Zidane / Materazzi

Then you see France penalty against Portugal, and you remember that this is not the question of the post.

World would be beautiful if nobody insults nobody.
But it would be worse if people start headbutting each other...

Why do Materazzi insulted Zidane? It doesn't matter...
Provocation? He really hates his family? He likes to insult? Is he a descendent from Jafar?

Materazzi is what he is. Zidane is what he is.
Materazzi did what he did. Zidane did what he did.

I think that, to solve the case, Fifa should suspend Materazzi 1 Int'l game, and Zidane 5 Int'l games.

And then, case is over.

whos to say Italy wouldnt of gone on to beat Australia anyway?

The penalty was a penalty imo. He definatly made the most of it, but there was slight contact. Neill leaned into Grosso, and he went down like he was shot. Still obstruction mind.

But like I said of that wasnt given you and I dont know who would of won that match. By the way Italy dispatched those pens in the final we had a good chance of beating them on pens.

Anyways, I just wanna say I also think its awful that Materazzi is getting in trouble for mouthing off at Zidane. Now Im no Materazzi fan, but what he did doesnt deserve punishment. If you were gonna puninsh him you'll have to punish everyone in the game. Insults are part of the game.

Adonis said:
Anyways, I just wanna say I also think its awful that Materazzi is getting in trouble for mouthing off at Zidane. Now Im no Materazzi fan, but what he did doesnt deserve punishment. If you were gonna puninsh him you'll have to punish everyone in the game. Insults are part of the game.

Point is, if they punish Materazzi for mouthing off at Zidane, they'll have to punish every player who insult: Other players, Referee, officials, managers, and so on...
Imagine if you get 1 game suspension everytime somebody says f*ck *ff or you bastard :D

zidane is a crack but materazzi says to he something very bad zidane does not deserve the balon of gold by that fight
sorry i don't speak inglish very good sorry

Last edited:
Kiske said:
Point is, if they punish Materazzi for mouthing off at Zidane, they'll have to punish every player who insult: Other players, Referee, officials, managers, and so on...
Imagine if you get 1 game suspension everytime somebody says f*ck *ff or you bastard :D

i agree with you but things have to change now,stop to insults and racism will be great and i hope fifa will change this ,i m french ,i like also italian team cause they play well ,but they should not be there as i said up,also there was not penalty in first mi-temps of the final against italy but ,there was one in second ..the final first part was for italy ,and the second with overtime was french,italy win in penaltys wich is "not consider as a victory "but like a "draw" game.
Italy won the world cup and there s no more things to say about that ,careful the 6 september against france in european championnship ,we will see who is the best ...;) hope there will not be materazzi wich it will be difficult for him ...lol

ericd said:
italy should absolutly not be in final ;cause there was an amazing ,absolut, imaginary penalty ,against australia at the end of the match , i can t believe fifa let by this error ,this non sense to much referee faults on this world cups ,the referees were zero.........
LOL.
I keep on saying that envy is a bad thing, don't u agree? where were you in 2002 when Italy got KICKED OFF the world cup because of an idiot referee?

btw, let's get back in topic.. SHIT HAPPENS, during every match..
why FIFA behaved like this only against Materazzi and not against POULSEN, then?

Lilian Thuram about Materazzi (Reverso translate)

" A player as Materazzi, it is a disease, that should not exist, declares the Inhabitant of Guadeloupe. It has been a long time since I think of that. Materazzi gives a negative image of the football and he does not need this type of attitude because it is rather a very good player (...). The football, it is a game(set,play) and we respect rules of the game. It is of use to what to win if we cheated? In nothing. "

ThomasGOAL said:
Real Materazzi words :
"you are the son of a terrorist bitch, fuck you"

:lmao:

Thomas, please go get some sleep man. You look tired! :roll:

ericd said:
italy should absolutly not be in final ;cause there was an amazing ,absolut, imaginary penalty ,against australia at the end of the match , i can t believe fifa let by this error ,this non sense to much referee faults on this world cups ,the referees were zero.........

That's funny too, I saw Henry diving against Portugal, besides you were in the final because of Monsieur Platini. :roll:

Last edited:
Thomas let this thread die!!

The world cup is over Zidane is NEVER coming back. Oh and incase you never seen the final Matarazzi was the victim he was attacked, if Zidane cant take the name games he should never kick a ball again it's called gamesmanship trying to get every advantage over your opponent you can. So i suppose Marco was THE most influential man in the world cup final so can he have the golden ball?..............thought not

ThomasGOAL said:
Lilian Thuram about Materazzi (Reverso translate)

where did he claim he said something racist?

your friend Zidane is the one to blame for his ridiculous actions. trying to blame Materazzi is a joke.

vasilios said:
where did he claim he said something racist?

your friend Zidane is the one to blame for his ridiculous actions. trying to blame Materazzi is a joke.
Yes of course the provocator cheater win, you need change your mentaly guys !

and urbanspy, isn't finish yet, Zidane go to FIFA tomorrow like Materazzi last week.

