode in the future? I'm one for real names lol.

Also, if someone could publish a list of leagues/teams in the future, that would be awesome.
yes, a basic editor (csv file import / export) will be available in a couple of days

Are you seriously demanding ("all that matters to ME") / expecting a console release of this early-access PC launch in a month? "Too late"? Mate, your attitude stinks sometimes.

He's getting bombarded on Twitter by people saying "when on console" and "when on Android" etc... The development is not at that point yet and he's explained this. If you spam your question about this one more time you'll be banned.
No problem Chris, Vialli82 provided a lot of valuable feedback. I am grateful to him.
Porting a game on a console requires to pass a lot of checks, I would like to release the final version in 2-3 months and start the porting to consoles.
Luckly I have already released 2 games so the transactions should be smooth

Last edited:
thank you very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it
1) I am not a PC guy so I didn't know what V-Sync was about. I will study and try to enable it by default
2) ok, will fix it
3) I have good news, a decide to develop a way to edit player and teams and it will be available in the next patch. I can't really tell you the real names because I have had already enough legal issues with Bundesliga...
4) Alt + F4. I am surprised not everyone knows what Alt F4 does :-)

Thank you very much!
There is a misunderstanding about the Alt+F4 function. I've seen for 2 decades people saying it's bad for the PC. Fact is that it's not. It's just shutting down the relevant software running at the time. You just need to do it when the software is not processing anything on the hdd. Like the autosave feature warning to not shut down your console or PC.

Not sure if this just part of the controller issue I'm having in the menus but how do you alter the player positions and arrows in the tactics screen? I can click onto them but cannot move them.

EDIT: actually, just worked out that it's registering each of my controller button clicks multiple times very quickly, so often results in it effectively executing then cancelling the button click. Only seems to happen in the menus, not on the pitch.
Also worked out that pressing S on keyboard allows me to select a player or arrow on the tactics screen, then use the arrow keys to move it.

Last edited:
Whatever : all that matters now to me is that the release on console won't be too late like in a month...
I know you didn't have bad feelings, but this comment actually sounds a little harsh.
Let's just have a little patience... It came out on consoles before, so I have no reason to think it won't this time.

By the way, sorry to hear about your Steam account. I see why you're looking forward for its console release... Have faith. 💪

ops my bad, I am used to press ALT+F4 to quit applications and I thought it was a common command
Interesting feedback about gamepad not working. I think it is due mouse autodetection, if you move the mouse it enters in mouse mode. I will fix it in the next patch (I think it should be out in a couple of days)
Same here, I went to remap the controls (I'd love to have dash set to RT instead of RB) and boom! Suddenly the gamepad (and the mouse too!) completely stopped working. Had to quit it by pressing Alt + F4.
I'll have a couple of matches now and see how it goes. The tutorial already felt a huge step forward compared to 2019.

1) I had to force V-sync via my graphics control panel in order for it to be playable (there was really bad screen tearing otherwise). Is this something that could be added as a switch in-game in future?
>Same here. I get bad, baaaaad tearing. AMD RX 5770XT with the latest drivers if it helps.
Also, it seems that I'm playing at like 720p no matter what I try... But this might be me willing to stay @ 1080p despite having a 4K monitor and a graphic card that would likely handle the game at 4K.

3) Do you have a database of real player names that you could potentially release as a mod somehow? I wouldn't ask but the current names are so far from the real ones, I don't know who I'm controlling - but maybe this is a legal issue.
THis is one of the things I liked the most, to be honest.
I mean... Surnames being realistic (a fake Del Piero being called "Del Nero" for example) instead of just fake (Del Piero being called "Belpeiro" which does not make any sense in Italian) were something I was sooooo hoping to see (compared to 2019 where they were just fake IIRC and definitely looking worse than these).

This being said, to celebrate Rui Costa's birthday I played two quick marches: the first one was me (Classic Milan) losing 1-0 to Lazio in a very balanced match. The second one saw me (Benfica, playing with red short and black shorts! Horray for kit mixing!) prevail at penalties against Rio Ave (must have been the red and black kit, I've seen this happen before) after a 0-0 draw in which I just almost dominated them ("normal" difficulty, I wouldn't dare go further for now). I can't score to save my life apparently!

Thank you for releasing this pretty game, it's kind of a diamond in the rough but it's been great to celebrate one of my favourite players using two of the teams he played for.
Speaking of which... Are you a Milanista, @TheFoxSoft? I was very happy to hear Milan chants (historic ones, mind you) while using Classic Milan...
Well, I didn't expect them to be played also while using Benfica (but the same happened in 2019: it was not a biggie back then and it is not now).

Try to disable the upscaling if you have visual artifacts (tearing or ghosting) and wants the maximum resolution as possible

@TheFoxSoft Great in-depth review here from a prominent UK PES/eFootball/FIFA YouTuber Active Soccer 2023 Review Video

Highlights many positives, he likes the fact shooting is manual, passing manual, aftertouch great, SWOS player stars and tactics great, including CPU teams all play and feel unique, real personality. You can easily tell who the players are meant to be imo, as you left enough clues. A few constructive negatives, including his goalie lets in too many without saving it, not enough shadow when the ball is in the air, so it's difficult to judge exactly where it is and the tutorial didn't go through free kicks, corners and defending, may be his fault though.

I'd like to see player celebrations after goals, just for like 2-4 seconds. Montella plane, Batistuta gun, Shearer arm up etc.

Last edited:
No problem Chris, Vialli82 provided a lot of valuable feedback. I am grateful to him.
Porting a game on a console requires to pass a lot of checks, I would like to release the final version in 2-3 months and start the porting to consoles.
Luckly I have already released 2 games so the transactions should be smooth
Congratulations @TheFoxSoft for your efforts! Really well done!

@Chris Davies I just wanted to add to what @TheFoxSoft said regarding @vialli82 please go easy as he has helped a tremendous lot with the retro thread. I think the language may be misinterpreted as forceful when he is just getting excited (sorry hope that does not cause offence) ;)

@Pagi84 yeah I also thought that the tutorial could be expanded a little (like adding a couple of defensive scenarios wouldn’t hurt).
It has corners though, I won some of them.
For set pieces I think there’s a proper training mode but I haven’t tried it yet.
Penalties are kind of basic (think about Super Sidekicks but with 3D graphics), but they work!

Played some games.

Feels really promising actually! Some of the things I liked:

-CPU feels quite tough on the last level, it shows you've worked on it
-I like you give players some proper changes of direction
-Passing, shooting and crossing seems really free, I'm sure manual fans will appreciate the general sensation, although I have to still get used to it:D
-Weather variety :LOVE:
-Liked that you thought about a ball defense system.. great potential as idea.

Well, it should be enough for first impressions.
Anyway, really impressive for a one man job. You planning to work for long on it? Or you'll just release a sequel somewhere in the future? Either way, I see a lot of potential and many great ideas, glad I supported you and hope to see you build on it;)

I’m really pleased to witness such a nice project. It reminds me a lot of my childhood and it’s actually a fresher football experience.
Just played two matches for the moment and all I can say it’s that, as a ball physics fanatic, I loved them.
I’ll surely come back here later on to report my impressions.
Oh, as AC Milan fan, i enjoyed hearing chants from my team in both of the matches I played 😄.

Thank you for this game and good luck for your future projects/updates!

I uploaded a 10-minute match between Incheon United (KOR) 1 - 0 Albirex Niigata (JPN)! Scored a really nice goal to win it in extra time! :BSCARF:

(check out minute 7:40)!

A few observations!!
- I really liked the pass assistance and shot assistance! It's not exactly manual, and not exactly PA1, it felt like PA 0.5 which is really nice. Wonder if there's a setting which can change pass assistance in the game itself (couldn't find it in the menus).
- I liked the pacing of the game in Slow Speed, the passes had some nice zip to it but not too fast in this mode!! Great!!
- As you can see in the video, I played a 10-minute match, but actually regulation time lasted about 7 minutes (it was only 10 because of extra time). It seems like the game's clock is faster than what the menu says..
- It would be cool if we could play longer matches as well, 15, 20, or even 25 minutes would be awesome!!
- Really liked the soundtrack, and the crowd noise/graphics. Quite nice!
- The game itself played a little laggy, not sure why (I forced vsync and everything).. Wonder if there are some special settings that I need to use (PES 2021 runs perfectly on my computer).

Overall a really nice experience!! :TU:

Last edited:
Thanks for the positive feedback!
There is still a lot of work to do since it is in Early Access. I am collecting all your feedback from every source: here, steam forums, discord channels, social, etc.
I am sure the game will improve with your help.

Some random replies:
Celebrations will be introduced during the next weeks.
You are right about ball shadow, it must be darker and more present.
I am aware the tutorial doesn't cover all the aspects, it is my fault. Making a tutorial is really time consuming and I preferred to invest my time on other aspects.....but I would like to expand it in the future.
@millossobek can you please try to go to settings and disable the upscaling? It might fix your issue.

Please, please, a little request. Steam alghoritm is hiding Active Soccer 2023 from the new games list because it did not reached the 10 review threshold.
Could I please ask you to leave a Steam review?
Thank you very much!

Please, please, a little request. Steam alghoritm is hiding Active Soccer 2023 from the new games list because it did not reached the 10 review threshold.
Thank you very much!
Can't do it right now but cnsider it done by tonight! :)

Thanks for the positive feedback!
There is still a lot of work to do since it is in Early Access. I am collecting all your feedback from every source: here, steam forums, discord channels, social, etc.
I am sure the game will improve with your help.

Some random replies:
Celebrations will be introduced during the next weeks.
You are right about ball shadow, it must be darker and more present.
I am aware the tutorial doesn't cover all the aspects, it is my fault. Making a tutorial is really time consuming and I preferred to invest my time on other aspects.....but I would like to expand it in the future.
@millossobek can you please try to go to settings and disable the upscaling? It might fix your issue.

Thank you very much!
The Last Of Us isn't even on the new and trending games list and I'm shocked that game has not been pulled off the platform. I'll try and leave a review for Active Soccer 2023 later. Great work, really appreciate the effort you've put in this. I'm not a dev or modder but it would be great if you could find some other people to help you with the project.
A bit irrelevant but are you from UK? Are you a Leicester fan?

The Last Of Us isn't even on the new and trending games list and I'm shocked that game has not been pulled off the platform. I'll try and leave a review for Active Soccer 2023 later. Great work, really appreciate the effort you've put in this. I'm not a dev or modder but it would be great if you could find some other people to help you with the project.
A bit irrelevant but are you from UK? Are you a Leicester fan?

Thanks mate, you gave me a huge compliment, my English is very 'broken' :-) I'm Italian and I support Fiorentina
The idea is to collect some money and expand the team. I started as indie game developer when I was a teenager on Commodore Amiga.
At the moment I am developing a second game, more ambitious and more spectacular....it is a Futsal game but I had to suspend the development to complete Active Soccer. It is really innovative and I look forward to work again on it
Stadium.png

Thanks mate, you gave me a huge compliment, my English is very 'broken' :-) I'm Italian and I support Fiorentina
The idea is to collect some money and expand the team. I started as indie game developer when I was a teenager on Commodore Amiga.
At the moment I am developing a second game, more ambitious and more spectacular....it is a Futsal game but I had to suspend the development to complete Active Soccer. It is really innovative and I look forward to work again on it
View attachment 209494
That's looking crazy. Complimenti!

View attachment 209494
This looks a great idea. I'm assuming eventually this idea expands to 5v5 online? As that's the dream right there.

BTW now you should be able to play at least 4 vs COM or 2 vs 2 via the "Steam Play Together" function, just the host must have the game. I don't have it yet so I'm not testing how or if it works

Definitely, just look at the massive success of Rocket League as a 2v2 online pseudo-football game. There's got to be an opportunity for you to make a decent multi-player arcade football game that isn't bogged down in the micro-transaction greed of EA and Konami.

Good luck, great work so far. Have posted an initial review on Steam.

One issue I'll mention - I've not seen anyone else mention it so perhaps it's just me. It is clear from the circle icon which player I am controlling when I have possession of the ball but when I don't have possession, additional icons appear and I find it visually confusing as to which player I'm supposed to be controlling, particularly when I'm clicking to switch to control a different player - I find myself visually hunting around the screen trying to identify which player I'm now controlling. I've turned off the option to auto-switch (because that makes it worse - and it sometimes the option seems to reset and auto-switching gets turned back on by itself) but I still find it confusing. What are the other icons over my defending players for and do they need to be displayed?

Also, agree with the comment about ball shadow - glad it'll be addressed.

Last edited:
View attachment 209494
Oh man I played Futsal for years and I love futsal but there isn't a single game that seems to represent a real futsal match (I speak about the Fifa Street series that has 0 in common with real futsal). If you need a tester to this game I'm in

Back
Top Bottom