PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS4/XB1)

Nobody is saying you have to be positive fgs what is it with this place these days. And really

Listening to the opinions of people in your social circle is childish...fuck me...it's like the twilight zone

My opinion is that fifa is rubbish and this is substantiated by people around me. If this is weak, lame or childish then tough shit it's what I feel

You know what I find funny zee? When he states his "opinion" about how shit pes is and someone tells him to explain himself, he goes all defensive about how he is entitled to his opinion and he is old pes timer and wants the best for the series. But when u just mentioned u dont like fifa and ur friends r starting to hate it, which is your opinion, all of a sudden it is "childish" and not "subjective" enough. What a hypocrite.

You know the way we analyze video-games on here is becoming scary, I dont feel one game is particularly better than the other, both are very mediocre tbh.

Its about which game ticks more boxes for u. This pes vs fifa thing is really overplayed, they are two very different games and you cannot play one the way you play the other.

Games should be fun and should have certain sim elements, this realistic marketing buzzword is stupid because there will never be a realistic football game. There are too many variables involved in making it, a really realistic football game would be very frustrating to play at best.

I love pes but pes is really outdated and mediocre its not even funny, Fifa for me is a good game but it doesn't suit what my definition of a football game is nothing personal. I dont believe in slider settings either, i pay them to do that for me not the other way round.

Infact i grow so frustrated sometimes, i don't even appreciate some of the hard-work that they put into their presentation. I do not think it has evolved like people say the game pretty much plays like fifa 14 NG to me,

Yesterday De-gea made an amazing one handed save that would put pes keepers to shame, only for him to palm the ball in the net for an own goal that i had no control over much later in the game, hererra chested the ball backwards for no reason and he was backing the goal-post, and de gea palmed it into the net, surprisingly enough the game refused to show the goal in the highlights.

I have tried to love it but i find it atm more frustrating to me at the very least.

When Asim described the pes 2015 games-com code, he said the game was what his definition of a football game was, not because it was a better package than fifa. This should be your deciding factor.

I know people (fifa veterans) that are pissed of with fifa 15 and same for pes, I still feel fifa 13 was and still is a better game of football than these new fifa games even with its pace abuse but hey that is just me.

I guess what i am trying to say is "Play the game you love and enjoy", There is no pes vs fifa war there is only fanboyism.

Last edited:
Yes, just click on Banksy profile, than choose User List and Add to Ignore list... That way you don´t have to keep reading his crap. :SMUG:

I've tried the ignore feature in the past with knuckleheads like Info. However, it doesn't work very well. You still see the posts when you're not logged in.:(

Don't we know it..you have a very black and white view of the world zee...sad but true.

I have my own mind and am not swayed by others..I don't need others around me to tell me something is good for me to believe it,I work that out for myself.

Something's that's done me well throughout life..see things and judge things from your eyes.I read to many post where people's judgement is swayed by journalists or others.

Nothing wrong with your principles but you do have a very facist way of coming across on these boards and how you communicate with people that don't subscribe to your point of view.

Your never going to like Fifa zee,it's in your makeup..your style of writing and how you project yourself clearly defines what you are as a human being outside of this forum.

I'd like to divulge that..but I don't need to break you down or is it my place.

Alright. You've gone quite far picking on people here yourself now. I ask you to do me this little favor, and I'm really being as fair and as logical as possible and taking your own words. Since you've already mentioned a few times now that Fifa is your game this year and PES is not, meaning you have already made up your mind, shouldn't that actually mean you stop posting in here? If you want improvements happening then we shouldn't see you saying you're mind's made up, no? So please, enjoy posting about Fifa in the Fifa thread and let us who are looking forward to this game be.

In that video around 6:04 to 6:08, there are a couple of passes by Barcelona players where you can see a delay. The bar is filling up and the animation before has to finish before the pass is made. This could be the input lag referred to by other posters. I'm not commenting on whether it's a problem or not, but I think it's rude of people to say "nah man it doesn't happen on PS4, you haven't played the demo" when it's quite clear on an independent gameplay video.

Just saying...

Don't we know it..you have a very black and white view of the world zee...sad but true.

I have my own mind and am not swayed by others..I don't need others around me to tell me something is good for me to believe it,I work that out for myself.

Something's that's done me well throughout life..see things and judge things from your eyes.I read to many post where people's judgement is swayed by journalists or others.

Nothing wrong with your principles but you do have a very facist way of coming across on these boards and how you communicate with people that don't subscribe to your point of view.

Your never going to like Fifa zee,it's in your makeup..your style of writing and how you project yourself clearly defines what you are as a human being outside of this forum.

I'd like to divulge that..but I don't need to break you down or is it my place.

Listen to this shit.

It's good to get a sense check. I have my opinion but validate it with people around me. Just to make sure I am not bat shit crazy (I recommend you do this sometime)

When you moaned about responsiveness. I went and played a couple for myself and came to the conclusion that you are being full of shit.

I didn't phone anyone or ask what they think after to form my opinion.

Must admit you are loads of fun with your cheap psychology.

In that video around 6:04 to 6:08, there are a couple of passes by Barcelona players where you can see a delay. The bar is filling up and the animation before has to finish before the pass is made. This could be the input lag referred to by other posters. I'm not commenting on whether it's a problem or not, but I think it's rude of people to say "nah man it doesn't happen on PS4, you haven't played the demo" when it's quite clear on an independent gameplay video.

Just saying...
This pretty much sums it up for me. You judging that off the video.

When I play it there is not enough on it to suggest delay or response issues. What about player positioning or momentum? Surely those need to come into play.

This pretty much sums it up for me. You judging that off the video.

When I play it there is not enough on it to suggest delay or response issues. What about player positioning or momentum? Surely those need to come into play.

Like I said, I'm not saying whether it's problematic in the game and maybe that is a balance between responsiveness and realism. My point was that this is probably the issue described by a couple of others as input lag. I thought it was poor form for others to flat out say no such thing could possibly exist. Whether it's right to have in the game or a requirement, that's open for discussion.

Like I said, I'm not saying whether it's problematic in the game and maybe that is a balance between responsiveness and realism.

+1. Agree to this.
But then again..

I thought it was poor form for others to flat out say no such thing could possibly exist.

People are just like to flat out saying it's responsiveness problem.
If it's too responsive. People will then flat out saying it's not real.

Can't win really.

Yeah it's a tough call although I think where people say they don't want PES to become as responsive as FIFA it's a misplaced fear. FIFA's weak point can be seen by watching the AI slalom around rather than dribble. Touches of the ball/dribbling etc take the ball too far. Being able to zig zag around is more of the problem than having responsive controls, which I'd love see more of in PES. It still happens in shooting scenarios as well.

I can't articulate it that well without going into to case by case scenario's and video footage but I think in certain passing or shooting situations, the previous animation shouldn't have to fully complete before your button press activates the pass or shot. It's probably an animation or coding problem or they don't want to put the extra level of work into it and they will make a blanket statement like responsiveness is fine.

I am inclined to believe it's an animation problem as there's a few niggles in the game that aren't because Konami's football philsophy is bad but because the animation isn't up to scratch.

- goalkeepers that can't save a shot but make an attempt to - nothing wrong with that, unless of course they dive a second after the shot's passed them or they dive in slow motion
- certain shooting animations where the player's leg doesn't make a proper backswing.
- certain passing animations where the player seems to pull his whole upper body and head back as he passes.

Then there's nets and pitch lighting (don't forget how bad night games looked in the last couple of years).

I want PES to fix these issues because their fundamental gameplay philosophy is the one I prefer, but even disregarding presentation bells and whistles, the visual side of their game has been sub standard for the last few years. It breaks immersion as well as highlighting issues which probably arent issues (e.g. when a goalkeeper is beaten or a defender gets fooled by a nice through ball - at the moment it looks obvious when the game has decided the outcome. I have no issue with the outcome in those situations as they happen in real life....but if they're represented in a poor visual frame of reference, then they look like it's a mistake by the programmers, rather than a mistake by the player on the game).

Just my 2 cents.

How would we know this when the game is not even out yet and Konami have been so secretive like Apple when releasing an iPhone :RANT:

lol, i think Apple are secretive from different reasons e.g. brand/design protection..konami are secretive as they are a bit clueless at marketing and have idiots like Bhati promoting the game who abuses potential customers

Fgs. How many times do i have to keep repeating myself to STOP THE NAME CALLING AND HAVE A RESPECTFUL CIVILIZED DISCUSSION.

can someone confirm that the match lobbies will contain posibility for 2 vs 2 matches online with friends?
i've read that 11 vs 11 is posible, but the last pes i've played (i think it was 2012), you could choose 1 vs 1 or 11 vs 11 but NO 2 vs 2.
I want to trade FIFA 15 for PES 15 if it's possible to play 2 vs 2, or 3 vs 2 or 2 vs 2 etc.

If i look at this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg_-U0aeifU (at 01:48) i am not sure if it's possible.

Someone?

I thought that last video was great and Al Halil were robbed blind. Some nice moves from the A.I . . . .even if the commentator sounded like Sacha Baron Cohen when he appeared in the Simpsons.

Like I said, I'm not saying whether it's problematic in the game and maybe that is a balance between responsiveness and realism. My point was that this is probably the issue described by a couple of others as input lag. I thought it was poor form for others to flat out say no such thing could possibly exist. Whether it's right to have in the game or a requirement, that's open for discussion.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

Some people probably are aware of the fact that they have to wait for an animation to be finished, even it is only one step of the player he has to make which might take half a second.

And some people expect the animation to be interrupted and let the player move immediately.

I remember having that when I was playing PES 2009 with a good friend of mine who actually never played a footy game before and he was ranting about it.

"Why is my player not passing immediately, why isn´t he shooting already? My controller is broken blah blah blah...!" etc.

I told him that it´s absolutely logical if the player sprints and pushed the ball further, it takes some little time for him to approach to it, to make a shot.

If this is really meant by input lag then that´s absolutely no issue for me.
I like the animations a lot and it would look stupid and robotic if all of them would get interrupted just to please the human player spot on.

Very good point of CalcioCalabrese though!

so no one cares about 2 vs 2 online old scool friendly match lobbies with password???? :-(

so no one cares about 2 vs 2 online old scool friendly match lobbies with password???? :-(

I´d like to know that too actually.

I don´t know what it was like with PES 2014 as I never tried it.
There you also could have up to 11vs11 matches but could have a game with less players.

I don´t know whether you were able to switch through players like it used to be in the old days or whether you had to announce what position you wanna play and had to stick with that for the whole game.

Adam Bhatti @Adam_Bhatti · 19h 19 hours ago
Just landed in Munich, watch out for some cool content coming in the next few days #PES2015

Adam Bhatti @Adam_Bhatti · 37m 37 minutes ago
Setting up the day #PES2015
B0nuplKIgAAzPgy.jpg
Pro Evolution Soccer @officialpes · 30m 30 minutes ago
Everything's getting ready. Today will be a big #PES day!
B0nwnOJIQAAVBfi.jpg

a new FIFAish way to make faces, for the first time for Götze? for the whole Bayern squad?

Last edited:
jjjjjj
In this video a great goal is scored from a free kick @15.23 min
Casillas is coming out to stomp the ball away but he mistimes it and the ball is headed on the bar. The rebound is kicked in.
First off all, it never happened to me that the keeper mistimes his coming out of the goal. He always either stomps the ball away when its an air ball or kicks/grabs the ball before me when its a low ball.

I never had this situation in the demo which is very frustrating and not very exciting, because when the keepers comes out you know the outcome. 100% keepers ball and that feels so scripted.
So I hope this video means that they have fixed this issue in the final code. If that's the case there will be more exciting and unexpecting moments where the keeper can make mistakes when coming out.

Second. The beauty of the goal is somewhat ruined by the fact that the ball bounces off unrealistically slow off the bar. The ball hits the bar with a good speed from the header but the ball bounces of it like its made out of cardbox :( Also the fact that he doesnt kick it in with his first touch sucks. It was easily possible, but this weird kind off slow response is also an experience breaker
They should fix those things and also the slow motion diving of the keepers.

Last edited:
jjjjjj
Casillas is coming out to stomp the ball away but he mistimes it and the ball is headed on the bar. The rebound is kicked in.
First off all, it never happened to me that the keeper mistimes his coming out of the goal. He always either stomps the ball away when its an air ball or kicks/grabs the ball before me when its a low ball.

I never had this situation in the demo which is very frustrating and not very exciting, because when the keepers comes out you know the outcome. 100% keepers ball and that feels so scripted.
So I hope this video means that they have fixed this issue in the final code. If that's the case there will be more exciting and unexpecting moments where the keeper can make mistakes when coming out.

Second. The beauty of the goal is somewhat ruined by the fact that the ball bounces off unrealistically slow off the bar. The ball hits the bar with a good speed from the header but the ball bounces of it like its made out of cardbox :( Also the fact that he doesnt kick it in with his first touch sucks. It was easily possible, but this weird kind off slow response is also an experience breaker

:BLEH: PES2014 was all about this

jjjjjj

Gameplay tweaks will not be done from demo -> release version. Konami told that. So if you see something in this video you didn't see before, then that is coincidence.

Just saying...

This lag you speak of makes a significant difference to the experience and "feel" of the game. There's definitely a slight input lag on the PS4 version of the demo. It's the same lag that I've experienced in the last few PES games on the Playstation 3. It wasn't this way back in the PS2 days, which is part of the reason the PS2 games had a better feel about them. Hopefully it'll be tightened up for the final game. I doubt it though.

Reposting my earlier questions because they seemed to be lost in the midst of some battling.

So what exactly do we have in the kit edit mode in PES15 Xbox One and PS4?

I'm reading things like the "pixel editor" have been removed, so I would assume that means no sponsors logos or in game kit designing outside of the basic "layer" system?

I might just have to stick with the 360 version if that's true, as I create totally fictional teams and players usually. It's going to be poor without extra touches like sponsors and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom