Middle-Earth -Shadow of Mordor

temporaomores

Banned
17 November 2013
Will be released on all big platforms, so no need to put it into title I guess :).

There was no topic on that game here yet and it's surprising me.

I'm huge Tolkien/LOTR universe fan and I will definitely not miss out on that game!

Combine Assassin Creed + Batman combat mechanics + blood/gore/guts and you have this beauty. Made by Monolith (F.E.A.R. comes to mind).

Trailers:

YouTube - Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - E3 2014 Gravewalker CG Trailer

YouTube - Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Story Trailer - Make Them Your Own

Some gameplay walkthrough:

YouTube - Shadow of Mordor Gameplay Trailer - First Gameplay

One catch. All awesome games seem to be coming out in October and my list of what to play is already full. Long winter ahead :LOL:.

Re: Middle Earth - The Shadows of Mordor

If this is anything like Batman's combats then I'm sold. Hope it has an excellent story.

If this is anything like Batman's combats then I'm sold. Hope it has an excellent story.

Exactly what I've been thinkin. They had me interested from the very beginning when they said they were inspired by Batman's combat. I'd be pretty darn happy if more games tried to emulate Batman's fighting system.

You never played Killer is Dead then, as that one imo tops even Batman system.

Wow, IGN's review has given it a 9.3 "Amazing"

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor stands out from other open-world action games by putting a great new layer on top of the trail that Batman blazed. I was surprised at how well it integrates its excellent combat with rewarding feedback and progression not just for me, but also for my enemies.

Say what you will about IGN but this is certainly encouraging. Already had it preordered now can't wait. This might be the first next gen title that fulfills its hype.

I saw some videos of gameplay today and i guess i´ll buy it next week, looks very good!

Looks like it's getting very good reviews from pretty much everyone.

Fifa also got good reviews...

just saying... :P

reviews are pointless for me, i don´t trust any of them. already played games that got bad reviews and i loved it and vice versa.

Anyone with the game around here? It got my attention, at least they offer a fresh and new experience.

EDIT: Ouch, I see the game isn't still published, sorry.

Last edited:

Getting it tomorrow to replace Fifa crap. Can't wait!!!

It's very good. The only negative so far is that it's too easy. It's a bit of mixture between Batman and Assassins Creed, and unfortunately its a bit too AC in its difficulty levels.

Next I play I think I'll try turning off some of the combat prompts to increase the difficulty.

The Nemesis system though - this might be the best innovation in single player gaming in some time.

This game is an amazing orc-slaught-fest!!!

Now let's go back hunting some captains! :P

Going to pick this up tomorrow when I get home from holiday. Had no interest in this until the reviews dropped and sounds like it's taken everyone by surprise.

Batman mixed with AC sounds superb.

Been hooked on this and got me sleeping at 4am twice now!

:LOL:

Good story so far for me. Nice gfx. Batman-like combat system and intel and slaughtering Orcs. Just can't get enough.

The Nemesis system though - this might be the best innovation in single player gaming in some time.

Totally agree.

XBox One version gets a Day One patch which takes it to 1080p/30FPS, matching the PS4 output.

It's very good. The only negative so far is that it's too easy. It's a bit of mixture between Batman and Assassins Creed, and unfortunately its a bit too AC in its difficulty levels.

Next I play I think I'll try turning off some of the combat prompts to increase the difficulty.

I totally agree, but I don't think it (the game) even tries to pretend it's challenging. It's one of those games that's made to make you feel really, really awesome and to make you just have a good time. Not saying that's entirely positive, but it is what it is. I can get past the lack of challenge at least for a while. I'm loving it!

I initially said this about the game.
http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=2969399&postcount=780

Been hooked on this and got me sleeping at 4am twice now!

:LOL:

Good story so far for me. Nice gfx. Batman-like combat system and intel and slaughtering Orcs. Just can't get enough.

Totally agree.

Yeah, I was up waaayyy too late last night with this game. And I realized: I've played like 15 hours and it says I'm less than 10% through the game! Because I keep getting sidetracked into going after these damn captains, and going for revenge!

I might have spoken too soon about it being too easy. Yesterday I turned off all the combat prompts - which I recommend, at least for a few tries - and boy is it a bitch when you've got 15+ orcs and a captain or two ganging up on you!

I like turning off the prompts in this game because you're much more vulnerable feeling. On the other hand, the lighting gets dark and it can be difficult at times to see the Orc's attacking animations. I died quite a lot last night, and I might try turning on the fx prompts and leaving the button prompts off. I like the challenge though, so maybe not.

One thing I do miss from Batman are the variety of different types of attacks and combos you could do, especially with all his gadgets.

Great game. Probably the best experience I've had on the PS4 so far, and it's wonderful to see some innovation in single player games with the Nemesis system. Hopefully it sets a new standard going forward that other game emulate and attempt to evolve further.

Yeah, I was up waaayyy too late last night with this game. And I realized: I've played like 15 hours and it says I'm less than 10% through the game! Because I keep getting sidetracked into going after these damn captains, and going for revenge!

I might have spoken too soon about it being too easy. Yesterday I turned off all the combat prompts - which I recommend, at least for a few tries - and boy is it a bitch when you've got 15+ orcs and a captain or two ganging up on you!

I like turning off the prompts in this game because you're much more vulnerable feeling. On the other hand, the lighting gets dark and it can be difficult at times to see the Orc's attacking animations. I died quite a lot last night, and I might try turning on the fx prompts and leaving the button prompts off. I like the challenge though, so maybe not.

One thing I do miss from Batman are the variety of different types of attacks and combos you could do, especially with all his gadgets.

Great game. Probably the best experience I've had on the PS4 so far, and it's wonderful to see some innovation in single player games with the Nemesis system. Hopefully it sets a new standard going forward that other game emulate and attempt to evolve further.

This is exactly why I wouldn't do it. If I do that I'd go from Hero to Zero in a split second :LOL:

I Loved Batman and Assassins creed. Am I missing out not having this game?

What do you actually do in it?

Back
Top Bottom