XBOX 360 PES 2008 OPTION FILE ?

CORNWALL

Conference
10 October 2006
Is the XBOX 360 version of pes 2008 going to have the full edit mode this year like on the ps2 or ps3 versions ?

And will you be able to sahre it with other people or is it linked to your console like ive heard ?

I was very dissapionted last year as the 360 one had a crappy edit mode :(

The 360 will have full edit mode, and you will be able to share OF. What you'll need to be sure of is that the OF you get hold of is'nt from a console that's been "banned" and also that you make some small editing to the updated OF yourself so that it will be "signed" with your consoleID. There's been talk of a resigning prg for 360 gamesaves as we had it for the old xbox, but I can't confirm this...

Hi, what does a banned console mean ? And so if I got an option file - in order to use it with my 360 i would have to change/edit something on it ? could that be anything like one player name or something ?

Thanks for your help :)

MS downloaded gamesaves from several sites, checked the consoleID of those saves and banned those who had uploaded saves.

They only revoked the savetransfer option, meaning they're not able to transfer saves from the console, so if one would use such a save on another colsole it will be corruptet.

If one made a OF witch consoleID is'nt on MS list, and there's plenty, it will be okay.

It enough to just edit one simple stat or anything else, and the save will be signed with your consoleID...

The 360 will have full edit mode, and you will be able to share OF. What you'll need to be sure of is that the OF you get hold of is'nt from a console that's been "banned" and also that you make some small editing to the updated OF yourself so that it will be "signed" with your consoleID. There's been talk of a resigning prg for 360 gamesaves as we had it for the old xbox, but I can't confirm this...

How would you be able to access the option file from inside the game though. TBH I'm not holding out any hope that we'll see an option file for the 360, unless you've got a modded console or something like that.

Is there a way of getting badges and logos onto the console, so that you can choose them in edit mode?
From what I saw in the link below, I am sure you can. They made a kit an used their own PC action logo on it. The edit feature looks quite intense.

Check this link out: http://www.pcaction.de/?article_id=616294

It is pictorial showing you how to export faces into the game. The last few pics show how to edit kits.

Last edited:
Yeah i saw that. Was that on PC though? They've managed to get their logo in there.

If i can get badges and logos on to my console and people are making them, then OFs won't matter that much. I don't mind doing this work myself. I just don't like the games original badges for the Prem teams for example.

Yeah i saw that. Was that on PC though? They've managed to get their logo in there.

If i can get badges and logos on to my console and people are making them, then OFs won't matter that much. I don't mind doing this work myself. I just don't like the games original badges for the Prem teams for example.
It was for XBOX 360. If you check the pics, it has all the XBOX controls at the bottom. It came off the WENB website. And they mention that it is for XBOX. I know you can upload files from a camera or a data cd onto the xbox. So I am sure you will be able to edit quite a bit.

despite all the complaining in those comments if you look closely perfect addidas kits will be easy to make at least ( for liverpool :D ) as the last 3 kit types are adidas templates and with different colour blending should be quite easy and finally perfect carlsberg logos :D

despite all the complaining in those comments if you look closely perfect addidas kits will be easy to make at least ( for liverpool :D ) as the last 3 kit types are adidas templates and with different colour blending should be quite easy and finally perfect carlsberg logos :D
From what I heard, when you edit the kits that way it doesnt look amazing in-game. It loses quality. Only time will tell.

Umm... Please tell me this is not true as if it is we wont be able to have real club logo's Badges in any option files for pes 2008 !!!!

Quote from http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/10/wenb-exclusive-editing-at-its-finest.html

A little bit of bad news to get out the way before the great is that its been confirmed to the team that club logos are not editable in PES 2008. This seems strange to me as they have been editable in all the previous versions of the game. But for some reason in PES 2008 you can't edit the club logo.

Umm... Please tell me this is not true as if it is we wont be able to have real club logo's Badges in any option files for pes 2008 !!!!

Quote from http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/10/wenb-exclusive-editing-at-its-finest.html

A little bit of bad news to get out the way before the great is that its been confirmed to the team that club logos are not editable in PES 2008. This seems strange to me as they have been editable in all the previous versions of the game. But for some reason in PES 2008 you can't edit the club logo.

Ok... "it's not true".

I should clarify that I'm lying, because you can't edit the logos, just as they say on WENB, but you only asked for someone to tell you it wasn't true, you didn't say they had to be telling the truth. And I wasn't.

Happy To Help.

hmm it looks like the importing face mode from the link above is on pc as its taking the files directly from the c drive...unless this is linked through windows media centre or something

what if the pc version has 360 button commands aswell??? it's like always just a converted console version and since everyone uses different gamepads, there wouldn't be a coherent solution...and i think in pes6 there were the button commands from playstation 2 too

I'm so feed up with MS total ignorance when it comes to this Option File and us sharing it and they threaten to f**** ban people who do this from xbox live. Our friends at WEBN was told loud and clear from MS that this was'nt tolerated and thus scaring people from sharing xbox 360 OF... F**** MS, I'm selling the box and bying a PS3 witch no sells for around 350£ here...

So how can we have a decent option file?

I mean real names for all players and teams, all the transfers and kits?

Is it possible in 360?

So how can we have a decent option file?
I mean real names for all players and teams, all the transfers and kits?
Is it possible in 360?

Basically, no.

Let's start with the good stuff, from what I know having read around here.

PLAYER NAMES
We can have real names for all players, as long as you know who they are, of course. Loads are still wrong though, especially in smaller international teams, and Germany is always a mess.

TRANSFER MODE
Transfer mode is apparently "swaps" only (though only one person has mentioned this, so it may not be accurate) which makes getting correct squads very difficult, unless you can find a long chain reaction of players.
If it's "swap" only, that's not easy to do well for instance if you want to put a player in Fulham from Middlesbrough and there's no Fulham player who went to Middlesbrough at the same time. I guess you could "cheat" it by transferring players in and out from League C as an interim measure, though, so that might be a workaround.
I don't know whether clubless international players can be registered to clubs.

PLAYER FACES.
Initial fears that there were only 9 player face slots have been proven to be wrong, but no-one yet has suggested the upper limit for number of face imports. I'd hope it was "Available Disk space" but it might be far fewer. On the bright side, the face importing seems pretty good, and you can match skin tones to the face colours, though at the moment it's via XBox Live Vision Camera only (at least until people can get at the files on the HD via file-transferrring hardware/software and third party PC-based programs).

KITS
Not good. Firstly, there are only 12 kit templates with 5 different colourways on each, although most of the current adidas (except the T&T/Slovakia style and the old France/Germany World Cup) are in, the Puma "shoulders" is there, there are a couple of Nike, the Ukraine Lotto and some others, but there doesn't seem to be much chance of any Umbro templates from what I've seen, which is about half the Premier League this season.

LOGOS
You can't edit club logos as they show up in the menus at all.

SHIRT FRONTS
You CAN import, using the X-Box Live Vision Cam ONLY, 8 pictures, which can be used for the front of kits. But only 8. If you delete those even after they've been applied to a kit, they are removed from game. So you can't have more than 8. And there are 18 unlicensed Premier League teams. I don't yet know whether the old style of typing in and stretching/skewing fonts to create adverts are still in the game, but I don't think they are.

There might, possibly, be a method of getting pics into the empty slots using an Xsata/Xport, but that still won't allow us to use more than six imported kits. However, just MAYBE it might allow transparency and the use of imported templates which could be changed using the RGB colour balance import feature.

NAMES & NUMBERS
On the bright side, there are 12 shirt Name and 12 shirt Number styles, including the new Premier League numbers and the lower-case.

OPTION FILES
...the conclusion being it's going to be impossible to make the changes to the game that would be needed to make it entirely accurate.
And then there are the "banning" issues surrounding distribution of the Option Files, which won't help either.

Bit of a nightmare really.

EDIT : If anyone knows any of this information is DEFINITELY INCORRECT, post below and I'll update it, cos this is all I've seen so far, and I don't yet have the game.

Last edited:
shit really, isnt it.

think i'll just edit shirts best i can, just plain colours / stripes etc.
and team names in the prem.

cant be bothered with owt else.

'Swap' only transfers would be ridiculous.

I'm hoping it's wrong too, but someone with the game already posted about it somewhere around here, using Yakubu Everton/Boro as an example.

Sorry I haven't been able to provide citations too, but you know how it is ! ;-)

The worst bit about this is with just slightly more thought, Konami could have had an excellent edit mode. They can obviously allow shirt importing, so why not each section of the kit ? Why not unlimited imports (dependent on disk space only) ? Why not boot picture importing too ? That technology is already there, they've proved it. Why limit it ?
There's absolutely no reason not to have switchable shorts/socks to go with the home kit either, they had it in WE10. And the transfer mode is as bad as the early 2000s again.

Even ball editing would be possible. All they need to do is already in the game. With multi-layer front, shoulder, back, shorts, socks and boot picture importing, there would be no need for "templates".

Having said that, they're getting slowdown/speedup issues WITHOUT the pic images, and without HD-looking match-view graphics. :-(

I've said it elsewhere, they've gone back years in terms of editing and features, it's like they're planning on drip-dripping the same crappy features in again one by one. The differences now though are that we've seen it all before and know not to believe their promises, and that FIFA08 is a viable alternative.

Last edited:
But this would mean a return to the dark days of stupid/complicated transfers. Remember that? It's not on, really.

Yup, I remember having good enough templates to create 36 in-game boots too, that was, ooh, nearly 12 months ago - and on the sodding "hi-spec" PS2 FFS !

What worries me is that Konami's benchmark for PES on NG seems to be PES6 on 360, which was so far inferior to PES6 on PS2 in terms of gameplay as well as editing options it was unbelievable. Yes, the gameplay's better in 360 on PES2008 (so most people seem to be saying - if arcadey), but it was even better on PS2 a year ago with far less processing power, and you could make the teams look real on that too.

Konami are just missing the point entirely ! I'd probably rather the PS2 version from last year with all the options and 10,000 empty player slots and teams (with configurable tournaments) than the limited botch-job that we're getting this time - but they've even crapped up the PS2 version to have the Next-Gen not look bad in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom