Your Game of the Year 2012

Journey. NBA 2k13 sports game of the year.

The more i play far cry 3 the less i like it. storywise is really meh.

Most disappointing game: pes 2013 by far.

Yeah Sleeping Dogs was good too. Great shout.

I've actually been playing Battlefield 3 a lot lately too, having finished FC3. I realise it wasn't a 2012 game as such, but it's basically what has been your game of the year, not really limited to it's release date.

Yeah Sleeping Dogs is a very good shout, really enjoyed that game, FC3 is decent but some of the mission design is incredibly meh. Fifa13 of course is certainly up there, not really fair to compare it to a non-sports title so I would put Fifa13 and Sleeping Dogs as joint GOTY for me :)

I own and play both fifa and nba2k13. Even if i love football more, i must say NBA2k13 is light years ahead of fifa in pretty much everything.

Sleeping dogs: it is gonna be my xmas present 2 myself! nice call, the demo looked indeed very nice.

Far Cry 3 and Forza Horizon

Sleeping Dogs was good but it has to be compared to GTA and it wasn't polished enough to touch GTA

Playing AC3 at the minute and it seems very good

Oh and add Fifa 13, so much better than last years and the game i play the most

The Walking Dead

Not necessarily the game I've played the most, but I'd say it had the biggest impact on me in terms of how much it surprised me.

(I've yet to try the likes of Farcry 3, Borderlands 2 or AC3 - will pick them up eventually, just not in any rush)

Not really :)

Any 3rd Person, free roaming game has to be compared to GTA (or any similar Rockstar incarnation) because they set the standard :)

I think if they sorted the driving out in Sleeping Dogs it would have been a hell of alot better as well. The game was just all a bit stiff and un human like.

I own and play both fifa and nba2k13. Even if i love football more, i must say NBA2k13 is light years ahead of fifa in pretty much everything.

Not really so much in fifa but in sport games in general is how i fell, every year there is alot of improvement, no sports game even comes close in how it steps up yearly and what it delivers, fantastic franchise.

Most played:
Trials Evolution
PES 2011
PES 2013
FIFA 13
Sleeping Dogs
Battlefield 3
Halo 4

The game I've enjoyed most is BF3, but if we're talking 2012 releases then Trials Evolution is first and Halo 4's multiplayer with mates second.

Objectively though, neither PES nor FIFA are well made, good quality games. We may enjoy them as football fans, but they're not the best games of the year.

Trials Evolution is an incredibly well executed game - the visual design, the difficulty, physics etc. are all finely tuned, the amount of content is very good for the money but perhaps the best thing is the level editor.

There are countless tracks made by the community which are as good as or better than the original content, many themed based on films or other games, some of the things people have done doesn't even involve the bike, there are loads of mini-games available as well, great stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm continually behind with games, most of what I played this year was from late 2011.

All the same, my favourite games (even if most weren't released this year) were:

Skyrim
Mass Effect 3
Unchartered 3
The Witcher 2
Zelda Skyward Sword
Batman Arkham City
Forza 4
Journey
Battlefield 3

PES2013 was played the most but isn't in the same league as the games above.

Still to play Gears of War 3, Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs, F1 2012, the list is endless...

Borderlands 2 (probably more GOTY worth than 1st one. Great fun in Co-Op).
Far Cry 3
FIFA 13
Hitman Absolution
Dishonored
Assassin Creed 3

BL2 + Dishonored + Hitman I still play now ;).

1.Dishonored
2.Far Cry 3
3.Max Payne 3
Fourth place Sleeping Dogs,Hitman Absolution and Dragon's Dogma!

disappointing games:Assassin's Creed III,Pes 2013..!

Last edited:
i played a bit of sleeping dogs and i loved it. That '70 movie feeling and honk king are great for gaming.

I think it is my year fav as a regular disc game.

Bit like Supertalk, I'm behind on games so only played Uncharted 3 this year, which is a fantastic game.

For this year though I'd have to say I had enjoyment out of Witcher 2, and Dishonored deserves an honourable mention. Hitman Absolution though takes the crown.

1. FarCry 3
2. Hitman; Absolution
3. Assassin's Creed III
4. Sleeping Dogs (the rank might have changed if wei shen didn't run like a school girl)
5. Max Payne 3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom