WWE All Stars - Street Fighter meets Smackdown and Randy Savage is in!

WWE has been steadily releasing more information on the upcoming WWE All Stars game.

-In addition to singles matches, Tornado Tag, Fatal 4 Way, Extreme Rules, Elimination, and Steel Cage matches will also be available.

-It was also just announced that Honky Tonk Man will be a playable character, accessible by downloadable content.

YouTube - WWE All Stars Fantasy Warfare Trailer

I don't like wrestling anyway more but do people other than kids and fanatics really like wrestling games because the last time i actually liked a wrestling game (Just Bring It on PS2) happened to coincide with my actual enjoyment of watching WWF/E in general. I can't tell if it's just because i don't like wrestling or if they are actually rubbish games (they're published by THQ after all).

Last edited:
Demo in not-actually-that-bad shocker.

Won't be buying the full game, mind, but it was pretty good fun Warrior against Rey. Finishing move seems to KO the opponent, so once that's hit, it's game over and pin.

Think this is really good - better than Legends of Wrestlemania. Think I will buy it, but probably when it goes cheaper, but it was fun and well done.

better than Smackdown vs Raw 2011?

Different games really - like comparing NBA Jam, with NBA2K11.

One is very arcade, one more sim.

Thats why I said it was better than Legends as that was kind of arcadey.

But All Stars is WAY over the top, massive moves, lots of special effects etc. The character models are superb though with really good animations (well, Warrior and Mysterio anyway!)

But is Smackdown V Raw that much of a simulation, Last smackdown I played was the original Smackdown V Raw and it was pretty much arcade so how much better is it now if I was to pick it up?

I would class WWE All Stars as a beat 'em up more than anything else. It's a pick up and play kinda game, whereas SvR is more about dedicating a bit of time towards. It's fun, doesn't attempt to be anything other than a fighting game - the fact you can deploy counters and button mash away until your heart's content add to this. You can literally keep an opponent in the air by continuing to smack the buttons so he can't hit the mat. You wouldn't get anything like that in an game hoping to be "realistic". This is just a good laugh.

84% in the new Gamesmaster Magazine, too. They loved it - so much so the cover is devoted to the game, and they even have a separate 12 or so thick paged A4 booklet all about it.

£29 on shopto with the Dibiase DLC

Great price. My only issue would be how long the game would keep you hooked for. The lack of a Royal Rumble mode is disappointing, although I can understand why given the size of the character models. I think there's plenty to unlock though, and there's DLC content and CAW mode too.

Novelty wore off very quickly and it's just pretty average in the end. Worth £10, £15 at best.

I've been enjoying it, though it does make me want to see them take this game, make it a little more serious and replace SvR.
It reminds me of the Wrestlefest game with the beefed up models - although they are overly beefed up. The over the top moves don;t really bother me too much though some of them are a bit OTT just for the sake of it... it doesn't add anything seeing Eddie Guerrero doing a 450 splash instead of just a really high frog splash or Rey Mysterio doing his corkscrew twist as he jumps off the ropes... he could have just done a double forward flip and it would have looked probably better and made more sense with the inertia he has leaping up/forwards.

I've had to put the difficulty up to hard though to get the best out of it. Reversals come into play more, pinfalls actually have a use because on the higher difficulties it's risky trying to go for the finisher KO win and either they revers it or it doesn't KO them and they make a come back and ko you.

CAW mode is a big let down coming from SvR.... it really should be much better and include more real world items. It didn't have to be as in depth as SvR in terms of designs and layer limits.... but a simple 'draw your own logo' with a limit of like 1 or 2 per caw would have been enough to transform them from 'decent caws' to 'as good as in game models'.

Has promise.

Just picked this up for the kids. Will I ever play it? Will I fuck! :)
They have about 6 different wrestling games now. SvR 2008, 09, 10, 11, Legends of Wrestling and now this. I say why do you want 08 when 11 is now out? A few different moves and wrestlers Dad and we like them all is the reply. Oh well. When the weather is shit, I don't mind them playing on it as long as their reports and behaviour is good.

I think its more likely they'll be padded out in John Cena Merchandise and playing hide and seek "You Can't See Me!"

Back
Top Bottom