Zidane is responsible, during my soccer days i used to insult peoples mothers all the time, I would go right up to their face and shout loudly about how I had taken their mother up the rear the night before and in a lot of cases even provided pics and some of her nightwear and still i wouldn't get a reaction. Soccer players are supposed to be professional and like myself the players I played with were unlike Zidane.

Dermot said:
Zidane is responsible, during my soccer days i used to insult peoples mothers all the time, I would go right up to their face and shout loudly about how I had taken their mother up the rear the night before and in a lot of cases even provided pics and some of her nightwear and still i wouldn't get a reaction. Soccer players are supposed to be professional and like myself the players I played with were unlike Zidane.

And you're proud of what you did?
When you play FOOTBALL, you're not supposed to insult everyone, as much as you're not supposed to headbutt someone else...

The best way to react when you're fed up with someone, is not to insult nor to fight, it's by playing your way and showing what you're made of.

Those who insult in the first place are just frustrated beings, and those who react are practicaly the same, except they responded to something.

In both cases, both acts are dumb and should not be tolerated, even if insulting is common, it's just shouldn't be that way.

Listen Yogui - Looking back on it I'm not entirely proud of my actions but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. It brought a new dimension to my game and made people think twice before they started messing with me on the field. People would say "oh there's that player Dermot, better not tackle him too much or he might pull out a picture of him gipping all over my mother" and they would avoid going into the 50/50 situation with me. But what Materazzi done was NOTHING compared to what i used to do on a field and look what happened do him. Zidane is completely unprofessional and always has been. What about that time he scissorkicked that opponent in the mouth breaking out 3 of his front teeth when he was playing with Bordeaux????? Or that time with Juve he mashed Gianluca Pagliucas head into the goalpost with the stud of his right boot and thought he wouldn't get caught til it showed up on the replay. Just because it wasn't as huge a game nobody noticed he has always been this way.

Dermot said:
Listen Yogui - Looking back on it I'm not entirely proud of my actions but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. It brought a new dimension to my game and made people think twice before they started messing with me on the field. People would say "oh there's that player Dermot, better not tackle him too much or he might pull out a picture of him gipping all over my mother" and they would avoid going into the 50/50 situation with me. But what Materazzi done was NOTHING compared to what i used to do on a field and look what happened do him. Zidane is completely unprofessional and always has been. What about that time he scissorkicked that opponent in the mouth breaking out 3 of his front teeth when he was playing with Bordeaux????? Or that time with Juve he mashed Gianluca Pagliucas head into the goalpost with the stud of his right boot and thought he wouldn't get caught til it showed up on the replay. Just because it wasn't as huge a game nobody noticed he has always been this way.

I'm not talking about Zidane, i know what he did was wrong, and it's not the first time.
I've never insulted anyone on the pitch, I really think it's useless. If you're smart enough, just play it tough, without hurting, but by showing you're there and that you're not afraid of going for the ball no matter what. There's no need to insult if you want to scare someone...

OMG yougi this guy dermot is full of shit and you took him serious, hahahahaahahhahaa, funniest fucking post by dermot ever!!!!

"I would go right up to their face and shout loudly about how I had taken their mother up the rear the night before and in a lot of cases even provided pics and some of her nightwear and still i wouldn't get a reaction."

ThomasGOAL said:
Real Materazzi words :
"you are the son of a terrorist bitch, fuck you"

Real Materazzi words ?

Are you God ? :D

No... you are just acting like most of the french media and politics... in a pathetic way.

Cantona explains his view on the incident (babelfish translation sorry ^^) :

A word on Zinédine Zidane. What inspires his headbutt to you on Materazzi during the extra time of the final ?
Insults, one receives thousands in a career from them. It received thousands from them, as I received some. But it is a whole which can cause that, a context as a whole, as the state in which one is. With my opinion, it is much more complicated than one cares to admit. That has to see with the Man (the human being), it is like that. Me, in any case, that does not disturb me absolutely in the direction where this gesture does not influence of anything what I think of the player. That does not change absolutely anything with the respect which I have for him. This one is intact. It perhaps lost a certain public but, in same time, it gained another. And the public which it gained is better perhaps than that which it lost.
:king:

Back
Top Bottom