PES 2015 Discussion thread. PC

Sure. Here are some screenshots:

v7I3Xud.jpg

wa1BjM5.jpg

vpws0PI.jpg

RxTd7Yp.jpg

And here's the config file (it's for ReShade 0.15.0 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 so you might wanna get that). Get it here: http://txt.do/m89q

Last edited:
I gotta say this.

I've been playing PES 2015 on PC and PS4 sice it first came out. I also have FIFA 15 on the PS4. I like both. For a while. Then I got bored of them. I installed PES 2013, installed PESJP patch, Jenkey's Gameplay Tool with my own settings, added a lot of faces, stadiums, balls, boots, etc. Downloaded a few stuff to have the game up to date in terms of trnsfers and stats. Then I set up SweetFX on it with a great config I've been working on... and boy! I'M IN LOVE WITH IT! I can't stop playing it. It's so great. Fluid. Responsive. The AI is smart. The are so many ways to attack and score. There's unpredictability all over.

Just my two cents. PES 2013 is the best game for me.

for sure the best pes after pes 6.

graphics on pc is far advance then pes 2015.

just those unpredictable scorelines wouldnt be in it, 8-1, 5-9 and such games, duh i hated 2013 for that, couldnt play a good match with my mates. that was the time when i rather made faces than played the game.

nontheless 2015 is more basic game than ISS Pro Evolution Soccer 2, so no wonder if someone goes back to an older game and sees more variation in a other game

Last edited:
If you make players miss target due to stats and place perfect passes due to stats again you gonna complain that players dont do what you want them to do.
That's why I changed the focus in the "passing" section from "precision when hitting a perfect pass" to "accuracy when hitting a non-perfect pass".
With my first post about passing in 2009 I said that I expected a perfect pass, even if made on manual, to be less precise if played by Kalambay than if played by Pirlo.
That was an error.
A perfect pass, if played on manual, should always be perfect no matter who is the player performing it.
The game has to make it difficult for a manual player to always heet the "sweet spot" for perfect passes (so spot-on perfect passes would be really a few), but it doesn't have to punish the player if the pass is perfect.

The difference between players should be in terms of "accuracy when hitting a wrong pass": if you managed to play a perfect pass either with Pirlo or Kalambay, it should be perfect ingame.
If you play a near-perfect pass with Pirlo (on manual), it should be near-perfect also ingame while if you played it with Kalambay it should be a little off, surely not as accurate as Pirlo's one.

just those unpredictable scorelines wouldnt be in it, 8-1, 5-9 and such games, duh i hated 2013 for that, couldnt play a good match with my mates. that was the time when i rather made faces than played the game.

nontheless 2015 is more basic game than ISS Pro Evolution Soccer 2, so no wonder if someone goes back to an older game and sees more variation in a other game

I don't get any crazy scorelines playing against the AI. Jenkey's Gameplay tool makes the CPU raise the bar and level up. On the contrary, certain teams are impossible to beat for me. And the AI doesn't cheat at all, unlike PES 2014 and even 2015.

No catch up bug. Some great animations (although this might be PES 2013's weaker department, specially passing animations variety), great ball physics, grat match pace, etc.

The biggest downside for me is the lack of a proper Master League system. It looks childish and full of BS in PES 2013. And the lack of a League Mode. The rest of it, specially in terms of gameplay itself and graphics (although NOT in cutscenes and cinematics, that's where FIFA 15 and PES 2015 are far better) PES 2013 is THE game for me.

I personally don't understand this love for PES 2013. I mean, I can understand, but I can't feel it, no matter how much I tried. For me it doesn't feel like football, all teams play direct long ball and I really wouldn't say it looks good graphically. It was the only year, except for some time in 2009, when I switched to FIFA. But let it be my personal preferences.

Recently I rediscovered the old WE 2002 from PS1 times. Masterpiece game, and there are so many patches made for it - you can play any of the previous world cups/euros, also you have all old stars there. It may be basic, but it plays just right, is hard and unpredictable. Love it.

I gotta say this.

I've been playing PES 2015 on PC and PS4 sice it first came out. I also have FIFA 15 on the PS4. I like both. For a while. Then I got bored of them. I installed PES 2013, installed PESJP patch, Jenkey's Gameplay Tool with my own settings, added a lot of faces, stadiums, balls, boots, etc. Downloaded a few stuff to have the game up to date in terms of trnsfers and stats. Then I set up SweetFX on it with a great config I've been working on... and boy! I'M IN LOVE WITH IT! I can't stop playing it. It's so great. Fluid. Responsive. The AI is smart. The are so many ways to attack and score. There's unpredictability all over.

Gonna try that out. Thanks for the tip.

I gotta say this.

You only just realized?

I personally don't understand this love for PES 2013. I mean, I can understand, but I can't feel it, no matter how much I tried. For me it doesn't feel like football, all teams play direct long ball and I really wouldn't say it looks good graphically. It was the only year, except for some time in 2009, when I switched to FIFA. But let it be my personal preferences.

I played it this weekend since PES 2015 died on me thanks to the fucking konami update. What the game has massively, it's best part is the dribbling and ball control, it's way ahead of any other football game in this department, not just user dribbling but AI dribbling.

The game is set up where the CPU essentially looks for the shortest route to goal and it starts with dribbling, They analyse the space infront and exploit it as quickly as possible, by default the tactics set about 70-80% of teams up the same way using long ball or quick counter, the others weren't set up properly either so teams attacked too much in a hurry. So the key to the game was to cut out the spaces with your team tactics. Unlike 2015 or ISS games all the way to 2010, the AI would usually play strictly under their ideology, PES 2013 the AI freedom and variables where unchained by an ideology and heavily dependent on the space available infront and player ability.

What brought the best out of the game when editing the tactics was the started to naturally flow like no other football game has ever showed, the Ai would create so complete unique stuff with a insane amount of possible variables simply because there where less open, obvious consistent spaces for the Ai to exploit.

The tactics worked in essentially the opposite way to 2015 where you give a team an ideology and they all follow it so it's team gameplan 1st and player individuality second, PES 2013 was a very 'player individuality' heavy game so the tactics manipulated the off the ball movement but the players choices would be based on the players ability more than anything.

The biggest issue with the game was the physics and animations! Where this helped though, because they where able to create their vision which is the most important thing, PES 2013 is the blueprint for the future of PES or any football game.

PES 2013 at its very best out of the box is just play 30 minute Copa Libertadores matches with manual or 1 bar passing, on the last few pes games you can play on anything above 1 bar pass assistance for realism.

Last edited:
I played it this weekend since PES 2015 died on me thanks to the fucking konami update.

Could you elaborate? I came back to play some PES 2015, after last DP and patch from February. Did something change? Game feels a bit different indeed, but it might be a typical placebo, or maybe I just got out of shape. But it feels slightly more annoying indeed.

Or maybe you mean something different, not related to gameplay itself?

You only just realized?

Yah man, sorry bout that.

The reason is I got a PS3 when PES 2013 was at its peak, with Jenkey in a top form, giving us the very best of his skills.

So I got FIFA 13 back then and that was it. I stopped playing PES 2013. I enjoyed FIFA 13 A LOT back then. Playing Online Seasons and all. Then I went back to PES when PES 2014 demo came out and I enjoyed it a little bit, but I switched to FIFA 14 quickly. By the end of last year I got a PS4 and got PES 2015 and FIFA 15. Played both for a while. Then switched to PES 2015 on PC and I was enjoying it. Then all of a sudden I started getting annoyed with both games on either version (PC and PS4) and something told me to go back to PES 2013 and I'm glad I did.

Once you get a proper patch with all the current transfers, kits and star adding faces, stadiums, turfs, boots, etc and find the proper settings on Jenkey's Gameplay tool... there's no turning back. Add SweetFX on top of it and you got yourself a great football simulation game, with very nice graphics and....FUN. Just because it's supposed to be a sim doesn't mean it can't be fun too.

I don't actually use any of jenkeys gameplay mod tool, i have done the opposite I've stripped kitserver and gameplay server down as much as possible to get the konami original gameplay.

The biggest issue with PES 2013 on pc was the tools messing with the gameplay, just default kitserver broke the gameplay, mainly because of the speeder. but even small things such as camera settings broke the coding.

If you use jenkeys mods it helps but I've found none are as good or deep as konami's intended gameplay. The best example i can give was the low shots from cpu issue which was never a problem in the konami gameplay but on pc with all the old codes created for games like PES6-2010 which didn't work in harmony with PES 2013 created this issue.

Could you elaborate? I came back to play some PES 2015, after last DP and patch from February. Did something change? Game feels a bit different indeed, but it might be a typical placebo, or maybe I just got out of shape. But it feels slightly more annoying indeed.

Or maybe you mean something different, not related to gameplay itself?

No, the update corrupted my pes galaxy so everything reverted back to default. Gameplay hasn't changed much if at all. Its pretty much been the same since 1.00 with very minor tweaks and enhancements to keepers.

The biggest issue with PES 2013 on pc was the tools messing with the gameplay
Sorry, but that is just so wrong on so many levels. The various modding tools people have created the past few years have been the one thing that has saved this broken mess of a series.

Thankfully PES 2015 doesn't need much more than a few specific ratings tweaks to rebalance the gameplay, and those can be quickly accomplished with the editor. In other words, yet again it's someone's PC tool that is responsible for making this game playable.

Last edited:
Sorry, but that is just so wrong on so many levels. The various modding tools people have created the past few years have been the one thing that has saved this broken mess of a series.

Please don't misunderstand me here, i'm not saying the tools where useless, no, please here me out...

Here:

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=70982&highlight=sabastto+gameplay

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=69196&highlight=sabastto+gameplay

These are the discussions about it. My point is that certain codes which where created way back in kitservers conception for the PES 3/4/5 and so on games remained in every year didn't work with 2011-13.

PES 2011 the gameplay took a very significant change, it was a sensitive, game with freedom of moving 360 degrees compared to the 8 directions on rails game from before. Despite it being on the same engine, codes like the speeder just didn't work whatsoever with the PES 2011-13.

I played PES 2011 and 12 on the PS3 and on the PC, what struck me and didn't make sense till 13 was why the PS3 version was so, much better than the PC version in gameplay, regardless of gameplay patches and global edits, especially 2012!

On the PS3 version PES 2012, you just change the speed to -2 and it was great, real brought the best out of the game! Thats all that was needed, on the PC with kitserver on, the ingame speed settings didn't work and literally made no difference! Infact when it came to the gameplay edits Yair and Nesa's stuff was best used with the basic default game with no kitserver, just the .exe

This is because the creator of kitserver the legend juce grew tired of PES with 2011, he didn't like it and didn't really care to make kitserver anymore, so he shared the project with Jenkey and they made kitserver in the same way as prior to PES 2010. PES 2011-13 may have been the same engine as the previous game but the gameplay was completely different and didn't work along the same lines as before.

Sabassto is the guy who really got the ball rolling on this, he said with PES 2013 and for me also it was obvious, the vanilla game with no kitserver, nothing attached was better in gameplay than the kitserver version. He used to repack all the kits and things into the dt files directly and play off the disc so the gameplay remained intact. He was right about kitserver doing something to break the code. i noticed this too, thankfully because i played the vanilla game with everything intact with WE United for two highly enjoyable seasons before using PES galaxy on a separate .exe . Then that is where the issues began!

Thankfully over time i managed to isolate much of the old does which broke the gameplay so this is the ideal configfile for kitserver on pes 2013!

PHP:
[afs2fs]
img.dir = "pesgalaxy" (or whichever patch you use)

[kload]
dll = libpng15
dll = zlib1
dll = afsio
dll = ballserv
dll = kserv
dll = fserv
dll = afs2fs

Any scripts which touch the gameplay in any way remove! Do this for both kitserver and gameplay tool.

My point here is that there where many great modifications available for PES 2011-13 but the big issue was the gameplay was essentially broken by kitserver and many of the tweaks and mods where based on that reduced quality gameplay, than based on the standard untouched PES!

Last edited:
I remember those discussions, and I must say you had a point there: that "air physics" thing actually made it clear to me why I liked PES 2011 (as I never used kitserver with it) while others were bashing it like no tomorrow.

My point here is that there where many great modifications available for PES 2011-13 but the big issue was the gameplay was essentially broken by kitserver
Okay, I have never used Kitserver so I have no knowledge of that. I accomplish all my gameplay improvements via player/tactics editing only. This year for example shooting is overpowered and defending is weak, so I lowered players' shot power/finishing and raised their defensive ratings. Gameplay is now properly balanced.

so it's sweetfx?

too bad, i don't use it... but this is how this game should have looked out of box. even pes 2014 has better LOD and texures than 2015.

I have a powerful rig so have never noticed personally. But for improvements it's a no brainer for me. Each to there own though.

I dont like enb or sweet fx ... until I tried this version linked here.

First time ive ever decided to keep it installed, I lessened the blue tint and de saturated color by around 30 percent for pref, but this sweet fx finally uses sharpen correctly, contours of faces and kits/pitch MUCH more defined. I have older rig and no performance hit at all. This particular sweet fx (all be it with personal adjustments) finally adds that LOD look much needed in this game and has been edited by someone who seems to know how to use it.

The icing on the eye candy cake for me. Which is odd because every ENB and sweet fx ive tried were crap and instantly un installed and just used for the sake of changing and eye-burn effect over use. This does need a tweek (for me), but its a keeper now.

Sweet FX colouring is my bug bear mainly so I still desaturate that down, for example playing barca V man city .. just purple and blue overload, but its the contour sharpen and face enhancement in intros and cut scenes where this sweetfx version shines the most, looks very impressive in rain (PS4 style rain) with south america games with ticker & fireworks. First time in 2015 that i played Ai V Ai broadcast in night rain, and took time to stand back away from monitor and be impressed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom