Zidane / Materazzi

Mauras said:
Still subconsciously rembembering the Euro hein? lool :)

Zidane was what? the best player of what? Zidane made 2 good games in the tournament: the Brazil game and the final. How does that compare with the performances of Buffon, Cannavaro and Co.?

Cannavaro was a giant on all games, Buffon the same, and there were also other players that, if you are voting only based in 2 games would also deserve the prize.

If Zidane wasn't Zidane but another less proeminent and legendary player having the same games he had that player wouldn't make it to the top 3 in the votes.

what a fantastic post!!!!!:applause: :applause: every thing i would have said it's said on this post!!!
Canavaro was great during every games like buffon !!!

You forgot the spain and portugal game in where Zidane was instrumental to Frances success. Thats not to say cannavaro or buffon didnt deserve it but equally as much so did zidane.

My opinion is this whole debate needs to come to an end. The odd red card in a cup final shouldnt tarnish anyones life long career. I find it so stupid and fickle when people tut-tut their face in judgement of what Zidane done. Show me a world class player who hasnt been sent off in past for violent conduct. Of course it is wrong to lash out but its stupid to hold it against someone, or think about taking back awards as if they are a little child. As for Materazzi the man cant help himself, I kind of admire his adudacity to look for trouble all the time, its rare you see such cunning players who mix such tactics with foul play. Both players were in the wrong, now move on forget about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
For information, during all the World Cup after France games Canal+ try interview with Zidane and after all interviews Zidane says "Je t'aime Maman" because the Zidane mother have a big health problem.

i think few users understand now...

Last edited:
I understand nothing Tomas. My mother also passed away recently due to an health problem, that's not a reason for me to headbutt a colleague professional like Zidane did, in front of millions. It wasn't even spontaneous, he waited for the right moment to do it, cause he knew he would get away with any posterior punishment.

You should stop sweetening Zidane's pill cause there is simply no excuse whatsoever. If he wanted he would wait for Materazzi till the end of the match and then spank his arse, after the game, just like Weah did one time (brilliantly in my op) with Jorge Costa. He did it in front of cameras, in front of the whole world, in a WC final. it's unnaceptable, because he then gets the higher prize there is.

Message for children: it's ok to spank someone like that because he says the wrong thing about your family. Chances are you still gonna be named the "best in class". Simply pathetic.

Mauras said:
I understand nothing Tomas. My mother also passed away recently due to an health problem, that's not a reason for me to headbutt a colleague professional like Zidane did, in front of millions. It wasn't even spontaneous, he waited for the right moment to do it, cause he knew he would get away with any posterior punishment.

You should stop sweetening Zidane's pill cause there is simply no excuse whatsoever. If he wanted he would wait for Materazzi till the end of the match and then spank his arse, after the game, just like Weah did one time (brilliantly in my op) with Jorge Costa. He did it in front of cameras, in front of the whole world, in a WC final. it's unnaceptable, because he then gets the higher prize there is.

Message for children: it's ok to spank someone like that because he says the wrong thing about your family. Chances are you still gonna be named the "best in class". Simply pathetic.

I agree :)

ThomasGOAL said:
I know it's genius too, but isn't a WC final ;) for last game
oh yes, there's been a misunderstanding..

I just wanted to say that Totti too is a genius.. and Totti too used to react in a bad way when provoked (e.g. poulsen)

maybe it's a "tipical" feature of the greatest players..

ThomasGOAL said:
Maradona "hand of god" it's a bad and unfair play move and red card in WC 82
Wow. Let it go, it was 20 years ago... (1986)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mart said:
Wow. Let it go, it was 20 years ago... (1986)
The hand yes i know, but the red card is in 1982
i don't compare with Zidane :roll: i speak with Kleimann about great players and bad reactions.

I was making a joke about the fact you were bringing up the "hand of god" thing after all this time. I wasn't comparing with Zidane either, it was meant to be amusing. I enjoyed it anyway.

You can't blame me for misreading your sentence either.

Back to my cave I go.

i think i am one of the few ones who think that it was right to headbutt materazzi during the match:

if you guys ever played football (i'm sure you have) then you must know that this game is an emotional game and sometimes you cant keep control and keep cool on the pitch.and zidanes headbutt was like:"football becomes dirty...without me, sorry"

and materazzi fully DESERVED it.thats it!
i am sure zidane wouldnt do anything (you saw him going away) but materazzi couldnt shut his dirty mouth and insulted his family, so that was enough.and when it comes to your family, everyone gets crazy.

Ernestito said:
i think i am one of the few ones who think that it was right to headbutt materazzi during the match:

if you guys ever played football (i'm sure you have) then you must know that this game is an emotional game and sometimes you cant keep control and keep cool on the pitch.and zidanes headbutt was like:"football becomes dirty...without me, sorry"

and materazzi fully DESERVED it.thats it!
i am sure zidane wouldnt do anything (you saw him going away) but materazzi couldnt shut his dirty mouth and insulted his family, so that was enough.and when it comes to your family, everyone gets crazy.

Yes sure ! Clear message here from Zidane.

If you insult my family, you 'll get an headbutt ! That's a very positive and constructive message for young generations.
If Zidane is considered a god of football in France, how many people or childrens 'll learn from this sad story that it's right to use violence against words ?

Pathetic.

Kiske said:
Yes sure ! Clear message here from Zidane.

If you insult my family, you 'll get an headbutt ! That's a very positive and constructive message for young generations.
If Zidane is considered a god of football in France, how many people or childrens 'll learn from this sad story that it's right to use violence against words ?

Pathetic.

i say it again, zidane ignored him first but materazzi couldnt shut his fucking mouth.he invited zidane to kick his face.

i dont say that i like what zidane did, but if you cant stop talking shit then you ar responsible for whats happening.

and you are from switzerland? haha, no wonder why are you are thinking this way.

Ernestito said:
and you are from switzerland? haha, no wonder why are you are thinking this way.
lol yes i remember Switzerland vs Turkey, with racist insult from the fans, and Switzerland have nothing and Turkey banned...

that is Pathetic.

Ernestito said:
i say it again, zidane ignored him first but materazzi couldnt shut his fucking mouth.he invited zidane to kick his face.

i dont say that i like what zidane did, but if you cant stop talking shit then you ar responsible for whats happening.

What's the point from being from Switzerland ?
Does it mean I can't make my own objective opinion about this story ?

FIFA are going to investigate Materazzi - link.

Disgraceful, you think players don't say this every match? If it was a Ukrainian defender saying this to a Swiss striker for example, no one would have given a shite. But as it's Zidane and he's now retired, Materazzi is about to be crucified.

:roll:

ThomasGOAL said:
lol yes i remember Switzerland vs Turkey, with racist insult from the fans, and Switzerland have nothing and Turkey banned...

that is Pathetic.

Racist insults ? A small part of the swiss fans whistled the Turkish anthem. That was really unfair, but did this justify the violence seen in Istanbul before, during and after the Turkey-Switzerland match ?

Ernestito said:

Being a professional means you're required to keep your cool and maintain a professional attitude and capacity while on the pitch.

Ernestito said:

{|=

You're mother insults are the most laughable and easily brushed off insults in the world. They're the type of insults that are thrown at you since you were 5 years old, be it in school, on the football pitch or on the street. Zidane is no exception, his upbringing in Marseille was notoriously tough and he no doubt suffered not only "you're mother" insults regularly but actual racial slurs as well. Are you telling me that after about 30 years of these, Materazzi has magically come up with a new insult that totally "shocked" and "hurt" Zidane into reacting the way he did? Please....

Materazzi is not to blame for Zidane's reaction, only Zidane is.

Well Zidane done what he done, most people think he shouldnt have some think he was within his rights. I think he should have, but what does it matter. He proberly will get to keep his award, he will be gutted he never won this WC, but he has one under his belt to go with his Euro 2000 medal. He has won the CL, won a good few league titles in Italy and Spain. Three times Fifa player of the year and has won the Ballon d'Or.

He is to blame for his actions but he can do what he wants he is only human, though I have to say if it is true what Materazzi says that does make him scum.

He is no worse than Maradona, at least Zidane was never a cheat or a drug user. He is a legend and will always be remembered as that.

Last edited:
Dar said:
Being a professional means you're required to keep your cool and maintain a professional attitude and capacity while on the pitch.

{|=

You're mother insults are the most laughable and easily brushed off insults in the world. They're the type of insults that are thrown at you since you were 5 years old, be it in school, on the football pitch or on the street. Zidane is no exception, his upbringing in Marseille was notoriously tough and he no doubt suffered not only "you're mother" insults regularly but actual racial slurs as well. Are you telling me that after about 30 years of these, Materazzi has magically come up with a new insult that totally "shocked" and "hurt" Zidane into reacting the way he did? Please....

Materazzi is not to blame for Zidane's reaction, only Zidane is.

Agreed. Can you imagine if every player headbutted their opponents every time they insulted their mother?

Conclusion: Materazzi a dirty, foul mouth son of a biatch... Zidane the biggest sucker in the world for falling for the oldest insult in the book. S U C K A H ! ! ! :lol:

italy should absolutly not be in final ;cause there was an amazing ,absolut, imaginary penalty ,against australia at the end of the match , i can t believe fifa let by this error ,this non sense to much referee faults on this world cups ,the referees were zero.........

Back
Top Bottom