GTA V

I know it's "offtopic", but I have a question regarding GTA4. Would be cool, if you could answer my question:

In GTA4 you have the possibilty to add cars to the game, as "additional cars", not by replacing other cars. Will the additional cars appear automatically in the game or only when you use a trainer and spawn the cars ?!

Thank you in advance. And once again - sorry for offtopic !

grand-theft-auto-5-0004-1368736781-4-1368769486.jpg

grand-theft-auto-5-0003-1368736780-3-1368769483.jpg

grand-theft-auto-5-0002-1368736782-2-1368769481.jpg

grand-theft-auto-5-0001-1368736783-1-1368769476.jpg

There is no mention of hunting or fishing? That would be a great addition.

The heists sound fantastic. There was an old game on the amiga I think that let you do bank robberies from a top down view. You had to case the joint and work out what times guards patrolled the area etc, then you have to plan your way into the place and rob it.

It looks like this will be going in some detail, be good to have hitman style missions as well, planning and stealth etc.

Sure that ain't They Stole a Million? Was out for Spectrum and Commodore, awesome game in its time.

FD

Sure that ain't They Stole a Million? Was out for Spectrum and Commodore, awesome game in its time.

FD

Just had a look at that on You Tube and the one I remember looked quite a bit better and looked different. I had a C64, but I am sure I only played the game I am thinking of around my mates house and he had the Amiga way before me.

This was many moons ago, so I could be thinking of something completely different :PP

I was thinking just now about how the focus will shift from character to character and the player will be surprised by the context in which you take control (e.g. Travis in his underwear with lots of dead bodies in the beach). That got me thinking and I wish we had a character like Real Badman from GTA4, where we would take control of him while he was smoking a spliff and his vision and reflexes are all f*cked up. Just for fun :D

And I wonder about substance use in this game. In GTA4 there was only alcohol, I wonder if there will be any other drugs in GTA V?

I was thinking just now about how the focus will shift from character to character and the player will be surprised by the context in which you take control (e.g. Travis in his underwear with lots of dead bodies in the beach). That got me thinking and I wish we had a character like Real Badman from GTA4, where we would take control of him while he was smoking a spliff and his vision and reflexes are all f*cked up. Just for fun :D

And I wonder about substance use in this game. In GTA4 there was only alcohol, I wonder if there will be any other drugs in GTA V?

You can take LSD and warp into a fantasy land in the sky with technicolour rainbows and little rabbit monsters..

There's some news on the Special & Collector Editions:

Grand Theft Auto 5 Special and Collector's Editions have been announced by Rockstar.

The Grand Theft Auto 5: Special Edition contains a 21-by-27-inch blueprint map of Los Santos and Blaine County, special ability boosters for Franklin, Trevor and Michael, additional Stunt Plane Trials, extra weapons and outfits, as well as new tattoos and item discounts.

It will be packaged in a steelbook case with exclusive never-seen-before artwork of the three main characters.

The 'Collector's Edition', meanwhile, contains all of the above, plus a Grand Theft Auto 5 security bag with logo key, a GTA 5 cap and bonus characters for the game's online component.

Players will also have access to a 1930s-style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike, as well as a hgh-end Khamelion electric car for Grand Theft Auto Online.

As an added bonus, pre-ordering the game from participating retailers unlocks the Atomic Blimp as an in-game vehicle.

Source

gaming-grand-theft-auto-v-special-edition.jpg

gaming-grand-theft-auto-v-collectors-edition.jpg

In a new Q&A posted on Rockstar's website, the Grand Theft Auto developer has answered players' questions about the upcoming Grand Theft Auto V, revealing that the game will require an install on both Xbox 360 and PS3.

On Xbox 360, the game comes on two discs: one install disc, and one to play from. You won't need to ever switch between them, Rockstar says. That install is a requirement, though - you'll need 8GB of free space on your hard drive. The PS3 install is about the same size, and that version of the game comes on one disc.

Rockstar also detailed how character switching works. As we've detailed before in our GTA V previews, you can switch between characters at any time off-mission whilst they're going about their daily lives. "You might drop in on Michael in the middle of a family dispute, interrupt Franklin chatting up some ladies, or Trevor on the run from the law – or whatever else these guys do in their free time," says Rockstar. "How and when you switch between characters when you’re not on a mission is completely up to you."

You'll be able to run into the other player characters as you walk around the map, and even seriously injure them if you're "determined" - but for obvious reasons, they can't die. "They all have remarkable powers of recovery and good health insurance," jokes the Q&A.

Customisable vehicles and weapons are also mentioned, but there are no new details on that front.

Rockstar also confirmed that the game will come with a map, following long-standing Grand Theft Auto tradition, whether you buy the standard or the special edition.

As for PC or next-gen versions of the game, Rockstar still has nothing to share on that front.

If you want to get a glimpse of the game in action before September 17th, the first Gameplay Video, Rockstar says, is on its way soon.

guess ill end up doign a gta4.

Buy and play on subpar ps3 gfx...then buy later on pc for eye candy but not enjoy the 2nd playthrough.

F U C ockstar games

Playing GTA just for the graphics is a really strange thing in my opinion... ;)

Completely depends, as I think GTA 4 on the PS3 was completely unplayable due to shite graphics and awful frame rate.
Have not seen it on Xbox so can't comment.

I have played GTA IV on PC - never on PS3. But I played Episodes from Liberty City on PS3 and this was ok for me. In the end this title does not need high end polished graphics to be good. It's the game itself with its world, environment, radio stations, characters and story which makes it really good.
But I have to agree - a propper frame rate is needed... :D

Would definitely prefer this on PC, most open world games struggle on consoles IMO

Guess it will have to be PS3 unless by some miracle they only delay it by a month or two.

I have played GTA IV on PC - never on PS3. But I played Episodes from Liberty City on PS3 and this was ok for me. In the end this title does not need high end polished graphics to be good. It's the game itself with its world, environment, radio stations, characters and story which makes it really good.
But I have to agree - a propper frame rate is needed... :D

I found the characters completely un likeable and the stories boring. I struggled to finish the main story, never finished gay tony and the lost and the damned was the best of the bad bunch but still nothing to rave over.

the radio stations were terrible. It's not comedy if you're explaining the jokes - like by saying "hey this is the news, where we make you shit your pants by mentioning terrorists every few moments... And if you don't like it, fuck off". They were embarrassing.

I hope these things are fixed or I just won't bother with this new one.

I found the characters completely un likeable and the stories boring. I struggled to finish the main story, never finished gay tony and the lost and the damned was the best of the bad bunch but still nothing to rave over.

the radio stations were terrible. It's not comedy if you're explaining the jokes - like by saying "hey this is the news, where we make you shit your pants by mentioning terrorists every few moments... And if you don't like it, fuck off". They were embarrassing.

:OOOH:

I love the ideas for the new game, I'm not just a hater. I think the best part of 4 was the heist mission and so that with extra planning and switchable characters and lots if side things to do. It should make it more fun.
I just hope the radio gets its sense of humour back. Swearing and breaking the forth wall isn't funny. If its still crap, then it will impact on the fun I'd have messing around having to hear it.

Best thing would be to let us have a custom radio station and then I could just through some ripped vice city & san andreas stations into the HDD.

I meant the whole series in general.
For me GTA IV and its addons is also a very good game. I like all the characters in the series. They are not just monotypes. Everytime there are different "social" settings for the characters. I like that very much.

But I have to agree that Vice City and especially San Andreas were better in total. I hope that GTA V will be as great as those masterpieces.

I am very excited about this game - much more than about new PES with its Fox eninge... ;)

For me, Vice City changed the way open ended video games were perceived and forever accepted by us gamer's from thereafter.

It raised the bar and forced other companies to re-think their flat, closed off game worlds and levels.

Added to that THE best soundtrack EVER in a video game which cranked up the enjoyment, for me personally there were soooo many guilty pleasure songs from the 80's on there!

Actually, the groundbreaking game was GTA3 from 2001. Vice City was a much better improvement on a (then) revolutionary concept of open world games.

I was hoping we'd get more voice acting from a few famous actors adding that little spark. I have great memories of Vice City with Ray Liotta and San Andreas with Samuel Jackson and James Woods. Those for me were remarkable and, while the voice acting for IV was quite good, I wanted to have again that added excitement of having at least a great famous actor in it again.

Actually, the groundbreaking game was GTA3 from 2001. Vice City was a much better improvement on a (then) revolutionary concept of open world games.

I was hoping we'd get more voice acting from a few famous actors adding that little spark. I have great memories of Vice City with Ray Liotta and San Andreas with Samuel Jackson and James Woods. Those for me were remarkable and, while the voice acting for IV was quite good, I wanted to have again that added excitement of having at least a great famous actor in it again.

Agreed. I really enjoyed 4 as well, and the small links like a short Ricky Gervais skit in Broadway.

I think Rockstar sets a very high bar for themselves each game. In 10 years times GTA will be near life-like.

Back
Top Bottom