2023 AFC Asian Cup

Really looking forward to this tournament, should be some fantastic games. its big shame hat there isn't any coverage in the UK for the games or even the highlights
You can find highlights on their yt channel: link.
Honestly, I didn't expect to enjoy the Asian Cup more than the AFCON, but it's a pleasant surprise. Iran played some impressive football today.

Really looking forward to this tournament, should be some fantastic games. its big shame hat there isn't any coverage in the UK for the games or even the highlights
AFC broadcasts the games free on YouTube in Canada..... IYKWIM
You can find highlights on their yt channel: link.
Honestly, I didn't expect to enjoy the Asian Cup more than the AFCON, but it's a pleasant surprise. Iran played some impressive football today.
After they trashed my country 5-0 in the last friendly game, I hope they do well so that we did not look that bad lol
Bahrain is playing really well.
Honestly, I really thought that Korea would easily win this....

*and they scored as I type this 🤦‍♂️

We played quite well tbh... but the second goal should have been offside...
We literally the second-lowest-ranking team in the whole tournament, we don't need VAR controversy to make us lose man :((

Still ecstatic from yesterday's win against Vietnam :RSCARF:
I can't believe now Indonesia is competing for an automatic spot against Japan, one of the best teams in Asia. 😭

Jordan almost made their miracle in today's match against Korea Republic, made 2-1 in their favor in the first half. But they got unlucky because the own-goal that was conceded in minute 90+1' 😭

There is nothing better than that today.. The assistant coach of Hector Cuper and the Syrian journalist crying because their country Syria is qualified for the first time in his history for the round of 16 of the Asian Cup

Congrats to the Syria NT, Hector Cuper and the Syrian people.. An emotional moment for them, there is nothing better than football of Nations 🇸🇾👏🏼
View attachment ssstwitter.com_1706017934706.mp4

A Syria vs India or a Hong Kong vs Palestine draw could make Indonesia go though to the knockout stages... And now Hong Kong is trailing 0-1.. its looking bleak for Indonesia man....

JAPAN PLEASE BE NICE TO US AND LET OUR GAME BE A DRAW

JAPAN PLEASE BE NICE TO US AND LET OUR GAME BE A DRAW

brian-cox-laughing-at-you.gif

That is the end of the line for Indonesia. What a tournament it has been. Starting from the qualifier play-off against Taiwan, the third-round qualifier against Jordan, Kuwait, and Nepal, and barely making it through one of the hardest groups in the main tournament as the last-best 3rd place team and making it to the knockout round for the first time in our history.

It's unfortunate that we bow out 4-0 in the end, but I'm looking forward to the next one. :RSCARF: :RSCARF: :RSCARF:

That is the end of the line for Indonesia. What a tournament it has been. Starting from the qualifier play-off against Taiwan, the third-round qualifier against Jordan, Kuwait, and Nepal, and barely making it through one of the hardest groups in the main tournament as the last-best 3rd place team and making it to the knockout round for the first time in our history.

It's unfortunate that we bow out 4-0 in the end, but I'm looking forward to the next one. :RSCARF: :RSCARF: :RSCARF:
I’m not sure whether i’m watching aussies or Peter Crouch Stoke City anymore :))))

Aussies look strong but since the last time big Ange led Australia to their first Asian Cup, Aus would just use their physical as their tactic , work for them in qualifiers tournament , Cup tournament is a no , they would get further but if they want to win the cup , they need more fluid of the likes of Japan or Iran

Harry Souttar? Or Peter Crouch
Yep, Harry Souttar
Aussies look strong but since the last time big Ange led Australia to their first Asian Cup, Aus would just use their physical as their tactic , work for them in qualifiers tournament , Cup tournament is a no , they would get further but if they want to win the cup , they need more fluid of the likes of Japan or Iran
Indonesia definitely can match AUS in the 1sthalf. We conceded 2 cause of little mistakes. The 2nd-half, is a stamina problem.
The next one for AUS is either South Korea or Saudi Arabia. They are both underperforming thus far. It's gonna be a fun QF match

Back
Top Bottom