Arsenal Thread

I think Cazorla is a bargaining chip ;

1. Theo is still ongoing talks with the club (rumors of a winger coming in could swing the club`s way)
2. Arshavin could agree wage cut to join another club (a winger coming is furthering down the pecking order)

What we learn w/ Arsenal is that they bought 2 attacking players before Rvp announce his intentions. I don`t believe we`re in for Cazorla it doesn`t make sense atm ,unless Wenger feels young players rather play w/ a mix of experience players. Wenger seem to want to give young players room to grow and talks of developing . At the end of the day players want to earn their spot or the truth is young players develop better when you have more experience players.

watch Arsenal friendly not impress, Santo wants to be a Striker :P http://www.ilemi.me/19255/1/Watch-Malaysia-vs-Arsenal-/

Rewriting Fever Pitch to recall the 2nd division playoff when City upset the odds by beating Gillingham? :LOL:

As for this Santi Cazorla story, it's not really planned in advance. This could be an opportunity buy. Malaga is going through "The Sugar Daddy Experience Gone Wrong". At one given day, their billionaire Sheik went MIA and the system is now breaking down. Several months of salary are pending and if they don't pay up, they could go from a CL qualified team to face relegation to La Liga division 2.
So if this guy doesn't come to the rescue, Malaga will have to sell players. Funny eh?

I just wish something like this would happen at Chelsea or City... I would love to go window shopping there. Silva, Yaya Toure and Kompany please. See how they feel about it! haha :P

1905:
FOOTBALL

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger denied he is close to signing Spain's Santi Cazorla as the Gunners kicked off an Asian tour Tuesday with a narrow 2-1 victory over hosts Malaysia. He said: "We are not close to signing Cazorla. We are still working that out."

it seem the story has unfolded, WOW ,surely it`s an opportunity more than a desire to get him.

It's weird that Wenger is being so open about his potential signings? usually he keeps it quite, unless he is confident of getting them?

Ah, did he say that, Kolo? He's clueless at times but who's to say he's wrong?
City do what they want with transfers indeed. Nasri was undoubtedly tapped up last summer, but City "bought" Arsenal's silence with a £25m fee.

I wonder what will happen now, and if Arsenal can report Man City?

Juventus and even Man United(!) apparently are also interested, but I'm pretty sure it's Man City that RvP wants to go to, where he will have swimming pools of gold coins.
Some people doubt he would ever go to another Prem club out of respect for Arsenal, but after such a statement, what respect?? I have no doubt in my mind he's desperate to go to City. They've been trying to engineer this move for months now, and perhaps RvP's statement was requested by his future employers to speed up the process.

But I repeat, Arsenal has to sell him abroad. Enough of making City stronger than they already are! They have this strategy of reinforcing themselves whilst weakening other EPL clubs at the same time, but Arsenal has to put an end to this and send him overseas - even if for less money.
And if he refuses to go to Juve to try and force his move to City, I wish Arsenal holds him to the end of his contract and leave him 1 year out without club football. A waste of money for his wages?? Not much so. How many years did he spend injured and receiving his salary?

:NO:

'the club does what it wants'

as in he's not the person who signs players - it's the decision of the club.

Oh hi, nice to meet you too. Mmmm.. I'm not sure I got what you're trying to say?

Kolo was saying that he thinks RVP would be a great signing and one who would help City win the Champions League. But he said that the club does what it wants in transfers. In other words, he'd like RVP at City but it's not up to him.

He wasn't saying what you (and others who are bitter) made him out to say.

Kolo was saying that he thinks RVP would be a great signing and one who would help City win the Champions League. But he said that the club does what it wants in transfers. In other words, he'd like RVP at City but it's not up to him.

He may not have meant it how we twist it, but there is solid truth behind how we took it.
If City wants a player City will get a player without much fuss, cause money dictates simple.

Also I'm guessing you're a City fan? And I'm also guessing you're a recent addition to their fan group, seeing as how you choose Balotelli to form a nickname, a player who still has much to prove at City and isn't deserving of 'God' status.

Course I could be wrong, I apologise if I am, but the number of 'bandwagon' fans at City rises by the day.

Just sayin'

All big teams have bandwagon fans taylor...must say i was happy myself that City won the title. This season i want another team to win the title.

He may not have meant it how we twist it, but there is solid truth behind how we took it.
If City wants a player City will get a player without much fuss, cause money dictates simple.

Also I'm guessing you're a City fan? And I'm also guessing you're a recent addition to their fan group, seeing as how you choose Balotelli to form a nickname, a player who still has much to prove at City and isn't deserving of 'God' status.

Course I could be wrong, I apologise if I am, but the number of 'bandwagon' fans at City rises by the day.

Just sayin'

But there's plenty of players we didn't get because the player and/or club and/or agent wanted too much money. Hazard, for example.

I'm 30 and have been a season ticket holder since Peter Reid was manager ;)
My screen name is a reference to mario and Waiting for Godot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I agree he has much to prove, hence the reference to the Godot play ;)

Doesn`t matter that you came along through Henry he left and Arsenal been skint in the trophy department for 7.5 yrs . You are NO glory hunter by any means.

Bandwagon is label when the band came in , you follow them to the end of your street!hopefully a translation is not needed.

Taylor I don`t even know what other team you support as you have many! I will say your a football man 'neutral' The thing about bandwagon fans is this, they are highly offensive by the notion of being called one and the proof takes a long time to prove. We use to have lots of Chelsea fans during Mourinho and some fell (left),because a few in here and Me included :COAT: was harsh on them. It`s empty today...Pool takes lots of abuse too more than anyone imo ,but there too many they ended up fighting each other and made everyone felt uneasy. :LOL:

City fans are coming out now so everything about them will seem awkward .So, at the end of the day the shadows that covered them is beginning to get smaller and with that surges a new day for City fans :)) I`m not a fan on how City or Chels do their bidding ,but I won`t attack a City fan for it ! :WORSHIP:

Ah Bebo, my grandad was Manchester born and supported United, he got me into football and so as a young'un I grew up supporting and following United.. To this day I (as i come from a fairly poor family) have never been to a home game at Old Trafford, and it kills me to say I have only seen United play once at the stadium. Trust me, I would jump at the chance to see them play at OT, but travelling up from Bristol ain't so easy.

Now, having not been able to see United at stadiums across the world and not living in the area, I still consider myself a huge fan and of course with that comes all the traits of being a proud supporter, which includes slating every Liverpool and City fan and everything like that.
But I am not a hardcore fan, while primarily following United I follow Bristol City and see as many games as I can there, and have accumulated a distinct knowledge of world football as a whole.

Hell supporting united down here has led to me being referred to as a Glory supporter, which grinded on me for ages.. I just happened to support a succesful club cause of my gramps.. Jeez!

I have a love for Football which I've come to appreciate isn't so apparent in my generation, I prefer to see the game exhibited properly in all it's forms, whether it be the no thrills defensive work that Stoke bring to the table, the sparkling quick footed Brazilian samba skills, the beautiful passing movements of Spain or Barcelona or the Total 90 method introduce by the Dutch I like to study and understand the tactical prowess shown by managers almost as much as I enjoy watching the players who can change a match.
I love watching individuals who play football how it should be done as much as I love watching teams who can play the game above any other.

My love of the game means that I have amassed statistical knowledge of things which I shouldn't have known, for example I can tell you that between 1998-2012 only two players have scored more than 100 SPL goals, Henrik Larsson (158?) and Kris Boyd (164) the latter is the leading goalscorer in the competitions current format history.
Only 4 teams have won Scotland's highest division since its formation in the 1950's, these are Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Dundee United.
Since the change in format and the creation of SPL only two teams have won the title Celtic and Rangers 7 times each, creating an Old Firm stronghold in Scotland.
In France the Ligue 1 wins is held by St Ettiene with 10, contrary to common mistake that it most be either Marseille or Lyon.
I can even tell you that Alan Shearer only scored 5 goals from free kicks, but that's just showing off ;)
I even know more about the clubs my friends claim to be hardcore supporters of.

In short, I support United, but I follow football with a open mind and love of the game, and as long as a team shows a similar passion for the support then I respect them, even if they're called Peterborough :)

Btw, my teams on the left hand side are a reference to my CM on FIFA (Crewe) and FL on PES (Blackpool) and not who I support, while I do have huge respect for both clubs, Crewe for Dario Gradi a true legend in his own right and Blackpool for the pure exhibition football they represent, a true example to the world that in one moment a small club can mix it up and play the ball beautiful.

Whilst the BOSMAN is a representation that in both CM and FL I build clubs almost entirely on Free Transfers, or the Bosman ruling if you will.

Sorry for the long post, but I had to clear up who I support :)

As for Bandwagon finds I have a distinct way of decidin if they're or aren't.
It tends to be asking them a relatively recent statistical question or player relate question an seeing I they can answer it.

For Arsenal it is usually;
Who was the clubs best Dutch player since 2000, and of they say van Persie I slap them, because (IMO) it's clearly Bergkamp.. I'm not sure of you would agree or not?
Or I ask, Pires or Nasri? Answer: Pires!

Both are cheeky, cause they're opinion based, but it's in the explanation of why that you can tell ;)

Last edited:
great post! So in short I was spot on! your a football man and have a profound love for MUTD inherited by gramps .

As for Bergkamp I would have to say he was my main reason I supported the Arsenal even though Arsenal had a few good Dutch players 2 went to Barca :LOL:. Which I was swoop off my feet watching him at the WC `94 Citrus Bowl in Orlando. I went to HighBury before I was a fan. My cousin lives in Cambridge since `91 and me n my older brother went to a game I thought Kevin Campbell was the shit (he looked super cool) My bro is a Milwall fan I think it was the crest that moved him weird ! I`m glad I was a neutral for so long...sometimes I wish I never meant Arsenal I could do w/o the heartaches :P

Anyways for Pires he was something special. Although I can`t imagine Arsenal being a bandwagon club not in this decade :P

a sheed following blackpool? hilarious.

i will never understand bandwagon fans, but i think its mostly people who are just starting to follow the sport and they need to pick a team so they pick whoever is at top at this time. i can understand asians/americans doing it but if you live in the south and support man united, that's bent.

Last edited:

i will never understand bandwagon fans, but i think its mostly people who are just starting to follow the sport and they need to pick a team so they pick whoever is at top at this time. i can understand asians/americans doing it but if you live in the south and support man united, that's bent.

There we go again.
Well maybe we need to find out when supporting a big club isn't "bent". How far can the distance from the stadium be? 10 km's? 50 km's? 100 km's? 150 km's? 200?

IMO bandwagon fans (if they are honest about it) are far more reasonable fans than the hardcore fans (who often are bandwagons fans that aren't honest about it, the best example i know is a guy who used to post here and who called himself Runedge). Often bandwagon fans decide to support a club because they like the way a team plays football. I can completely understand why somebody from Belgium, France or London can become a fan of Barcelona or Man City (watching David Silva is pure poetics).

I'm a Spurs fan, but i love Arsenal...the horror.

To be completely fair and i mean no disrespect to anybody (i am not thinking about anyone in particular now, not even about the guy i mentioned earlier on), IMO hardcore fans tend to be biased and not always very intelligent...their judgement is mostly coloured and it's not fun discussing their own club with them because they see every slightest hint of criticism as a treat to their beloved club who can't do anything wrong... oh and hardcore fans are always extremely pessimistic when they talk among each others....

This must be sarcasm? Or please tell me your logic, how can it make more sense for someone from Asia or America to follow a Manchester club when they're on completely different continents, with their own league to follow, than someone like me who has roots in the City, and the history of my family goes back to supporting United since their formation as Newton Heath, I know this because my grandad tells me family stories of how the family used to live near the railway station the club formed from.
And grandad tells me how as a 8year old lad he and the generations of his family cried as Munich Air Disaster happened!

I never claimed to be a hardcore fan (my post clears that up) but I will not allow you to say that I am less inclined to support United than some Yank!

I will not allow you to say that I am less inclined to support United than some Yank!
it`s hard being a Yank :LOL:

@ gerd runedge is a top bloke he was a cricket fan as a wee I think and his uncle is Mutd supporters. He went to a few games and begin to follow them . I remember when Mutd wasn`t winning nothing and he was seem a bit down w/ Fergie at the time. He wasn`t a hardcore fan. Me personally Im a hardcore fan in my own right I get gutted I get bitter I lose sleep and I get over the moon when we win , my dogs bark endlessly when we score. When we lose a game of super importance I go in the room and sleep I hate that I get like that on Arsenal effect me in that way nothing else.

@ Dazzlà I don`t think it`s as easy as picking the top team during the time. In America most love the underdogs and its usually a person that moves them and this gets them in the door. As for Asians ,why would Arsenal have that many followings they won f`all they lose their best players every season for about 5 yrs. I think you understated you words...PL is no longer Britain they sold out to the World`s Shieks/Russians/Yanks/Indians/others etc.

OFF TOPIC !!! If puertoricans wanted to stay a country and have their own country. Why don`t they fight to be independente (refusing American backing). The thing is they want their Flag n American backing. They too complain about American influence ,but you can`t have your cake and eat it too!

Last edited:
@ gerd runedge is a top bloke he was a cricket fan as a wee I think and his uncle is Mutd supporters. He went to a few games and begin to follow them . I remember when Mutd wasn`t winning nothing and he was seem a bit down w/ Fergie at the time. He wasn`t a hardcore fan. Me personally Im a hardcore fan in my own right I get gutted I get bitter I lose sleep and I get over the moon when we win , my dogs bark endlessly when we score. When we lose a game of super importance I go in the room and sleep I hate that I get like that on Arsenal effect me in that way nothing else.

It wouldn't be the first time i would be completely wrong. IMO he was an idiot, always supporting his team in a very agressive way and taking it way too serious.
He had Ronaldo as his avatar and for a moment there was a rumour that Ronaldo would go to Man City. i jokingly replied that if that would happen, i knew somebody who would change his avatar. He replied that it was clear to him that i had something against him (which was true in a way, i did not like his agressive tone) and that i provoked him (which wasn't true at all, i merely made a joke and that was the first time i did that with him, even without mentioning his name). The best thing was that although he took it as a provocation...he did have changed his avatar, which was quite funny.

Last edited:
No worries gerd I do remember that btw you two .

On other news I`m getting the Mata feeling towards Cazorla . Everything seem so close,yet so far. The rumors of a loan deal from RM seem normal with Arsene he seem to want a loan deal before buying. I don`t get this latest Pod n Giroud won`t start the season ? They`ll be eased in at the start of the season, so much for buying ready made :LOL:

I see what you mean, but I didn't blame Kolo Toure, did I? Of course it's not up to him.
I just said Kolo is clueless at times and normally doesn't measure his words, but in this case he happens to be absolutely right. City just do what they want in the transfer market. Come to think of it, it's a great quote. Perfectly sums up the current state of affairs.

I thought Kolo was mocking the United chant 'We're Man United...and we do what we want', by saying City do what they want in the transfer market. I actually thought it was pretty clever ;)

1337869753-prem_2012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom