PES2016 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Re: PES2016 - PC Version Discussion Thread [ASIM/BHATTI TALK = NOT PC RELATED]

Played a few games now and I too am feeling very 'Meh' about it. Really don't like the ball physics. It seems like one of those cheap plastic balls you used to buy as a kid. The ones that made a 'ping' sound when you kicked it and went all wobbly in the air. I don't like the way all CPU passes bullet straight to the feet of their players - not an inch either side or over or under hit.

The CPU team continues to pass the ball around the defence without wanting to move up field. They do this even when they are losing. They did this in a game I played where they were losing 1-0 and then drawing 1-1 and just sat back playing tippy-tappy. Then they scored with 5 minutes to go to lead 2-1. You'd think that this was the optimum time to play keep-ball wouldn't you? No, they couldn't wait to get the ball upfield to try and score another but I ended up catching them on the break and equalising in 3rd minute of injury time. Crazy AI..!!!

Also I get a bit of an FPS problem and some micro-stutter when playing on full resolution. I don't know why though, cos I play Dirt Rally, Battlefield, COD all at max settings without it missing a beat and they are more system intensive than PES I would have thought?

All in all, I'm a bit underwhelmed with the whole thing. It's better than 2015, for sure and it looks better and the cut scenes are back but the gameplay? It doesn't make me want to keep going back for more like what others have said and previous Pro-Evo's have...

I feel like I'm controlling 11 berbatovs on the field. And every chance on net is a goal..wth konami

I have tested the full game just to pick it apart a bit and mess in training mode, so far Im stuck trying to get the damn thing to play without stutter, until I get that sorted I wont be modding anything for 2016 currently.

Nearly on the brink of simply staying with 2015 this year ... but we shall see.
Did you try medium graphic settings? I had similar stutter problems with high graphics (must be due to higher LOD + better crowd framerate), but medium graphics are exactly the same as PES 2015 in high (maybe a bit worse shadows).

"Wow" what a shame another year with some good and some bad gameplay.For me the keepers let the game down and also there is still a slight response delay in game. Oh well maybe next year.

After 2 days:
9C3wedF.jpg

Just scratching the surface :D

This game is a script fest whenever you play the CUP Mode. I conceded 10 goals now just by uncontrolled unaware defenders having a bad touch which always ends up in the opponent attacker's feet. I hope Master League isn't like this.

Yeah, my experience is similar. Too easy to score resulting in goal-fests. Also no fouls so far.
slide tackle fests. do slide tackle as you wish !! fouls won't be given !!

16 stadiums.... keepers are so awful man, inside the area always ends up a goal, keepers are so slow and move in slow motion...i just would like to know is the ps4 game totally different than the pc one? because this is impossible that the game is like that on ps4.

Last edited:

Well based on the Steam demo, I 'll be picking up PC copy soon. I have the PS4 version and I can assure you beside the graphical fidelities and lighting the gameplay, animation, physics and everything else are identical. Frankly I don't care much about the graphics as long as the cutscenes are present.

Imagine what would happen now if EA were Konami...
benqbiggis said:
i'm uploading a mod that unlock full original content from FIFA 16 to FIFA 16 demo

it's more than 3gb

all default teams from FIFA16
all kits from FIFA 16
all stadiums from FIFA 16
all faces and textures from FIFA 16

but the squads are a little bit outdated and brazilian team players are all fake

in counterpart my mod 1.1 have updated squads and real brazilian players

maybe i release the last version (1.2) of my mod adding the missing textures
(from SoccerGaming)

Well based on the Steam demo, I 'll be picking up PC copy soon. I have the PS4 version and I can assure you beside the graphical fidelities and lighting the gameplay, animation, physics and everything else are identical. Frankly I don't care much about the graphics as long as the cutscenes are present.
Wow, the demo is finally here indeed: http://store.steampowered.com/app/376890/

Defending your IP ≠ Evil
So not releasing any demo even AFTER the full game has been released (accusing PC modders of that) is defending one's intellectual property?
I really don't get it. The FULL GAME is out, data files are on users' PCs, what's there again they need to defend?

By the way, downloading the demo right now. It's not like I don't like PES or Konami. It's just that accusing the PC people of what is happening is pointless.

Just had a few games of the steam demo, my impressions are:

+ Graphics arent as bad as I was expecting, I had played on Xbox one previously so there wasnt such a drop as PS4 players might feel.

+ Gameplay feels the same as Xbox one, it really is only the graphics that were different for me.

+ Really enjoy the game when the ball isn't in the penalty area.

- Pretty much every shot is a goal. There is no joy in scoring as its just too easy.

- the goalies are really really bad, half the time the ball doesnt even go in the corner of the goal but they still cant get to it.

- CPU do not foul. Seriously, a game coming out in 2015 doesnt have fouls??

- Players all feel a bit too good on the ball, someone mentioned 11 Berbatovs, thats bang on. Even playing as the smaller teams felt like I was controlling Bayern.

Its a shame because there is a really good game in there somewhere but the goalies and shooting destroy all immersion for me. If there was joy to scoring a goal and the goalies could actually save shot that were to the left and right of them I could look past the no fouls issue and would find the game pretty enjoyable.

After playing one match, I gotta say that I see hardly any difference between PES 2015 and PES 2016. The demo plays the same and looks the same. By the way, how are you supposed to close the game? I couldn't find a way to do it apart from using the Task Manager...

KONAMI were even too lazy to adjust the text on the Steam store page of the demo; they still list the Arena Corinthians there.

Just had a few games of the steam demo, my impressions are:

+ Graphics arent as bad as I was expecting, I had played on Xbox one previously so there wasnt such a drop as PS4 players might feel.

+ Gameplay feels the same as Xbox one, it really is only the graphics that were different for me.

+ Really enjoy the game when the ball isn't in the penalty area.

- Pretty much every shot is a goal. There is no joy in scoring as its just too easy.

- the goalies are really really bad, half the time the ball doesnt even go in the corner of the goal but they still cant get to it.

- CPU do not foul. Seriously, a game coming out in 2015 doesnt have fouls??

- Players all feel a bit too good on the ball, someone mentioned 11 Berbatovs, thats bang on. Even playing as the smaller teams felt like I was controlling Bayern.

Its a shame because there is a really good game in there somewhere but the goalies and shooting destroy all immersion for me. If there was joy to scoring a goal and the goalies could actually save shot that were to the left and right of them I could look past the no fouls issue and would find the game pretty enjoyable.
agree totally, every shot from edge or inside area is a goal, it's the like the is scripted to be like that, u cannot defend inside the area when the ball is with the cpu, it's a goal no matter, plus goalkeepers, i'm not gonna start... moving like they don't want to save the ball, man what is going on with konami????!!!!why is it like this in this gen? since pes 2014?? whats happening, there is a really good game in there somewhere as you said...but much things need to be fixed...
i'm gonna say plus side and minus side
1-responsive controls for the most part
2-better heading shooting feeling.
3-better nets, but still need work.
minus
1-scripted gameplay in many situations.
1-goalkeppers
2-no fouls
3-defending inside area still unresponsive and scripted.

The transfers in the first ML window annoyed the shit out of me, there doesn't seem to be any bargains as average players(73-75) cost over 5 million and transfers seem to be handled by the scout so I can't manually do them myself barring a few tick boxes. I started with the shitty default ML players and I only had a transfer budget of 6 million at Vasco da Gama but I managed to sell the 35 year old AM for 12 million on the last day of the window so I have a bit of cash for the January window.

I try to keep transfers as realistic as I can in ML so I only buy young players from South America as I'm currently playing in the Brazilian League.

I gave the little AM called Maestro a new contract out of the batch of default players as he's fun to control and has a cool name. I'm really enjoying the gameplay overall as it suits my playstyle compared to the last few versions of PES where the gameplay was very oppressive, though maybe that will change as I get better players and it becomes too easy judging by some of the complaints in this thread.

Last edited:

Well, I love it.

Playing Copa Libertadores and had some really great matches. I have opposite experiences to some of you who complained about A.I. The teams I played against really seemed to be aware of the situation, during the match and even in the context of the group standings. I played a team I had beaten 0-3 at their stadium. Next match against me they had to win to even stand a chance of going through: suddenly they played really agressive, attacking football. Only by virtue of my keeper I could keep it 0-0. Second half they tried again, but seemed to get frustrated and with a counter I scored 1-0. They fell flat, and I scored another. They brought on two subs, and suddenly went forward again: 2-1. But it was too late for them, and I managed to stay in the lead.
Another match I struggled really hard, got 2-0 down, scored a lucky for 2-1 and went all out attack in the final ten minutes: really tense situations in front of goal, hitting the post and seeing a last minute header being cleared from the line by a defender.

Wow - what a game. And: certainly not every shot is a goal (maybe I am not such a good shooter). I did scored a 'Madjer' though - for the first time in my 30 years of experience with football games.

I have good hopes that this will prove to be the best football game I ever played. Really immersive. Of course it is not perfect - it is a GAME. But I do would like to thank the people who made it.

I feel for those who experience this as a 'meh'-game, but it also makes me a bit sad: what DO we have come to expect of games if we can't find joy in a game like this that really tries to mimic real football? Reminds me of that sketch by Louis CK, about a man during a flight who was cursing and complaining because the wifi just went down. What a sadness that we just cannot be amazed anymore, not even by the fact that we're 10000 km up in the sky, in a chair, at 800 km per hour. The world is a much more wonderous place than we so often percieve it.
Sorry for this rant. I hope everyone will find the joy in PES 2016 which I think is certainly there.

Last edited:

I feel for those who experience this as a 'meh'-game, but it also makes me a bit sad: what DO we have come to expect of games if we can't find joy in a game like this that really tries to mimic real football? Reminds me of that sketch by Louis CK, about a man during a flight who was cursing and complaining because the wifi just went down. What a sadness that we just cannot be amazed anymore, not even by the fact that we're 10000 km up in the sky, in a chair, at 800 km per hour. The world is a much more wonderous place than we so often percieve it.
You don't "feel" for those people, you just spent two paragraphs insulting their ability to make a determination for themselves.

You don't "feel" for those people, you just spent two paragraphs insulting their ability to make a determination for themselves.

Hardly an insult....just an opinion, as is yours

Hardly an insult....just an opinion, as is yours
O sure, his view of the game as great is sublime, the rest of us are fat Louis CK losers who can't appreciate the wonder of Konami. No, no insult in any of that.

You notice the difference between him thinking he has to critique what others think of the game, versus those of us who keep our comments focused on what we think of the demo? His is much more than just an "opinion."

O sure, his view of the game as great is sublime, the rest of us are fat Louis CK losers who can't appreciate the wonder of Konami. No, no insult in any of that.

You notice the difference between him thinking he has to critique what others think of the game, versus those of us who keep our comments focused on what we think of the demo? His is much more than just an "opinion."

did he use the word "losers"...NO, sounds like you just want a argument...chill

I am sorry, Angus. I never meant it to be an insult, nor to critique any honest opinion about the game. I just meant to say that we so often deprive ourselves from the good things that are around us, just because we don't see them. That counts for me, at last - I myself have been the complaining man at the flight too many times in my life.

As for PES 2016, I really do hope we can ALL experience joy with it. NO sarcasm.

Happy gaming.

I just tried whether it's possible to insert files into the demo via DPFileList.bin, and guess what, it works!

I am sorry, Angus. I never meant it to be an insult, nor to critique any honest opinion about the game. I just meant to say that we so often deprive ourselves from the good things that are around us, just because we don't see them. That counts for me, at last - I myself have been the complaining man at the flight too many times in my life.
Thanks for the response, I understand, and I have been a supporter of Konami for years. But just how "awestruck and amazed" are we supposed to be when it comes to a game that in many ways looks, feels and plays like it was coded in 2000? Plus they jacked up the price 30 bucks this year for all this wondrous awesomeness.

I gave Konami the benefit of the doubt with last year's half great, half-broken effort. This year they've "fixed" the game's ongoing lack of responsiveness by coding in skating players and hovercraft-like ball physics. And at least two of the coding issues from last year - same CPU goals over and over, no CPU shots travelling above 3 feet in the air - appear to be broken again this year.

There's happy appreciation, and there's also intelligent discernment.

coding in skating players

Ive noticed an odd animation where a player is getting passed a player and they seem to "slide-stretch-skate" over them which comes off as a bit odd.

Ive noticed an odd animation where a player is getting passed a player and they seem to "slide-stretch-skate" over them which comes off as a bit odd.
Yes, I noticed this immediately. CPU ballcarrier didn't pull off a trick to get past my player, it teleported around him.

Thank you Matt10 for the tip! That changed the game for me too. Now I can find space in the box without the CPU gangbanging me and they don't sit too deep.

For those who want to try, here's the EDIT.bin. Only edited Ligue 1 and 2 Fluid Formation, Numbers in Attack/Defense to Few. Copy to Konami folder in your Documents. :))

Back
Top Bottom