XBOX 360 PES 2008 OPTION FILE ?

For me, a lack of decent editing reduces the lifespan of the game. PS2 versions lasted a whole year.

Yep, I picked up PES6 on PS2 in July this year and whacked out another bunch of new kit edits, chucked some new players into my created team, updated the boot templates, etc.

I haven't played PES6 on 360 since May, and I was only given it in January, cos if I don't fancy a game online, the gameplay's worse and it's not really just about the graphics.

Clearly Konami are missing quite a large portion of those who buy PES. They want it updated to FIFA level. I can't really see why they had butchered the PES6 (on PC/PS2) edit format. Just seems stupid really.

if anybody has an XSATA please try the following to clarify...

Hook your XSATA up to your 360...

Place your .jpeg images into the PES 2008 folder
( the folder where it saves the vision camera pics too )

Then when you go back to the edit mode, edit player it should refresh your directory and your imported picture will display in an available slot.
( NOTE: only certain picture sizes will work.. )

That might be how you import your own pictures into PES

it isn't swap transfers only.. at the top of the team, there is 'add' and you go onto that, and just choose the player you want to add to the squad.. for example, Derby 'Add' Kenny Miller, and West Ham 'Add' Nobby Solano

hi, so it's dangerous copy a option file from a banned xbox360?

i'm not too sure, but I think if you copy any option file that microsoft has on its list, then yes you will be banned. But I think if you edit the option file yourself it will be ok. In my opinion, I wouldn't risk it - I would wait till someone completely confirms it and if there is a way around it. Stupid microsoft

if anybody has an XSATA please try the following to clarify...

Hook your XSATA up to your 360...

Place your .jpeg images into the PES 2008 folder
( the folder where it saves the vision camera pics too )

Then when you go back to the edit mode, edit player it should refresh your directory and your imported picture will display in an available slot.
( NOTE: only certain picture sizes will work.. )

That might be how you import your own pictures into PES

Good idea man! If this works, I'm def. gonna buy this Xsata thing. Please someone try this and tell us if it works!!!

Guys, buying an xsata is all well and good but the reality is we shouldn't have to go to any extra expense. Konami should be providing us with an extensive edit mode in the game itself! When the transfer window closed at the end of August I updated all my transfers/kits and created necessary new players on my PS2 version so that I was ready to go for the new season. My plan was to buy an xbox 360 with PES 2008 on its launch day. It now looks like it'll be easier to cure cancer than to get a good option file with all the Premiership teams! Surely you guys realise that the kit editing function is appalling on PES 2008 and the only way to get proper kits and badges for EVERY Premiership team is with a patch. I'm not so sure that we will even be able to get patched option files on 360. The easy solution is to boycott the whole f**kng thing this year so Konami realise they will have to give us a more complete product next time around. I bought every PS2 Pro Evo game on launch day and, where possible, spent my first few weeks updating team names, kits, transfers, player names etc and now I won't even be able to do that properly! Shame on Konami, to treat loyal customers like this. Might I add that I also had ISS titles on the SNES, N64 and PSone. Nobody is a bigger Pro Evo fanboy than me and it hurts me to say it but I'll say it again: Boycott PES 2008!
By the way, the demo seriously sucks a*s

Guys, buying an xsata is all well and good but the reality is we shouldn't have to go to any extra expense. Konami should be providing us with an extensive edit mode in the game itself! When the transfer window closed at the end of August I updated all my transfers/kits and created necessary new players on my PS2 version so that I was ready to go for the new season. My plan was to buy an xbox 360 with PES 2008 on its launch day. It now looks like it'll be easier to cure cancer than to get a good option file with all the Premiership teams! Surely you guys realise that the kit editing function is appalling on PES 2008 and the only way to get proper kits and badges for EVERY Premiership team is with a patch. I'm not so sure that we will even be able to get patched option files on 360. The easy solution is to boycott the whole f**kng thing this year so Konami realise they will have to give us a more complete product next time around. I bought every PS2 Pro Evo game on launch day and, where possible, spent my first few weeks updating team names, kits, transfers, player names etc and now I won't even be able to do that properly! Shame on Konami, to treat loyal customers like this. Might I add that I also had ISS titles on the SNES, N64 and PSone. Nobody is a bigger Pro Evo fanboy than me and it hurts me to say it but I'll say it again: Boycott PES 2008!
By the way, the demo seriously sucks a*s

only problem is mate is that the game doesnt suck...the gameplay is phenomanal...when i put it on first I was like...erm...hang about this is shit but after a few games I fell in love with the pes series all over again...

the player edit mode is good, only problem for me is the faces on the preset players...there isnt a face selection thing anymore you HAVE to build a face using sliders...its ok but more time consuming...the kits...suppose they are appaling, but least we can edit them this year, I cant explain how painful it was last year being unable to even register players...

but i agree...I played pes6 on the pc with kitserver and it was incredible but im gonna be sticking to the 360 version this year over the PC and ps2 versions..

Good idea man! If this works, I'm def. gonna buy this Xsata thing. Please someone try this and tell us if it works!!!

I am gonnna try this tonight and let you guys know if it works...im not holdin my breath because I think the game will go back to that file number ( 1 - 8 ) and look for the file...

for example...if i put Man Utd's kit in slot one...edit them...then replace the slot with Middlesboroughs i expect Man utd will then show Middlesboroughs kits...

thats my prediction anyway...but I hope it works...il report later tonight...

meh at the very least might be able to get the top 4

and I agree the gameplay is phenominal

yeah ive decided im going to do the top 7 premiership teams and Birmingham City...thats good enough...some would have ben too hard anyway, such as Sunderland with their stripes...

I have a very demanding sexy girlfriend and ive spend every minute since Tuesday thinking about PEs than I have her...its wrong...but I love the PES series and the gameplay on this just clicks after a while...

ha ha I love it, really think about it, PES is the ONLY franchise I am still playing after all these years...the only franchise that repeats the amazing shit...I think the only problem we have is that we are hardcore fans and we loved it when they didnt have any real teams or anything and now maybe our expectations are slightly too high!!!

Is there a way of putting an option file on the xbox360 version without buying an xsata or anything else? Can you just use a usb device? Also what's the talk about not being able to put option files on your console because it will ban it? Is this just for online if so I'm not really bothered about being banned because I have no intentions of going online.

I have my 360 Hd hooked up to xport... i took 1 pic of my face and 2 of a logo with my cam.

these are the file names in the folders now.

PES2008_OPTION01.bin
PES2008_FACE01.bin
PES2008_UNIFORM01.bin
PES2008_UNIFORM02.bin

heres the folder...

http://rapidshare.com/files/65203094/PES2008_360_SAVE_FOLDER.rar.html

would be great if we could find out a way to decrypt the image files to replace them with kits.

Game Graphics Studio seems to find just 2 small thumbnails of the PES2008 Logo...

I wonder will an update of this enable us to get the images decrypted??

I compared the image file from my rainbow six image file and the header and format of the 2 png thumbnails seems to be the same as the pes file. Im guessing then that the image files in the pes save folder are the same format which must me microsofts format for storing the 360 live vision cam or something.

Last edited:
yeah ive decided im going to do the top 7 premiership teams and Birmingham City...thats good enough...some would have ben too hard anyway, such as Sunderland with their stripes...

I have a very demanding sexy girlfriend and ive spend every minute since Tuesday thinking about PEs than I have her...its wrong...but I love the PES series and the gameplay on this just clicks after a while...
You have PES,and i'll take your bird? fair swap??:D

So just to clarify:

XBOX PES 2008 - can not edit boots and only limited slots to edit kits.
PS3 PES 2008 - as above?
PS2 PES 2008 - as pes 6?

I have PES6 on the PS2 and i'm thinking about buying a new format XBOX/PS3 shall i even bother?

So just to clarify:

XBOX PES 2008 - can not edit boots and only limited slots to edit kits.
PS3 PES 2008 - as above?
PS2 PES 2008 - as pes 6?

I have PES6 on the PS2 and i'm thinking about buying a new format XBOX/PS3 shall i even bother?

you are correct mate...if you're buying with the view to edit the game fully dont bother...you want gameplay and new features then yeah get the next gen version

Xbox 360 has better games IMO

you are correct mate...if you're buying with the view to edit the game fully dont bother...you want gameplay and new features then yeah get the next gen version

Xbox 360 has better games IMO

i've played PES2008 on the 360 and PS2 and think the PS2 game plays beta, has more teams and competitions and has its normal edit feature which is pretty good, 360 edit facility is lacking

has anybody tried the XSATA picture thing and if so has it worked? I have an XSATA but im not sure what and how to do it. :)

I have my 360 Hd hooked up to xport... i took 1 pic of my face and 2 of a logo with my cam.

these are the file names in the folders now.

PES2008_OPTION01.bin
PES2008_FACE01.bin
PES2008_UNIFORM01.bin
PES2008_UNIFORM02.bin

heres the folder...

http://rapidshare.com/files/65203094/PES2008_360_SAVE_FOLDER.rar.html

would be great if we could find out a way to decrypt the image files to replace them with kits.

Game Graphics Studio seems to find just 2 small thumbnails of the PES2008 Logo...

I wonder will an update of this enable us to get the images decrypted??

I compared the image file from my rainbow six image file and the header and format of the 2 png thumbnails seems to be the same as the pes file. Im guessing then that the image files in the pes save folder are the same format which must me microsofts format for storing the 360 live vision cam or something.

So we could in theory have the picture done on photoshop once decrypted, then encrypt again and put back onto Xbox with XSATA? We just need someone to decrypt the bin files

Back
Top Bottom