Your Game of the Year 2012

1-Skyrim - for the overall experience and how it consumed my life and thoughts for a while. I shouldn't be enjoying a game about dragons so much at my age but it grabbed me by the balls for a pretty intense few weeks.

2-Sleeping Dogs - loved the brutality of it, the excellent story line and great voice acting.

3-Max Payne 3 - if the second half had been as good as the first half then this might have been higher up. The script was great at building the character up but then it seemed like they got bored halfway through.

X-FIFA 13 ('cause I agree it's almost unfair to compare sports and non-sports games).

I still love PES 2013.

I've still to play my way through games such as Assassins, Hitman, MOH, COD and likes.

I'd say Walking Dead, absolute awesome. I know it's not really an action packed game.

Outwith WD and PES, I'd probably go for Max Payne 3. I've saw some clippets of the previous games and never been too bothered about it, but I thought it was absolutely superb. Stunning graphics and a great story.

FD

I couldn't really enjoy May Payne 3. it does lack variety in gameplay and it does feel like Miami Vice way too often. first scene reminded me of Apocalypse now. actually every scene reminds of something else, kinda feel like a rip off of tons of movies/tv shows. I love the san paulo setting though.

I'd say sleeping dogs is becoming my top game of the year.

It's hard, i don't think i could give it a specific one, my top three would be:- Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3 and NBA 2k13, although likes of max payne 3 i've still to play which hopefully get to do at some point

Either FTL, walking dead or dayz.
If I'm talking retail games, then ... Dragons dogma, xcom enemy unknown, binary domain, Catherine.

I'm not sure which I'd pick as the single best game I played.

There haven't been many this year that have actually stood out for me, though to be fair, I've not really been in a position to buy many.

Recently picked up NFS: Most Wanted and whilst I'm never gonna suggest it's the best game of the year, it's really very good. The handling is good, the upgrades system ditto. Graphically it's pretty excellent and there are plenty of amazing cars on offer to try out.

i just watched some of gametrailers "awards". J, what a bunch of bollocks from that web site. They give best here best there to all the big americans corporations. Call fo duty here, Assassin creed there, Halo etc.

And i watch a video in which a alleged "market expert" claimed game of the year should go to the game that sells more copies. What a sublime argument!

i just watched some of gametrailers "awards". J, what a bunch of bollocks from that web site. They give best here best there to all the big americans corporations. Call fo duty here, Assassin creed there, Halo etc.

And i watch a video in which a alleged "market expert" claimed game of the year should go to the game that sells more copies. What a sublime argument!

Most common and biggest bs in gaming, and these are the same people who always cry for games to be innovative. When games are and bring a new experience, they still go back to a game which has been using the same model and mechanics for last 6 years and give it basically game of the year yet doing nothing new at all, if anything. Don't even understand why most these people get paid to do what they, they're terrible at it.

darksiders 2- Never got my interest didnt like look of 1st game but gave this a shot as got for free and couldnt stop playing, something different than i usually play and prob why i enjoyed so much bored of the sandbox and fps genre these days

pes 2013- best footy game ever or at least since ps2 days

Sleeping dogs- Captures the aisan city feel really well, felt gameplay got a big stagnant as game progressed, does seem a bit unfinished and IMO couldve done with more action gufights though i guess that would kill the somewhat realistic nature of the game. Gunplay and slo mo was pretty fun but rather to easy and not used often enough, fighting also rather easy.

yakuza 4 (release 2011 though but play now)- great story played 50hrs and completed main story but only 15% of game lol, has great atmosphere and characters kept me hooked

Ghost recon FS- I enjoyed this one due to tactical nature rather than run n gun cod etc..nice change of pace and realism.

After having spent the last week playing Sleeping Doga, I can't emphasize enough how good it is. Game design is brilliant and probably one of the best sanbox games I've ever played. Definitely one of the best games in 2012.

I love the story, the voice acting, the love for detail, the humour and the way everything combines. Thumbs up!

i bought a second hand version with the DLC in it. Nothing special but if you like the game it is a nice plus to get a few extra missions and more kung fu based elements.

Back
Top Bottom